SP3 Install Problems

I have copied SP3 to a cd-r and then went to the pos computer running Store Ops
(no online access) to install SP3. I got an error message Looking for
another CD.
Can SP3 be copied to a system from a cd.
0
chucky8822 (16)
9/14/2005 7:27:03 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

chucky8822,

It might be looking for the original MRMS install disk.  Try copying the
Microsoft Retail Management System Store Operations.msi file to the disk if
you only have Store Operations installed on this machine.

If you have HQ, copy the 2 .msi files from the HQ disk too.

--
*
"chucky8822" <chucky8822@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I have copied SP3 to a cd-r and then went to the pos computer running Store
Ops
(no online access) to install SP3. I got an error message Looking for
another CD.
Can SP3 be copied to a system from a cd.

0
spam3944 (2163)
9/14/2005 9:52:59 PM
Some registers will ask for the original RMS install disk when applying hot
fixes and service packs.  I've never figured out exactly what conditions
require it - it seems to happen randomly even on registers that I would
swear were identically configured.  Anyway, SP3 is distributed as a single
Executable file - just copy it from the CD to the Local Drive and run the
executable form there - after it's applied, you can delete the executable
package.  Yes, you can run the SP3 installer from a CD, you'll just have to
swap disks if you hit a register that wants the Store Ops Install CD...

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"chucky8822" <chucky8822@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have copied SP3 to a cd-r and then went to the pos computer running Store
>Ops
> (no online access) to install SP3. I got an error message Looking for
> another CD.
> Can SP3 be copied to a system from a cd.

0
glenn1806 (721)

Problem with View Source / Outlook 2000
I'm using Outlook 2000 and Win 2000, no problems now (had to reinstall Windows last week for unrelated reasons). I also use ZoneAlarm and Outlook has permission only to access the Trusted zone, not the Internet in general. Something has happened in the past couple of days. I got an email that looked blank in the preview pane. Usually this is a virus or spam in an HTML message, which I usually can't see, which is fine. I tried to look at the body of the message and see the code for the link that is advertised in the spam, to file a complaint. Usually I right click on the message...

Outlook 2003 "Inbox" problems
My new e-mails are coming to my "Unread Mail" instead of in my "Inbox". How can I correct this problem? Unread Mail is just a search folder, not a real folder. If you're not seeing those messages in your Inbox then either you have some kind of view/filter applied that is hiding those new messages from view in the Inbox or you've got a rule that is automatically moving the messages to some other subfolder. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The L...

ComboBox and Access 2003 with sp3
I have created a form that has one combo box on it, ftom the the user clicks on the list of available "account codes" then hits a command button that produces the report, It works fine in Access 2000, Access 2003 and Access 2007, now place the exact same data base in a machine with Access 2003 with SP3, the combo box text comes up blank - you can click on thr account codes and produce the report, but thr account codes are not visible - as if their font color is set to white (which is not) I have re-created the form in thr Access 2003 SP3 machine with no luck! Any ideas why? or...

dsum criteria problem
I have criteria SRM and SRM-NT (payroll codes) in table - dsum finds value for both instead of only SRM-NT which has values in table (SRM has no values) - also if SRM does have values in table, dsum picks up value for SRM plus values for SRM-NT and then SRM-NT shows correct value - sometimes I have been able to erase results in dsum results field, reenter formula and then correct values will appear - but not always - does anyone else have this problem when criteria contain same letters? Thanks for any assistance Change your criteria to: ="=SRM" Bill wrote: > I have criteria...

Strange CDC::MoveTo and CDC::MoveTo performance problem
Hi, I am writing a chart drawing program and encountered a strange performance problem with CDC::MoveTo and CDC::LineTo function calls. To avoid flickering, the program does the drawing on a memory device context(m_DrawDC) and then BitBlt to the real display device. Here is the code fragment: void CView::OnDraw(CDC* pDC) { .... if(m_DrawDC.CreateCompatibleDC(pDC)) { ... for(INT n=0;n<m_DataSeriesArray.GetSize();n++) { m_DataSeriesArray[n].PlotLine(&m_DrawDC); } ... pDC->BitBlt(0, 0, ClientRect.Width(), ClientRect.Height(), &m_DrawDC, 0, 0, SRCCOPY); } m_Dr...

Function problems
I need to create a formula that can update when new entries and entered in the rows of a single page spreadsheet. Here is the problem. This is a standardized format for my office so all I can do is fix their equation. The prior year numbers are on the 2nd row of the spreadsheet, and they enter new entires in successive rows on the form so that they can track staff strength numbers on a weekly basis for the entire year. They want an equation that will recompute the weekly comparison to the prior year's ttl number. I can't just use SUM because we're not tracking growth. W...

