stored procedure writing directly in RMS

Is there any examples of writing stored procs directly in RMS?  For example I
have a stored procedure I have written that gets fired off from CR8.5.  The
stored proc has one section that does an insert into a temp table and at the
end of the stored proc does a select of the temp table.  Any time within the
stored proc when doing an insert the last select does not work.  If I do not
do an insert within the stored proc everything works as normal.  I even tried
having my stored proc call another stored proc when it gets done, but because
of that insert it has problems.  Is there anything written anywhere or
documented about some of the issues with stored proc writing directly into
RMS?
Thanks
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Try adding the following line to the beginning of your SP:

SET NOCOUNT ON

This suppresses the "Rows affected" message that your insert is sending
back...

The SP is all within SQL Server, it really has nothing to do with RMS
specifically.

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

ClothingStore wrote:
> Is there any examples of writing stored procs directly in RMS?  For example I
> have a stored procedure I have written that gets fired off from CR8.5.  The
> stored proc has one section that does an insert into a temp table and at the
> end of the stored proc does a select of the temp table.  Any time within the
> stored proc when doing an insert the last select does not work.  If I do not
> do an insert within the stored proc everything works as normal.  I even tried
> having my stored proc call another stored proc when it gets done, but because
> of that insert it has problems.  Is there anything written anywhere or
> documented about some of the issues with stored proc writing directly into
> RMS?
> Thanks
0
glenn9672 (1267)
2/15/2007 3:10:49 PM
Glenn, you are awesome, thank you.  It did the trick and works great.  I
appreciate all that you do on this site and the questions you answer.  It's
great.

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> Try adding the following line to the beginning of your SP:
>
> SET NOCOUNT ON
>
> This suppresses the "Rows affected" message that your insert is sending
> back...
>
> The SP is all within SQL Server, it really has nothing to do with RMS
> specifically.
>
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information.
>

> ClothingStore wrote:
> > Is there any examples of writing stored procs directly in RMS?  For example I
> > have a stored procedure I have written that gets fired off from CR8.5.  The
> > stored proc has one section that does an insert into a temp table and at the
> > end of the stored proc does a select of the temp table.  Any time within the
> > stored proc when doing an insert the last select does not work.  If I do not
> > do an insert within the stored proc everything works as normal.  I even tried
> > having my stored proc call another stored proc when it gets done, but because
> > of that insert it has problems.  Is there anything written anywhere or
> > documented about some of the issues with stored proc writing directly into
> > RMS?
> > Thanks

Writing data back to main form
I have a form that pops up when a certain value is selected in an Option Group on my main form. The user enters free from data in an unbound box on the popup form, then submits the "comment" through a background macro. The macro should write the "comment" back to the main form via a SetValue command, however, the macro is halted because it can't find the original form, which has remained open. Is SetValue the correct command to use in the macro? ...

Multi Store Vouchers
I do not see a way for this to work. I want to be able to give out store credit to our customers but there does not seem a way to make this work for multiple stores. In a single store setup everything is stored in the Voucher table. These vouchers are uploaded during the HQ synchronization but each store does not have access to other stores voucher's. Does anyone have any insight on how I could get this resolved? Thanks, Dan I take it you are trying to issue Store Credit for returns, not actually trying to implement a voucher system for gift cards/certificates. If this is corre...

Stored Procedure error message
Hi, I have written scipt in Dex to create tables. After I have added chunk file, tables are creating properly. But the issue is after login into Great Plains I am getting the following error "The Stored Procedure GrantAccess() of form Sql maintenance : 69: pass through Sql returned the following results :DBMS :15151, Microsoft Dynamics GP:0" Any Idea Please... Jack Hi Friends, I got the solution my slef and issue has resolved.. Thanks, Jack "Jack" wrote: > Hi, > > I have written scipt in Dex to create tables. After I have added chunk file, > table...

Proper procedure when inactivating a user
I have inactived the user using the sbs console however the user still shows up in my global address list. How do I remove them? thanks Not sure what version you have, but in 5.5, you open the properties of the account and on the advanced page select to "hide" the name from the GAL. This does nothing to any distribution lists. The userid will continue to receive e-mails, so you need to remove them from and distribution lists............ -- Regards, Hank Arnold "Melanie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2c1c01c3e14d$00719140$a401280a@...

