Technical Errors

Every so often when we settle the EDC batch we get a "Technical Error"
message on all Amex Credit Cards.  Visa/MC are always fine. I need  help to
avoid this occuring problem which is becoming a nightmare for us.
0
frank9671 (3)
12/28/2005 10:23:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Frank,

Check with your credit card processor to verify that you are setup to accept
AMEX cards.  Sounds like its on their end.

--
*
"Frank" <frank@murrayscheese.com> wrote in message
Every so often when we settle the EDC batch we get a "Technical Error"
message on all Amex Credit Cards.  Visa/MC are always fine. I need  help to
avoid this occuring problem which is becoming a nightmare for us.

0
spam3944 (2163)
12/28/2005 10:50:51 PM
Did you ever find a resolution for this issue? I am having the same issue
with both Discover and Amex.

"Frank" wrote:

> Every so often when we settle the EDC batch we get a "Technical Error"
> message on all Amex Credit Cards.  Visa/MC are always fine. I need  help to
> avoid this occuring problem which is becoming a nightmare for us.
0
akpetshop (47)
3/24/2006 5:11:02 PM
Are cards any entered manually?  One mis-entered number can spell a bad
batch.

Matt

"akpetshop" <akpetshop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Did you ever find a resolution for this issue? I am having the same issue
> with both Discover and Amex.
>
> "Frank" wrote:
>
>> Every so often when we settle the EDC batch we get a "Technical Error"
>> message on all Amex Credit Cards.  Visa/MC are always fine. I need  help
>> avoid this occuring problem which is becoming a nightmare for us.

0
mrocha (144)
3/24/2006 8:22:18 PM
This is because your Merchant Service Provider has not setup your AMEX cards
correctly or you have not signed a separate agreement to process AMEX cards.

Rob

"akpetshop" <akpetshop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Did you ever find a resolution for this issue? I am having the same issue
> with both Discover and Amex.
>
> "Frank" wrote:
>
>> Every so often when we settle the EDC batch we get a "Technical Error"
>> message on all Amex Credit Cards.  Visa/MC are always fine. I need  help
>> avoid this occuring problem which is becoming a nightmare for us.

0
Rob
3/24/2006 8:30:19 PM
These transactions were all swiped. This is only on the Discover and Amex
cards only. The Visa and Mastercard work fine. The Discover and Amex work
fine on register # 1.

"Matt" wrote:

> Are cards any entered manually?  One mis-entered number can spell a bad
> batch.
>
> Matt
>
> "akpetshop" <akpetshop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Did you ever find a resolution for this issue? I am having the same issue
> > with both Discover and Amex.
> >
> > "Frank" wrote:
> >
> >> Every so often when we settle the EDC batch we get a "Technical Error"
> >> message on all Amex Credit Cards.  Visa/MC are always fine. I need  help
> >> avoid this occuring problem which is becoming a nightmare for us.

0
akpetshop (47)
3/24/2006 9:26:01 PM
AK,

See if they gave you a different terminal ID number for the bad register. SO
Admin | File | Configuration | EDC tab | Advanced Options | Terminal #.  If
so, they probably didn't set that terminal up to accept AMEX/Discover.

Again, contact your processor.  It's a problem on their end!!

While you're there, double check ALL info on those 2 pages.
--
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

"Matt" wrote:

> Are cards any entered manually?  One mis-entered number can spell a bad
> batch.
>
> Matt
>
> "akpetshop" <akpetshop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Did you ever find a resolution for this issue? I am having the same
> > issue
> > with both Discover and Amex.
> >
> > "Frank" wrote:
> >
> >> Every so often when we settle the EDC batch we get a "Technical Error"
> >> message on all Amex Credit Cards.  Visa/MC are always fine. I need
> >> help
> >> avoid this occuring problem which is becoming a nightmare for us.

0
spam3944 (2163)
3/24/2006 10:08:10 PM
My reseller was working on a problem with the debit card and changed the
terminal ID # and this created a problem with the AMEX and Discover. When I
changed the terminal number this solved the problem. Thank-you for all your
help!

