THANKS A LOT FOR THIS GROUP

I am just making the final touches in my POS before I go live next
Monday.  I just want to say THANKS A LOT to all of you for taking the
time to answer the questions posted because I do not know what I could
have done without this group.  I have to say it out loud Microsoft
Dynamics User's Guide is not very good at giving details and after
expending $20K, I do not think that I should pay $500/3hr to get a
basic question answered.

Thanks a lot

Gina

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Gina,

I agree - without this group and the kind assistance from the many that
frequent it - we all would have given up a long time ago.

"Gina" wrote:

> I am just making the final touches in my POS before I go live next
> Monday.  I just want to say THANKS A LOT to all of you for taking the
> time to answer the questions posted because I do not know what I could
> have done without this group.  I have to say it out loud Microsoft
> Dynamics User's Guide is not very good at giving details and after
> expending $20K, I do not think that I should pay $500/3hr to get a
> basic question answered.
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Gina

0
Luminox (155)

Excel Group/Ungroup doesn't work
Hi I am running Excel 2002 SP3 My spreadsheet is not protected and I still can't group rows. It doesn't return any error message or any other strange behavior. Any ideas ? Thanks Is the worksheet protected? (I'm not sure what you mean by spreadsheet.) Do you have multiple worksheets grouped together (look for [Group] in the title bar)? Any chance it's just not showing? (Tools|options|View tab|is the Outline Symbols checked?) If this doesn't help, you may want to give more information describing what you did and what happened. Ben wrote: > > Hi > I am runni...

Closing the Microsoft News Groups
I have installed NNTPBridge. It is titled "127.0.0.1 and the only set of groups has something to do with MSDN. However, I cannot find the way to download and get subscribed to the groups that are equivalent to the Microsoft Communities newsgroups. Does anyone know if there is a simple procedure somewhere that explains just how to do this? Thanks, Gordo See: http://windowslive.com/Connect/Post/62babfee-b5f5-4ace-ba40-cebb731de8a8 gordo wrote: > I have installed NNTPBridge. It is titled "127.0.0.1 and the only set of > groups has something to do with ...

adding to a group
Yesterday I posted on how to link data with other data with a drop-down menu. I was able to do this, but I can't figure out how to add or subtract to these groups. Example 54" $20 60" $30 66" $40 So the lengths would be in the drop menu and the price would come up correspondiing to the length. Now suppose I want to add another length and price to these groups (72" and $50), how can I do this? I have the lengths in a group called size. It seems I cannot modify the contents of "size" What about eliminating one of the lengths? Thanks in advanc...

Thanks Microsoft
I used the MSMoney -> Quicken converter facility in Quicken 2010 to import many years of data. The converter did an excellent job. There were a few mistakes, but I was able to correct these. Recent posts to this news group indicate that Intuit will update the converter facility in November, addressing all of the mistakes that I found. As far as I can tell, my financial data is in good shape, and I have no need to re-do the conversion process in November. My own reading indicates that Microsoft and Intuit cooperated in order to make the conversion software successful. I am disappointed tha...

Need to Sum one column for each row that is part of a group and then filter out dups
I have around 53,000 rows of data with columns A-I. The first five rows for example have data for a particular student... STUDENT A. Rows 6 through 15 have data about another student... STUDENT B, and so forth. Each column per student has the same data in it with the exception of the last column, column I. Column I has the students GPA (Grade Point Averages) in it per row. So, for example, STUDENT A might have a GPA in row 1 of 4.0, a GPA in row 2 of 2.5, a GPA in row 3 of 4.0, a GPA in row 4 of 3.0, and a GPA in row 5 of 4.0. Since all data in the rows for each person has the same...

Group Policy Editor
Running Server 2008 with a Vista and XP client. I've enforced group policies. The Vista client is fine, but I get an error with the XP Client. RSoP data is invalid. Likely causes are, data is corrupt, data has been deleted or data has never been created. Details: invalid namespace. I cannot figure this out. Any help with be appreciated. ...

how to undo... I worry a lot
I want to add that since my message, I CANNOT read my emails, I don't know where they go. The number in inbox increases, but they are not shown. What did I do... and how to undo it ? Please, help ! thanks Check your view. View, Current View. Make sure it's not set to unread messages or some other filtered view. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 Author, Absolute Beginner's Guide to OneNote 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Jeanine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com...

Problem creating distribution group
I have over 700 address contacts that have been "tagged" into various categories. I know how to set up a new distribution group. However, when I choose "select names" the names from my list apear as first name, last name instead of last name , first name. This makes it almost impossible to scroll up and down looking for the name I want to select and add to my distribution group. Please advise of any suggestions. What version of Outlook? Randal Langley wrote: > I have over 700 address contacts that have been "tagged" > into various categories. I ...

Two adm groups. Error c1041721. All the sore up and running
Hi, I have two administrative groups with 4 E2K in each group. The problem is I can reach all the servers in one administrative group, but no one in the other When I intent to see de storage group I receive a c1041721 error. All the IS are up and running Pls I need a little help -- Gabriel N Argentina ...

thank!
Thank you very mauch! ...

Limiting access to Distribution groups and contacts
I have some distrubution groups and contacts that have SMTP email addresses. The SMTP addresses are need for internal use. My problem is that these contacts are recieving SPAM, that is in some cases being redirected to customers. One that is hurting me is a contact that has an SMTP address, that points to a FAX server. So when it recieves an email its being redirected to my fax server to be faxed to my customer. Hi Jimmy, On the internal only groups and contacts, pull up properties, in the Exchange General tab, under Accept messages check, "From Authenticated Users Only"...

