Store Operations POS Item Table Field Suggestion

We would like to suggest adding a new "numeric" type field in the "Item"
table of Store Operations.  All of the customers that we have dealt with have
only used numeric values in the "ItemLookupCode" field, however this field is
an alphanumeric string, and does not offer true numeric sorting in applicable
browsers.  Not to alienate those clients that use alphanumeric characters in
the ItemLookupCode field, we suggest adding several true numeric fields for
custom data, then the user could sort on their numeric data.  In addition to
our encounters with numeric value codes, all of the RMS documentation, and
UPC codes for example all coorelate with using "numeric" digits for this
field.  Thank you.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=32d04f51-08e6-4ed3-89ff-ba3e6d0fb1df&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
THOMAS1 (129)
7/15/2005 2:38:04 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Thomas,

If you're looking to use only an integer, I don't believe that the
subcategoryID field is used by RMS.

Matt

"Thomas" <Thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We would like to suggest adding a new "numeric" type field in the "Item"
> table of Store Operations.  All of the customers that we have dealt with
have
> only used numeric values in the "ItemLookupCode" field, however this field
is
> an alphanumeric string, and does not offer true numeric sorting in
applicable
> browsers.  Not to alienate those clients that use alphanumeric characters
in
> the ItemLookupCode field, we suggest adding several true numeric fields
for
> custom data, then the user could sort on their numeric data.  In addition
> our encounters with numeric value codes, all of the RMS documentation, and
> UPC codes for example all coorelate with using "numeric" digits for this
> field.  Thank you.
>
> ----------------
this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=32d04f51-08e6-4ed3-89ff-ba3e6d0fb1df&dg=microsoft.publi
c.pos

0
mrocha (144)

Variable number of entries per field in contact report
Hi, I'm not a db programmer, so this is painful. I'm creating a directory for our church. Singles, couples, families. I've got it all working except that if a family has more than one child, the family is getting one report entry for each child. How do I format the control so that if there are multiple children, all are printed in a horizontal field at the bottom of the family's entry? I have the children in a subtable with two fields, Child and Birthdate. They're linked to the ID of the family's db entry in the main table. The no code solution is to bu...

cicle through pivot table
anyone knows how to cicle throught the different groups created by a pivot table? If you want to do something in code with each pivot field, you can refer to the pivotfields method. For example, the following code turns off the subtotals for each field: '===================== Sub NoSubtotalsOrGrandTotals() 'turns off subtotals and grand totals '.PivotFields could be changed to '.RowFields or .ColumnFields Dim pt As PivotTable Dim pf As PivotField On Error Resume Next For Each pt In ActiveSheet.PivotTables For Each pf In pt.PivotFields 'First, set index 1 (Automa...

Exch 2003 store.exe terminates when ESM Replication Status selected
Exch 2003 SP1 on W2K SP4 - had been 5.5 until moving to Exch 2K swing server. 5.5 removed and Exch 2003 SP1 installed, seemingly OK. Weird problem - if I click on ESM->Administrative groups-> group ->Servers-> server->First Storage Group->Public Folder Store(server) and then click on Replication Status, after a delay I recieve a popup saying, "An error occurred while retrieving the requested information. The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is not running or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is unavailable. ID no: c103047d Exchange System Manager...

Multi Store Vouchers
I do not see a way for this to work. I want to be able to give out store credit to our customers but there does not seem a way to make this work for multiple stores. In a single store setup everything is stored in the Voucher table. These vouchers are uploaded during the HQ synchronization but each store does not have access to other stores voucher's. Does anyone have any insight on how I could get this resolved? Thanks, Dan I take it you are trying to issue Store Credit for returns, not actually trying to implement a voucher system for gift cards/certificates. If this is corre...

Pivot Table Freezes
I have many pivot tables off a large database and they periodically freeze when I refresh the data. Only solution is to crash out. Any ideas, comments, solutions out there. The machine has been checked out OK. I work on a network - checked out OK. Maybe this is the problem: XL2000: PivotTable Updated Slowly with OLAP Data Source http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=237469 Jimbo wrote: > I have many pivot tables off a large database and they periodically freeze > when I refresh the data. Only solution is to crash out. Any ideas, comments, > solutions out there....

Allow discontinued items to be sold
Version 9.0 does not allow discontinued items to be sold as Dynamics has in previous versions. Would like this capability returned. Company should be able to select this option whether or not they want to allow discontinued items to be sold. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&quo...

