Supplier List and Sales Report

I am trying to build a report that lists all items for a given supplier, and
then lists sales quantities (including zeros for items not sold) within a
given timeframe.  My attempts so far have allowed be to list all items for a
supplier with sales for all time, but the minute I put a timeframe for the
sales in place I lose items that have not been sold from the list.

Does anyone know where I can find such a report or have any suggestions that
would allow me to complete it?

Thanks,
Holly

0
holly1 (18)
6/24/2005 6:26:24 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What report did you base it off of?  Detailed Sales with a filter on the
Supplier field will give you the sales for items from that supplier.

How are you trying to filter the dates?  The DateSold field should do the
trick.

0
jhunt (286)
6/24/2005 7:06:18 PM
I actually created a report from scratch that combines the Item Price List
(to get the complete list of items by a supplier) and the Summary Sales
Report (downloaded from the reports library) to give the total sales by item
without the duplication of specific transactions.

The problem with the detailed sales report is that it only displays items
that have been sold, not ones that haven't been.

"Jason Hunt" <jhunt@advcs.ca> wrote in message
> What report did you base it off of?  Detailed Sales with a filter on the
> Supplier field will give you the sales for items from that supplier.
>
> How are you trying to filter the dates?  The DateSold field should do the
> trick.

0
holly1 (18)
6/24/2005 9:24:13 PM
All those items that have never sold have NULLs for the sold dates.   Once
you try to filter by date, they are all going to come up false.  You might
try grouping by date rather than filtering by date - but this is going to be
hard to get out of active reports.
--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"Holly C" <holly@christmasspiritshop.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to build a report that lists all items for a given supplier,
>and then lists sales quantities (including zeros for items not sold) within
>a given timeframe.  My attempts so far have allowed be to list all items
>for a supplier with sales for all time, but the minute I put a timeframe
>for the sales in place I lose items that have not been sold from the list.
>
> Does anyone know where I can find such a report or have any suggestions
> that would allow me to complete it?
>
> Thanks,
> Holly

0
glenn1806 (721)

DropDown list #3
Hi, In Excel VBA coding, I would like to have a box pop up when a macro button is clicked, similar to InpurBox, but it should be a drop-down list, instead of edit box. I believe there is no such function called Listbox, but there is function called InputBox. I need to use UserForm or Control. Can you give me some examples? etc sample code ? A simple one will do. Thanks. Regards, Magix How about Data Validation? See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html for a starter. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "magix" <magix@asia.c...

CRM 1.0 Sales for Outlook installation problem
Greetings - I'm attempting to install v1.0 of Sales for Outlook, however I'm not having much luck. The client PC is Win2K pro SP4, running Office XP Sp2. I've checked this newsgroup thoroughly in hopes of finding a solution, however I've only found suggestions that have so far not helped. So far I've seen people suggest checking that the client resides in the same AD domain as the server, ensuring that the user doing the install has appropriate install rights and is a licensed CRM user assigned to at least one role, doing regsrv32 on CrmIsapi.dll and probably a...

Help! Distribution lists
Hello, One of the users at my work has a strange problem with one of their distribution lists. When he sends a mail to that list, he gets a reply saying that it's undeliverable and the reason was that there was "no transport provider available". He gets this reply for all 15 people on his distribution list. When he sends to them individually however, it all works fine. I've checked the emails they are all just standard addresses, our email server is working fine, because he can send other mail. He even has 4 other distribution lists similiar to this problematic on...

Drop down list question
I have a template with several drop down lists for the user to selec from. I would like it to function in a way that the user only needs t enter the first couple of numbers and the list will scroll to that par of the list. Is this possible ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Move your source cells for the list to directly above the validation cell, and then hide those cells. For example, if your source range is J1:J5, and the validation is in A10, move the...

How to create item price list based on account number
Dear Wise People, Please forgive me but even though I have been working with Great Plains for a couple of years now, I am only now introducting myself to Report writing. I am trying to create a report that will produce Item Price List information based on Account number. In other words, instead of restricting by price level, I want to restrict by Account number (customer number) and then join from the price level on the Account Master to the item price list information and from that produce the Item Price List report. Is there a table already existing in GP which shows the price level...

