Something odd with 1.3...

I've a client who picked up on this one:  when he opens his Store Operations
POS by double clicking on his desktop icon, the logon box appears as normal.
When he fills in his User details and clicks Okay, the box disappears and
he's left looking at the Windows desktop while the POS is minimized on the
taskbar. When he clicks on the minimized app, it won't restore.  When he
right-clicks on the app and selects Restore from the menu, it won't restore.
Only when he right-clicks and selects Maximize from the menu will his
fullscreen POS appear. It started in the last few days- both of his front of
store machines were upgraded to RMS V. 1.3.1010 in mid-January and Automatic
Updates are switched off.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
0
tara (74)
3/9/2007 4:50:15 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

We've had this occur when somebody tries to double click on the item twice.
The solution we found was to make sure you wait 60 seconds or so for the
program to load before you try to click on it again.
Craig

"Tara" <Tara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've a client who picked up on this one:  when he opens his Store
> Operations
> POS by double clicking on his desktop icon, the logon box appears as
> normal.
> When he fills in his User details and clicks Okay, the box disappears and
> he's left looking at the Windows desktop while the POS is minimized on the
> taskbar. When he clicks on the minimized app, it won't restore.  When he
> right-clicks on the app and selects Restore from the menu, it won't
> restore.
> Only when he right-clicks and selects Maximize from the menu will his
> fullscreen POS appear. It started in the last few days- both of his front
> of
> store machines were upgraded to RMS V. 1.3.1010 in mid-January and
> Automatic
> Updates are switched off.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

0
craig6967 (916)
3/9/2007 5:27:16 PM
Hi Craig, Thanks for your quick response.  Yeah, I'm familiar with something
similar to that issue alright- when the icon is clicked on too many times,
the program doesn't appear at all but yet is visible in Task Manager where it
needs to be killed before attempting to open again. I'm pretty sure thats not
the problem as I experienced it myself while out on site with them and I'm
well aware that sometimes you need to wait a few seconds for the program to
respond. They've been using the system for some time now and are generally
fairly handy with it so I'm curious as to why this is only happening now.

"Craig" wrote:

> We've had this occur when somebody tries to double click on the item twice.
> The solution we found was to make sure you wait 60 seconds or so for the
> program to load before you try to click on it again.
> Craig
>
> "Tara" <Tara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've a client who picked up on this one:  when he opens his Store
> > Operations
> > POS by double clicking on his desktop icon, the logon box appears as
> > normal.
> > When he fills in his User details and clicks Okay, the box disappears and
> > he's left looking at the Windows desktop while the POS is minimized on the
> > taskbar. When he clicks on the minimized app, it won't restore.  When he
> > right-clicks on the app and selects Restore from the menu, it won't
> > restore.
> > Only when he right-clicks and selects Maximize from the menu will his
> > fullscreen POS appear. It started in the last few days- both of his front
> > of
> > store machines were upgraded to RMS V. 1.3.1010 in mid-January and
> > Automatic
> > Updates are switched off.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

0
tara (74)
3/9/2007 5:39:15 PM
There are two different things that happen here.

In the situation you described: Click the POS icon, only log on screen comes
up, it is usually that the computer has gone into a sleep mode, and you can
right click on the app on the lower toolbar and select maximize.

Or, when it hangs, then you just have to go into task manager and kill it
off.
--
Jocelyn

"Tara" wrote:

> I've a client who picked up on this one:  when he opens his Store Operations
> POS by double clicking on his desktop icon, the logon box appears as normal.
> When he fills in his User details and clicks Okay, the box disappears and
> he's left looking at the Windows desktop while the POS is minimized on the
> taskbar. When he clicks on the minimized app, it won't restore.  When he
> right-clicks on the app and selects Restore from the menu, it won't restore.
> Only when he right-clicks and selects Maximize from the menu will his
> fullscreen POS appear. It started in the last few days- both of his front of
> store machines were upgraded to RMS V. 1.3.1010 in mid-January and Automatic
> Updates are switched off.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
0
jocelynp (229)
3/9/2007 7:16:36 PM
having experienced this with one of my locations,I've found the Touch Screen
display properties where way out of wack. Try adjusting the Screen properties
within RMS (CTRL/F6) and see if that fixes your problem. If the other is you
problem
Have you users touch the startup Icon and hit enter on the keyboard to avoid
the Triple click problem.
Paul H
Eastern National

"jocelynp" wrote:

