Supplier not getting set in Item properties

I am entering an item with the new item wizard and selecting a supplier but
after posting the item and clicking on its properties, there is no supplier
selected. Does anyone know why that could happen? Thank you.
0
Rami (25)
10/10/2005 5:13:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What version of RMS are you using. I am using version 1.2.0151 and the
supplier is populating as required.

I would be interested to know if this is a fault created by a service pack.

"Rami" wrote:

> I am entering an item with the new item wizard and selecting a supplier but
> after posting the item and clicking on its properties, there is no supplier
> selected. Does anyone know why that could happen? Thank you.
0
AB (54)
10/11/2005 12:57:01 AM
Thank you for your reply. I am using version 1.2.0151 as well. It was getting
populated correctly until a few days ago... Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

"AB" wrote:

> What version of RMS are you using. I am using version 1.2.0151 and the
> supplier is populating as required.
>
> I would be interested to know if this is a fault created by a service pack.
>
> "Rami" wrote:
>
> > I am entering an item with the new item wizard and selecting a supplier but
> > after posting the item and clicking on its properties, there is no supplier
> > selected. Does anyone know why that could happen? Thank you.
0
Rami (25)
10/13/2005 2:16:02 AM
Rami,

Try re-indexing.  SO Administrator | File Connect | Database | Re-index

You might also think about updating your software.  Current version is
1.2.0189.

--
=

"Rami" <Rami@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thank you for your reply. I am using version 1.2.0151 as well. It was
> getting
> populated correctly until a few days ago... Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks
>

> "AB" wrote:
>
>> What version of RMS are you using. I am using version 1.2.0151 and the
>> supplier is populating as required.
>>
>> I would be interested to know if this is a fault created by a service
>> pack.
>>
>> "Rami" wrote:
>>
>> > I am entering an item with the new item wizard and selecting a supplier
>> > but
>> > after posting the item and clicking on its properties, there is no
>> > supplier
>> > selected. Does anyone know why that could happen? Thank you.

0
spam3944 (2163)
10/13/2005 5:03:42 AM
Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the tip. Unfortunately, it did not work, it is still not
populating the supplier tab. I just requested the hotfix files from
Microsoft, I will try again after the update and will let you know.

Rami

"Jeff" wrote:

> Rami,
>
> Try re-indexing.  SO Administrator | File Connect | Database | Re-index
>
> You might also think about updating your software.  Current version is
> 1.2.0189.
>
> --
> =
>
> "Rami" <Rami@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you for your reply. I am using version 1.2.0151 as well. It was
> > getting
> > populated correctly until a few days ago... Any help would be appreciated.
> > Thanks
> >

> > "AB" wrote:
> >
> >> What version of RMS are you using. I am using version 1.2.0151 and the
> >> supplier is populating as required.
> >>
> >> I would be interested to know if this is a fault created by a service
> >> pack.

0
Rami (25)
10/14/2005 11:49:02 PM
I just installed the latest hotfixes along with SP3 and tried again but I
still have the same problem. Do you think it has anything to do with a
trigger? Is there any trigger that sets the values in the Supplierlist table
whenever a product is created?

"Jeff" wrote:

> Rami,
>
> Try re-indexing.  SO Administrator | File Connect | Database | Re-index
>
> You might also think about updating your software.  Current version is
> 1.2.0189.
>
> --
> =
>
> "Rami" <Rami@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you for your reply. I am using version 1.2.0151 as well. It was
> > getting
> > populated correctly until a few days ago... Any help would be appreciated.
> > Thanks
> >

> > "AB" wrote:
> >
> >> What version of RMS are you using. I am using version 1.2.0151 and the
> >> supplier is populating as required.
> >>
> >> I would be interested to know if this is a fault created by a service
> >> pack.

0
Rami (25)

How do I set up outlook? Everytime I attempt I get error message
-- Samuel H. Majors "Sam Majors" <SamMajors@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58CD63BA-F5AA-458C-9D3E-BFD7412937FC@microsoft.com... > nothing PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject Have a look here: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm If you read that link, you will see that you need to provide at least SOME information - the phrase "everytime I attempt I get an error message" is NOT providing any information. more detail on this would help -- Laura Rooke MVP - Mobile Devices -- Samuel H. Majors &q...

