Shipping Cost into Item Cost

Hi, I am a retailer of apparel, and shipping costs usually account for about
2-5% of the actual cost of the item. Because sometimes different suppliers
have different item costs, I try to include the shipping costs into the item
costs in my purchase order.

What exactly happens when I put a value into the shipping option, rather
than figuring out the shipping cost per item and adding it into my item cost?
Is there a way for me to have it automatically share that shipping cost into
the item cost?

THANKS!
0
satyan (3)
8/19/2005 10:13:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Recovered Items 12-31-09
I have read a couple of posts in this group re the subject as discussed by Messrs Sommer, Aldwinckle, White et al - I cannot say I am anymore enlightened re this subject - but that's me. I installed WLM on 16 Nov 2009 - all went well. Since then, there has been a build up of items in 'Recovered.' All have a date and time, but no indication as to their content etc. When clicked on, they have no message to display, and having read the other threads on the subject, this appears to be the norm. A right click does give certain options, one of which is delete. If these items ...

adding items to a matrix
When adding existing items to an existing matrix it would be nice to be able to select multiple items to add at one time. We deal with shoes. New colors in exisitng styles are added 4-5 times per year so this requires adding the new items (we usually copy and existing like-item and re-number and re-describe it to reflect the new color), then add those new items to an existing matrix. If we were to add 20 sizes in a shoe in a new color, we would have to create 20 new items, then add them one-by-one to the existing matrix (a total of 40 tasks). If a user were able to multi select ite...

Partially invoicing a Drop-Ship Order Linked to a Drop-Ship PO
Can you partially invoice a drop-ship order in SOP that is linked to a drop-ship PO? We received an invoice from one of our vendors that was for a drop- ship PO we issued to them. They did not ship the complete order...only a partial. We matched the partial invoice to the drop- ship PO and processed it, but now need to invoice the customer for the partial. In the drop-ship order in SOP, it shows the quantity fulfilled for the line item as the amount from the vendor invoice, but in the Quantity to Invoice field, it shows the total quantity ordered when the customer placed the order. Is the...

Delegates
I have an account set up for IT Support in my dept that I share with another colleague by delegating full rights to each of us. Users send email to the itsupport account and we reply on behalf of that account. The problem is that when I reply on behalf of the itsupport account, my sent mail is stored in MY Sent Items - I want it stored in the Sent Items of the itsupport account so my colleague knows what has been written. I thought I could create a rule in my Outlook that would check outgoing mail and if it was sent on behalf of itsupport then I'd move it to the itsupport Sent Items....b...

PO Ship to Address is Blank
I am using the POP Blank Invoice and I don't get any information appearing in the Ship to field. This is a field from the Printed Document List, but I am unusre as to why it is blank on my report. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Craig Craig In the PO Entry window, Click the Arrow next to Vendor ID that opens Vendor ID expansion window where You have to look for Ship To lookup field. A Tick mark shall appear next to Ship To Field, if setup properly in Company Addresses Window. I'm suspecting the PO in question is missing this Ship To field which is why, You're ...

Tax on shipping #3
How can I have sales tax applied to shipping charges using the RMS shipping function? Will they apply the same as they do for items on the invoice? Thanks, Dan Rishworth Enduro Sport, Inc. Toronto, Canada -- Dan Rishworth Enduro Sport, Inc. Tel: 416-449-0432 x26 http://www.endurosport.com/ Dan, Not until 2.0 in Jan 07 -- = Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with...

Our organization needs Drop Ship in GP8.0 and later.it was in 7.5
The drop Ship feature has been eliminated from 8.0, why?! It was a tool that we had seen in 7.5 and was part of our decision to purchase GP. This feature will save hundreds of man hours on an annual basis. Please consider updating or loading it into updates. Crucial!!!! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and th...

Inventory Cost Update #2
WE receive rolls of plastic film into inventory at a unit cost. WE then send some of them out to be printed on. We then receive them back into inventory-albeit at a different SKU. The item coems back into inventory with a new cost element. Any suggestion as to how to streamline this process?? Thanks, Dick at VPI ...

Shipping and Handling
Is there any report that I can call up that tells me what my shipping and handling charges are for a particular period? We use the function in POS; we create a new customer every time and fill in the s&h this way....any way of tracking this?? Thanks CT ...

Sorting highlighted items.
I am currently using Excel 2000. I have numerous rows highlighted randomly in a very large spreadsheet. Is there any way to sort or filter the spread sheet to gater all of the highlighted items together? There is no other common factor amongst these rows except that they have been highlighted, what is the easiest way to capture these particular items from this spreadsheet? George - By "highlight" do you mean you have filled the row with color? Either way, check out this website http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search? q=group:*excel* and enter in 'sort colored ...

Office 2000
When I send emails out, I see them in my Outbox folder and then I hit the Send/Receive button and they do not appear in the Sent Items folder. I have checked the Tools/Options/Preferences/E-mail Options area and made sure that the Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder box is checked. Is there something that I am missing? Thanks, Doug What view do you have set on the Sent Items folder? Unread messages? Change it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted witho...

Drop Ship Purchase Order Returns
When we try and do a return or a return with credit against a drop ship purchase order we are always blocked by an error message stating "You can't return against a Drop Ship or a Drop Ship blanket purchase order". Is there a way to work around this limitation? why is the limitation there in the first place? Thank you for your help. I too would like this to change. I guess the theory was if it's drop-shipped to your customer you don't have it on site to return. "Claude Garceau" wrote: > When we try and do a return or a return with credit against a d...

