SQL Triggers in Headquarters

We are planning on implementing RMS and Headquarters for our multiple-store 
retail sales (do not have it installed yet). We are also going to have a 
virtual store, which will sell items from our brick-and-mortar store 
inventory. Without getting into too many details at this time, we have 
determined that the best way for us to accomplish our business needs is to 
have an external SQL database which will be used to keep track of 
brick-and-mortar store inventory and will also be used to record virtual 
store sales. We would then have triggers on this database and on the 
Headquarters database to update each other. Can triggers be written on the HQ 
database, or is that database non-customizable?
0
BillYater (133)
3/15/2005 9:17:04 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

6 Replies
647 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 19

Bill,

Triggers on HQ wouldn't be a problem.  One thing to keep in mind is that 
they wouldn't get carried over during an RMS version upgrade.

-
Evan Culver
New West Technologies

Bill Yater wrote:
> We are planning on implementing RMS and Headquarters for our multiple-store 
> retail sales (do not have it installed yet). We are also going to have a 
> virtual store, which will sell items from our brick-and-mortar store 
> inventory. Without getting into too many details at this time, we have 
> determined that the best way for us to accomplish our business needs is to 
> have an external SQL database which will be used to keep track of 
> brick-and-mortar store inventory and will also be used to record virtual 
> store sales. We would then have triggers on this database and on the 
> Headquarters database to update each other. Can triggers be written on the HQ 
> database, or is that database non-customizable?
0
eculver (95)
3/15/2005 9:48:16 PM
Triggers are a feature of SQL Server (and pretty much every other RDBMS) 
and can be written to any DB.  They are not dependent on the application the 
Database was meant to support, such as RMS Store Ops or HQ.  Microsoft has 
not made very much information on the RMS databases available, so in most 
cases you are going to have to feel your way through the data model, which 
is always dangerous.

I hope you plan to talk to a reseller before you go too far down this path. 
In the RMS hierarchy, Headquarters does not carry ANY inventory - it is all 
at the stores, so adjusting the HQ Database directly is going to be the 
wrong solution right from the outset.  Of course, as you stated, you haven't 
provided many details here, so maybe you're already way ahead of me here.

Good Luck!

-- 
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com
----------------------------------------------
Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the 
newsgroup so that all can share the information



"Bill Yater" <BillYater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:D0E6F0F4-4A4D-4F74-A2AE-62DB6BC6EB19@microsoft.com...
> We are planning on implementing RMS and Headquarters for our 
> multiple-store
> retail sales (do not have it installed yet). We are also going to have a
> virtual store, which will sell items from our brick-and-mortar store
> inventory. Without getting into too many details at this time, we have
> determined that the best way for us to accomplish our business needs is to
> have an external SQL database which will be used to keep track of
> brick-and-mortar store inventory and will also be used to record virtual
> store sales. We would then have triggers on this database and on the
> Headquarters database to update each other. Can triggers be written on the 
> HQ
> database, or is that database non-customizable? 


0
glenn1806 (721)
3/15/2005 10:18:27 PM
Maybe I've got the wrong impression, then. As I understood it, Headquarters 
is sort of a superset of the individual store databases. Either through 
actual tables or views, it contains all of the inventory and sales 
information for the stores. When a sale is made in an individual store, it is 
recorded in the RMS database, but also in the Headquarters database (through 
a batch update), and the inventory is depleted in the RMS system as well as 
in the Headquarters system.

What I would be wanting to accomplish is to fire a trigger in the 
Headquarters database which would add or update records in an external 
database. Are you saying that I would have to put the triggers on each of the 
RMS databases instead?

Bill


"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> In the RMS hierarchy, Headquarters does not carry ANY inventory - it is all 
> at the stores, so adjusting the HQ Database directly is going to be the 
> wrong solution right from the outset.  

0
BillYater (133)
3/16/2005 2:59:04 PM
The HQ Database does have the inventory and sales data for each store, but 
it is considered a 'snapshot'.  The Store Databases contain the 'data of 
record'.  The inventory numbers at HQ are really just a sum of the numbers 
at the stores.  You would probably only want to work against one store 
database, not all of them, but I don't know your requirements.