Workflow for Supplier Costing inluding HQ
Hi, Ok lets say yo have the option chosen at your store to update the Supplier rder information from the last Purchase Order. That would mean that the Tax and Cost of the items from the last PO would update the supplier list table. You have average cost ticked so that you have as usual an average cost getting calculated and saved against the item and as you sell it. all things good. Then you do a worksheet 250 from HQ to update the discount options for an item and the next thing you know your supplier cost order details and costs have disapeared or rather have been over written from...

is it possible to recover copy and paste items from a day ago?
I copied and pasted an item from facebook to word then printed it and closed word without saving (I know it was stupid but i was in a rush). then the next day i lost the print out so wanted to get it again. i can't open the temp files, they say something about encoding, when i open it shows just coding. so wondered if it was possible to get it off the clipboard Assuming that you have shut down the computer in the intervening period, it will no longer be on the clipboard and if you did not save the document, there is nothing to recover. -- Hope this helps. Please reply...

Supplier Cost ?
Is there a way in POS 2009 to set the supplier rate and then going forward, enter the retail price for an item & let POS do the math for the cost? For ex.: I get 42% off retail price on books, some of my suppliers only send me the retail $ on the invoice. Can I set POS to automatically apply that 42% to all the books I enter into Inv., by entering the Price? The reason this is important with books is that the Retail price is printed on every book. There is no room for flux. Up or down. Not the case with all my other items, only books -- Thanks! David D. L.S.B. hi David, yes possib...

Outlook 2003 "can't copy item...."
trying to copy vards from Outlook 2002 to new laptop w/ Outlook 2003 and get error message "can't copy item.internal MAPI error." does not happen with all contacts but when trying to copy all contacts at once i get error. is there an easier way to transfer all my contacts Export your contact folder to a .pst file and then open the file on the new computer, use drag and drop to add the contacts to your default contact folder. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual a...

Getting 'An error has occurred' when I Publish my Workflow
The workflow Saves fine, but when I publish I'm getting stopped with a generic dialog box. Any clues? -- Marty I am receiving the same frustrating error message. Have you figured out how to fix this? Thnx in advance. Brian www.jaydien.com support@jaydien.com "Marty" wrote: > The workflow Saves fine, but when I publish I'm getting stopped with a > generic dialog box. Any clues? > -- > Marty I think what did it was I opened and saved the Tasks or Emails I was working on in the workflow and it eventually saved. Also we had a problem where our drive wa...

where to get "save as" button from excel 2007
as mentioned subject Click the Office icon (round thing in top left corner) Click Excel Options (bottom of dialog) Click Customize on left side of dialog Set "Choose commands from" to "all commands" at top of dialog Select the Save As icon and press the Add button in centre of screen OK out of the dialog Now QAT will have the Save As icon best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "crapit" <biggercrap@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23diLXs0rHHA.1296@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > as mentioned subject > ...

Get #### when typing
When typing a lengthy statement in a cell I get ######. Is there a character limitation in Excel 2007 and is there a work around to this? Thank you Bill Try formatting the cell as General. Excel has a display problem with strings between 255 and 1024 characters in cells formatted as text. Bill wrote: > > When typing a lengthy statement in a cell I get ######. Is there a character > limitation in Excel 2007 and is there a work around to this? > > Thank you > > Bill -- Dave Peterson Try to make the cell/column wider and/or try to format...

Setting Exchange 2007 GAL permission
Hey! Been looking for a solution to this everywhere! but to no avail. On my Exchange 2007 box I have different groups of mailusers. What I would like to do, is create a different GAL for each of these groups (the groups would be like: Familly, Friends, Work. Now, I found out how to create a new GAL (via cmdlets - WHY on earth can't you do this in in the management console Microsoft????) But I can't do ANYTHING with this new GAL - including setting permissions on the different GAL's so that users only can se the other users in their groups. So, the question being, how do I set ...

a way to get all the threads
Hi, Is there a way to get all the old threads in a single downloadable file so that I can leisurely go in to each of it at a convenient time. Pl some one may enlighten me about this. If you used Outlook Express, you would be able to see about 12 weeks once they all downloaded. Entries will disappear when you synchronize with the Microsoft newsserves and later entries will be added. You would not be able to read all the messages and keep up to date. Some of the groups generate about 1000 messages per day. If you are not behind a corporate firewall would suggest using Outlook Express...

