Sutiability of RM

Would microsoft retail manger be suitable for running a resaurant (one-site,
3-floors, 2 kitchens) or is it really designed for shops?
0
bwillia (1)
9/4/2004 5:11:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

No it is not suitable for Restaurants.

0
afshin (783)
9/5/2004 10:19:58 AM
Try www.dinerware.com
"bwillia" <bwillia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Would microsoft retail manger be suitable for running a resaurant
(one-site,
> 3-floors, 2 kitchens) or is it really designed for shops?

0
Rick5747 (287)
9/6/2004 3:20:33 PM
Or-www.nextpos.com

"Rick@alliedpos.com" wrote:

> Try www.dinerware.com
> "bwillia" <bwillia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Would microsoft retail manger be suitable for running a resaurant
> (one-site,
> > 3-floors, 2 kitchens) or is it really designed for shops?

0
CodyW (2)

Sutiability of RM
Would microsoft retail manger be suitable for running a resaurant (one-site, 3-floors, 2 kitchens) or is it really designed for shops? No it is not suitable for Restaurants. >-----Original Message----- >Would microsoft retail manger be suitable for running a resaurant (one-site, >3-floors, 2 kitchens) or is it really designed for shops? >. > Try www.dinerware.com "bwillia" <bwillia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4279711C-3D36-4FB9-932C-312A716FB877@microsoft.com... > Would microsoft retail manger be suitable for running a resaurant (o...

Integration Manager
Hello Hope someone can help me with this. I am trying to create an integration into RM. The source file I have contains the Goods and the Tax nominal accounts and values. These will always be credits. The system I am integrating from has no concept of Debtors Control, so effectively the source file I have only has the Credit amounts, no Debit amounts. The Debtors Control (Receivables) will always be the same account, and the value will be the full invoice value that appears in my header record. I can't see a way to use the source file I have to get the Credit amounts in, and...

RM-Statement
Is it possible to get the originating currency on a Statement? -- Toni Toni Can you give more info on which statement you want the originating currency. To the best of my knowledge any report you print in GP will be printed in functinal/originating currency only. Regards Reddu On Sep 28, 6:08=A0pm, Toni <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is it possible to get the originating currency on a Statement? > -- > Toni Print Receivables Statements. -- Toni "reddy" wrote: > Toni > > Can you give more info on which statement you want the originating...

Smart List Builder
I am building a smart list query that needs to link my customtable to the RM Open and RM History - how to you link that? Right now I just have the RM Open linked to my main table and the RM Apply Open linked to my RM Open. I need to have the RM History and RM Apply History. When i first created the smart list, i just have the RM Open and RM Apply Open. works grea. But then i added RM History linked to my table, then i get nothing, so i took RM History off, so kind of back to square one. The reason is, the transactions I am looking at are linked/related to the cash receipts entry wind...

RM Tools
I have used RM Tools, and its cousins, on systems with the Pervasive database. Is there an equivalent for use with Great Plains v 7.5 on SQL? If I can get the name, I can probably find it on Customersource. (hopefully) Thanks in advance Lyle Lyle they are called Backoffice tools or the Professional Tools Library. Unfortunately they are not available for Pervasive. HS <someone@nowhere.zz> wrote in message news:cg3fr092hp57t1918qtq9nm4nrk5rh00of@4ax.com... >I have used RM Tools, and its cousins, on systems with the Pervasive >database. > Is there an equivalent for use with...

Link RM to SOP
The payments in RM will only update RM. It will not be able to go back to the document in SOP. A quick overview of the SOP cash receipt process looks like you cannot easily apply payments to more than 1 invoice at a time. This is likely why we are using the RM module. The 2 modules should easily bring the information together seemlessly. This counters against a total ERP system... the modules should be integrated thus that each module knows what's happened in the other. -- Steve Laurenzano K-Rain Mfg ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds...

RM Unapply
Ability to Unapply from history A/R transactions that have discounts attached to them. We have been on GP for over 7 years and this has not been changed, we utilize the Professional Service Tool RM Unapply and it will not allow invoices with discounts to be unapplied. This does not make sense, to not allow just because it has a cash discount. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow t...

