Setting Defaults in New Item Wizard

How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard?  I want to always use a
barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to
always be checked.  Help...
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Good question, I need an answer too.

"A StanTech Associate" wrote:

> How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard?  I want to always use a
> barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to
> always be checked.  Help...
0
NPHS (12)
10/19/2006 2:16:02 PM
You can set the default sales tax under Manager, File, Configuration, Sales
Tax, Default item tax group.

To set a default barcode type you'll need a working knowledge of SQL
triggers or you can install our add-in designed for this purpose.
AutoGen 30-day trial:  http://www.digitalretailer.com/AG-dl.htm
Works with Store Operations or HeadQuarters.

If you want to automate and streamline the entire item entry and maintenance
process, check out our Power Ops tool.
Power Ops 30-day trial:  http://www.digitalretailer.com/POp-dl.htm
Works with Store Operations or HeadQuarters.
HQ users must be install Power Ops at stores first, then HQ.

To purchase any of our add-ins, contact your RMS reseller.

Digital Retail Solutions
www.digitalretailer.com/rmsaddins

"NPHS" <NPHS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Good question, I need an answer too.
>
> "A StanTech Associate" wrote:
>
>> How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard?  I want to always
>> use a
>> barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item
>> always be checked.  Help...

0
support7094 (156)
10/30/2006 6:06:09 PM
To set the sales tax. . . . It's not as described below, that option does
not exist.  Is this within Headquarters manager?  I run version 1.3.1006

please help, as this would be really useful !

Chris

"Greg [DRS]" <support@digitalretailer.com> wrote in message
> You can set the default sales tax under Manager, File, Configuration,
> Sales
> Tax, Default item tax group.
>
> To set a default barcode type you'll need a working knowledge of SQL
> triggers or you can install our add-in designed for this purpose.
> AutoGen 30-day trial:  http://www.digitalretailer.com/AG-dl.htm
> Works with Store Operations or HeadQuarters.
>
> If you want to automate and streamline the entire item entry and
> maintenance
> process, check out our Power Ops tool.
> Power Ops 30-day trial:  http://www.digitalretailer.com/POp-dl.htm
> Works with Store Operations or HeadQuarters.
> HQ users must be install Power Ops at stores first, then HQ.
>
> To purchase any of our add-ins, contact your RMS reseller.
>
> Digital Retail Solutions
> www.digitalretailer.com/rmsaddins
>
> "NPHS" <NPHS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Good question, I need an answer too.
>>
>> "A StanTech Associate" wrote:
>>
>>> How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard?  I want to always
>>> use a
>>> barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item
>>> always be checked.  Help...

0
chris9548 (32)
10/31/2006 2:08:43 PM
You set the default sales tax group at the store level in Store Operations
Manager. Repeat at each store location.
If you want to automate sales tax assignment by store location in HQ, you'll
need our AutoGen add-in.
Once enabled, new items adds in HQ will automatically be assigned the
correct sales tax for each store location.
You can download a 30 day trial of AutoGen at the link below.
For purchasing information, contact your RMS reseller.

Greg

"chris allsopp" <chris@emmaallsopp.plus.com> wrote in message
> To set the sales tax. . . . It's not as described below, that option does
> not exist.  Is this within Headquarters manager?  I run version 1.3.1006
>
> please help, as this would be really useful !
>
> Chris
>

> "Greg [DRS]" <support@digitalretailer.com> wrote in message
>> You can set the default sales tax under Manager, File, Configuration,
>> Sales
>> Tax, Default item tax group.
>>
>> To set a default barcode type you'll need a working knowledge of SQL
>> triggers or you can install our add-in designed for this purpose.
>> AutoGen 30-day trial:  http://www.digitalretailer.com/AG-dl.htm
>> Works with Store Operations or HeadQuarters.
>>
>> If you want to automate and streamline the entire item entry and
>> maintenance
>> process, check out our Power Ops tool.
>> Power Ops 30-day trial:  http://www.digitalretailer.com/POp-dl.htm
>> Works with Store Operations or HeadQuarters.
>> HQ users must be install Power Ops at stores first, then HQ.
>>
>> To purchase any of our add-ins, contact your RMS reseller.
>>
>> Digital Retail Solutions
>> www.digitalretailer.com/rmsaddins
>>
>> "NPHS" <NPHS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Good question, I need an answer too.

