Store to HQ -- is there data encryption?

Hi, when a store communicates with HQ in RMS,  is there built in data
encryption? If not, are there ways to encrypt the data other than using
VPN? Just wondering since it seems like most companies would
sales/inventory to be confidential.

just wondering. thanks!
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

so no one knows whether data is encrypted when being passed over the
internet between the Store and HQ?

Kamal wrote:
> Hi, when a store communicates with HQ in RMS,  is there built in data
> encryption? If not, are there ways to encrypt the data other than
> using VPN? Just wondering since it seems like most companies would
> sales/inventory to be confidential.
>
> just wondering. thanks!
According to MS, the data between HQ Client and HQ Server is Compressed
and Encrypted.  I've never seen any details on the encrytion method
though.  If you are concerned, you can set up a VPN connection between
sites...

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

Kamal wrote:
> so no one knows whether data is encrypted when being passed over the
> internet between the Store and HQ?
>
> Kamal wrote:
>> Hi, when a store communicates with HQ in RMS,  is there built in data
>> encryption? If not, are there ways to encrypt the data other than
>> using VPN? Just wondering since it seems like most companies would
>> sales/inventory to be confidential.
>>
>> just wondering. thanks!
0
glenn9672 (1267)

OleDb consumer where is my data source
I have generated an OleDB provider from MS VC++ 7 ATL templates. I have modified this using Lon Fishers tutorial! (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnvc60/htm l/msdn_vc6oledbprov.asp) However when I come to generating a consumer (using MS VC++ 7 ATL templates) to test the provider, I get stuck. Lon's article talks how to generate consumers using VC++6 ATL. In VC++7 the wizard requires you to specify a data source. This is the part I am unsure about as I cannot seem to fine a data source for the provider as it reads from text files? Any suggestions??? Th...

Exch 2003 store.exe terminates when ESM Replication Status selected
Exch 2003 SP1 on W2K SP4 - had been 5.5 until moving to Exch 2K swing server. 5.5 removed and Exch 2003 SP1 installed, seemingly OK. Weird problem - if I click on ESM->Administrative groups-> group ->Servers-> server->First Storage Group->Public Folder Store(server) and then click on Replication Status, after a delay I recieve a popup saying, "An error occurred while retrieving the requested information. The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is not running or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is unavailable. ID no: c103047d Exchange System Manager...

Regression
In Excel 2003, I used the Data Analysis Toolkit to perform a linear regression. Does anyone know how I see the variance of each datapoint away from the line of best fit? Tools - data analysis - regression (i dont know if there is an option in this process that will display the data i am looking for) Thanks. WA - The Regression tool has a checkbox for Residuals, in which case it provides Residuals (difference between actual Y and predicted/fitted Y) for each data point. - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "WA" <WA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Mailbox Data
I have 2 mailboxes. One of them is fairly new and has a different last name. I had the old account forward all new emails to the new account, but how do I move the mailbox data from the old account to the new one? Is there a tool I can use, or maybe I can just move the files? Please help. Robert 2 ways... 1. Open old account, copy all the mail to PST file. Then open new account, copy from PST file back into the mailbox 2. Use Exmerge. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. OR if you wish to include a script sample in your post ...

Multi Store Vouchers
I do not see a way for this to work. I want to be able to give out store credit to our customers but there does not seem a way to make this work for multiple stores. In a single store setup everything is stored in the Voucher table. These vouchers are uploaded during the HQ synchronization but each store does not have access to other stores voucher's. Does anyone have any insight on how I could get this resolved? Thanks, Dan I take it you are trying to issue Store Credit for returns, not actually trying to implement a voucher system for gift cards/certificates. If this is corre...

Writing data back to main form
I have a form that pops up when a certain value is selected in an Option Group on my main form. The user enters free from data in an unbound box on the popup form, then submits the "comment" through a background macro. The macro should write the "comment" back to the main form via a SetValue command, however, the macro is halted because it can't find the original form, which has remained open. Is SetValue the correct command to use in the macro? ...

changing thwe width of data labels?
I have a horizontal bar chart with labels on each bar. They are positioned in the centre of the bar. The labels are quite long e.g. 'Marks for the analysis stage of the project', but would easily fit inside a bar. The trouble is, Excel insists on wrapping the text into a smaller rectangle so some labels are on two or even three lines and overlap the top and bottom of the bar. Can I change the width of the data label box so that the text will fit on one line? Howard Howard - Unfortunately, Excel doesn't allow you to change the size of a data label (or a chart title or ...

