Streamlined Sales Tax

Anyone been thinking how we will deal with this when implemented?

I can't imagine collected 50 different sales tax rates....much less the tax
return at the end of the year. <sigh>

http://www.streamlinedsalestax.org/
0
mickie (104)
7/29/2006 4:07:01 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_033B_01C6B6FE.F924E150

Mickie,

The ultimate plan is to send/create a report for each state and divvy it =
up.

--=20
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader =
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, =
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

  "Mickie" <Mickie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  Anyone been thinking how we will deal with this when implemented?

  I can't imagine collected 50 different sales tax rates....much less =
the tax=20
  return at the end of the year. <sigh>

  http://www.streamlinedsalestax.org/
------=_NextPart_000_033B_01C6B6FE.F924E150

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Mickie,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>The ultimate plan is to send/create a report =
for each=20
state and divvy it up.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>*<BR>Get Secure! - <A=20
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/security">www.microsoft.com/security</A>=
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup =
reader=20
to<BR>see and download the file attachment.&nbsp; If you are not using a =
reader,=20
follow<BR>the link below to setup Outlook Express.&nbsp; Click on "Open =
with=20
newsreader"<BR>under the MS Retail Management System on the right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A =
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/75bgz">http://tinyurl.com/75bgz</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>**********<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Mickie" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Mickie@discussions.microsoft.com">Mickie@discussions.micro=
soft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:F3676A00-D929-4033-B52B-F77972625E66@microsoft.com">news:F36=
76A00-D929-4033-B52B-F77972625E66@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Anyone=20
  been thinking how we will deal with this when implemented?<BR><BR>I =
can't=20
  imagine collected 50 different sales tax rates....much less the tax =
<BR>return=20
  at the end of the year. &lt;sigh&gt;<BR><BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.streamlinedsalestax.org/">http://www.streamlinedsalest=
ax.org/</A></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_033B_01C6B6FE.F924E150--

0
spam3944 (2163)

sales report with tender type
Is there a way we can run a report showing the tender type used from the daily batches so we can balance the day?? JT, Doesn't an X or Z report work for you? What am I missing? -- * "JT" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ede01c54152$25be7650$a401280a@phx.gbl... Is there a way we can run a report showing the tender type used from the daily batches so we can balance the day?? Use the X report because it shows exactly what ran through the register. It also allows you to go back and re-enter closing amounts if something was off. My sta...

Wah Sales in Money 2005 Premium
Does Money 2005 Premium keep track of wash sales (basis adjustments and holding periods) by way of the functionality of the program itself, or does it rely on the GainsKeeper functionality? I've seen the GainsKeeper website, so I assume this functionality is web based (by subscription) and not a part of the main program. I'm asking because I'm thinking of switching from Quicken to Money to get something that will track wash sales. Thanks, Hardy In microsoft.public.money, Hardy Bennington wrote: >Does Money 2005 Premium keep track of wash sales (basis adjustments and >ho...

Sales Tax not Calucated Correctly
I have an invoice which did not calculate the sales tax correctly The invoice to the customer has already been posted. The Sale amount (subtotal) was $875.00. There was only one line item. If you look at the line item Calculated Tax it says $43.75 - if you click the arrow next to it - it says Total Sales $875.00, Tax Amount $43.75. If you look at the document sales tax: It says $87.50, click the arrow next to it - Total Sales $1750.00, Tax Amount $87.50. The General Ledger Entry - shows sales amount $875.00, Tax amount $87.50 This is the only invoice which did this. I have checked ...

calculation sales of particular month among months of sale
Hi > I m facing problem with my worksheets which i have to calculate total sales > in particular month. > > sheet 1 have > > Date Sale Undr 4% CST Sale Undr 10 CST Sale Undr 4% RST > DD/MM/YY > 1.10.2005 10000 > 2.10.2005 250000 > 3.10.2005 > 150000 > 4.10.2005 1000 > 1.11.2005 > 2.11.2005 > 3.12.2005 > 4.12.2005 > 1.1.2005 etc > > Sheet 2 have > Quarterly Return > > Month > Sale Undr 4% CST Sale Undr 10 CST Sale Undr 4% RST Dear Bob philip thanks...

Ohio Tax Update
Since it is near the end of September, and the Ohio tax tables should be updated for October 1, when will the Round 7 tax updates be available on customer source? ...