-- 
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com
----------------------------------------------
Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the 
newsgroup so that all can share the information



"Bill Yater" <BillYater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:35ECF527-B4AC-4324-A913-F31D42667469@microsoft.com...
> Maybe I've got the wrong impression, then. As I understood it, 
> Headquarters
> is sort of a superset of the individual store databases. Either through
> actual tables or views, it contains all of the inventory and sales
> information for the stores. When a sale is made in an individual store, it 
> is
> recorded in the RMS database, but also in the Headquarters database 
> (through
> a batch update), and the inventory is depleted in the RMS system as well 
> as
> in the Headquarters system.
>
> What I would be wanting to accomplish is to fire a trigger in the
> Headquarters database which would add or update records in an external
> database. Are you saying that I would have to put the triggers on each of 
> the
> RMS databases instead?
>
> Bill
>
>
> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
>
>> In the RMS hierarchy, Headquarters does not carry ANY inventory - it is 
>> all
>> at the stores, so adjusting the HQ Database directly is going to be the
>> wrong solution right from the outset.
> 


0
glenn1806 (721)
3/16/2005 3:15:42 PM
HEre's my situation: I will be setting up a web store which will be selling 
items from a warehouse, as well as from my brick-and-mortar  store stock. We 
have not been able to find a web integration component which will work with 
multiple stores or with Headquarters. 
What we are planning to do is to create an database, external to RMS and HQ, 
which will contain the summary inventory for all of the stores and the 
warehouse. This database will be populated through a series of triggers on 
our warehouse database (Radio Beacon), and through triggers on either the 
Headquarters database or on the individual store's RMS database. The web 
store will get it's product information and available inventory levels from 
this trigger-driven database. 
When an order is placed, we will create a web order in a dedicated copy of 
RMS. This copy of RMS is for virtual store sales only, and will not have an 
inventory of it's own. This allows us to record the sale, let it flow through 
naturally to our back-end accounting system (at this point, probably Great 
Plains) just like any sale in the brick-and-mortar store, we can use 
Headquarters to see overall sales (brick and mortar + virtual store), and we 
still maintain our inventory levels. 
Obvioulsy, this is not a complely fleshed-out process. There are still some 
significant unknowns, such as how to deplete brick-and-mortar store inventory 
when a web sale requires an item to be pulled from the store sales floor. I'm 
just trying to see if my approach described above is feasable, or if it's 
just wishful thinking.

Bill

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> The HQ Database does have the inventory and sales data for each store, but 
> it is considered a 'snapshot'.  The Store Databases contain the 'data of 
> record'.  The inventory numbers at HQ are really just a sum of the numbers 
> at the stores.  You would probably only want to work against one store 
> database, not all of them, but I don't know your requirements.
> 
> -- 
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> ----------------------------------------------
> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the 
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
> 
> 
> 
> "Bill Yater" <BillYater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:35ECF527-B4AC-4324-A913-F31D42667469@microsoft.com...
> > Maybe I've got the wrong impression, then. As I understood it, 
> > Headquarters
> > is sort of a superset of the individual store databases. Either through
> > actual tables or views, it contains all of the inventory and sales
> > information for the stores. When a sale is made in an individual store, it 
> > is
> > recorded in the RMS database, but also in the Headquarters database 
> > (through
> > a batch update), and the inventory is depleted in the RMS system as well 
> > as
> > in the Headquarters system.
> >
> > What I would be wanting to accomplish is to fire a trigger in the
> > Headquarters database which would add or update records in an external
> > database. Are you saying that I would have to put the triggers on each of 
> > the
> > RMS databases instead?
> >
> > Bill
> >
> >
> > "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
> >
> >> In the RMS hierarchy, Headquarters does not carry ANY inventory - it is 
> >> all
> >> at the stores, so adjusting the HQ Database directly is going to be the
> >> wrong solution right from the outset.
> > 
> 
> 
> 
0
BillYater (133)
3/17/2005 2:43:04 PM
Got an idea for the deleting inventory from brick and mortar to web store. 
Try testing the transfer inventory aspect.  It will remove it from the db 
from the brick and mortar.  I believe it will work as long as you don't have 
to transfer out sent to HQ.