Using drop-down lists with keyboard
I am having trouble implementing drop-down lists in a way that is easy for a user who is using a keyboard rather than a mouse. Standard combo-box controls are great - a user can tab into the field, type the first few letters of the value they want, then tab on out to the next field in the form. Maybe 5% of the time an experienced user might need to actually drop-down the list to find the value they want. I want this same ability in a worksheet cell. The combobox form control supports this (with MatchEntry = fmMatchEntryComplete), but if I place a combobox on a cell, the user has to click o...

sidebar-board of advisors list
I'm trying to figure out how to modify my usual letterhead to have a column down the left which has my list of board of advisors. Of course I'd want this on the first page only of a letter. Its not clear to me if I want to make a column, table or text box to include these names and titles. Anyone have any experience creating the common non-profit letterhead with the board listed on the left? dave Hi Dave, Try this webpage: http://home.zebra.net/~sbarnhill/Letterhead.htm Written for PCs but should translate easily enough assuming you are vaguely familiar with both platforms. Wo...

Appearance of responses in a list box
Hi there In a multi-select list box, is it possible to change the layout of responses? Currently, the values are separated by a comma (,). Is it possible to change it so that each value selected is on a separate line? Thank you in advance for your help. Hi I found the answer by changing the Separator Character to a New Line. Thanks "forest8" wrote: > Hi there > > In a multi-select list box, is it possible to change the layout of responses? > > Currently, the values are separated by a comma (,). > > Is it possible to change it ...

Searching Lists
I have a list of names in Column A e.g. A B NAFTA OPEC CCNA WIF and want to query that list and have the result display in cell B6 e.g. NAFTA. I don't know which cell the information is in but wish to search A1:A4. which one of the functions should I be using. I know I can do =A1 from cell B6 but I want to search the range automatically. Thanks in advance for your help. Sounds like you mean vlookup but you need to give more info as to what you are doing. "smck" wrote: > I have a list of names in Column A e.g. > A ...

All Address Lists is missing
The All Address Lists container appears to be missing in an Exchange 2003 implementation we have. It may have been deleted somehow, or maybe an access issue? At any rate, can anyone help me re-create it through ADSI edit or similar method? Thanks, Dale I think that this would be PSS call. If you have AD backed up anywhere you might be able to an authorative restore on the All Address List container. But I still think PSS is your best bet. Glen "Dale Maxfield" <dmaxfield@technicalvelocity.com> wrote in message news:068601c49482$544b8030$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > The ...

Distribution List
Hi Our GAL has a number of Distribution Lists. Right now, all the DLs are visible and accessible by everyone in Exchange. Is it possible to set up so that a particular DL can only be visible to a specific user (or group of users) ? Thanks Steve ...

Workflow for Supplier Costing inluding HQ
Hi, Ok lets say yo have the option chosen at your store to update the Supplier rder information from the last Purchase Order. That would mean that the Tax and Cost of the items from the last PO would update the supplier list table. You have average cost ticked so that you have as usual an average cost getting calculated and saved against the item and as you sell it. all things good. Then you do a worksheet 250 from HQ to update the discount options for an item and the next thing you know your supplier cost order details and costs have disapeared or rather have been over written from...

Supplier Cost ?
Is there a way in POS 2009 to set the supplier rate and then going forward, enter the retail price for an item & let POS do the math for the cost? For ex.: I get 42% off retail price on books, some of my suppliers only send me the retail $ on the invoice. Can I set POS to automatically apply that 42% to all the books I enter into Inv., by entering the Price? The reason this is important with books is that the Retail price is printed on every book. There is no room for flux. Up or down. Not the case with all my other items, only books -- Thanks! David D. L.S.B. hi David, yes possib...

In MS Publisher 2003, how to sort a list in a textbox?
I'm creating a small cookbook, and am adding an index to the recipes. I'd like just to list them as I come to them, and then sort them alphabetically. I can't find Sort in Publisher. Any ideas? Copy the list, paste into a Word table, sort, copy back to Publisher. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "marniot" <marniot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D595BD42-AFE4-4B73-B7E3-AE0E0A4249A3@microsoft.com... > I'm creating a small cookbook, and am adding an index to the recipes. I'd > like just to list them as I come to them, and...

drop-down lists #2
I am trying to search through a list that is 12 columns wide by 891 rows. Each row must stay together. The spreadsheet I have now has drop-downs on the top of the page, bu the drop-down lists do not include all the possible entries in eac column. It only contains approximately 1000 of the first alph-numeri entries. Is there a 1000 entry limit on drop-down lists? :confused: How can I get the drop-downs to include all data in the column? Thanks for any and all help on this.: -- prodrafte ----------------------------------------------------------------------- prodrafter's Profile:...

customer sales history
Hello, when we do a top customer list, say 500 of the top customers sales, I filter for Total Sales "equal to or greater than" $500.00 and a date range of a year. Certain customers who are well above the 500.00 limit and have purchased within the date range, do not show up in the report. Yet when I remove the Total Sales above 500.00 filter - their names appear - but so do thousands of others below the 500.00 range making the report unusable. Is there a filter or better report to use? I am using the "Detailed Sales Report with Customer Address" Many Thanks -- ...