> There are two different things that happen here.
>
> In the situation you described: Click the POS icon, only log on screen comes
> up, it is usually that the computer has gone into a sleep mode, and you can
> right click on the app on the lower toolbar and select maximize.
>
> Or, when it hangs, then you just have to go into task manager and kill it
> off.
> --
> Jocelyn
>

> "Tara" wrote:
>
> > I've a client who picked up on this one:  when he opens his Store Operations
> > POS by double clicking on his desktop icon, the logon box appears as normal.
> > When he fills in his User details and clicks Okay, the box disappears and
> > he's left looking at the Windows desktop while the POS is minimized on the
> > taskbar. When he clicks on the minimized app, it won't restore.  When he
> > right-clicks on the app and selects Restore from the menu, it won't restore.
> > Only when he right-clicks and selects Maximize from the menu will his
> > fullscreen POS appear. It started in the last few days- both of his front of
> > store machines were upgraded to RMS V. 1.3.1010 in mid-January and Automatic
> > Updates are switched off.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
this is an old one...
If the user shuts down or logs out of windows while POS is Minimized,
POS will record fictitious Top and Left settings for the next session.
The program is not starting minimized, it is starting at some odd
location far above and to the left of the visible area of your screen.
After right clicking and maximizing the program, use Ctrl-F6 "Screen" to
change the window top and left values from {a large negative value} back
to zero.  Then close and reopen POS and it should come up normally.  You
can prevent this by removing the resizable border - also on Crtl-F6 as
this will keep the user from minimizing the program.

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

Tara wrote:
> I've a client who picked up on this one:  when he opens his Store Operations
> POS by double clicking on his desktop icon, the logon box appears as normal.
> When he fills in his User details and clicks Okay, the box disappears and
> he's left looking at the Windows desktop while the POS is minimized on the
> taskbar. When he clicks on the minimized app, it won't restore.  When he
> right-clicks on the app and selects Restore from the menu, it won't restore.
> Only when he right-clicks and selects Maximize from the menu will his
> fullscreen POS appear. It started in the last few days- both of his front of
> store machines were upgraded to RMS V. 1.3.1010 in mid-January and Automatic
> Updates are switched off.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
0
glenn9672 (1267)

Entering the same data for 3 reports 1 time.
I have to do 3 reports for work. They basically have the same information on them but different orientation. The first report requires more data than the 2nd and 3rd report. Is there a way to enter the data in the 1st report and the relavent data trickle down to the other reports. Thx >I have to do 3 reports for work. They basically have the same > information on them but different orientation. have a look at this: Palo www.jedox.com it's free (if you do not need the internet server). arno In sort, the answer will inevitably be yes, but I think more detail would be requir...

Odd mailbox behavior...corruption?
Native mode Ex2003 Standard SP1 on Win2003 in Win2003 Interim Mode domain. Many (but not all) mailboxes are reported through System Manager and through Outlook mailbox properties as being larger than they actually are. Often, a lot larger. In one case, a user's Outbox folder was reported as being over 50MB when, in fact, it was empty. We have Deleted Items Retention turned on, but for these mailboxes, users can't use Recover Deleted Items. When they select the item and click the Recover button, the item disappears from Recover Deleted Items but never appears in the Deleted Item...

moving files #3
how do I move outlook back-up files to a new computer the old one <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how do I move outlook back-up files to a new computer You don't need to ask more than once. http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Tracking Links in CRM 3.0
Hi everyone, I wanted to know if anyone had a method of : 1) tracking users click throughs in crm 3.0 in sent e-mail. It would be great to know which links users clicked on. 2) Sending html/css e-mails to contacts. This also cannot be done out of the box. Any suggestions would be great, especially solutions that don't involve buying 3rd party software. If there is a way to modify crm 3.0 with crm sdk to do these please comment. ...

In publisher when I send 1 page by email do only some hyperlinks #3
I have created a one page document, with about 30 hyperlinks to web pages, when I send it by email why do only some of the hyperlinks work, even though they all work when previewed as a web page. -- dave ...

Why CELL("format",A1) doesn't return something like "#.##"? ...and other rants
I'm trying to compare the displayed value of two formatted cells. The idea is to detect the equality between 1.2345 and 1.23 when the format is "#.##" without resorting to VBA. This is Excel 2000, SP3. So I decided that this might work (may be wrapped): =IF(TEXT(A1,CELL("format",A1))=TEXT(B1,CELL("format",B1)),"equal","unequal") Unfortunately, CELL("format",A1) returns "F2", which is incompatible with the format string required by the TEXT() worksheet function. The above conditional actually evaluates to "equa...