Writing blogs in Word 2007
I wrote a blog and published it. All went ok, until I wrote another blog and inserted a picture. Blogs with pictures causes Word to crash. Can someone reproduce it? I tried several times, wiht different pictures, text, even publish as draft... doesn't work for me. -- Name: Vitalie Ciobanu Nickname: AISBERG Homepage: http://aisberg.rau.ro Try askiing in a Word group. This group is for Outlook.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 ...

Exch 2003 store.exe terminates when ESM Replication Status selected
Exch 2003 SP1 on W2K SP4 - had been 5.5 until moving to Exch 2K swing server. 5.5 removed and Exch 2003 SP1 installed, seemingly OK. Weird problem - if I click on ESM->Administrative groups-> group ->Servers-> server->First Storage Group->Public Folder Store(server) and then click on Replication Status, after a delay I recieve a popup saying, "An error occurred while retrieving the requested information. The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is not running or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is unavailable. ID no: c103047d Exchange System Manager...

HQ/Store date mismatch
We just deployed our 3rd store and eveyrthing was working fine, transactions were being uploaded and everything. Then, the store ops DB computer got moved, and I guess at some point someone changed the date on the computer to be a month in advance. Now, all of our transactions from 4/25/2006 to 4/27/2006 are actually in the DB as 5/25/2006 to 5/27/2006. I just discovered the problem and changed the date on the Store Ops machine, but I don't know what the best way to fix these transactions is, or if it is even possible. What I'd like to do is go change all of these transac...

Outlook XP autofill To field
Outlook XP ... When typing in names in the To field of new messages Outlook will start to show names that have either already been typed, sent to or appear in the Contact list. Where is this "autofill" list kept? Is it user accessible? I'd like to get rid of some of the names that are not already in my Contacts. You can just use the down arrow key to highlight a name that is incorrect or whose address has changed and press delete. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding ...

Average Sales per Store
Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for Department and Category if possible. I have tried to modify it myself, but I'm a beginner at this and I keep coming up short. One other thing that may be useful is if it can summarize by date also - would be nice to see how the values change over the course of a week or so. "Jason Kelton" wrote: > Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in > CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for D...

Store Credit multi Store
Good Day, Can someone give advice about how to set up Store Credits for a multi store enterprise. Currently the client use store credits/vouchers at store location only and can only redeem a Store Credit where it was issued. We would like to set it up so that they can redeem a store credit at any store location no matter where it was issued. Three stores connected via HQ. Thanks in Advance. I believe you can set up an account type and call it 'store credit' or something, then when you enter the new customer information for the person receiving store credit you simply assig...

How to write XML to the rendered HTML page.
In code behind, I generate a string that I would like to have rendered to my page so that my javascript can load it into a client side javascript xml document. If I use repsonse.write(txml), it puts it outside of the body of the document. I also tried assigning it to a label.text, but the javascript can not find it inside the span tag. Is there a way to do it? Thanks in advance. txml = "<xml ID='oPriceBookDrops'>" txml = txml & "<PBInfo>" txml = txml & "<DataPoint>" txml = txml & "<Product ProductName='Scre...

Public Folder Store Present on Front-Ends
I ran the EXbpa and it said that it is recommended to dismount the Public folders stores on my front end severs. When I dismounted them mail started queueing up and did not start again until I mounted the stores. Why would this be when Microsoft recommends it and what does the PF store have to do with mail flow? I am running Exchange Server 2003 SP2 Tyson <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I ran the EXbpa and it said that it is recommended to dismount the Public >folders stores on my front end severs. When I dismounted them mail started >queueing up and did no...

Copying hotbuttons from store to store?
I have 10 hotbuttons set up in one of our stores and need to copy it to 8 other stores. Is there a certain file I can copy instead of remaking them for each store? Thanks ...

No Direct Send Option With Ex 2003?
In Exchange 2000, I thought there was an option to use a Smart Host if directly sending SMTP did not work. It looks like there is no such option in Exchange 2003, it looks as if you can only use a Smart Host or not use a Smart Host. Did I miss something? Thanks. localhost <primpilus@cohort.ces> wrote: >In Exchange 2000, I thought there was an option to use a Smart Host if >directly sending SMTP did not work. It looks like there is no such >option in Exchange 2003, it looks as if you can only use a Smart Host >or not use a Smart Host. Did I miss something? Create a S...

Direct Mail Problem
Hi to everybody! I've tried many times to do a Direct-Mail from some selected contacts of sales pane. All works ok but when I press "send" I get no error but no mail is sent! If I check afterwards my activities, I can see how has been created a mail for each contact, but no one has been sent ... I have got admin permissions, so this is not the question and I've done all step by step as is shown in help files. (creted a mail template, activated the option in configurations settings, ...) To sum it all up: I want to send an email directly to more than one contact and I...