DOS..BAT VB Progamming problem
I have a program that prints to the screen. From a DOS window, or with a BAT file I can redirect the data to a file via the following command "Path Arg1 Arg2 >Filename. But, when I execute the BAT file from a VB program, using either Shell or FollowHyperlink, the output file is created or recreated but remains empty. Any help will be greatly appreciated. TomD Tom, The example below is an example of a technique that might work for you. In the example, I use the Exec method of the WScript.Shell object to capture the output of a program that would typically print to ...

mail merge problems
I'm making invites with 3 per page- mail merge places the same name on all 3 invite on that page, how do I get different names for each invite Is that what happens when you actually print it or are you just looking at the Print Preview? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Yaz" <Yaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8344E7B-5EFF-448D-83B7-258D18DAC7AB@microsoft.com... > I'm making invites with 3 per page- mail merge places the same name on all > 3 > invite on that page, how do I get different names for each invite What versio...

OWA Password expired problem
I am running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003 SP1. I just recently configured OWA to allow password changes using the Microsoft article found at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297121 . If my password has not expired and I proactively choose to change my password through OWA, everything works fine. The change password dialog box has a field for the domain which I can fill in, or use my account name myaccount@mydomain.com and everything works. However, If my password has expired and I am forced to change my password at the next login, this does not work. I encou...

Tech assignment in service call by problem code only
Currently in Service Call Management the tech assignement filter is based on item number and problem code. It would be quite helpful if we could filter by problem code only, item number only and a combination of both. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ht...

anyone else seen problem using LEN() function in Runtime?
HI. I have an applicaiton that for one of the combo boxes has a query that uses the Len() function to shorten the description length for sorting the list. Eg: Right([Partdescription],(Len([PartDescription])-11)) This was working fine - however having loaded the AccessRT.msp Runtime pre-release patch from microsoft to fix the SaveAsPDF addin problem the len function doesnt work. I have even tried to generate a standalone app that has a Form with a button and the VB code has a Msgbox Len([Me]![ErrorBox]) Under the runtime with the pre-release patch the msgbox does not display. Under ...

Problem with SetFocus
I am trying to set the focus of a form when some enters a duplicate value. The logic is correct, but the focus goes to the next field. All I want to do is blank the field and toggle back to that same field. The form is a datasheet view of another table. I would like duplicates to be allowed, but the end user is prevented from entering them. I am lost as to why this isn't working. Code below: Function checkTag() As Integer Dim db12 As Database Set db12 = CurrentDb Dim rs12 As Recordset Set rs12 = db12.OpenRecordset(Me.Name, dbOpenDynaset) rs12.MoveFirst rs12.FindFirst "[ServiceTa...

External Hardrive Problem
I recently had to restore my whole computer. After completing this process my "Maxtor One Touch Mini External Hardrive" will not appear in My computer or Windows eEplorer. Oddly It will show up in Computer Management, and the "Maxtor Manager". I am running Windows Xp. If anyone has a solution to this problem please let me know. -Thanks Psopcarter wrote: > I recently had to restore my whole computer. After completing this process my > "Maxtor One Touch Mini External Hardrive" will not appear in My computer or > Windows eEplorer. Oddly It wi...

Outlook Mobile Access (OMA) problem
Dear all, I have Exchange 2003 server and tried to activate the Outlook Mobile Access. I upgraded the OMA by applying the upgrade from MS website. I am getting the error below by using IE6 browser. What could be the problem? Thanks. Regards, Kueh. Server Error in '/OMA' Application. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appr...

There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.
Somebody knows because it passes this? As I solve it? Thank you very much. -- Valdov Omar Valdovino Post the entire NDR and the circumstances which generate it. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Valdov" <ovaldovNO@SPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message news:OnfgQxc1FHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Somebody knows because it passes this? As I solve it? > > Thank you very much. > > -- > > Valdov > Omar Valdovino > > > ...

Live Onecare Error: "INF Install Failure. Reason: Access is Denied
Hi, Sorry if this is the wrong discussion group. When Live OneCare starts its tune-up (the beginning of the first task in its list, "Remove unnecessary files") a popup box shows up saying "INF Install Failure. Reason: Access is Denied". I don't see anything int the Problem Reports And Solutions tool, nor do I see anything conspicuous in the Windows Event Viewer. I'm not sure if I need to be concerned, but I would like the notification to stop regardless. Any advice appreciated! Using Vista Home Pro on a Toshiba Satellite. Since this is a Macintosh Offi...