Textbox code for list of post
Hello I have Form name "Jamforelse" and inside this form contain post list. And one of the post is Bounden box and on this box code as the folowing: =getnum(Forms("Jamforelse"),"e",[e]) This code work correct when I open Form name "Jamforelse", but when I add this form "Jamforelse" inside another form that have name "form2" then this code =getnum(Forms("Jamforelse"),"e",[e]) not work. I try to change on it as the folowing, but didn't work =getnum(Forms("form2"!"Jamforels...

Lookup from a list
I'm trying to find a function that will lookup a value from a list and retrieve a value in the second column. For example, List 1 has item codes 123456 233556 etc I want to see if those items are in a sales report that have item codes and sales numbers. If the item codes match, then I want the formula to return the sales value for the item. For example, List 2 is Item Sales$ 123456 $500 123467 $700 345678 $800 233556 $1000 In the case of List 1, I want a function that will look at List 2 and return the values of $500 and $1000 for each of the two items. ...

Distribution Lists #7
Can Distribution Lists have users in the To:, CC: and BCC: fields? You can place the DL in CC or BCC. That is about it. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Exchange Server http://exchange.mvps.org "Bearnofsky" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01f001c49a91$e4a01b90$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Can Distribution Lists have users in the To:, CC: and > BCC: fields? ...

No Suppliers
Im having an issue with one of my clients databases. Their report shows the supplier in the Reports -> Items -> Price list, and when I go to Management Studio, the supplier id is linked in the items table, but when they go to Manager, and view the Suppliers tab, there is nothing there. Any ideas? Thanks Phil Hi Phil Check the supplier ID against the supplierlist table, as this is where items are linked to suppliers. It might be that they had originally assigned the supplier in the supplier tab, but then deleted that reference. If its not too many instances, have your client...

Error in account list balance
My checking account and credit card balance listed on the account list page is different than the ending balnce listed in the account ledger(i.e. from account list page click on the account). The account ledger is correct. There seems to be a specific transaction that was posted in the account ledger and reflected in the ending balnce but does not change the balance on the account list page. I have deleteed and reentered the transaction. I have balanced the accounts. Nothing seems to correct this error. Hi I have the same error on one of my accounts Cyrus >-----Origin...

GAL not updated but the addres in the all users list?
after creating a new user in AD and make the usual steps the mail address for the new user dosent apeare in the GAL but the addres in the aprear all users list in the outlook? Are you using Outlook 2003 in cached mode? Have the Offline Address Book been regenerated and have you downloaded the latest copy? Nue "Katkoot" <Katkoot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:476BE142-B109-4DFF-AF15-FF092834C434@microsoft.com... > after creating a new user in AD and make the usual steps > the mail address for the new user dosent apeare in the GAL but the addres >...

Common Controls and Image Lists
Hello, Let's assume we have the following code: CImageList il; /* code to create the image list and add icons ommited */ m_treectrl.SetImageList(&il, TVSIL_NORMAL); il.Detach(); At this point, you've attached the underlying IMAGELIST object to the tree control. When the control is destroyed, does it automatically deallocate the *underlying* IMAGELIST object, or do I need to do something like this: CImageList *pIl = m_treectrl.GetImageList(TVSIL_NORMAL); if(pIl) pIl->DeleteImageList(); Thanks, -n "Nikolaos D. Bougalis" <nikb@webmaster.com> wrot...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0: Reports are very slow
The more I work with CRM, the more the reports become slower when I try to run them I looked at the event log and saw nothing Is there any help on how I could research this problem? Thank you Stella If the problems are getting worse the more records are being added it is a save bet to asume the reports are filtering/joining columns without indexes. To speed this up you will need to tune the query and/or database. Tuning the database means creating additional indexes (for example with the SQL index tuning wizard). This is not supported according to the CRM 4 documentation but if done pr...

expression builder / dynamic report
Two questions: 1. Does anyone ahev any good websites to help me with the expression builder. I have written a VBA procedure, understand programming but have not found anythng to help me understand how (correctly) to use this tool to help me on my reports. (I think it can be very useful if I could just figure it out. 2. Is there a way to dynamically create a report based on a parameter or query? Hi AJ, I'll take a stab at your second question. You can dynamically create the WHERE clause of a SQL statement (or even the entire SQL statement) that serves as the recordsource for a repo...