Stored Procedure error message
Hi, I have written scipt in Dex to create tables. After I have added chunk file, tables are creating properly. But the issue is after login into Great Plains I am getting the following error "The Stored Procedure GrantAccess() of form Sql maintenance : 69: pass through Sql returned the following results :DBMS :15151, Microsoft Dynamics GP:0" Any Idea Please... Jack Hi Friends, I got the solution my slef and issue has resolved.. Thanks, Jack "Jack" wrote: > Hi, > > I have written scipt in Dex to create tables. After I have added chunk file, > table...

MSCONFIG Items?
I have been trying to streamline my start-up items and working thru MSCONFIG, I see a couple of items that I cannot figure out! The two items are as follows: No "Startup Item" Name No "Command" Site listed - One has the following in "Location"; " HKLM\software\microsoft\windows\current version\run - The other has; "HKCU\software\microsoft\windows\current version\run What are these items and can I safely uncheck them in MSCONFIG. Any input/suggestions are appreciated. charliec On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 18:54:22 -0800, charliech@email.c...

HQ/Store date mismatch
We just deployed our 3rd store and eveyrthing was working fine, transactions were being uploaded and everything. Then, the store ops DB computer got moved, and I guess at some point someone changed the date on the computer to be a month in advance. Now, all of our transactions from 4/25/2006 to 4/27/2006 are actually in the DB as 5/25/2006 to 5/27/2006. I just discovered the problem and changed the date on the Store Ops machine, but I don't know what the best way to fix these transactions is, or if it is even possible. What I'd like to do is go change all of these transac...

Counting active fields
How could i programmatically count the number of fields which aren't null, adjusting that count every time i change which record i'm looking at? Could i count only whether some specific fields are null? I was thinking of making a query that counted the records that met the criteria, except that by including each new field, i'm narrowing rather than enlarging the field of records it will include. Is there a way to make an "or" without having to directly edit the sql of the query? I take it you hae a bunch of similar fields in the table, and in your query you wa...

Outlook XP autofill To field
Outlook XP ... When typing in names in the To field of new messages Outlook will start to show names that have either already been typed, sent to or appear in the Contact list. Where is this "autofill" list kept? Is it user accessible? I'd like to get rid of some of the names that are not already in my Contacts. You can just use the down arrow key to highlight a name that is incorrect or whose address has changed and press delete. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding ...

Average Sales per Store
Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for Department and Category if possible. I have tried to modify it myself, but I'm a beginner at this and I keep coming up short. One other thing that may be useful is if it can summarize by date also - would be nice to see how the values change over the course of a week or so. "Jason Kelton" wrote: > Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in > CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for D...

target #3 operation whirlwind 02-04-10
2b 1a 36 f7 4e f8 1a dc 7d be a2 c3 dc 60 73 65 50 22 32 3e ae 2b 4a 89 8a d1 cc 67 ac 5f 87 1e dd bd a9 4c 57 7d 94 eb 55 f2 52 e4 fd 34 30 6c 17 c0 4f 4b 0d 81 ae d0 ba bf 2a 4c 53 79 2b 2a db c3 57 8f 87 52 01 81 62 32 d8 f3 2b b7 ac 8f 13 a6 b7 de 09 55 81 84 d3 79 b0 b8 d4 c4 c0 79 a6 b8 b3 4b 96 6f 66 50 b6 64 c5 23 93 12 f5 52 6b ee f7 50 8e c7 9d c7 b8 e5 5c 9a 07 fb a7 69 b6 01 6f 67 93 b2 14 a8 4c 2f 79 31 ad 75 b8 d2 11 87 8b 5b da 4b 78 e1 09 80 52 68 f5 23 7f ...

Converting Crosstab Table to Database
Does anyone if it is possible to convert a table (ie headings along the side and headings along the top) to a database format (eg Field names along the top and data within the table)? It is effectively the opposite of creating a PIVOT report from a database but I cannot find any function that allows this to happen without manually cutting and pasting. You can use the 'unpivot' technique described by John Walkenbach: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip068.htm Shawn Ramraj wrote: > Does anyone if it is possible to convert a table (ie > headings along the side and h...

Store Credit multi Store
Good Day, Can someone give advice about how to set up Store Credits for a multi store enterprise. Currently the client use store credits/vouchers at store location only and can only redeem a Store Credit where it was issued. We would like to set it up so that they can redeem a store credit at any store location no matter where it was issued. Three stores connected via HQ. Thanks in Advance. I believe you can set up an account type and call it 'store credit' or something, then when you enter the new customer information for the person receiving store credit you simply assig...