0
support7094 (156)

setting up new outlook mail account

how to return serial number of serialized item that was just scann
is there a property that will return the serial number of the item just added if the item is serialized? i need to set the value of a variable with this serial number, to populate a text field in a userform. is this possible? thank you, kevin I don't know if this is it but have you tried... TransactionEntry.Serialized Property The Serialized property gets the serialized item for the transaction entry. Public Property Get Serialized( ) As SerializedItem Property Value SerializedItem object that contains the serialized item for the transaction entry. If the item for the transaction...

OWA Set Rule problem

Viewing recurring Items
I've just set up about 14 annually recurring items in my calendar. When I go to View-Current View-Recurring Items it only shows those items that occur weekly. Similarly when I go to View-Current View-by category it displays NONE of these items even though they have all been categorised with the same category. What's going on? (They display in the day-week-month view perfectly normally....) "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:%23YnlScKkHHA.2272@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I've just set up about 14 annually recurring items in my cale...

After Send/Receive is initiated, "new messages" appears but no new
After send/receive is initiated, "new messages preceded by a number appears in lower right but there are no new messages in any of the folders. Please advise. Also, mail rules have disappeared. Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. =20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "PedalrsInn" <PedalrsInn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:2C662A30-FC48-4A2E-B74E-F70552E00217@microsoft.com... > After send/receive is initiated,...

How to set backcolour

Changing Default Recipient Policy
Can anyone please help me out and point out any risks that are involved in changing the Default Recipient Policy? What exactly are trying to accomplish? -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "Help" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CF17444-BCBE-414F-9950-FB5B3EF78FF0@microsoft.com... > Can anyone please help me out and point out any risks that are involved in > changing the Default Recipient Policy? > Our default policy is @companyname.local and will not send NDR's externally. http://suppo...

New Workbook
When I open a new workbook a "New Workbook" panel opens on the right. How can I get rid of that so it doesn't open every time I open a workbook? Thank you Karen, try tools, options, view, and uncheck startup task pane -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Karen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a58301c4d626$5931e540$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I open a new work...

Add New Group in Tasks List
Outlook 2007 On the Navigation pane in the Task list there is an "Add New Group" option. I have created a new group called Custom Views, but I have not been able to figure out how to add my custom views to the new group. What kinds of items can be placed in a group, and how do I add items to a group? Any help will be greatly appreciated. --Tom You can only place folders in the groups, not views. Show the Advanced toolbar and you can easily select the custom views. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Soluti...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Reading Pane Settings

How do I set OOR

Opening to a default tab?
Hello, Is there a way to get a workbook to default to a certain tab when opening the file? I noticed that it opens to whatever page was open when last saved but I want it to always open to the first sheet regardless. Any ideas? Thank you in advance, Joe Use the Workbook_open event in ThisWorkbook module or an auto_open macro in a regular module sub auto_open() sheets("mysheet").select end sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Joe" <Joe@home.com> wrote in message news:eZpp9EUKEHA.1312@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is there a wa...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

Set Focus

Move folder to new tree in Ex2003
I've been asked to move one of the public folders to a new tree on the same server. No particular reason, just seemed like a good idea at the time. I only have one server, and it is used lightly. Is this possible? What is the best way? (david) ? Are you sure that you mean a different/new public folder tree? There can only be one MAPI-type public folder tree per server, and creating a new public folder tree would mean having a separate public folder store. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS F...

outlook 2003 resetting default folders
After following a tutorial on customizing personal folders in Outlook 2003, I changed the settings. After living with it for a few hours, I decided to move all my email back into the inbox and delete the personal folders and rules I set earlier. Now I can't view any of my emails. I can see that there's unread emails ny the number in the parentheses, but I can't view them. Please tell me how to get my outlook back to the default settings. TIA, Sophia Solved the problem. There's a tool w/in the program called "scanpst.exe". It must be run with outlook closed....

Mofidied On has the same date/time in many items
Hello, We have noticed that a large number of activities, cases and leads, suddenly has the same date/time value in the SQL Server, in the field "Modified On". Can you tell me how can this happen? Could this happen every time someone goes offline and has the right to sync these items? Is it a CRM bug? I cannot understand how can fields take the same value in a batch way, without human interference... Any help? Thanks, Elena If the records have *exactly* the same time I suspect that someone has likely gonue around the platform and tried to directly update rows in the database. Th...

Publisher 2003 Need to set business card to Avery 5371 setting
I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will print on Avery 5371 business cards Okay.........and your question is? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jonathan" <Jonathan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:187615DD-9EF1-42A2-8436-78E6E6C6ACE4@microsoft.com... >I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will > print on Avery 5371 business cards Page setup, business cards, click change copies per sheet, type > .5 top, .75 side, zero gaps. Avery 5371 is a standard business card s...