Custom views
I have vers 2002 SP2 When I open an prev backup outlook.pst file, everything seems to be there, including my custom print styles, EXCEPT MY CUSTOM VIEWS ARE MISSING FROM THE VIEW/CURRENT VIEW MENU! Are they not included in outlook.pst file? This has happened twice to me, once a couple of versions ago ...

New stores exported from HQ get original store's configuration....
In a headquarters / store operations environment, are configuration settings "centrally maintained data" that get exported from HQ when a new store is created from HQ? In other words, do the new stores get the configuration settings assigned to the first store in store ops manager - file - configuration - accounts/ordering/inventory/options/etc tabs....? Thanks for any insights. the short answer is no. But it does get some (finding this out as we go). Inventory yes, Ordering dependson what you mean, accounts yes you can send that down, options no. "convoluted" w...

Restoring Exchange Store files to a new server
We had a major system crash this week but I was able to grab the entire exchsrv directory from the server. What files do I need to copy to the new server to get all of my exchange mail/public folders/etc loaded on the new server? Thanks, CJ What version of Exchange? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Curious Joe" <joebob.johnson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1160176822.798021.310710@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > We had a major system crash this week but I was able to grab the entire > exchsrv director...

default store for mailboxes?
I created a second mailbox store that I moved all of my users into except for the disabled accounts and the Admin account. I created a user in AD "Users and Computers", but the user isn't showing up in either store under the Exchange Admin tool. Do I need to specify which store is the default for newly created users? (Exchange 2003 Enterprise) On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:16:02 -0800, Cwhitmore <Cwhitmore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I created a second mailbox store that I moved all of my users into except for >the disabled accounts and the Admin account. >...

writing text to a document line after line
I'm writing my first application with Document View architecture. How do I write a list of strings to the document? I need to print strings line after line. Thanks, Costi You can use a CListView. This encapsulates a list control in the view. Another option would be to use a ListBox in your view. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Costi Stan" <stancosti@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e$Svao80EHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I'm writing my first application with Document View architecture. > > How do I write a list of strings to the do...

Recreate stores on a/a/p 2003 cluster
After a SAN disaster (don't ask!) i've got member nodes and virtual servers up running with new disks, but all stores are unmounted as the files were lost during the crash. For a Legato Networker restore it seems that the database files are required to be present. What is the recommended way to recreate the .edb and .stm files? I'm not happy with running setup /disasterrecovery on an otherwise healthy cluster unless I have to. Ole Thomsen FUT: microsoft.public.exchange.clustering ...

Store Credit Without Sale
I have a 3 day special 5% off on all item, but I have some customers in the store with a credit that has $20 and it say's no special sale or discount with this store credit on any items. How do I override the 5% sale, so the customer won't get the discount on those days. Can anyone help. Do I need to put a barcode or do something. Hi Al - Scan the items, then go to shift f3 discount - select discount off RETAIL - percent zero - ok - this should remove the sale price from the receipt. Hope this helps... "al" wrote: > I have a 3 day special 5% off on all ...

Information Store ????
My Information Store was about 20Gig when I took over as a admin, I put some restrictions on all users, delete bunch of mailboxes from inactive users, etc. Per my calculations my Information store should be about 12Gig, but is not, It's been over a week and it is still at 12Gig, what is going on; is there's somthing else I need to do, Thanks. the edb file will not shrink until you perform an offline defrag...but I wouldn't bother...Exchange is very good at reusing whitespace in the database... "mark olczyk" <molczyk@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eYUkBY44E...

Store
Sometimes happen in my server that Doctor Watson sayd me that the file store.exe has make an Access Violation (0xC0000005) at Address : 0x00424345 and block my service. Can you help me please ? Hi You might want to look at the article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;829418 But, I would also recommend calling your local Microsoft PSS. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "AAllegri" <AAllegri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02721E24-D212-4AFE-9604-1...

Write Delay Failure
Hello Recently I tried to copy a number of folders full of photo files from my secondary hard drive to a CF memory card via an external 2.0 USB card reader. One image folder was 1.5GB; another was 311MB. Occasionally, during the copying I will get an error message stating the a particular image file could not be found and this was normally accompanied with another error message from the system tray stating the following: "Windows - Delayed Write Failed Windows was unable to save all the data for the file \Device\HardDiskVolume" I have winXp (SP3), 1.5GB RAM, 3.06GHz...