special pricing

I am trying to figure out how to set special pricing for specific customers.
I already have retail, A & B pricing, with A being lowest, then B, and
retail being the highest price. I offer the different prices based on
volume.

Now, I am trying to set up a customer with special prices on a select number
of items. these prices are below A pricing, and i have been changing the
pricing on each transaction. this is very time consuming, and prone to
making mistakes. i would like to be able to set up a special pricing
structure for specific customers on a job by job basis, or for a set period
of time.  I am using rms 1.2, and I don't pay for support, so I cant access
customer source. any suggestions would be great

Jason J.

0
forjj (14)
4/20/2007 7:08:06 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi. I wrote a separate database in access that the customer records specific
pricing for customers and items, which creates an order in RMS.
if you need help doing that (it seems to work well for the client) let me
know.
-Jerry

"Jason" wrote:

> I am trying to figure out how to set special pricing for specific customers.
> I already have retail, A & B pricing, with A being lowest, then B, and
> retail being the highest price. I offer the different prices based on
> volume.
>
> Now, I am trying to set up a customer with special prices on a select number
> of items. these prices are below A pricing, and i have been changing the
> pricing on each transaction. this is very time consuming, and prone to
> making mistakes. i would like to be able to set up a special pricing
> structure for specific customers on a job by job basis, or for a set period
> of time.  I am using rms 1.2, and I don't pay for support, so I cant access
> customer source. any suggestions would be great
>
> Jason J.

0
JerryData (15)
4/20/2007 7:36:03 PM
Jason,

I recently installed a site using an add-in called Customer Price Matrix
which was supplied by Retail Realm. This allows you to apply specific items
or groups of items to individual customers by offsetting there price against
one of the preset existing prices.

Might be worth giving them a call

Marc

"JerryData" wrote:

> Hi. I wrote a separate database in access that the customer records specific
> pricing for customers and items, which creates an order in RMS.
> if you need help doing that (it seems to work well for the client) let me
> know.
> -Jerry
>
> "Jason" wrote:
>
> > I am trying to figure out how to set special pricing for specific customers.
> > I already have retail, A & B pricing, with A being lowest, then B, and
> > retail being the highest price. I offer the different prices based on
> > volume.
> >
> > Now, I am trying to set up a customer with special prices on a select number
> > of items. these prices are below A pricing, and i have been changing the
> > pricing on each transaction. this is very time consuming, and prone to
> > making mistakes. i would like to be able to set up a special pricing
> > structure for specific customers on a job by job basis, or for a set period
> > of time.  I am using rms 1.2, and I don't pay for support, so I cant access
> > customer source. any suggestions would be great
> >
> > Jason J.

Special Characters
Is there a quick way to convert all special characters to XML format for example '&' to & or '+' sign to ? ? MAF wrote: > Is there a quick way to convert all special characters to XML format for > example '&' to & or '+' sign to ? ? '&' needs to be escaped as & but the '+' sign does not need to be escaped in XML. How you do it depends on the .NET APIs you use, if you use an XmlTextWriter to create XML then the WriteString method for instance does the escaping for you. If you use the DOM th...

Can't Copy and Paste or Paste Special between Excel Workbooks
We have a number of Excel users in our office who cannot copy and paste between Excel workbooks. They can copy and paste between worksheets. When you highlight the section to copy and then go to the new workbook both the paste and paste special are "grayed out". This is true whether you right-click the mouse, go to the edit menu, or use control keys. This occurs with any data type and the most simple workbooks. I have seen some suggestions here but none have worked for this particular problem. I have reset the menus and renamed the .xlb files and neither helps. You can open t...

Price Lists and discounts
We are in the process of setting up Price Lists and so far, we have been setting up different price lists for different discounts. For example, we have price lists named Price, Price-10, Price-20 and so on for 10 and 20 percent discount. We are now exploring if trade discounts can be used instead and have all customers on the same Pricelist but with varying trade discounts. So if a customer receives 10% discount, then his price list is Price and trade discount is 10% on the customer. Does anyone have any inputs on one approach or the other. Is this what you are asking? Option 1 It...

