Setting item class to inactive

Every year, we set a bunch of items in our item master to inactive (using the
Inventory Wizard). These are matrix items, and although every item in the
class may be inactive, the item class itself is still showing up on our item
lookup. This is a real pain to search through. Some of these items are three
or four years old, and may have the same or similar desctiption as a current
item, which makes it confusing for our store managers. I don't want to delete
the ItemClass record, since we use those records for a number of custom
reports based on historical data.

I would make two suggestions: add an Inactive field to the Item Class table,
so classes can be set to inactive in the same way as individual items, and
expand the inventory wizard to allow data changes to be made on a class level
(ex: change the inactive flag on a class, and it sets all items in that class
to inactive. Similarly, change the matrix lookup code or class description on
a class, and have that change reflected in every item in that class)

--
Bill Yater
The Worth Collection

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ba60ea97-4edb-41e2-bc9a-a287d230ea87&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
BillYater (133)
2/15/2007 4:03:57 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Thank you for your suggestion on item class options. We are considering this for future versions.

<Bill Yater> wrote:

[...]

danreed (42)

OWA Set Rule problem

how to return serial number of serialized item that was just scann
is there a property that will return the serial number of the item just added if the item is serialized? i need to set the value of a variable with this serial number, to populate a text field in a userform. is this possible? thank you, kevin I don't know if this is it but have you tried... TransactionEntry.Serialized Property The Serialized property gets the serialized item for the transaction entry. Public Property Get Serialized( ) As SerializedItem Property Value SerializedItem object that contains the serialized item for the transaction entry. If the item for the transaction...

setting up new outlook mail account

Viewing recurring Items
I've just set up about 14 annually recurring items in my calendar. When I go to View-Current View-Recurring Items it only shows those items that occur weekly. Similarly when I go to View-Current View-by category it displays NONE of these items even though they have all been categorised with the same category. What's going on? (They display in the day-week-month view perfectly normally....) "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:%23YnlScKkHHA.2272@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I've just set up about 14 annually recurring items in my cale...

How to set backcolour

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Create one class in order to connect with multiple tables.
Create one class in order to connect with multiple tables. I always create one new class for one table in order to connect it via wizard. So,I had created ten classes for ten tables. Can you teache me how to create one new class which it can connect to multiple tables? Thanks in advance. Sam, I would assume that you are referening the MFC ODBC classes - specifically the CRecordset. If that is the case, then you have but a few options. If your recordsets are read-only, then you do not have to use a derived class - you can create an object of CRecordset, and use one of the GetFeildValue...

Reading Pane Settings

interactive buttons, multiple sets

How do I set OOR

viewing deleted items that are outgoing "sent" messages
Version: 2004 Processor: Power PC Hi: I was able to view my deleted messages in the "deleted items" folder until recently. I am still able to view the deleted items that are incoming messages, but the outgoing messages or "sent" messages have completely disappeared. Can someone please advise on how I can fix this? Thank you. Diana "Diana_Kim@officeformac.com" wrote: > I was able to view my deleted messages in the "deleted items" folder until > recently. I am still able to view the deleted items that are incoming > messages, but the outgoing...

Java vs. C++ (Date class)
I'm porting some Java code into C++. Which class I should use instead Date class? Note that Date support miliseconds. Also, which class I should use instead of Vector class? std::vector? "Petar Popara" <my.fake@mail.net> wrote in message news:uG6VGpUfFHA.2424@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > > I'm porting some Java code into C++. Which class I should use instead Date > class? Note that Date support miliseconds. Oh dear. Both the Java and the C++ date classes do assorted odd things with time zones and "daylight saving"; neither is documented fully or ...

Set Focus

What is the difference between Inactive and Terminated statuses?
In Health Insurance Enrollment window, there is a field called Benefit Status where there are, among other options, the option to Inactive or to Terminate a benefit. According to the Human Resources Help, Inactive is intended to be used "if the employee is no longer enrolled in the benefit", and Terminated "if the employee chose to terminate the benefit coverage." What is the real difference? What happens when one option is selected over the other? How is payroll affected? -- Hector Herrera Business Systems Analyst II Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundat...

Publisher 2003 Need to set business card to Avery 5371 setting
I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will print on Avery 5371 business cards Okay.........and your question is? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jonathan" <Jonathan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:187615DD-9EF1-42A2-8436-78E6E6C6ACE4@microsoft.com... >I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will > print on Avery 5371 business cards Page setup, business cards, click change copies per sheet, type > .5 top, .75 side, zero gaps. Avery 5371 is a standard business card s...

Mofidied On has the same date/time in many items
Hello, We have noticed that a large number of activities, cases and leads, suddenly has the same date/time value in the SQL Server, in the field "Modified On". Can you tell me how can this happen? Could this happen every time someone goes offline and has the right to sync these items? Is it a CRM bug? I cannot understand how can fields take the same value in a batch way, without human interference... Any help? Thanks, Elena If the records have *exactly* the same time I suspect that someone has likely gonue around the platform and tried to directly update rows in the database. Th...

Setting the Settings
Really quickly: How (exactly) does one get Publisher to remember the page settings I want. ie. every time I open a new document, I get centimeters, and usually, I'd prefer inches. I have not been able to find a "Save Settings" option anywhere. Can anyone help? thomas In Publisher 2000 it's Tools Options General tab Measurements unit box - select inches. OK That should do it. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in America! "ThomasL" <tlammert@netcom.ca> wrote in message ne...

"Object or class does not support the set of events" Quick Question
All, I built a MS Access database in MS Access 2003, which I have set up in a shared folder. I have a form with some standard components such as text boxs, bottons. When a user updates the form I wish to record the time/date and username in the record. I have posted a copy of the code I'm using for the "BeforeUpdate" event below. Now this works fine on my machine and updates without a problem. However when a user on another machine (also using MS Access 2003) tries to update the same field, he gets the following error: "The expression Before Update you entered as the eve...

Match items in 2 lists??? eh help
Hiya I have 2 worksheets. One with a long list of names the other with not so long list of names - Sheet 1 (all clicks), sheet 2 (users at client x). I would like to be able to find out how many users at client x clicked on the site... any ideas how I can run a match on the lists? Any help/tips much appreciated thanks D --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#ExtractingCommon for identifying common entries on both lists -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hiya > > I have 2 worksheets. One with a...