"Jeff" wrote:

> AK,
>
> See if they gave you a different terminal ID number for the bad register. SO
> Admin | File | Configuration | EDC tab | Advanced Options | Terminal #.  If
> so, they probably didn't set that terminal up to accept AMEX/Discover.
>
> Again, contact your processor.  It's a problem on their end!!
>
> While you're there, double check ALL info on those 2 pages.
> --
> *
>
> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
> see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>
> **********
>
> "akpetshop" <akpetshop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> These transactions were all swiped. This is only on the Discover and Amex
> cards only. The Visa and Mastercard work fine. The Discover and Amex work
> fine on register # 1.
>
> "Matt" wrote:
>
> > Are cards any entered manually?  One mis-entered number can spell a bad
> > batch.
> >
> > Matt
> >
> > "akpetshop" <akpetshop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Did you ever find a resolution for this issue? I am having the same
> > > issue
> > > with both Discover and Amex.

0
akpetshop (47)

Outlook script error from Access
I have a problem that involves both Outlook and Access. We have an Access program that collects data, cleans it up, and then sends it out through the e-mail program. When the office was on NT 4.0 with Office 97, the program worked fine. We are now running Win 2K with Office XP and the Outlook security measures, so someone has to respond to a pop up that states another program is trying to send an e- mail. This program sends out 90 e-mails and there are 5 programs that are done in a row. The process used to be that the user would start the program and then do other work for 20 minutes ...

Word/Outlook 2003 error "Unable to obtain list of tables"
When attempting a mail merge from WORD 2003 I get the error message "Unable to obtain list of tables from the data source." The only "FIX" found on Microsoft was for Outlook 2002 and it DOES NOT work for Outlook 2003. Dell Tech support has no clue either. You sure didn't tell us much. What "fix" did you try that didn't work? How is your default Outlook profile and the Outlook Address Book configured? What are your default messaging and addressing programs? What steps are you using in the merge? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Roger S" &l...

Error when retrieving mail
I am getting an error when I try to access ONE account I have on a POP3 server (a@netrixweb.com, for example). The other accounts on the same server (b@netrixweb.com and c@netrixweb.com) I can still access just fine. The error is a timeout error with code 0x800ccc19. When I do a search for this code on microsoft.com, the only support articles it returns have to do with anti-virus software scanning emails or Outlook Express. Well, currently I have no anti-virus software on this box (besides, wouldn't that be affecting my access to the other accounts as well?) and I'm not u...

strange error
on one of the quotes we get an error saying: Unexcepted Error event log: MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040216. Error Message: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040216. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Stack Trace Info: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at ...

error with sys.dm_db_index_physical_stats
When I run this on the following database/table (or any table in the "Caser" database for that matter): select * from sys.dm_db_index_physical_stats (DB_ID(N'Caser'), OBJECT_ID(N'dbo.tblJudges'), NULL, NULL, NULL) I get the error: Incorrect syntax near '(' But if I run it on a different table in a different database (something in Adventureworks for example or one of my own other databases) it works correctly. Owner of the above table is dbo. I ran PRINT DB_ID(N'Caser') and PRINT OBJECT_ID(N'dbo.tblJudges') and they b...

Word 2007 converter error message
Hi, I have Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 3. I have Microsoft Office Professional 2007 with Service Pack 2. I get an error message for Word 2007 that says: "Word cannot start the converter mswrd632" when trying to open Microsoft Office Word 97 - 2003 document on a flash drive each time. How do I fix this error? Please reply back soon. Much help is appreciated. Thanks. Sincerely, Egan Try uninstalling the MS09-073 security update (kb973904) -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my s...

DotNet error message : on which statement ?
Hello. An ASP.NET application reports the following error : .... [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] RefFlu050.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1174 .... How can I identify which statement in my source code corresponds to RefFlu050.Page_Load +1174 ? Thanks in advance, Gilbert Hello, How long is Page_load ? Some prefer to enable PDB files to get line numbers. My personal experience is that if the app is well structured to it is actually fairly easy to find out where it fails. Here you are trying to use an o...