Specialized ComboBox
Hi. I'm trying to create a combo box, dropdown style, which will enter the text in the edit field to the list box upon hitting enter key, and allow deletion of items from the list box. I'm affraid i have no clue as to how to do this - i thought about deriving from CComboBox and adding handler to keydown. but no idea as to how to exactly. Help will be much appreciated. Ori, You first need to find out if the user has swapped left & right mouse buttons (GetSystemMetrics(SM_SWAPBUTTON)). Then if the user has swapped mouse buttons you need to hook WM_LBUTTONUP, if the user has...

hq price change/purchase order issues?
So when making a purchase order in rms so manager it is easiest to update pricing changes there as you go. Now that we upgraded to the hq system we have to figure out which prices changed, go into hq make the changes, then post a worksheet. Isn't there a way to upload the changes from one store or sync the purchase orders or price changes? thanks arik hi arik, the hq is make so that each store will have its own prices due to the geographical locaiton and other factors. However you have global pricing also you and even generate the PO at hq level and then puss them to stores. let m...

escaping special characters with DataSet.WriteXml?
Howdy, Is there a way to explicitly escape special characters (particularly & (&) and ' (')) when writing a data set with the WriteXml method? I know this is supposed to happen automatically (according to MS), but in my case, it doesn't. I'm pulling data from MS-SQL with c#, filling data tables with SqlDataAdapter and a query, adding tables to a DataSet, then WriteXml to a file. Special characters aren't getting escaped. Yes, I've confirmed this by viewing the text directly, not viewing the file through IE, which will convert entities back to chara...

Special character in text column
I have a column defined as text field in MS Access 2003. I want to insert a string with prefixed of hex02, followed by Carriage Return, followed by Line Feed and ended with hex03. How do I do that manually? eg. (hex02 character)....This is a test.....(Carriage Return, Line Feed, hex03) Thanks Hex(2) & "....This is a test...." & vbCrLf & Hex(3) -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Alan T" <alanNOSPAMpltse@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:u1gDZXnUIHA.4280@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >...

Specials
We are having a special on item X for the month of December. With a the purchase of X comes a free A, B, and C. Now all these are compelety different items. Is there a way to set this up? I only see buy one get one free, buy x amount and get x% discount. Unfortunately i dont think RMS can deal with these kind of promotions - i have these sort running all the time, you can use the mix and match, but it makes the last item scanned the free one rather than the cheapest one, this is workable as long as the till staff know that the main item must be scanned first and then the items which a...

Changing Prices for

Price check station
I want to set up a price check station similar to what they have at walmart or target, where a customer can scan and check an item on the floor. I want to use my existing MS RMS database. Ideally, the system just shows the price and nothing else when they scan the item. has anyone ever set this up before? Hi, We do have a similar add on for price checks used with rms in super markets. For more info on us please refer site www.rmsstore.com.If you wish to see a demo please let us know Thanks "retailD" wrote: > I want to set up a price check station similar to what...

MSM 2003
Greetings. Does the ability to update stock/bond/mutual fund prices on-line go away once a product has passed out of active support? It seems my installed version of Money 2003 no longer has that capability. (I have not used that function for a long time) Thanks, Scott ...

2006 Special Offers
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C59420.040B7050 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable For a while I was getting notice to participate in the special offers (I = downloaded 06). I would always opt in but it would give me a server = error message. Now that notice has not come back in a few weeks. = Anyone have an ideas what is going on? adam ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C59420.040B7050 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable &l...

Special symbols
How can I display the special symbols in the 0-31 range in a CRichEditView? I have a .ttf font that contains the symbols but can't determine how to map the characters. Thanks ...

Looking up prices in Grid
Is there someone out there that can either help me with this or point me to an easy to understand website for help? (Wasn’t quite sure which forum to post this in. Sorry if it’s not in the correct one.) I am trying to figure out what price a client will have to pay based on the volume they will do and whether they use B/W or Color. It is based on the Grids below. For B/W, they will be using either ItemNo 21003 or 72027. For Color, they will be using either ItemNo 77100 or 77110. For example, Client is doing B/W and they do 1550 copies, the price for this job would be 0.26. Client ...

What is a difference between SPECIAL Transfer and Credit Card Paym
I have one checking account and several credit cards. The main transactions are: money transferred from checking to credit for monthly payments and sometimes balance transfers from the credit to checking. I am confused when i have a payment to credit card and it is showing on my checking account is it transfer or credit card payment? Because sometimes i get warning that the transaction will get unreconciled if i choose the credit card payment. What is a logic ? Credit Card Payment was invented for people who just couldn't get using Transfer to make a credit card payment. They func...