-- 
Elizabeth M.
"Bill Yater" <BillYater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:EB781C12-D9A4-4373-92EC-2A9F54676C33@microsoft.com...
> HEre's my situation: I will be setting up a web store which will be 
> selling
> items from a warehouse, as well as from my brick-and-mortar  store stock. 
> We
> have not been able to find a web integration component which will work 
> with
> multiple stores or with Headquarters.
> What we are planning to do is to create an database, external to RMS and 
> HQ,
> which will contain the summary inventory for all of the stores and the
> warehouse. This database will be populated through a series of triggers on
> our warehouse database (Radio Beacon), and through triggers on either the
> Headquarters database or on the individual store's RMS database. The web
> store will get it's product information and available inventory levels 
> from
> this trigger-driven database.
> When an order is placed, we will create a web order in a dedicated copy of
> RMS. This copy of RMS is for virtual store sales only, and will not have 
> an
> inventory of it's own. This allows us to record the sale, let it flow 
> through
> naturally to our back-end accounting system (at this point, probably Great
> Plains) just like any sale in the brick-and-mortar store, we can use
> Headquarters to see overall sales (brick and mortar + virtual store), and 
> we
> still maintain our inventory levels.
> Obvioulsy, this is not a complely fleshed-out process. There are still 
> some
> significant unknowns, such as how to deplete brick-and-mortar store 
> inventory
> when a web sale requires an item to be pulled from the store sales floor. 
> I'm
> just trying to see if my approach described above is feasable, or if it's
> just wishful thinking.
>
> Bill
>
> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
>
>> The HQ Database does have the inventory and sales data for each store, 
>> but
>> it is considered a 'snapshot'.  The Store Databases contain the 'data of
>> record'.  The inventory numbers at HQ are really just a sum of the 
>> numbers
>> at the stores.  You would probably only want to work against one store
>> database, not all of them, but I don't know your requirements.
>>
>> -- 
>> Glenn Adams
>> Tiber Creek Consulting
>> http://www.tibercreek.com
>> glenn@tibercreek.com
>> ----------------------------------------------
>> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
>> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>>
>>
>>
>> "Bill Yater" <BillYater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:35ECF527-B4AC-4324-A913-F31D42667469@microsoft.com...
>> > Maybe I've got the wrong impression, then. As I understood it,
>> > Headquarters
>> > is sort of a superset of the individual store databases. Either through
>> > actual tables or views, it contains all of the inventory and sales
>> > information for the stores. When a sale is made in an individual store, 
>> > it
>> > is
>> > recorded in the RMS database, but also in the Headquarters database
>> > (through
>> > a batch update), and the inventory is depleted in the RMS system as 
>> > well
>> > as
>> > in the Headquarters system.
>> >
>> > What I would be wanting to accomplish is to fire a trigger in the
>> > Headquarters database which would add or update records in an external
>> > database. Are you saying that I would have to put the triggers on each 
>> > of
>> > the
>> > RMS databases instead?
>> >
>> > Bill
>> >
>> >
>> > "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
>> >
>> >> In the RMS hierarchy, Headquarters does not carry ANY inventory - it 
>> >> is
>> >> all
>> >> at the stores, so adjusting the HQ Database directly is going to be 
>> >> the
>> >> wrong solution right from the outset.
>> >
>>
>>
>> 


0
anonymous (74718)
3/17/2005 9:01:46 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Calling Dex Procedures from SQL
Is there any way to call dex procs from SQL or VB code? Jed There is an undocumented and unsupported method of calling Dex code from VBA. However, I know of no method of calling Dexterity from SQL. Please email me if you want an example, just remove the online. from the address below. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant MBS Services - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy. This p...

is SQL 2000 architecture different SQL Server 2005 / 2008 architecture?
Hi I have a book "inside SQL Server 2000" by Kalen Delaney, which I have been told is a good book. I am going backwards... reading about the sql server architecture in chapter 3 of the book. As I'm reading... I was wondering is it different SQL Server 2000 vs SQL Server 2005/2008? Also where can I find a book/or link that can give me more details about the internals on architecture? Thank you norm (normanchan@gmail.com) writes: > Hi I have a book "inside SQL Server 2000" by Kalen Delaney, which I > have been told is a good book. I am g...