OWA URLSCAN causing 404 errors not allowing special chars
Anyone know how to set urlscan to allow "&" and "%" in the subject line when OWA server is configured as a front-end server? Am trying to follow KB320089 and KB309508 with no luck and have restarted both IIS Admin services and WWW services on both front end server and back end server. Also tried removing instead of commenting... Anyone else had this problem and fix for? Thanks in advance, Jim ...

HQ Error
I just upgraded from 1.3 to 2.0. I was using SO v1.3 for one store with RR Fashion Bundle Add-In. We upgraded to 2.0 while we were adding a new store and the HQ program. After upgrading RMS, the following errors occur when running a worksheet 101 in HQ (I'm almost positive that it's RR add-in that is causing issues): “Ambiguous column name ‘DepartmentID’ . UPDATE [Item Class] SET HQID=0 SELECT @@ ROWCOUNT AS RecordsAffected” “Ambiguous column name ‘DepartmentID’ . UPDATE [ItemClass] with (TABLOCKX) SET [ItemClass].HQID=#updateRs To Table.[HQID] FROM [ItemClass], #UpdateRsToTabl...

Errors with Distribution Group Wizard and link to Public Folder Ar
I'm having a problem with setting up a Distribution Group with the Public Folder. My objective is to create a number of Distribution Groups that will archive the e-mail to them to a public folder. The DG and PF are both being created, but the link between the two is not. My objective is to use the PF as the store where a team will go to view general e-mail addresses that are being sent (webmaster@mycompany.com, for example). I am using the Add Distribution Group Wizard (ADGW, Server Management\Standard Management\Distribution Groups\Add a Distribution Group) to add the DG. I am...

Creation of a List of Symbols for Technical Essays
The document that I want to prepare is technical and the following feature, if implemented would help to make it more consistent. The feature which characterise most technical essay is a list of the symbols used, mainly letters with subscripts or greek letters, which have a specific meaning and are therefore collected in a list where their meaning is explained in full. In Word this kind of list is not implemented, I was wondering if such a list can be implemented with this particular options: Once the symbol is entered, it can be selected and it enters a list, its format ...

"cannot Open Information Store" Error
I get this message on my laptop. I've neither added or deleated software. I had it once before, fixed it and forgot what I did. Any help is appreciated what kind of mail server do you connect to? if exchange, you need to change the log on security to none in the exchange account's properties. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups...

Resolving KDC error... which SPN do I remove???
Hi all. Using the LDAP tool I have found that my domain controller and my admin account have two matching Service Prinicipal Names. HOST/COMPUTER NAME Host/COMPUTER NAME.mydomain.com Everything that I have read tells me to delete the duplicate SPN. How do I know which item to remove the duplicate from? Do I remove it from the Domain Controller or the Admin account? Thanks for any help! Hank Hank, did you have any luck this, can you share how to resolve the KDC error? thanx, Joe "Hank" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1f5ca01c457c1$50fe3c...

Outlook 2000 Application Error
When I open Outlook 2000 it shows my in box but when I click to open any message, in box, deleted items, etc, it displays the following error "The instruction at "0x1000aad8" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be read. It then closes OL 2000. I can not read any of my mail at all. I can change settings as long as I do not try to open any mail. Help. ...

Expression error
I'm getting the following error: This expression is typed incorrectly, or it is too complex to be evaluated. For example, a numeric expression may contain too many complicated elements. Try simplifying the expression by assigning parts of the expression to variables. (Error 3071) I'm using the follwing expression in the query: Total Handle Time: Sum(DateDiff("s",[Sign Out Time],[Sign In Time]))\3600 & ":" & Format((Sum(DateDiff("s",[Sign Out Time],[Sign In Time])) Mod 3600)\60,"00") What am I missing? I don't see the point of ...

printer driver error
I am running Window XP Pro with Office Pro with Publisher. Although I can print to my Lexmark Z65 from Word (or anywhere else I've tried) I can't print from Publisher. It keeps telling me that I have to install a printer driver - which I did when I set up the computer. Thanks for any help. Go to the Lexmark website and download and install the latest version of the printer driver available. Make sure you have the correct model driver and to suit WinXP. -- On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 09:41:53 +1000, "���MS�Publisher���" <donotknock@nobodyhome.com> wrote: >Go to th...

