Second request - Need help installing POS 2.0

I'm trying to install a purchased version of Dynamics MSPOS 2.0 but
keep getting a 'DB Connection Lost' error message when it gets to the
step to build a Sample database.

I first tried to completely uninstall the Trial Version using Add/
Remove Programs since the person who installed it no longer works for
the company and nobody knew the password. Everything uninstalled okay
except for the SQL MSPOSINSTANCE. For some reason it won't allow
itself to be removed. Is my problem cause because MSPOSINSTANCE is
still running somewhere?

I just want to start with a clean slate and install the purchased
version of Dynamics MSPOS 2.0. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks Sally

0
vrbobs (9)
5/14/2007 10:30:24 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Bob,
   Are you running XP Pro?

"Bob" wrote:

> I'm trying to install a purchased version of Dynamics MSPOS 2.0 but
> keep getting a 'DB Connection Lost' error message when it gets to the
> step to build a Sample database.
>
> I first tried to completely uninstall the Trial Version using Add/
> Remove Programs since the person who installed it no longer works for
> the company and nobody knew the password. Everything uninstalled okay
> except for the SQL MSPOSINSTANCE. For some reason it won't allow
> itself to be removed. Is my problem cause because MSPOSINSTANCE is
> still running somewhere?
>
> I just want to start with a clean slate and install the purchased
> version of Dynamics MSPOS 2.0. Any suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks Sally

0
Mike1154 (1216)
5/16/2007 12:08:00 PM
On May 16, 5:08 am, Mike <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Bob,
>    Are you running XP Pro?

Mike,
Yes, I am running XP Pro

0
vrbobs (9)

------=_NextPart_000_0CEC_01C79D92.B6B63910

Sally or Bob,

Did you also uninstall SQL Server 2005 Express in Add/Remove Programs.

--=20

Jeff=20
Check Point Software

=3D=3D=3D

newsgroup reader to
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
=3D=3D=3D

  "Bob" <vrbobs@earthlink.net> wrote in message =

  I'm trying to install a purchased version of Dynamics MSPOS 2.0 but
  keep getting a 'DB Connection Lost' error message when it gets to the
  step to build a Sample database.

  I first tried to completely uninstall the Trial Version using Add/
  Remove Programs since the person who installed it no longer works for
  the company and nobody knew the password. Everything uninstalled okay
  except for the SQL MSPOSINSTANCE. For some reason it won't allow
  itself to be removed. Is my problem cause because MSPOSINSTANCE is
  still running somewhere?

  I just want to start with a clean slate and install the purchased
  version of Dynamics MSPOS 2.0. Any suggestions would be greatly
  appreciated.

  Thanks Sally

------=_NextPart_000_0CEC_01C79D92.B6B63910

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Sally or Bob,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Did you also uninstall SQL Server 2005 =
Express&nbsp;in=20
Add/Remove Programs.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>Jeff <BR>Check Point Software</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
of=20
you are=20
Express.&nbsp;=20
on the=20
right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Bob" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:vrbobs@earthlink.net">vrbobs@earthlink.net</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
  message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:1179181824.384750.227370@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com">news:1=
179181824.384750.227370@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com</A>...</DIV><BR>I'm=20
  trying to install a purchased version of Dynamics MSPOS 2.0 =
but<BR>keep=20
  getting a 'DB Connection Lost' error message when it gets to =
the<BR>step to=20
  build a Sample database.<BR><BR>I first tried to completely uninstall =
the=20
  Trial Version using Add/<BR>Remove Programs since the person who =
installed it=20
  no longer works for<BR>the company and nobody knew the password. =
Everything=20
  uninstalled okay<BR>except for the SQL MSPOSINSTANCE. For some reason =
it won't=20
  allow<BR>itself to be removed. Is my problem cause because =
MSPOSINSTANCE=20
  is<BR>still running somewhere?<BR><BR>I just want to start with a =
clean slate=20
  and install the purchased<BR>version of Dynamics MSPOS 2.0. Any =
suggestions=20
  would be greatly<BR>appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks=20
Sally<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0CEC_01C79D92.B6B63910--

0
cptsoft (1247)

Help with Fonts
I have a document created in MS Word 2002 version. When I am looking at the font of this document some words have been highlighted as Arial pt 10 all caps while other words which are also in capitals are only highlighted as Arial pt 10. Any idea why only some of the words are highlighted differently? Also any idea how we can avoid this from happening? Any help will be greatly appreciated. All Caps is a font property (like Bold or Italic); when it is removed, the underlying text (in lowercase or Caps & lowercase) will be restored. If the text has been typed in capitals (usin...

Database Model Diagram #2
I have Visio 2003. When I try to load a new Database Model Diagram Visio locks up every time. Every other type of template loads just fine. I have Windows XP Professional x64. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks for any information. ------=_NextPart_0001_4353DD39 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit This can occur with Visio 2003 on 64-bit Windows systems, and is related to the way that Windows provides the Printer supported paper sizes which Visio needs. Here is a work around that will help you avoid the problem: 1) new blank drawing 2) File | Print 3...

Money 2004 Help files in XP
Money 2001 ran great in Windows XP. Have up-graded to Money 2004 Deluxe. Installed and runs fine. However, when trying to open the "help" files, get message "unable to load topic". Installed in system running Windows ME and NO PROBLEM. Apparently, the "help" files are NOT where Money 2004 thinks they should be. Any "HELP" out there? Have searched Microsoft Support, FAQ, Database, etc... nothing on this. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks. Try deleting Internet temporary files from Internet Options. "Susan" <sjchaney...