Fixed detailed sales report
I know there has been a Detailed sales report attached in the past that has the profit margin fixed, but I can't seem to find it. If anyone has it could you please attach it to a post. It's not mission critical because I generally use Quickbooks to view my profit and previous year comparison reports, but I like using reports that I know are correct and it's a pain seeing the profit margin incorrect when I do a quick check to see how the day's doing. Craig ------=_NextPart_0001_7A55F798 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good afternoon Craig, Th...

Tax Update
What is the date that the July tax update for Canadian Payroll needs to be installed by? When can we expect it to be released so that we can test it with our third-party applications? Does the tax update require that we have service pack 4A installed? Thanks! Jessica ...

Not able to use Citrix to access Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook
Hi, As I understand it correctly you cannot use Citrix or Terminal Services to access Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook (the Outlook client) at the moment. Does anyone know whether this has been fixed or if there is an add-on available that can solve this issue? Please let me know if you have any interesting information. Regards, Edwin Edwin, As of yet, this has not been fixed. This is basic issue with the way the SFO client is architected and I wouldn't expect a "fix" until v2.0 at the earliest. I have heard that v2 will bring some major changes with the SFO client, so w...

Non-taxable sales vs. tax-exempt sales
Can anyone tell me how the system differentiates between what come sout on the Sales Tax Analysis Report as "Tax-Exempt" vs. ""Non-Taxable"??? As far as I know all the itemjs in my database all have the SAME "tax" property selected or left as "NONE" in the General properties set-up screen. When I print a Sales Tax Analysis report some sales show as non-taxable and a different amount as tax-exempt. How can I find out what determines how what type of sale is recorded? [For the record, we sell non-taxable food items as well as items which a...

Email Sales Literature 12-06-05
Is there a way to email sales literature that includes attached documents (ex: pdf)? Ultimately here is our goal: Open a product that has associated sales literature and email the attached document (pdf). I do not see anyway in CRM where this can be done. Will this be available in CRM 3.0? Are there any ISVs that allow this feature? Our customer is really irritated with the fact that this feature is not available. What are their solutions?? Please advise. Thank you in advance for your assistance. I would be curious to know how people use the sales literature items. I don't ...

Error Total sales report hour sales
Hi all, Got a hourly sales report from the microsoft customer source which gives a wrong total sales because it is selecting more items than sold during a certain time. Can anybody tell me what needs to be change in the qrp. report below: Jeff2 //--- Report Summary --- // Begin ReportSummary ReportType = reporttypeSales ReportTitle = "Detailed Sales Report by hour" PageOrientation = pageorientationLandscape WordWrap = False ShowDateTimePicker = False OutLineMode = True Groups = 2 GroupDescription = "" DisplayLogo = True LogoFileName = &q...

old sales reps
I know this has been discussed before but I can't seem to find an answer to it. I had an employee quit that was a sales rep, now she still shows up in the login screen. Is there any ramifications to deleting her. There's no way to make it inactive and it's annoying having her show up on all the reports and the login screen. Am I stuck having her show up everywhere until the end of time? Craig Craig, I think it is a glaring omission to not be able to inactivate employees, so you can keep thier records, but not have to wade through them on a day to day basis. My solution ...

streamlining
I'm fairly new to MS products and I need some NG help. I'm doing a big construction project and I have serveral companies sending me billing data in excell format. I want to create a summary of my spending to see if it matches up with my budget. What I want to do is to centralize the accounting data in access. My problems is that each company has a different way of formating their data in excell. I thought that maybe I can create a form in access to allow each accountant to input their data directly, but if they screw up, then I have bad data in my database %P Ideas? If all o...

CRM sales for outlook does not function in the offline...
Even though I choose to go in to off-line mode prior to turning off the computer, the CRM-system will not operate when I start my computer disconnected from the network. What should I do? Mattias ...