Technical Errors
Every so often when we settle the EDC batch we get a "Technical Error" message on all Amex Credit Cards. Visa/MC are always fine. I need help to avoid this occuring problem which is becoming a nightmare for us. Frank, Check with your credit card processor to verify that you are setup to accept AMEX cards. Sounds like its on their end. -- * "Frank" <frank@murrayscheese.com> wrote in message news:9C2E2BA9-2347-4CA1-96B0-5069318F179D@microsoft.com... Every so often when we settle the EDC batch we get a "Technical Error" message on all Amex Credit Car...

Sp2 issues and error messages
Hi I have just upgraded my SBS2003 server to Exchange SP2 and I am now repeatidly seeing two errors in the Applications Event log: MSExchangeAL and MSExchange SA with error codes 8231 and 9153 I have followed the links and read the KB articles but they seem to refer to a mixed environment with Exchange 5.5 which we have never had. Can someone tell me what I've done wrong please thanks A Hi, What are the text messages of the events? These might help: http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=8231&eventno=2553&source=MSExchangeAL&phase=1 http://www.eventid.net/displ...

Linking error LNK2001
Hi All, I am facing a very unique problem while compling my project in "Release" build. The project is building in DEBUG mode but giving linking error on Release build. Here is the error: Creating library Release/fnimqcmd.lib and object Release/fnimqcmd.exp CoIMQCmd.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) private: void __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::_Tidy(unsigned short)" (__imp_?_Tidy@?$basic_string@DU?$char_ traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@AAEXG@Z) CoIM...

error: 2147417848
I'm doing a quantitative frequency distribution in megastat "exel" when I click ok, the following appears : Error No. -2147417848 (Method 'Offset' of object 'Range' failed) has occurred in Frequency Distributions - Quantitative....... :( can somebody help me ..... Aundrea Open the Excel sheet, Then, press "Alt+F11".Microsoft Visual Basic opens up. Click on "Insert" tab, select 'Module". then, copy & paste the codes given below in the Module(code). Dim max_reihen As Integer, lowestRow As Integer, latestCol As Integer D...

Word Errors
I have had two constant errors for quite some time now. First a little back ground. I have a xServe G4 with OSX Server 10.3.4 providing authentication and home directories for my users. A xServe RAID is what I am using for my storage on the server. All clients have v.X Office on the computers, and all computers are running OSX 10.3.4. Here is my first error: You cannot save while the file is in use by another process. Try saving the file with a new name. (AutoRecovery save of Document1) After clicking ok this other message appears: Saving AutoRecovery file is postponed for Document1...

Event 1003 Error code 1000000a blue screen/system fail errors!
Hi I keep getting errors such as this below- Event Type: Error Event Source: System Error Event Category: (102) Event ID: 1003 Date: 24/05/2010 Time: 23:46:49 User: N/A Computer: CHRISS_ROOM Description: Error code 1000000a, parameter1 00000010, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 804dab1b. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Data: 0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E 0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er 0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code 0018: 20 31 30 30 30 30 30 30 1000000 ...

Login Error
Hi, I have encounter this error everytime when I try to login to eEnterprise : " The Intellisol_Modules.vba project references some objects that cannot be found. These objects are listed in the file: C:\eEntrprs\INTELLI.txt " Does anyone knows how to solve this problem ? Thanks in advance. I do custom VBA work and so am familiar with this type of message. Someone has done some VBA programming to add some functionality to your eEnterprise application. When creating the VBA file, they were using a specific forms.dic file (your forms dictionary). If you have a different form...

Visio Technical 5.0
It's time to purchase a new computer probably with Windows XP. Is Visio Technical 5.0 compatible with this operating system or MUST Visio 2002 be purchased? ...

Error 8270 ldap error
Hello, I've a big problem with exchange 2003 and one error : 8270 "LDAP returne error [34] not avaiable ...." This error flood my event log, and i don't find how to resolve the problem. On microsoft support i found : this error is caused by dns or network problem, but after test i'm almost sure there is no problem. (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en;313167) So my network contain several child domain link by VPN to my principal network. I've exchange only in the principal domain, and in child domain i've just executed setup /domainprep. So i...