Moving & hiding worksheet groups
Is there a way to: We want to have a summary worksheet for each day (i.e. Monday, Tuesday, etc.) and those are the only worksheets you see. But we want to have multiple hidden worksheets "grouped" with each day so that when you click on the worksheet for a day (e.g. Monday) then the worksheets "grouped" with the Monday worksheet are listed after that tab. Then, when you click on Tuesday's worksheet, the Monday "grouped" worksheets are hidden again and the worksheets "grouped" with Tuesday's worksheet are shown after that tab. Can this b...

Grouping into groups
Hello. I have a problem which I posted on few forums, but couldn't get the exact answer I look for. The problem is that I have a set of number in Excel. For Example: A:1 = 1,2,3,4,5,6..99 A:2 = 1,3,4,5...99 And so on. Its just an example, so the A:3 doesn't have to have 1,4,5,6...99. I have like 700+ of those sets, and the think I would like to find out is to know the formula to automatically pick numbers, and group them into groups. By grouping into groups I mean that: In Column B:1, I want computer to go through set in A:1, and see if there are numbers between 1 and 3. If ther...

Group Emails #5
I have a small business and would like to email all my 60 or so accounts once a month with reminders (all will receive the same message). How do I send group emails so that the person seeing the email does not see the whole group of names. Also, if they reply, does the reply only come to me and not to all the other addresses? Please explain how I do this? thank you. Use the BCC field or mail merge. Both methods will not send to all on replies. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here...

Pivot Table Chart
I have a pivot table which is translated into a chart. I have 20 rows of data, each has a numeric value, which is in turn translated into a Vertical Bar Chart. I can get the chart to display the relevant values for each Bar. Now I have "grouped" some of the rows in the pivot table, and the pivot table displays the totals for each of the groups, the chart "groups" together the bars under a relevant heading that I have given in the PT. What I now want to do is display on the chart somewhere [ possibly at the bottom where the group headings are displayed ] the totals for...

Possible to Limit Mailbox Size by Group?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319583/ Was reading this and need to have certain groups to have different mailbox limitations. I don't want to set them all the same and I don't want to go through 1000 individual boxes either. Best would be to have a group and with one whack I could set all in that group to a certain limit. I can't find how to do this. Anyone know? I did read it might be possible to create different OU and assign each one in an OU a different Exchange database. I'm not sure how to proceed there. Everyone is using the priv.edb database. And if I could s...

Group membership (deny changes)
Doe anyone know how to deny changing the Group membership of a security or distribution group? Ik know how to change it for one group but I want to change it for every group under a particular OU. I don't feel like changing it for a few thousand groups... I know it's a permission entry on the group (Properties - this object only -> Write Members). Thanks! set the permission on the OU that the group is member of dont use "this object only" , insteed use "group objects" or "all child objects" Lasse Pettersson "Anthony Drewes" <Anthony...

Thanks!
Thanks Doug: I found a short object name that access NOW does not reconize. I changed the short object name to full object name and everything then compiled fine. Again Thanks! ...

The cursor in Excel select groups of cells and I can't get out.
I have found that my cursor seems to lock up for some unknown reason occasionally and when I try to escape I can't get out. The program just selects the adjacent cells wherever I move my mouse. It is maddening since I must shut down Excel to get out. Does anyone know why this is happening? http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Jenn" wrote: > I have found that my cursor seems to lock up for some unknown reason > occasionally and when I try to escape I can't get out. The program just > selects the adjacent cells wherever ...

Returns & lot numbers
Version: GP 8, SP 3 How does one do a purchasing return for an item on an invoice that has already been paid? How does one change a lot number on a received item when one has mistyped the lot number and the transaction has been posted? Thank you, M. E. Houston ...

inscription groupe de discussion
De: "Matt" <mdw233psu@yahoo.com> Objet: Divide Dates into Weeks and Months Date: jeudi 24 mai 2007 16:07 Hi All, I have a table that has 3 fields: OT_DATE WEEK MONTH The purpose of this table is to calculate overtime worked per employee per week. I join to the table to an attendance table on the date and then use this tbale to group by week (so that I can caluclate the hrs over 40 for each employee). Is there any way to do this other than manually adding dates to this table. It is no big deal, but I didnt know how other people did this. ...

tHANK yOU
bY __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3948 (20090319) __________ The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. http://www.eset.com Spam! mohammad wrote: > bY > > __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3948 (20090319) __________ > > The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. > > http://www.eset.com Stop spamming the newsgroups with your personal choice for an antivirus program. The text appended to your post makes you appear an id...

Thank You
Thanks to all who have helped me over the years with Win98, XP, and now 7. Much appreciated. And, I hope that I assisted via a few of my posts. Microsoft forums are a step backward compared to this means of communication, in my humble opinion. ciao shellyf wrote: > Microsoft forums are a step backward compared to this means of > communication, in my humble opinion. Did you even ask your NSP (EasyNews) if they will be dropping the microsoft.* newsgroups? They probably arent. Giganews isn't dropping the microsoft.* newsgroups. Google Groups probably won't, eith...

Thank-you
Just a quick note the say thank-you to many of the contributors to this forum especially but not only Jeff, Convoluted, Matt, Afshin, Akber, Bill, and many other that I forgot their names. May you have a peaceful holiday season and a prosperous new year. PS. For those who will be doing inventory - may everything be stress free and work-out for you. Danny Likewise, happy holidays to you Danny. I have probably learned more on this newsgroup (and other RMS newsgroups) than I learned taking the so-called RMS "certification". So I would also like to jump on Danny's mes...

LINQ to xml with grouping