serial number can not be created in POS

I can not create a serial number in POS even though I have the option under
configuration selected.  The problem we have is we just switched over to RMS
and have a customer who purchased on our old system so we would like to
return it in RMS but need to assign it a serial number.  The message I get is
"The serial number can't be returned it has not been sold."  Any help would
be appreciated
0
JackT (70)
6/29/2005 7:51:07 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What about returning the item, without the serial number, and then adding the
serial number under management?

"Jack T" wrote:

> I can not create a serial number in POS even though I have the option under
> configuration selected.  The problem we have is we just switched over to RMS
> and have a customer who purchased on our old system so we would like to
> return it in RMS but need to assign it a serial number.  The message I get is
> "The serial number can't be returned it has not been sold."  Any help would
> be appreciated
0
akpetshop (47)
7/8/2005 2:05:01 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but when doing a return, doesnt the item being
returned need to already be in inventory as an item?  In this case, the item
is a serial number item, so RMS asks us to select a serial number, and since
the number never existed, I get this message, "Validation error 310, one or
more entries requires a serial number.  So needless to say I kind of wonder
what the selection tab in options "create a serial number in POS" option
really does??

"akpetshop" wrote:

> What about returning the item, without the serial number, and then adding the
> serial number under management?
>

> "Jack T" wrote:
>
> > I can not create a serial number in POS even though I have the option under
> > configuration selected.  The problem we have is we just switched over to RMS
> > and have a customer who purchased on our old system so we would like to
> > return it in RMS but need to assign it a serial number.  The message I get is
> > "The serial number can't be returned it has not been sold."  Any help would
> > be appreciated
0
JackT (70)
7/8/2005 5:00:04 PM
Jack,

It allows you to create the serial number when selling the item and
unfortunately only that, I would recommend you submit this as a product
suggestion to Microsoft.
http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Newsgroups/dgbrowser/en-us/wizard.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.pos&lang=en&cr=US&type=suggestion.

Rob

"Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Correct me if I am wrong, but when doing a return, doesnt the item being
> returned need to already be in inventory as an item?  In this case, the
> item
> is a serial number item, so RMS asks us to select a serial number, and
> since
> the number never existed, I get this message, "Validation error 310, one
> or
> more entries requires a serial number.  So needless to say I kind of
> wonder
> what the selection tab in options "create a serial number in POS" option
> really does??
>
> "akpetshop" wrote:
>
>> What about returning the item, without the serial number, and then adding
>> the
>> serial number under management?
>>

>> "Jack T" wrote:
>>
>> > I can not create a serial number in POS even though I have the option
>> > under
>> > configuration selected.  The problem we have is we just switched over
>> > to RMS
>> > and have a customer who purchased on our old system so we would like to
>> > return it in RMS but need to assign it a serial number.  The message I
>> > get is
>> > "The serial number can't be returned it has not been sold."  Any help
>> > would
>> > be appreciated

0
rob242 (534)

Serial Number Problem
Hi Everyone, we run Dynamics on our server anyway we had HUGE problems and lost a lot of work.....anyway after fixing lots up i still have one MAJOR problem. Serial numbers for items in the system do exist if you look up inventory ~ Serials. There is a list of serial numbers in stock ready to use. But when we go to do an invoice there are no serial numbers, it asks you if you want to overide the quantities... Our problem was we lost our inventory file therefore we had to put an old file back on...although these serial numbers are there we can not use them which also means i cant put t...

How can I set up a debt reduction plan?
I want to set up a spreadsheet where I can track my debt reduction. I want to be able to put in the balance owed, the interest rate, payment amount (that can be changed). I want to be able to have all my debt on one spreadsheet and show progress on each individual debt as well as on the debt as a whole. I have seen software you can buy that does this but I am sure that you can do it in Excel somehow. Excel 2000 or later. ...

GP8 - Receivables
Hello. I would like to generate a list of RM checks received, and the corresponding invoices they were applied to (in Receivables Mgmnt). I cannot seem to get both pieces of info from Smartlists. Can anyone help? Which fields do I need in Smartlist, or what SQL Tables do I need to join? Thank you, Maria. ...

My documents can be read by all
I have a standard installation of SBS 2003 Small Business Server. All users were set up using the Server Management Console cumputers added the same way, Working off a single Domain. User My documents are redirected to a share (Ussers Shared Folders) on the server. If a user goes to the shared folder on the server through a UNC address he is able to open any of the folders there no mater who the owner is. Also when doing a sync for his folders it syncs all the users on the machine or that have been on the machine. Is there a way to eliminate the ablity of a user to have access to...