Moving customizations from SQL 2k to SQL 2k5 CRM
This may be a non-issue but I wanted to check to see if anyone has done this and ran into issues. I have the XML customization files from our previous install of CRM 3.0 with SQL 2k database. I now want to import and publish these same customizations to CRM 3.0 on SQL 2k5. Has anyone done this or can point me to documentation that tells about the success or issues for doing this? Thanks. On 7 Feb., 06:35, Chris Treanor <ChrisTrea...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > This may be a non-issue but I wanted to check to see if anyone has done this > and ran into issues. > &...

Custom menu: action is not trigger
Hi, For the first time I am developping an Access application with a custom toolbar (menu) at the top. I have found various posting or web sites where people explain how to do the setup. In fact, I have followed the instructions coming from this web site. http://www.jamiessoftware.tk/articles/menubars.html When my application opens, I can see my custom menu at the top of the form. My problem is the following: when I click on an item in the menu, nothing happen !!! I have double-ckeck and I have really associated an action to the menu item. In fact I have tried to associate the menu item to a ...

CRM 3.0 Install Error with SQL Reporting Services and SQL 2005
Hi, Doing a CRM 3.0 Server installation. During the last page of the install wizard (or what I assume is the last page) when I goes through and does verification I get a red X next to SQL Reporting Services. The message I receive when I look at the details is: ***** The specified path is not a metabase path. Parameter name: path ***** Now SRS is installed and working. I put in the URL: http://<servername>/reportserver and every other variation on that I can find. Thoughts? Alan try http://servername/reports also assuming you did not use ssl... =======================...

sql summarizing help
Hi All, Given: table1 --------- id, cdate, weeksago, amount, typeid, timeclose 496, 2010-02-11, 0, 450, 3, 1 490, 2010-02-01, 1, 200, 4, 1 491, 2010-02-01, 1, 350, 2, 2 493, 2010-02-01, 1, 500, 5, 1 489, 2010-01-21, 3, 150, 2, 1 136, 2010-01-12, 4, 500, 3, 2 137, 2010-01-12, 4, 100, 3, 1 138, 2010-01-12, 4, 500, 2, 1 1. i'm trying to create a sql that will give me a summary resultset grouped by weeksago. 2. i want to sum the columns and get counts based on typeid. 3. avg of timeclose here's the sql i have: select weeksago, , (sum(timeClose)/(count(timeclo...

SQL 'for xml' and C# example??
I'm missing some piece of the puzzle. I'm using 'for xml' type queries from SQL2K - and now trying to change the front-end from ADO to C#, I can't quite figure it out.. It seems that I could use an XmlReader.. and somehow use that instead of a DataReader.. but that didn't work.. I tried using a DataReader and get the byte array - but that wasn't right. SQL returns formatted XML, I need to load that XML into an XmlDocument somehow without ANY molestation of that dom. Any ideas? Examples? Missing links???? thanks THANKS!! I've been looking for the answer to ...

Update multivalue field in table from form with SQL
Access 2007 on Vista I am using a form to establish the variables for a report before it is created. One field on the underlying table is a multivalue field, and the form includes a multi-select combo box control. After selections are made and the OK button on the multi-select combo drop down is clicked, focus moves to the next control. I have discovered though, that the underlying table does not update immediately, but does so correctly when I close the form. This sequence does not deliver the proper report data, so I need a way to immediately update the underlying table (m...

Refer to SQL statements globally
I have two large SQL statements that I need to use across several forms, reports, etc. Rather than repeat them in each form, I'm trying to store and reference them globally. For example, I'd like to store strSQL1 and strSQL2 in a global module, so I can use either like this in a form: Random form: Me!lstResults.RowSource = strSQL1 Random report: Me.Report.RecordSource = strSQL2 Would I just store the SQL statements in a global module like: Public Function SQLSource() As String Dim strSQL1 As String Dim strSQL2 As String strSQL1 = "SELECT blah blah...