RM Keys
We have a customer that is trying to post an RM Batch. We removed all stuck sessions and ran a select statement on the sy00500 and found that the status was Table Updates Interrupted. The batch will not post and is returning an error message in Batch Recovery - Batch failed to complete posting. Get/Change Operation on table RM_Keys_Master could not find a record. Would Checklinks resolve this issue or will it be necessary to rebuild the RM Keys? If so, is there an automated solution for this? Can't seem to find anything in Knowledgebase. Thank you! Susan, Take a good backup...

How to Add Customer PO to RM Statement
I can't seem to figure it out. I have found tables that contain the field I need, but I can't figure out how to link that table to the available tables within the RM Statement report. Key fields seem to be missing. Thanks, Jason Article 857420 which can be found in the knowledgebase addresses this very issue. "Jason" wrote: > I can't seem to figure it out. I have found tables that contain the field I > need, but I can't figure out how to link that table to the available tables > within the RM Statement report. Key fields seem to be missing. Thanks,...

RM Statement
The document number will not print on the statement. We have tried the standard form, as well as the modified form. Any sugestions ? GP 10- SQL 2005 ...

RM Statement On Blank Paper
Hello All, I want to exclude/suppress/remove the "Deposits Received" label and its associated dollar amount from the RM Statement On Blank Paper report. I know how to insert the report in Report Writer and open it up, and after saving the modifications, I know how to go in and set the user access. I just need to know how to remove the above fields. I tried going into the layout and deleteing the fields, but that did not remove them, unless there are some steps that I missed. If a restriction needs to be created, I need to know what parameters to use to remove the fields. Th...

from PM to RM?
it is possible to generate (partial or full amount) a doc from PM to RM, leaving PM 'untouched'? eg: invoice from supplier is $120, out of which, $50 is to chargable to customer. Instead of having to manually enter another 'similar' trx in RM, is there a way this can be done 'automatically', or 'semi' automatic :) any suggestion/ideals is much appreciated. I can't think of any way to do this without a customization. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "HFLo" <HFLo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Need more fields from Wennsoft in RM module for collections
We are using Wennsoft for Job Costing and Service where detailed invoices are generated for the customer. We then are using the Collections Module in GP for followup collections, but the ability to generate an informative and useful invoice from the collections module is impossible. There is nothing on the RMBlackDocument Invoice form that is useful for us or the customer; such as job costing detail....equip, materail, labor, subcontract, etc., it currently only shows total costs....Also, the so called description on the invoice pulls the job number from job costing not the job descri...

RM Fin Chrg details
I need to print - either on a report or on the Finance Charge invoice itself - the details/calculations compiled when customer finance charges are assessed each month on a per invoice basis. I don't believe there is a table anywhere within GP where these calculations are stored but rather only the charges themselves. Has anyone ever had a request similar to this and if so, how was it handled? Bob, There is certainly not a table where this is stored, but you could use old fashioned Report Writer to display the calculation leading to the finance charge. Best regards, -- MG.- Mari...

playing rm file
hello i want to play an rm file using VC++. i got an activeX control by which i am able to play ra(audio) files how will i get the active x control for playing rm(video) files priya ...

Voids in SOP and RM
When an voice is posted in SOP it creates an invoice RM. Once this document is posted there is no way to void the orginal document. The RM invoice can be voided but there is no backward connection to the orignal SOP document. This causes problems whe reporting against the SOP tables and RM summary tables. When an RM invoice that orginated in SOP is voided the SOP document should also have its void status changed to voided. This will allow reports based on item sales and customer sales to tie out if documents in RM are voided even if they originate in SOP. ---------------- This pos...

Mass Apply RM Payments
Has anyone seen a utility/tool that can find RM payments and credit memos and auto-apply them to open invoices? The tool we need to run for all customers. Thanks I think MBS has a tool that does just that. send an email to mbstools@microsoft..com If not, I wrote a custom stored proc for a client that did something very close (it included the clinet's own rules of how the payments and credits were to be applied). I'll dust that one off and update it if needed. HS "callabob" <callabob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9AB5A6A8-1151-4309-9AA2-2...