Open old money file, get communication error message
I had Money 2002 on my old computer. On my new computer with Vista, I downloaded the Trial of Money Plus Deluxe. It works fine, downloads from my bank. I transfered my back up file from Money 2002 and tried to open it and I get an error message; "a communication error occured. Please try your call again. If you continue to have problems call your financial institution's Onine Services Customer Support." Then when you click OK, Windows says, "Microsoft Money has stopped working" Then the program closes. In microsoft.public.money, TeamEldridge wrote: >I had Mon...

Supplier on Printed PO Receipt
Can someone tell me how to make the supplier name or Supplier code print on the Purchase Order Receipt. Ask your RMS partner to show you the available templates in Partner Source. There's a PO tempplate there that includes your account number in the address field. -- Repetition is the key to success. Practice, practice, practice! and Equip Yourself at http://www.aluminumbats.com "Mark" wrote: > Can someone tell me how to make the supplier name or Supplier code print on > the Purchase Order Receipt. ...

Getting error with Sample Quote Report in SQL 2000
I have downloaded the "quote, order, Invoice sample report" from www.gotdotnet.com/codegallery. The reports work fine on my VM (latest version) with SQL 2005 but it gives a SQL error on another VM with SQL 2000 SP 4. Normal built in reports work fine in this VM. Has anyone tried these sample reports on SQL 2000. I am desparately trying to resolve this issue. Our client wants a custom quote in their application and they are using SBE with SQL 2000. Please help! We have resolved this issue. We had this problem since we tried to modify the quote report on our local machine using the ...

Not Getting Incoming EMails On A Constitant Basis
I get emails on a sporadic basis- running Vista Home Premium. When I click on "receive incoming email" option, it shows "receiving emails and then "disconnecting" very rapidly. What causes this and how can it be fixed? when I send myself a test email, sometimes I get it right away and sometimes not. Has anyone encountered this problem? It sounds like an issue with your email provider. I would check with = them and also log on to webmail if they provide that and see if it has = the same behavior. =20 steve "mesageorge" <mesageorge@di...

Can I have two sets of scales on one axis?
Hi, I'm trying to have three sets of scales on one graph, 1 on the left axis and 2 on the right. Is this doable? Thanks, Steven This isn't native to Excel, but you can fake it. The fake is a modification of the Tertiary Axis example on my web site, but you put the fake axis on the right, and adjust where the axis decorations appear. It might be easier to put two fake axes on the right than try to make a fake one and real one coexist. This allows you to plot all data on the primary axis, but you'll need to transform your secondary and tertiary data so it matches the scales...

Menu Item Options -> Formulas Disabled for Pivot tables.
I am using Excel 2007 with SQL Server Analysis Services 2008. I want to create calculated measure based on other measures, but I cannot do this for Pivot table. If I go to menu "Options"->"Formulas" I can see that it is disabled. Can anyone let me know how to enable the "Formulas" in Options for Pivot table. Thanks Hi As far as I am aware, there is no method of using Formulas in a PT, when the source is based upon an OLAP cube. -- Regards Roger Govier "Ruchit Shah" <ruchit_shah@persistent.co.in> wrote in message news:uIHflZJ1JHA.143...