Price Money2004
I am in the process of upgrading to M2004 from the trial version. Can anubody tell me in the small print that we have to pay yearly for M2004 (Like Quicken) or only on upgrades. Thank YOu You can use Money 2004 without paying anything more for as long as you want. Money also does not have as much crap running in the background all the time like Intuit stuff does (or at least you can turn it off and it STAYS off). "Tony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1dc8c01c423b3$8beba190$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am in the process of upgrading to M2004 from ...

create price list from excel sheet
I have been using Excel 2003 to manage a list of approximately 200 items. This is a very simple list comprising of four or five fields one of which is the price. I prefer to use Excel to manage this data because it then becomes very simple for me to use formulas in order to calculate prices after changes or additions to the items. I would like to produce a simple A5 flyer listing all the items together with their prices. What will be the best way to do this? I have explored the possibility of exporting the Excel sheet into something like Microsoft publisher but I am looking for a fa...

Data Validation for Prices in Cells
Out of all the years I've used Excel I've never used data validation before and need help. I have a list of part numbers (Col.A), part descriptions (Col.B), and part prices (Col.C). I want to ensure the user enters a valid price in Col. C. It can be any price, but must be numeric. I have Col.C formatted as Accountanting. And ideas? Thanks in Advance! -- Cheers, Ryan Data/Validation --> Select Decimal? That will ensure the user enters a decimal number. You can use the min/max ranges to make sure the number is reasonable. The only thing this won't do i...

Problems with special characters in contact names
Hello, when I open a contact in CRM an click on the button "send eMail" I get an popup with an error 500. As far as I found out this only happes if the field "First Name" or "Last name" has german special characters like �, �, � in it. I'm using an english CRM with the german language pack. So the base language is english. This error occurs only if the base language is english. On a system with german base language it works all perfectly. I need to get it work on an installation with english base language. Does someone know how to solve this problem? Th...

paste special in outlook
I often use paste special (text) to paste lines from a telnet session into a mail. Can i have this set as default so all i need to do is paste (without the need to go to edit / paste special/select text / ok )? Or is there a shortcut i can use such as ctrl-v ? ...

How do I record this special transaction: Vodaphone
Hello I own some Vodaphone ADRs. In July they made a mandatory exchange - sadly using the same stock symbol. They exchanged .87 shares for every 1 share. I am using Money 2004 (standard) - how do I record this transaction? -- Leslie ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in th...

Seeking advice on how to print a price list
I am trying to produce a price list from a large Excel spreadsheet - it comes down to roughly 10000 items on three columns - I'd do it in Excel but want to get three columns to the page but don't want to manually format each page (the previous version was in this format and took roughly 60 pages of text) Copying and pasting into Word crashes Word while I've not been able to effectively figure out mail merge to create what I'd like. I'm using Office 2003 but do not believe there's any way to get Excel to print multi-column as I'd like to. Therefore I think I'm ...

How do I keep "SPECIAL" being auto-completed as "SPECIAL DELIVERY"?
Word 2004 OS. 10.6.2 I have occasion to type the word "SPECIAL" right-justified in capital letters. When I do, Word 2004 auto-completes it as "SPECIAL DELIVERY". How do I stop Word from doing this? ...

Perform special upgrade failed on one company
Just installed sp5 for GP 8.0 and the Dynamics and all company databases except one upgraded fine. I followed a TK and manually ran all *.cmp scripts from the tasks folder in Query Analyzer without errors. The company still has a red X next to it and users (including 'sa') are experiencing posting errors. When I try to upgrade that company again, I just get an message that an "error occurred upgrading <company name>" What should I try next? ...

entering special characters
I am useing WinXP with Office 2007 excel. I can not get <hex number>+<ALT>+<X> to work for Unicode hex numbers. I can insert useing the character map, but typing long strings of Math symbols is so slow this way. Every time I hit the <ALT> key, the ribbon numbering system pops up. If I use ASCII decimal, I can insert special characters form the keyboard using <ALT><ASCII decimal number>. The real problem is that some of the math symbols that I want to use are not in the ASCII char map but in the Unicode char map (hex numbers). Anybody know how to ...