To SQL or not to SQL?
I have a very vertical product developed 100% in M/S Access. I developed it myself in 1993 in the initial release of Access and been with it ever since. It is currently very stable and running in Access 2003. My big question is how or even *if* we should move it to SQL. My customers are getting bigger all the time with more users. Typically our customers run one or two workstations generally never more than 5. Performance, however, is starting to slow with database sizes passing 500 meg. We also have a LOT of code behind forms so are bound tightly to the Access development environ...

PostgreSQL or other SQL servers in RMS
Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 for large databases? David "dh" <dh@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1783A90D-AF3E-4D91-A445-0039D4E7E379@microsoft.com... > Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? > Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 > for > large databases? RMS has implemented only for MS SQL Server (2000/MSDE) and isn't possible to work with ano...

writeback to SQL 2005
hello! I use excel 2007 iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table. In my workbook i can now see this data from this table. if i change a value in some cell i wish to writeback to table in SQL server. Is this possible? It's possible through the use of VBA and ADO, but not simply using the data connection you've already established. Ross "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D54EC521-0DD5-4B3D-971B-4FF3394D6FA8@microsoft.com... > hello! I use excel 2007 > iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table...

sql.request #2
Does anyone have a comprehensible guide on how to use it that a dolt like me can follow? Every time I try I get a #N/A. The only guide I can find is at http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/UsingSqlRequest.zip but it's really hard to follow. From the MSDN Library: http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/office97/html/SEC41.asp Not sure how familiar you are with ODBC; but if you are getting #N/A as a result, it is usually because of problems either with the SQL syntax or the connection string. There are a few examples of connection strings in the re...

MSDE or SQL Personal or SQL Developer? or SQL Workstation?
Hi, which one is better for personal non-server computer? MSDE? SQL Personal? SQL Developer? SQL Workstation? Thank you. It depends on what edition of GP you are going to run. If you are going to use Professional, you need to go with SQL Server developer, assuming you are installing on a non-server OS. "ano" wrote: > Hi, which one is better for personal non-server computer? MSDE? SQL Personal? > SQL Developer? SQL Workstation? > Thank you. Is the function of SQL Developer the same as Enterprise edition? How about personal edition? Can it be used for GP Pro? Can dev...

Excel RoundUp in Transact-SQL
Last week I posted the following computation in Excel... roundup(roundup(rate * 500),4) - roundup(rate * 200,4) + polfee,2) ((6.108934 * (500000/1000)) - (200 * 6.108934) + 1311.51) = 3144.20 In SQL using round(num,4) = 3144.19 I've moded this to... round(num+0.0005,4) = 3144.20 This works most of the time but occasionally I'm still off from what Excel returns. I'm under 2% in my 342 calcs, so it's do-able and we'll explain if any client notes this that we've reduced their pmt by .01 cents. BUT, I'd still like a way to replicate Excel'...

Access frontend with SQL Server backend: my solution for ODBC Call error
Hi This thread follows threads I started in forums microsoft.public.access.forms, and microsoft.sqlserver.programming: 1. 'Overriding constraint violation message' at 21.04.2010 12:00; 2. 'Overriding constraint restriction message, when deleting record(s) from form' at 29.04.2010 10:36. The problem (Occurs in Access 2000 mdb as stated by MS and in Access 2007 mdb as I myself discovered): When record operation is aborted from SQL Server, Access gets the full information about error, but this info gets unaccessible at moment when OnError event is triggered. The...

GP 9.0 on SQL 2008
MBS has said GP 10 is supported on SQL Server 2008. However there is no information on support for GP 9.0 on SQL 2008. Does anyone have any real-world experience running GP 9.0 on SQL 2008 in a production environment? Thanks, John Dynamics GP 9.0 is not supported on Microsoft SQL Server 2008. This is an excerpt from the System Requirements page. Database Requirements: MSDE 2000 SP 4 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition SP 4 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition SP 4 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Workgroup Edition SP 4 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 (64-bit) SP 4 Microsoft SQL Serve...