Public Folder Store Present on Front-Ends
I ran the EXbpa and it said that it is recommended to dismount the Public folders stores on my front end severs. When I dismounted them mail started queueing up and did not start again until I mounted the stores. Why would this be when Microsoft recommends it and what does the PF store have to do with mail flow? I am running Exchange Server 2003 SP2 Tyson <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I ran the EXbpa and it said that it is recommended to dismount the Public >folders stores on my front end severs. When I dismounted them mail started >queueing up and did no...

pivot chart add a ligne not in the pivot table
hello, I've a pivot table and the related graph and I would like to add 2 ligne who represents the minimun and maximum value before alarm. I would like to knwo how to create 2 ligne in a chart by vba Thanks You can create a normal chart, based on the pivot table, and include the additional lines in that. On Jon Peltier's site, there are instructions for creating a normal chart from pivot data: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotcharts.htm And for adding lines to a chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine To create the code, you ...

Redirecting Sent Items
Hi, Exchange 2007 Environment =============================== We have having one mailbox "abc". We have given send as permision to 4 user a,b,c,d on mailbox abc. All the 4 users accessing their own mailbox and while sending some mailbox they are using from field and sending e-mail with send as permission. When the 4 users uses send as permission for mailbox abc and send's e-mail the e-mail rest in particular users sent item. Is there any way to redirect these sent messages to abc's mailbox using some tools or rules. Regards, KT There's ...

Deleting Unusual Recurrence of a scheduled item.
Hello, I have a strange problem. Somehow, I have an event that recurs every day until Dec 22 2005. I have no idea how this happened, but when I delete one, I don't get any message about deleting the series, meaning I have to delete this entry for each day from here to Dec 22 2005. The easy way is of course, to ignore the entry, but I would really like to clean it up. Any ideas how to do this? Thanks! Rick RWC <rcollens_SPAMONATOR_@hemmingway.com> wrote: > I have a strange problem. Somehow, I have an event that recurs every > day until Dec 22 2005. I have no ide...

Pivot Table Percentages for Subtotals
In a Pivot Table I am trying to get Percentages of a subtotal such that the subtotal is 100%. See Below. I would like to maintain the format. I can get to the results before the %. That is the left 3 columns. I thought I could get the percentage with "Field Settings show data as:" command. But I have been unsuccessful. Any help would be greatly appreciated Dept...................Funct...........Jan.......... 1..................A...........10...........16.7% .....................B...........20...........33.3% .....................C...........30...........50.0% 1.Total..........

Copying hotbuttons from store to store?
I have 10 hotbuttons set up in one of our stores and need to copy it to 8 other stores. Is there a certain file I can copy instead of remaking them for each store? Thanks ...

delete fields in subform combobox after main form combobox is chan
I have a main form with a continuous sub form. There is a combobox on the main form called "FuelTypeChoice" The sub form is a continuous form "fPerfEmissionGuaDetails" There is a combobox on the subform called"FuelChoice" How can I have all of the records in the subform combobox be deleted if the main form combobox selection is changed? so... as soon as the user changes the FuelTypeChoice all of the FuelChoice are deleted so the user can make new Fuel Choices. The ID field between the two tables is PerfEmissionGuaID Background... 3 tables and a main form w...

GL10001 table Issue
Hi, This is the 2nd time within 6-7 months period, we experienced that GL10001 detail file getting truncated. All Header GL10000 records were intact. Do not know what causing it. I think its getting cleared while posting the batches. I cheked the audit log sy05000 even though it says the General Enry batch XXXXXXXX has finished posting but no records were found in GL20000. Is there any way to find out what causing it or where to search for possible log of any kind. Appreciate your help. Thanks Hi, This is intermittently occuring, with the GL Header intact and GL...

Adjusting Items In HQ?
Hello folks, I have a client that is having a problem when she adjusts item quantities in HQ to go to a specific store. She (and I) would like to know what work sheet to use when adjusting items so that it is downloaded to the store and also show up in HQ. So here is her question: Where do I adjust item quantities so that it shows up both in HQ and in the store? Now here is what we have been using worksheet style 307: Adjust Item Quantities and then we filter it by pants and finish off the wizard. Now in the worksheet there is Qty and Adjust Qty By. If "Bargain Pants - Jr" h...

Custom views
I have vers 2002 SP2 When I open an prev backup outlook.pst file, everything seems to be there, including my custom print styles, EXCEPT MY CUSTOM VIEWS ARE MISSING FROM THE VIEW/CURRENT VIEW MENU! Are they not included in outlook.pst file? This has happened twice to me, once a couple of versions ago ...