CRM 1.2 Data migration
This is my scenario: SMB WIN2003 running CRM 1.2 I need to migrate the data from the SMBWIN2003 server to a serve running MS Enterprise Win2003. Please note below is a copy and paste from the Small Business server documentation: Windows Small Business Server 2003 Limitations One domain- You can have only one domain on a Small Business network. In addtion, this domain must be the root of the forest No trust relationships. Because only one domain is supported on a Small Business Server network, there can be no trust realtionships with other domains. This restriction on trust rel...

3-D Effects
Is there a setting I need to turn on for 3-D effects? I tried to highlight letter in text box and nothing. Hi Claudia (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is there a setting I need to turn on for 3-D effects? I || tried to highlight letter in text box and nothing. 3D Effects works with objects, not text. Also be sure your objects have a border applied. Publisher 2003 automatically adds a border to objects for 3D effects, but Publisher 2002 doesn't. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kv...

Inbox #3
This is a problem that is random and ive checked all settings and i dont know how to fix it. At random when I go to my inbox it will redirect me to a search engine. In the address bar it has outlook:inbox it shows the messages real fast and then it takes me to this page: http://www.jraun.com/search.php?search=outlook:Inbox. I can hardly access my inbox because it does it at random and there may be days it will go to the search engine. If someone could help me correct this problem that would be great. Thanks, Joe See the AdAware and Spybot section below.... *** Good security hous...

Something strange is going on
Hello; Just installed OFF2004 and tried online registration. First, a message came up (Safari) that the Security Certificate for the site could not be confirmed and that it might be fake (or something to that effect.) I elected to continue. Then I arrive at first registration page which requires that I sign-in to Microsoft Passport (with which I am not familiar.) In the e-mail address field is a default e-mail address; not mine but a that of friend of mine with a @hotmail address. Why is her address there, and not mine or anyone else on my address book? I tried several times and the same ad...

something more about it
thanks for your help. sorry to let me ask something more about it. Function getval(v, chara, chara1, chara2, chara3, chara4) getval = v End Function Sub funtest() v = 123 c = "ok" c1 = "ok" c2 = "ok" c3 = "ok" c4 = "ok" c5 = "ok" ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=getval(" & v & "," & c & "," & c1 & "," & c2 & "," & c3 & "," & c4 & ")" 'ActiveCell = "=getval(" + v + "," + c + ")" End Su...

CRM 3.0 Campaigns
Hi, Can anyone point me to a detailed article highlighting the steps/ functionality of a how to create, deploy, manage, a CRM Campaign? I have looked but most articles just talk about possibilities without any groundwork on how to get there. Thanks, Matt maybe this will help: http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/3/b/13bff997-8c18-4f7b-a87b-d7bebc95ad4d/Microsoft%20Dynamics%20CRM%203%20Marketing%20Automation.pdf Koren Castor Advanced Solutions http://www.castorsoft.com "matts@brodaseating.com" wrote: > Hi, > > Can anyone point me to a detailed article highlightin...

Am I missing something on manual duplex?
I have used Word 2003 to produce an A5 booklet....and in the print dialogue there is a "manual duplex" option. Using that, Word kindly prints one side of the page, then it tells me when to remove the paper, turn it over and it prints the reverse. Nice and easy. I can't seem to find the same in Publisher....of course, Publisher being part of the same Office Suite would mean that the dialogues are different to Word! I have downloaded and installed the add-in for duplex printing but that doesn't seem to work half the time....there's no help file anywhere and no walk-throu...

550 5.7.1 Unable to relay?
My manager received the following NDR after trying to reply to an external email address: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: user@external.com on 7/7/2005 1:42 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mybridgehead.mydomain.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@external.com> So he is simply replying to an external email he received and my bridgehead server is saying he is trying to relay through it? I have seen this before, and most of the time if the person just tries to resend it will...

archive #3
How do I open something that I have archived in Outlook 2000? -B See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/readarchive.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0cd601c39ef4$0ed736e0$a101280a@phx.gbl, bonnie wrote: > How do I open something that I have archived in Outlook > 2000? > > -B ...

something accessing my HD once per second
Sometimes something accesses my HD once every second for long period of time. Is there an easy way to find out what this is? -- Replace you know what by j to email Jan Philips wrote: > Sometimes something accesses my HD once every second for long period > of time. Is there an easy way to find out what this is? Easy is relative... http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html CurrPorts: Monitoring TCP/IP network connections on Windows http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897437.aspx TCPView for Windows http://www.wireshark.org/ Wireshark � Go deep. Jo...