Tax Report Export
I have recently upgraded from M04 to M05. In M04, if you want to export Schedule D it correctly pulls information only from taxable account but in M05 it pulls info from all investment account. I have verified in account detail that the retirement flag is checked. Any ideas? In Tools | Settings | Tax, you can identify the accounts to be included or excluded. By default, retirement accounts should be excluded (they were in my case), but it's worth checking there. -- Michael Gordon MVP "Senthil" <Senthil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89D5AC1B-06C...

sales line comments
When a comment is entered on sales line, the comment text is automatically split up into Comment_1, Comment_2 and so on. I am trying to populate the comments (CMMTTXT field) through sql into table SOP10202. However, I dont know how to populate the fields Comment_1, Comment_2 so that the CMMTTXT field is neatly broken into these sub fields. Jack, I haven't done it but it can easily be done in VB as follows and should be able to get done in SQL as well. I hope, someone else would come up with a better suggestion. Each COMMENT_x colum must not exceed 51 characters, so, count the numbe...

Make sales target (quota) invisible for other users
I am setting up a MS CRM system for a pilot which focus primarily on our sales department. I have given each user who's a salesperson given a quota in the CRM system. These numbers are confidential and so not everybody may be given the possibility to view this data. But when I checked with another role, I could see the quota of erverybody who's got quota assigned. Is there a possibility to make these quota's only visible to the persons I want (for example the director can see the quota's of everybody, the salespersons can only see the quota for themselves and the rest o...

customerfollowup for cars sales
i ...

Automatins Sales Processes
Dear All, One of my managers requires an email to be sent whenever the probability of an opportunity changes. This he wants only for his business unit. First can CRM 3.0 fire a workflow based on a change in the probabilty? If not then how can I automate having different sales process based on the product the users selects? ...

Detailed sales report by Sales Rep
Does anyone have a report that can pull up detailed sales history by Sales Rep? Hi Scott - paste this verbiage on a notepad, save it as "Custom - Sales by Sales Rep" Run it from the custom section - hope this helps //--- Report Summary --- // Begin ReportSummary ReportType = reporttypeSales ReportTitle = "Detailed Sales Report by Sales Rep" PageOrientation = pageorientationPortrait OutLineMode = True Groups = 1 GroupDescription = "" DisplayLogo = True LogoFileName = "MyLogo.bmp" ProcedureCall = "" TablesQue...

re sales for outlook sync issues
Hi I cannot promote emails, send emails or go offline. Errors when sending or promoting emails is 'An error has ocurred. PLease cntact sys admin. Errors when going offline is 'the network path was not found. I think i have misse I can create crm contacts, appointments and tasks through outlook and i have installed the router but i feel like i am missing a crucial step. Any ideas would be great ...

Sales Transactions list displays wrong transaction on zoom
1. Click on 'Customers' in Sales Lists on the Navigation pane 2. Search for a specific customer 3. Highlight the customer line, then Actions>View Transactions 4. Double click on a line item on the Sales Transactions screen The wrong document is shown in the Sales Transaction Inquiry Zoom window. It's like it randomly selects one of the other line items - sometimes it repeatedly displays the same item no matter which one you select; other times it picks other ones, and other times it shows the correct one. Anyone else experience this? -- GP 9.0, SP1 Bud, I have never see...

I Need a Simple Sales Software
Hello, I am looking for software to keep track of my prospects, customers, and the notes of the sales process. I spend about one hour a day on sales and marketing, so I prefer a simple and inexpensive software. Maximizer, Outlook, Act, and Goldmine seem made for the full-time professional salesperson. Please let me know if what I am looking for exists. Best Regards, T.I. ...

sale or lease?
169 fairburn rd sw, atl, ga 30331 what are the legal documents related to this property? zoning?---res? or comm?--multi-use? rsvp possmm1@comcast.net I can't even begin to imagine what this has to do with Excel. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "possmm1" <possmm1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D66DAE9-8E5D-436C-9385-4B8F953C19DD@microsoft.com... > 169 fairburn rd sw, atl, ga 30331 > > what are the legal documents related to this property? zoning?---res...

Streamline Windows XP updates?
What is the best way to install Windows XP? I added (streamlined) SP3 to my Windows XP and put it on a CD. Is there a way to add to that only necessary updates for Windows XP? Or is the best way just to go to Microsoft's Windows updates website and do it through there? Thanks. John Doe wrote: > What is the best way to install Windows XP? I added (streamlined) > SP3 to my Windows XP and put it on a CD. Is there a way to add to > that only necessary updates for Windows XP? Or is the best way just > to go to Microsoft's Windows updates website and do it through ...