SQL
Hi, i am new in Sql express i am trying to create a database in sql but i dont now how can i install the database in other computer or a server programmatically where the other computer have the sql and if is a server what i nead to do . or only what i need is a valid conection ; i use the localhots to identify any clinte machine but i dont now what i need to writh for the servers my conection is look like this as a defualt from MFC hr = _db.OpenFromInitializationString(L"Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=Data.mdf;Data Sour...

SQL Study Group
sql-study-group@googlegroups.com Please join for support our SQL Study Group ------=_NextPart_0001_3CECC08E Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit For those who want to join, the URL is http://groups.google.com/group/sql-study-group David Musgrave [MSFT] Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions) http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP Any views contained within are my personal views a...

How to trigger rules AFTER a message has been read?
I get a lot of emails (probably not the only one here...), and while i don't have time to file them all, I DO need to look at them. Without having to manually remember to run rules every so often, is there a more elegant way of doing this by triggering rules AFTER messages have been read? Thanks! You'll need a 3rd party tool to do this. I use auto-mate but there are others. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm#special -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 20...

SQL 2008 and SRS
I am using SQL 2005 with CRM 4.0 on one box and have to move CRM and SQL to seperate boxes. The SQL box will have SQL 2008 Standard. The consultant who will be doing the SQL work reminded me to install SRS. Is SRS included with SQL 2008 Standard? Thanks, John SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is part of 2008 Standard Edition. RLF "John" <bsmith@aol.com> wrote in message news:%23DpI1bfcKHA.808@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I am using SQL 2005 with CRM 4.0 on one box and have to move CRM and SQL to >seperate boxes. The SQL box will have SQL 2...

IM with SQL 2000 to SQL 2005
Can IM be used to take data from an SQL 2000 database for use with GP 8.0 running on SQL 2005. Basilcy I need to extract order information from a website running on SQL 2000 and insert in in GP 8.0 Possible? Thanks Terry Yes, you can use SQL Server 2000 databases as a data source for Integration Manager with GP 8 running on SQL 2000/2005. -- Charles Allen, MVP "TerryB" wrote: > Can IM be used to take data from an SQL 2000 database for use with GP 8.0 > running on SQL 2005. > > Basilcy I need to extract order information from a website running on SQL > 2...

T-SQL to PL-SQL
Hello, can sombody help me to translate that script in oracle? DECLARE @ID INT DECLARE CURSEURS_JOBS CURSOR FOR SELECT REF_RE_JOB_POSTING_ID FROM DM_RE_JOB_POSTING OPEN CURSEURS_JOBS FETCH CURSEURS_JOBS INTO @ID WHILE @@FETCH_STATUS = 0 BEGIN update DM_RE_JOB_POSTING set publishedI = (select CASE WHEN rjpd.internal = 1 and (rjp.internal_external in ('B','I')) THEN ( CASE WHEN rjpd.start_date is null and rjpd.end_date is not null and rjpd.end_date >= getdate() THEN ( SELECT 'I' ) WHEN rjpd.start_date is...

Connection to Sql-7 Database Fails
Hello All, Here is my problem. I have a Windows SBS 2003 Server with around 7 XP Clients. Since i have a SQL2000 database on the server, i installed a SQL7 database on one of the client machine which runs on XP. Now when my program access the same from database from the same machine it connects Now i tried to access the same database from a different XP machine , i am getting time out. Now if i give the user Administrative rights on my SBS server, i am able to connect to the machine. The problem seems with some security or rights issuse. How can my users connect to the dat...

Use the OBDC that GP10 creates when in SQL 2005
Some time back, when we first installed GP10 in our SQL2000, we were recommeded NOT to use the ODBC that GP10 created. We just upgraded to SQL2005 and fully installed all SPs. We also made clean install of GP10 under this engine. Should we the ODBC created by GP, or still use the use the same configuration of ODBC SQL2000? Is ther a link where we can click to and see step by step to create a proper ODBC for GP10? ...