Mails missing in Sent Items
Hi all. I have 2 pc with Outlook 2003 and 'Cached Exchange mode' enabled on both pc. Mail sent from on pc doesn't always appear on the other pc in the folder 'sent items'? Can any please explain why? We are using Exchange 5.5 server Regards, Morten the sending computer has to update the server - then the server has to update the other cache. Normally this works well ,but occasionally the cache gets corrupted and the only way to get everything in both is to delete the ost and let it repopulate. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlo...

attachment gets garbled
When sending an attatchment with outlook e-mail, usually .pdf or .jpeg, it becomes garbled and ends up at the other end as a .dat file. any help would be greatly appreciated. "Greg" <gdmartin@mchsi.com> wrote in message news:04dc01c35097$9fa17bf0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When sending an attatchment with outlook e-mail, > usually .pdf or .jpeg, it becomes garbled and ends up at > the other end as a .dat file. any help would be greatly > appreciated. Change your email format from "Rich Text" to either "HTML" or "Plain Text". -- Andrew ...

No Suppliers
Im having an issue with one of my clients databases. Their report shows the supplier in the Reports -> Items -> Price list, and when I go to Management Studio, the supplier id is linked in the items table, but when they go to Manager, and view the Suppliers tab, there is nothing there. Any ideas? Thanks Phil Hi Phil Check the supplier ID against the supplierlist table, as this is where items are linked to suppliers. It might be that they had originally assigned the supplier in the supplier tab, but then deleted that reference. If its not too many instances, have your client...

How to get SUMPRODUCT on filtered cells
I'm currently using the formula =SUMPRODUCT((F2:I1475>=1)*(F2:I1475<=9999)) This gives me the number of the full range of cells but I need this to update whenever I use a variety of filters. Any help is greatly appreciated Sam.D Say we have data in A1 thru B29 like: flia value 0 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 0 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 1 pass 0 pass 2 pass 0 pass 1 pass 1 fail 1 fail 0 fail 2 fail 1 fail 0 fail 1 fail 2 fail 1 fail 1 fail 1 fail 1 fail 2 fail and are appling autofilter to column a. We want to use sumpr...

Need to get slope of peaks on excel graph
I have a graph with many peaks which are decreasing logarithmically and i need to get the slope of these peaks ignoring the "Noise" which is below these peaks. Any suggestions ??? Sorry I probaly didnt word the question well. My graph has many peaks e.g. 20 peaks, each one smaller than the previous one. What i am trying to do is draw a lins through the top of these peaks and then get the slope of this line. I have tried using the trendling but with no success. It does give me ths slope of the whole graph which is useful but not what i am looking for. Regards Capillod &quo...

Publishing to Web
I published my website to web then uploaded the index.htm file and created directory for the index_files then uploaded all of the files created by Publisher 2003 to it. However, none of my graphics will display on the website. All that is displayed are the alternate text. The url for this is wsitinc.com Can some one help explain what I did wrong and where to put the graphics to get them to display? thanks! > I published my website to web then uploaded the index.htm > file and created directory for the index_files then > uploaded all of the files created by Publisher 2003...

Change supplier name
Hi can anyone tell me how to change the supplier name for a list of existing items to another existing supplier name, without having to do it one by one. -- Gord We have this as part of our Store and HQ Utility add-on - one of 37 wizards that are not in RMS :) Contat me for more info Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk Retail Realm = = = = = = = = "Gord" <Gord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA72EFB9-D760-484C-B315-7C3B6E236CA1@microsoft.com... > Hi can anyone tell me how to change the supplier name for a list of > existing > items to a...

From field getting lost
hi, The From field in the Outlook 2K screen has disappeared. If I go to View menu and custom view and add the From field, i have it back. But I have some 20 folders where this has happened. Is there an easier way to do this? I d also like to understand why and how this happened too. Cos once I am not sure if I did anything, but the field came back and after a while it was gone again. Any help please? Thanks Ramesh if you use the same view on all folders, reset the view. if you don't have custom views, you can close outlook and restart it using the /cleanviews switch. http...

How do I get to the New Publication task frame?
After opening Publisher, my instructions say to choose Gift Certificates from the New Publication task frame. I can't for the life of me, find a "New Publication task frame" so I can't get past the second step! Can anyone help? Please write me at srsales@hiausmid.com if you can. Tools, Options, check *Show Publication types when starting Publisher* Then File, New. Or click Change Template on the Publication page. This is for 2007. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Beachlvr" <Beachlvr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...