While installing CRM 4.0 I get this sql server error about
I can't figure out what this is. It's clear it's turned on. I didn't install SQL server 2005, it was already on the machine, but the CRM verification list keeps giving me this error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) Any help is greatly appreciated. Did you resolve this? I'm getting the sa...

Microsoft CRM Installation Problem Please Help
After installing Microsoft CRM 4.0 I tried accessing default.aspx and I get the following error. Please help!!! Error Description: CrmKey With Id = 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 Does Not Exist Error Details: CrmKey With Id = 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 Does Not Exist Full Stack: [CrmConfigObjectNotFoundException: CrmKey With Id = 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 Does Not Exist] at Microsoft.Crm.CrmKey.LoadExistingKey(Guid crmKeyId) at Microsoft.Crm.CrmKey..ctor(Guid crmKeyId, Boolean useCachedValues) at Microsoft.Crm.CrmKey.LoadKey(Guid keyId, Boolean useCachedV...

CountIf problem #4
Is there a formula to count every occurence of a character. The following formula counts the number of cells with the letter 's'. =COUNTIF(A1:F35,"*s*"). I need to have a count of all occurences of the letter 's'. So if there is 2 's' in one cell, the count will show this. Thanks for any help. Hi see your other post P.S.: please don't multipost -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jim wrote: > Is there a formula to count every occurence of a > character. The following formula counts the number of > cells with the letter 's'...

Problem with my forms authentication
In my asp.net mvc application, I am using forms authentication with my custom membership provider. One a user enters the wrong user name / password, an error message is shown on the Login page. But, when a user enters the correct user name / password, no error message is displayed the Login page refreshes and stays there, the user doesn't get redirected to view page1 as I have return Redirect(returnUrl); in the login action of controller. Actually, even the debugger doesn't go to my action method where I have break points. I am using vs2010 on windows vista enterp...

Point Of Sale WON'T INSTALL...HELP?!
I have tried to re-install Point Of Sale numerous times and keep getting the error 'Cannot configure Server...' I have just reformated and reinstalled Window XP Pro. I am trying to install POS via the CD. I have never had this problem before. I really need to get this up so I can c ontinue business! Maybe you could try downloading the sqlexpress 2005 from microsoft downloads and install that first. Also make sure you have service pack 2 & .net version 2 (at least). I hope that helps. -- -Jerry JR Data Inc. "eclectica" wrote: > I have tried to re-install Poi...

DPM 2007 sp1 Install
Hello, New install - on Windows Storage Server 2003. My Cybernetics miSAN V is direct attached and is recognized by the OS. DPM is not seeing the library. I cannot seem to find a troubleshooting document for this situation. TIA, SeanRinVA Make sure this library is support by DPM http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/systemcenter/dm/cc678583.aspx Also, install the latest drives and perform a "rescan" from the DPM console. -- Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA Houston, TX http://blogs.sivarajan.com/ http://publications....

Print Entire workbook problem
I've been printing multiple sheet workbooks, no problem. Then I added a new sheet, call it sheet 3. Now when I try to print "entire workbook" it prints sheets 1-2 then 4-11 then sheet 3. What's going on? If I try to print ot PDF it prints sheets 1-2, prompts to print, then sheet 3, prompts again, then 4-11, creating 3 separate pdf files. Odd thing is in both cases the printed page numbers are correct for entire workbook. Any help? Thanks, ...

Problem with secondary y axis
Using Excel 2002, I've created a column chart with 9 columns. Of those columns, 6 are simple and 3 are stacked. The 3rd of the 3 stacked columns is the last column on the chart reading from left to right. That column's value is much greater than those of the other 8 columns. The others have values ranging from 2.7 to 12, while the last column's value is 51.8. Having read about three alternative methods for dealing with the problem (logarithmic scale; broken y axis; and secondary y axis), I would like to use the secondary y axis method for the last column only. I've read what ...

Email problem #8
Hi! I need help about E-mail how can I setup E-mail for example if I have somthing like form to send and I se like this form how can I Send E-mail and that Microst Outlook don't open. Just like this form that I'm going too send too you. What should I do. Hello Are you referring to attachements? Please clarify. Thank you, This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "hadzic" wrote: > Hi! > > I need help about E-mail how can I setup E-mail for > example if I have somthing like form to send and I se > like ...