Stored Procedure error message
Hi, I have written scipt in Dex to create tables. After I have added chunk file, tables are creating properly. But the issue is after login into Great Plains I am getting the following error "The Stored Procedure GrantAccess() of form Sql maintenance : 69: pass through Sql returned the following results :DBMS :15151, Microsoft Dynamics GP:0" Any Idea Please... Jack Hi Friends, I got the solution my slef and issue has resolved.. Thanks, Jack "Jack" wrote: > Hi, > > I have written scipt in Dex to create tables. After I have added chunk file, > table...

HQ/Store date mismatch
We just deployed our 3rd store and eveyrthing was working fine, transactions were being uploaded and everything. Then, the store ops DB computer got moved, and I guess at some point someone changed the date on the computer to be a month in advance. Now, all of our transactions from 4/25/2006 to 4/27/2006 are actually in the DB as 5/25/2006 to 5/27/2006. I just discovered the problem and changed the date on the Store Ops machine, but I don't know what the best way to fix these transactions is, or if it is even possible. What I'd like to do is go change all of these transac...

0how do I display wide range of data e.g. with data from 195 to 2.
I need to know how can I display wide range of data from 195 to 2.5 m on the same chart Maybe, with a log scale? -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <FF07154A-B77E-4F66-9694-1D8240B48B82@microsoft.com>, YSL@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I need to know how can I display wide range of data from 195 to 2.5 m on the > same chart > > ...

Outlook XP autofill To field
Outlook XP ... When typing in names in the To field of new messages Outlook will start to show names that have either already been typed, sent to or appear in the Contact list. Where is this "autofill" list kept? Is it user accessible? I'd like to get rid of some of the names that are not already in my Contacts. You can just use the down arrow key to highlight a name that is incorrect or whose address has changed and press delete. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding ...

Average Sales per Store
Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for Department and Category if possible. I have tried to modify it myself, but I'm a beginner at this and I keep coming up short. One other thing that may be useful is if it can summarize by date also - would be nice to see how the values change over the course of a week or so. "Jason Kelton" wrote: > Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in > CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for D...

merge multilple data values
How do I merge multilple data values ie: in columns js1234 to .jpg to read: js1234.jpg Thanks Jennifer, You can combine two cells with a formula like =A1&B1 -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Jennifer Burnel" <jenburnel@babooshka.net> wrote in message news:h3rpb.294$Ux1.162@newsfep3-gui.server.ntli.net... > How do I merge multilple data values ie: > in columns > js1234 to .jpg > to read: js1234.jpg > > Thanks > > ...

Passing data between view and dialog
Hi, I need help on the passing of data between a view and a dialog. My problem definition is as follows. I have a view class which is derived from the CView class.In this view class i have a list of bytes arranged in rows and columns.When i select a single byte or a group of bytes and select edit option it opens up a new dialog box.The new dialog box contains the same data as that of the view arranged in rows and columns.The problem is i want to highlight the selected items in the new dialog box that were selected in the view class. Can anybody help me on this. Regards Arun Have a method...

Error Message with Data Validation
I have setup data validation on a cell to force the user to choose from a drop down list of words. How can I make the data validation function put up an error message if the user picks one of the choices on the list and there happens to be no date entered in another totally different cell under another column (this other cell I'm referring to does not have any data validation setup for it)? - Chet You can't get an error message since it is not an error in your data validation, you could use a cell next to the validation and use a formula there and have that formula return a me...

text and data in same cell
can u put a formula and text in the same cel -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Yes - through concatenation. =string&TEXT(value,format) or =TEXT(value,format)& string, or any combination string and value can be cell references. You might want stick a &" "& in the middle for separation. Hope this helps. >-----Original Message----- >can u put a formula and text in the same cell > > >--- >Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > >. > im not quite following this can u put it in terms a 3 year old ma understa...