How to create a new couple of worksheets with same characteristics as...
Hi, I've searched the forum for a similar question but no results found. I don't know if it is possible to be done, but I will ask. Well, I have two worksheets in my workbook - the first one I use as a data base and enter my data in a few tables; the second one I use for statistical purposes and it contains formulas and tables that use the information from the first worksheet. My question is, how can I create a new couple of worksheets that have the same relationships /which means to save the formats and formulas between the two sheets, but not the data/ as these two worksheets? ...

numbers format
I formatted a group of cells, using currency,2 decimal places, the $ sign. When I clicked okay only one cell formatted; the rest have ##### in each cell. Can anyone tell me what to do to correct it? Hi MaryJo, Your column is not wide enough. 1) Select column and use Format|Column and set a width, OR 2) Use the mouse to grab the column border (for example between B and C) and drag to make column wider, OR 3) Double click on column border to get automatic fit to size for column Best wishes Bernard "Mary Jo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58ff01...

[O2007] -> How to search for a string in the body and get the line number?
Hi, I'm trying to get a reply to a mail message and look for a specific substring. Then I need to know the position of the line. For example: search "Sincerely yours," get the line number insert 3 lines BEFORE the "Sincerly Yours" I can't find a way. I know how to use Replace to change subtrings, but I can't get a way to just locate one and get the line number. How can I do this? Then, how can I insert text at that linePosition-3? Thanks for any help. Sincerely, Steve JORDI (Remove the K_I_L_LSPAM from my email address) ------...

Duplicate Element Names in Serialized XML
Hi All, Hoping someone can solve a problem for me. I am modifying the schema for a rather complex web service written in VB.NET. The services uses a large number of serialized classes to output the overall XML. The problem I am having is that I require 2 XML elements of the same name to be serialized from the 1 class. Due to the way the web service is written only 1 of these would be ever be called at a time. However, it seems that I get an exception if the same element name is used twice in one class.. any ideas? For example: 'start class here <XMLElement ("elementName&q...

Can't start-up Microsoft Outlook
I just installed Office 2003, I was using Office XP. I uninstalled Office XP and installed Office 2003. When I go to check my mail after a reboot, it works fine. When I go to check my mail again, I can't open it up. Sometimes it will ask if I want to open Outlook in safe mode, to fix the problem. I receive a message in right-hand corner saying that "Outlook not responding. If you are using an exchange server e-mail account, you can cancel pending server requests by clicking the Outlook icon in the notifications are, and then clicking cancel server request on the shortcut menu." ...

Can I create a template for eBay with Publisher?
Sorry, this is my first time here and this is where Microsoft re-directed. Hopefully I'm in the right place to get my answer. I'm trying to find out if I can create a Template for selling on eBay or whether there are any existing templates for eBay here. Thanks in advance http://www.alouwebdesign.ca/free-ebay-templates.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ChiTownBob" <ChiTownBob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0455D78B-57C0-4E8B-BC7E-53FA2431D307@microsoft.com... > Sorry...

rate of change using dates and number values
I have combinations of dates with numerical values. How can I use Excel to calculate the rate of change over a given unit of time such as change per month or per quarter, or per year. An example of my data sets would be: 9/29/2004 19.8 4/5/2004 15.6 10/3/2003 16.3 6/30/2003 15.8 2/3/1999 12.4 7/7/1998 11.9 Thanks, Ronan On Mar 2, 8:39 am, Ronan <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have combinations of dates with numerical values. How can I use Excel to > calculate the rate of change over a given unit of time such as change per > month or per quarter, or per year. ...

Converting Hexadecimal number to floating point decimal number #5
Ron, McGimpsey and others. I want to really thank you for your help. Ro your routine worked great. I dont fully understand how yet but I a happy to receive your help. You are a great guy. One more twist t this. I want the routine to run and re-calculate automatically when th hex numbers change. That way I could automate the calculation and thi whole thing could run unattended. Any help. Thanks agai -- Fif ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fifi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1232 View this thread: http://www....

Invoice number
PLEASE! - Can someone please tell me how to make an automatic opdated invoice number in Excel In other words I want to get a new number each time I open Excel I thank you on beforehand Hi see: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Dane" <dane@dane.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:41d47252$0$15000$9a6e19ea@unlimited.newshosting.com... > PLEASE! - Can someone please tell me how to make an automatic > opdated invoice number in Excel > > In other words I want to get a new number each time I open Ex...

How do I average positive numbers only
How do I average positive numbers only while ingnoring any zero or negative values? =AVERAGE(IF(Range>0,Range)) entered with ctrl + shift & enter -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Susannah" <Susannah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AFA9672-7021-445D-BA6A-BC5DD53AF248@microsoft.com... > How do I average positive numbers only while ingnoring any zero or negative > values? Thank you! One further question...I see how this works with sequential cells; but if I want to average positive valued data from E7,E12,E22,E27 I can't seem to get it to w...