USPS Shipping and UPS Shipping.
Is it possible for USPS to automatically retrieve Rates from the USPS sever? IF SO, what steps do I need to take inorder to automatically retrieve these rates. What Integration options are available for UPS Worldship. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions. Nathan Jenkins IT Manager Try ship Rush works with RMS and updates the rates "Platinum Records" <PlatinumRecords@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:126C036D-E4BA-40F4-9BC0-3E98BE49D74D@microsoft.com... > Is it possible for USPS to automatically retrieve Rates from the USPS > sever? &...

Item Inquiry Window
V9, service pack 2. I am looking at the Item Inquiry window, the on order quantity has a drill back feature that usually has a quantity in it. When we drill back on it we see the PO lines from the Purchase Order Processing Item Inquiry window. However some of our items have a zero for the on order quantity and some have an actual quantity in this field. The items with the zero for the on order, if we drill back on it, we see the PO lines and quantities. Has anyone else seen this happen? any reason why some items would show zero, but quantities if you drill back? thanks! -- Doug ...

templates for shipping containers
I was looking for a template or such to mimic a shipping container. 8x40 or 8x20 to use for packing and stacking. Any Ideas? Maybe for visio? I have not come across any yet, but you can use clipart or other images. Depending on how the other shapes look (are they perspective or a flat on view?) The images at one of these sites may be a start. http://www.sosconsultants.com.au/customer_information_ocean.php http://www.freightraders.co.nz/containerspecs.html John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://visio.mvps.org/VBA.htm...

Spreadsheet of seven types of items
The first item will be the date. The second item will be purpose in text. The third, fourth, fifth, and sixth items will be numerical data. The seventh item will be numerical data. The third, fouth, fifth items will be totaled at the end of each month, and again at the end of the year. If an item is blank, the value should be taken as zero. Thank you. -- Dale, K6ZTI "Dale" <k6zti@hotmail.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message news:3928AB2D-C992-42D3-8023-F40BD95592E6@microsoft.com... > The first item will be the date. > The second item will be purpose in text. > The th...

Discontiuned inventory items
Once an item in inventory has been marked as discontinued and has a quantity on hand of zero, the user should have the option of removing it from lookup lists throughout the sales order processing and inventory modules WITHOUT removing history for the item and deleting the item. Can you please tell me how to do this? Is there a way to get the quantity to zero so that I can delete it? We are changing part numbers (again). I have over 700 parts in GP's and need only about 75 and I have never, in five years, been able to figure out how to do this. Any help you can give me would ...

Tax Schedule on Drop Ship Purchase Orders 09-22-10
We have a situation here and can't seem to find the cause of it, using the same vendor/item for both a Standard and a Drop Ship purchase orders we get different results with the tax schedule. GP correctly loads the tax schedule for Standard purchase orders but not for Drop Ship ones, we get no tax schedule at all when using Drop Ship POs... Is there a setting that controls this or is it another "undocumented" GP function? Thank you for your help. ...

Apparent eConnect 10 bug: Shipping Type = Pickup on Drop Ship POs
I've run into what appears to be an obscure eConnect 10 bug. I am able to reproduce it using GP 10 SP2 and eConnect SP2. When importing a drop ship PO, if the Ship Method has a Shipping Type of Pickup, the eConnect_EntryPoint method will throw the following unhandled error: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'CONTACT', table 'PROD.dbo.POP10110'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. The statement has been terminated. The stored procedure appears to have an internal error that causes it to try and insert NULL values into the address fields of the PO ...

Deposit on sales order, transfer partial amount to invoice as ship
Hi, Is there an option/addon for transferring a partial deposit amount to an invoice. Currently when transferring to an invoice, the box can be checked to "Include Totals and Deposits", this transfers the full amount of the deposit. We have large orders that a customer sends a deposit for, then the order is shipped/invoiced in stages during the next 12-16 months. Each invoice must include a portion of the original deposit. Thanks, Glen Glen, There is no way to do this as you said, but how about recording the deposit as a cash receipt in the Receivables module (Transactions ...

Inventory Cost Update
Hi All, I have a issue in inventory, i have received an item with unit cost at 1200.00 US$, When the item was transferred from WareHouse to Other Site the Unit cost changed to 1000.00 US$, since item is Average Perpetual method. Now i want to adjust the cost of inventory for that site which is shot of 200.00 US$ How can i do that? Utilitise --> Adjust cost (Will update only Receipts cost i suppose). Thanks Versions 9, 10, and later are designed to have costs roll down when you add receipt layers or adjust costs, prior to the latest date in the system. This affects all 3 perp...

Project Accounting: Default cost category
Allow a budgeted cost category to be the 'default' during transaction entry. This would speed data entry and mitigate entry errors. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/...

Shipping charges on a backorder
When making a sale and you have some items that are backorderd, the shipping charge will go on to the baceorded transaction. We need the the shipping charge to go on the sales transaction and not on the backorder. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http...

Tax on Shipping
Hello. can the RMS shipping function be changed so that there is tax charged on shipping. We are in Canada and have to charge tax on shipping by law. Thanks, Al ...

Last item in Combo Box
I have a combo box where you can select the employee assigned to a project. In the combo box there is also a "Not Assigned to Company" optin that can be selected. Is there a way to sort by employee, but also have this "Not Assigned to Company" as the last item listed on the drop down list even though it not last if put in Ascending order? I've done this by adding a numeric Sort column to the combox's source table and using that in the order by portion of the combox row source. Supe wrote: >I have a combo box where you can select the employee assigned to a...