Xmlhttprequest
Hi, I'm trying to find a way to use XMLHttpRequest to recieve an xml file and then use XMLHttpRequest to send an xml file back based on the xml file I received. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance rwiegel@iastate.edu wrote: > I'm trying to find a way to use XMLHttpRequest to recieve an xml file > and then use XMLHttpRequest to send an xml file back based on the xml > file I received. Can anybody help? If you receive XML with XMLHttpRequest then you get a responseXML DOM document that you can manipulate as needed and pass to the send method to send it back. Or create a ...

compare two cells with non-numeric data
I need to compare two cells (A1 vs B1) that contain letter grades (that is, A, A-, B+, B, B-, etc.) I need to show if one cell (B1) has a higher grade than the cell to which it is being compared to (A1), is the same or has a lower grade. If this were the comparison of number data, then no problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks One thing you could do is to allocate a nominal value to each grade. For example, set up a column somewhere, eg in X1:X10 like this: A A- B+ B B- C+ C C- D E I don't know what grades you are actually using, but I'm sure you can see the idea of list...

Store Credit multi Store
Good Day, Can someone give advice about how to set up Store Credits for a multi store enterprise. Currently the client use store credits/vouchers at store location only and can only redeem a Store Credit where it was issued. We would like to set it up so that they can redeem a store credit at any store location no matter where it was issued. Three stores connected via HQ. Thanks in Advance. I believe you can set up an account type and call it 'store credit' or something, then when you enter the new customer information for the person receiving store credit you simply assig...

Putting Data to Tape
We have a branch server that is protected via DPM 2007. The branch server is configured to disk only, with 14 day retention. There is a department with shares on this branch server that wants a different retention (monthly - retained for 1 year, and yearly - retained for 10 years). They want the data to go straight to media (tape or DVD) and shipped off site. We also run NetBackup at out datacenter, and could use that as an option, if DPM supports it. Is it possible to put the specific shares straight to tape, or use NetBackup? Thanks Mike Hi Mike, Depending on yo...

Custom PWA fields show no data in PWA
Hi, My company has recently started to use Team Foundation Server and it is being used to track softwer development progress. The project related information is transferred to Project Pro and Project server 2007. There are several custom fields provided by Team system including work item ID which uniquely identifies the scenario, bug or task. However when I try to view these fields in PWA the box is empty. The custom field heading is corect. I have exported the custom fields from Project to Project server but this has not helped. Can anyone help with this? -- Regard...

charting data with multiple series
I have a data set in this format: Temp Pressure Mass=115 2.2 897 4.1 752 6.3 631 8.5 555 Mass=125 1.3 999 4.6 888 8.9 777 9.6 600 Mass=130 3.6 987 4.5 876 6.9 654 8.0 555 and so on... Using an XY Scatter Graph, I want to plot Temp vs. Pressure for each data series. I want the labels in the left column to show up in the legend. Any suggestions on how to select the data? Thanks, Mary [This follo...

Public Folder Store Present on Front-Ends
I ran the EXbpa and it said that it is recommended to dismount the Public folders stores on my front end severs. When I dismounted them mail started queueing up and did not start again until I mounted the stores. Why would this be when Microsoft recommends it and what does the PF store have to do with mail flow? I am running Exchange Server 2003 SP2 Tyson <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I ran the EXbpa and it said that it is recommended to dismount the Public >folders stores on my front end severs. When I dismounted them mail started >queueing up and did no...

Copying hotbuttons from store to store?
I have 10 hotbuttons set up in one of our stores and need to copy it to 8 other stores. Is there a certain file I can copy instead of remaking them for each store? Thanks ...

Custom views
I have vers 2002 SP2 When I open an prev backup outlook.pst file, everything seems to be there, including my custom print styles, EXCEPT MY CUSTOM VIEWS ARE MISSING FROM THE VIEW/CURRENT VIEW MENU! Are they not included in outlook.pst file? This has happened twice to me, once a couple of versions ago ...