Publisher cannot open file #3
After I pasted a table from Excel my pub cannot be open anymore. Anyone knows a solution to this? I don't want to start all over again... Thanks Specifically what error are you getting? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Grazyna & Maciek" <gm_u@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:R%g6e.20937$7Q4.20076@clgrps13... > After I pasted a table from Excel my pub cannot be open anymore. Anyone > knows a solution to this? I don't want to start all over again... > Thanks > > "Publisher cannot open the file" - it's as if the f...

CRM 1.2 pro or standard
does anyone know if the action pack release of 1.2 will be standard or professional? Also, is the msdn universal version pro or standard? Shawn, My understanding of it is that the Action Pack is a Standard license while the MSDN is a Universal. However, the MSDN license is not valid to be used in a production mode, only for testing, developement & demoes. Matt "Shawn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:024e01c3caa1$fa3e5400$a501280a@phx.gbl... does anyone know if the action pack release of 1.2 will be standard or professional? Also, is the msd...

Windows server standard edition sp 1 to update to sp2
hi, I have Windows server standard edition sp 1 I try my best to update this version to Windows server standard edition sp 2 but I cant update because the mgs. saying windows server sp 2 not install plese help to solve this promblem faizal wrote: > I have Windows server standard edition sp 1 I try my best to update > this version to Windows server standard edition sp 2 but I cant > update because the mgs. saying windows server sp 2 not install > plese help to solve this promblem Windows Server what? 2000? 2003? 2008? 32-bit? 64-bit? R2? Start button --> ...

Using AND or Something?
Easy one for the pros but it has me scratching my head in frustration. So here goes. [TrainDocTbl] is indexed on autonumber field [TrainDocID]. The table includes a field [TrainDocName] that will contain 15 to 20 records. The records are for the different certifications that the employees have. Every employee has one common certification but there are employees that may have 2, 3, or more additional certification that must be tracked. The db is form based and my dilemma is constructing a query and listbox that would allow multiple selections of the certification types. I just...

3.5" floppy disk troubleshooting
my problem is with my floppy disk. i'm unable to open my disk in ms word computers at local libraries i've been using recently. these two messages pop up everytime i try to open my disk; "a: / ' is not recognized. it may not be formatted". and " the floppy disk in drive A: is not formatted or has been formatted for a Macintosh". On 28/5/04 1:42 am, in article 13d8d01c4444c$99470c30$a001280a@phx.gbl, "don wilkey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > my problem is with my floppy disk. i'm unable to open my > disk in ms w...

How to Calculate something
Hi i hope some one can give me a hand i have this example in excel where i have the month in this example its Apr and then i have the table below it and what i want is it to calculate where is the Apr is right up to Jan I thought i could do it with the SUMIF but it does not really want to work maybe some one else has an idea Apr Jan 1912 Feb 1997 Mar 1619 Apr 722 May 687 Jun 1084 Jul 346 Aug 1002 Sep 1030 Oct 1011 Nov 958 Dec 847 Jan 783 Feb 785 Say your data is in columns A & B. In C1 we have: Apr In D1 enter: =SUM(B1:IND...

I did it too- something different
For the first time in almost a decade, I have put together a website. It's a work in progress and I am trying to keep it simple - no Flash, animated graphics, ornate backgrounds. It's all about stuff happening in my realm, something like a one-stop site for people in my circulation area. The address is www.mcvcourier.com If you have any comments, please let me know. (I know, Off-topic!) Mike Hey, Mike, looks pretty good to me... Did you use Publisher? I had forgotten you were in Cincinnati. You will have to look up my son if you ever get to UC. He is an adjunct professor and ...

downloading problems #3
I have Money 2005 and have downloaded bank data without any problems for 2 years. All of a sudden I get an error message. I have already tried a quick file repair and a standard repair and neither has solved the problem. In microsoft.public.money, rmos wrote: >I have Money 2005 and have downloaded bank data without any problems for 2 >years. All of a sudden I get an error message. I have already tried a quick >file repair and a standard repair and neither has solved the problem. If http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx . indicates data for your bank is "prov...

Something Similar to MsgBox
Is there something similar to MsgBox that can be called via macro, only instead of a message, I could put a couple of buttons inside of it giving the user a choice of which sheet to jump to? documike You could use a user form. I created one and then put 3 command buttons on it. You would use this code, in a standard module to launch the form (UserForm1) Sub ShowFrm1() UserForm1.Show End Sub and this code would sit behind each button Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate Unload Me End Sub Private Sub CommandButton2_Click() Worksheets("She...