RM Unapply Tool
Currently we utilize the Professional Service Tool to unapply RM transactions that have been moved to history. However the shortfall we are finding in this tool is that it pulls all invoices involved with one payment out of history. For example we have one payment that can be applied to up to 50 invoices. However we have the need to unapply just the part of the payment this is in regard to one invoice and then reapply that payment to that one invoice, without unapplying all 50 invoices. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the ...

RM Transaction Unapply
I'm considering purchasing the Receivables Management Transaction Unapply professional services tool for Dynamics GP 9, and I have a question about how it functions. Does everyone need to be out of Dynamics in order to use it? The reason I ask is that many of the change/merge tools in that series require that only SA be logged in. While understandable, this limits the usefulness of the tool. Thanks! Jason Jason, Good question! It doesn't state anything about it in the manual, so I just tested it and it seems to work with no problem with other people logged in to the sam...

Creating Customer Statements in RM
In selecting a range of customer ID's for creating PDF files, is there a way to create one PDF file per invoice rather than having all PDF's print to one file? We are running GP 8.0. -- Bob Hi Bob, Rockton's Dynamic Report Manager does allow you to create a .pdf per invoice. It does it allow you to calculate a different File Name for each PDF whether you are using Crystal Reports or GP Report Writer Reports. I believe it would work for statements as well. Feel free to contact us if this is what you are looking for. -- Therese Rudzis Rockton Software "Bob B" w...

RM Temp Tables
2007 Aug 2 Do you know which files are used to create the following temporary tables: RM HATB Customer Temp RM HATB Document Temp Thanks, Jacqueline Chay the Receivables Historical Aged Trial Balance report "Jackie Chay" <jchay@valencia.bc.ca> wrote in message news:uGVCKkY1HHA.2752@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > 2007 Aug 2 > > Do you know which files are used to create the following temporary tables: > > RM HATB Customer Temp > > RM HATB Document Temp > > Thanks, > > Jacqueline Chay > > > Are you trying to recreate the HATB in...

RM Tax Report
I am needing to write a SRS report for Sales Tax. Here is our situation: We do not want to pay the state any sales tax until we collect it from our customers. Customers who buy on account are typically Net 30 (and therefore usually 45 days before paying an invoice) :). I need to write a report to see what invoices have been paid daily and then how much tax was recorded on the invoice. What is the best way to go about finding how much sales tax needs to be paid? Example: I have invoice I001234 for $1070.00 that was issued today (with a tax rate of 7%...5% state and 2% local). I d...

RM Tables/Fields
I'm hoping someone can help. I am trying to write a querie that will give me a listing of RM payments from customers for the current year and include the customer class. Here are the other fields I need: Doc Type (Payment) Doc Date GL Posting Date Orig Trans. Amount. Can someone tell me what tables to use? I can't locate the Doc Type field in RM30101. Thanks. Jeffrey, This might help for a listing of tables and the common field values: http://victoriayudin.com/gp-reports/rm-tables/ Doc Types are not stored anywhere in a table, they are hard...

RM Statement
Posted this 2 wks ago and no response so..... Situation - we send invoices as USD to asian countries - when send statement is defaults to AUD (default currency for system) - is it possible to get statement to default to customers currency rather than system currency?? Customers disputing statements as dont match invoices - they need to be invoiced in USD. If not - this would be a great enhancement for future. Thanks Theo :) Hi Theo, For those customers in Asia, you need to change your "Form" on the Statement window to be one of the Multicurrency forms (2 are available, Multic...

RM Statement #2
with the following trx: INV1, $100, 05/Jan/07 INV2, $200, 07/Jan/07 INV3, $300, 01/Feb/07 INV4, $400, 10/Feb/07 PMT1, $120, 15/Feb/07, applied to INV1 ($100) and INV2 ($20) (1) assuming all trx are OPEN, how to print a statement, suumarized to 31/Jan that will print like: 31/Jan, B/F $300 01/Feb, INV3, $300 10/Feb, INV4, $400 15/Feb, PMT1, ($120) thks Are you running Open Item or Balance Forward? You want a Balance Forward statement but you applied the payments to specific invoices. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning an...