Stop Excel from changing numbers to dates in CSV file
When opening a .CSV created from a third party software, one of the columns is converted to date format. The numbers are imported in #/# format. and Excel changes most of the numbers to 2-Jan, 3-Jan etc... This would not be that big of an issue if I could simply set it back. Clearing format or changing to text converts it to a 5 digit number. The only way I have found to get it to work properly thus far is to open a blank sheet and import data and setting the column to text prior to import. I would like to find a way of opening the CSV file without all the extra steps. Is there a sett...

hide col letters and row numbers
In EXCEL 2007 how do I hide the col letters accross the top and the row numbers down the side Thanks Hi, go to view, show/Hide (2nd group), uncheck headings "pcor" wrote: > In EXCEL 2007 how do I hide the col letters accross the top and the row > numbers down the side > Thanks > Open PageLayout tab, locate Sheet Options group (one in from the right), under Headings deselect the View box best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Form Autonumber does not match the number of records on the table
I have a form where I entered Tenant information. Every time I open this form the Auto number increments by one. For example the Auto number in is 20 even though I only have 2 records in the tableI expected that the next number would give me is the number 3 for the next record.Any suggestions how this could be fix?I am a novice with Access. Thank you, in advance for your help.Regards, Autonumbers seem to be a daily topic lately.If the linear sequence of the field is important to you, don't useAutonumbers. It is intended to be a simple method of assigning aunique index to a record. If ...

Cash Receipt Number
We are having a problem with users changing the document number on the Cash Receipt window. Is there a way to lock this field down so it cannot be changed? Thanks, Jocelyn Jocelyn, If you are registered for Modifier and VBA, you can add the Cash Receipt Entry window to VBA and add the Receipt Number field to VBA, then add the following code in the Window_BeforeOpen event. Private Sub Window_BeforeOpen(OpenVisible As Boolean) Receipt.Locked = True End Sub Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dyna...

Serial Motor
How do you control a motor via serial port? What language should I use? Justin Case wrote: > How do you control a motor via serial port? What language should I > use? I don't know, but it certainly isn't possible with SQL Server ... http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+do+you+control+a+motor+via+serial+port -- HTH, Bob Barrows Bob Barrows (reb01501@NOyahoo.SPAMcom) writes: > I don't know, but it certainly isn't possible with SQL Server ... What? You can't control a motor with an engine? -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se...

Serialization of jagged Arrays Issue
Hi there, I m trying to return an object (of my own written class) from a web service that contains jagged Arrays as public variables. Asp.Net is showing me the its serialized version on the browser when i invoke the service during test. Code: public class returnType { [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute("chassisdata")] public _chassisdata[] chassisdata; [XmlArray(),XmlArrayItem("wheel", typeof(_wheel[]),IsNullable=false)] public _wheel[][] upsteps; [XmlArray(),XmlArrayItem("wheelsize", typeof(_wheelsize[]),IsNullable=false)] publi...

Can't right click paste into FIND and REPLACE...
This has always bugged me! :) I want in Windows XP to either right click and paste into the Find and Replace "Find What"" requestor (or) drag and drop text into the requestor, have not been able to do either. Always need to do CTRL/V (don't like keyboard shortcuts!) Any suggestions? I have Excel 2002 Thanks!! Frank AFAIK, using a keyboard shortcut is the only way to copy/paste in a dialog box. Frank McMahon wrote: > This has always bugged me! :) > > I want in Windows XP to either right click and paste into the Find and > Replace "Find What"&q...

Quest: Creating a panel of controls in an ActiveX control... #3
I want to make a panel with some Windows Controls on it using ActiveX w/ full MFC or ATL support. I been looking thur app templete all day and cant find a start project for this. Now I know how a standard modeless dialog with its titlebar and border styles turned off make to the panel but I am having trouble creating the actual ActiveX project that host the panel. How do I create the project and use it in another like an MFC exe dlg app... I am using VS.Net Pro 2002 so what is the best way to get started here... Any help... ...

MS Access Adding Sequential Numbering
I have a table with the following data Deal ID 1234 Assoc 1234 Associate Role ABC Deal ID 1234 Assoc 4567 Associate Role ABC Deal ID 1234 Assoc 8910 Associate Role DEF I want to number the like roles for each Deal Id so the result would be Deal ID 1234 Role ABC 1 and then Deal ID 1234 and Role ABC 2, Deal ID 1234 Role DEF 1 Is there a way to assign a numbering based on Deal id and role? Thank you! -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/201004/1 "Laura1 via AccessMonster.com" <u31091@uwe> wr...

Using Mergefield
Currently bring data into word from a database to populate invoice reminder letters, the problem is the 'Payment Outstanding' field in my database is a Negative number. Displayed -10,000.00 for example. Instead of spending time amending the fields and updating the database I was hoping to use MergeField to do it for me.... I currently use { MERGEFIELD PaymentOutstanding\# #,##0.00} to merge the data into word, which would display -10,000.00 in the word field Any ideas how I can convert '-10,000.00' into '10,000.00' Hi duttonkj, There are variou...

serial port communuication
Hi all, I m communicating to a printer device through serial port.It is failing to open the port,but when I disable and enable the com port in device manager,it works fine(i.e)it communicates with the printer and reads the configuration settings of the printer). Regards Hari are u leaving the port opened when ur program terminates ........ what is the frequency of u disabling/enabling port ....... after every run ...... some times works some times not ..... ????? "hari" <haricibi83@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171455246.402743.203120@k78g2000cwa.googlegrou...