Install Issues 12-26-06
I have 2 errors trying to install CRM, that are preventing install. 1. The organizational unit does not exist. 2. Service mssearch was not found on this computer. But when I check services I find SQL Server FullText Search (MSSQLSERVER) and no mssearch. ...

Initialize Second Dialog
Hello: I have a dialog application that I've created, and I can initialize a combo box on this dialog box before it is shown. I also have a menu in this dialog. A selection from this menu opens another dialog box... CMyOtherDialog otherDiag; otherDiag.DoModal(); However, when I try to initialize a combo box in the otherDiag through the constructor, it doesn't work. I can add a button in otherDiag and once the user clicks it, it will populate the combo box, but the constructor doesn't do it. Any ideas? Saul775 "Saul775" <Saul775@discussions.microsof...

Sheet Tab name #2
Hi Does anyone know if there is a way to pick up the sheet name in a cell? Thanks Shona =MID(CELL("filename",A1),1+FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1)),255) Workbook needs to be saved before the above will work. You may wish to substitute the cellreference of the calling formula instead of A1, if there is a risk of Row 1 or Column A being deleted at some later date. "SS" <Student.13@uk.bosch.com> wrote in message news:cie62r$22d$1@ns1.fe.internet.bosch.com... > Hi > > Does anyone know if there is a way to pick up the sheet name in a cell...

2 if statements?
Is it possible to have 2 IF statements in the same cell? Thanks, Carla Bradley carla.bradley(at)lgeenergy.com ...

help with equation
I need help with my attendance sheet here is the scenerio total present over total days (a&P)??? Thanks T =total_present/total_days Or do you wan to give us more information and sample data? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Tracy" <Tracy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4ED6FE2-2941-4722-B3B2-092EB2FF7B87@microsoft.com... > I need help with my attendance sheet here is the scenerio total present over > total days (a&P)??? Thanks T ...

second axis
How can I use bar graphs for three different products with two axes becuase of two different sets of info for each product and get the graphs to stop plotting on top of each other? Please help!! Jon Peltier has instructions for a column chart on two axes: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html carrie in pa wrote: > How can I use bar graphs for three different products with two axes becuase > of two different sets of info for each product and get the graphs to stop > plotting on top of each other? Please help!! -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips &...

convert number of seconds to date
I have an integer 1060128571 which is the number of seconds since 1/1/1970. The number evaluates to 6/08/2003 10:09:30 So my question is given the start date is always 1970 how do I calculate the end date e.g 6/08/2003 10:09:30. if I divide 1060128571/60/60/24 I can get the number of days etc. If anyone has an easy solutions,please send it on --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Gordon, 1/1/1970 12:00 AM equates to 25569. Divide the number of seconds by 86400 (number of seconds in a day). Subtract that from 25569 and format the cell as m/d/yyyy h:mm:ss AM/PM. Ba...

Help
I have a spressheet that automatically populates 2 cells with the current time and date using the TODAY() and NOW () functions. Unfortunately, when I go back into the sheet at a later date or time it repopulates the cells with the new time and date. e.g. First Visit date set to 5-Jan 05 and time set to 09:20 AM. Second visit date set to 5-Jan 05 and time set to 09:25 AM. Third visit date set to 6-Jan 05 and time set to 10:00 AM. Is there a way that I can only get the cells populated once? Any help would be appreciated. Use Ctrl-: and Ctrl-Shift-; -- HTH RP (remove noth...

PPT 2007 embedded charts help
I am using both Excel 2007 and Powerpoint 2007. I also program using console applications and write code in C#. Is there a way to edit embedded chart data using C#? We would like to keep the charts embeded but if we change the data in Excel and copy of the chart the chart is now linked, maybe there is a way to copy it as embedded instead? The problem with the linked issue is whenever someone saves the PPT locally and is no longer connected to our intranet they can no longer access the excel file. Even if you pull the excel file over the linked file location doesn't u...

macro help #17
I am just learning Excel and I am trying to add a formula to some cells to do multiple functions. Here is what I am trying to do: IF G2=1 and H2=1, add "1" to E2 and delete G2 and H2. I have been told I need t create a macro for this. Any help on how to do it -- candyyoun ----------------------------------------------------------------------- candyyoung's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2679 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40054 I think your code (with no validation at all!) would look something li...

Excel Charts #2
My problem is that I have a chart that I am creating a chart of tota sales for new molds and products for our sales engineering guy for eac year 99 to current. No problem, right? Wrong! He wants each bar t be broken down in to top customers to show where the sales came from. I have never done this - how do I accomplish two graphs in one ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com What kind of a chart do you want? What would be on the x-axis? The y- axis? How are ...

Help with switch to activate the remember password option
Using outlook 2K on WinXP Home Edition, I have noticed that on some workstations, the remember password check box option does not work. And yes, we are using the correct password. Has anyone ever had this happen to them? We just had a laptop do the same thing. What is interesting is that the same machine (laptop) would remember the password up until lately? Any help would be greatly appreciated... Incodently, this is also a problem in IE browser as well. I am stumpped. ...

OWA 2007 400 bad request
From on the LAN, I can get to OWA all OK. From an external location, I first get a dialog box popping up. I enter domain\name and my password, then get to the new OWA logon screen. I then enter my domain\name and password again in the form but get HTTP 400 Bad Request for the page https://server.domain.co.nz/owa/auth/owaauth.dll Any ideas? Thanks, Neal What Version of Exchange? Are you using a FE/BE configuration? Are you using ISA to publish OWA or is there a firewall between server and the external client? When you get the HTTP 400, do you also see any of the following errors i...

CRM 3.0 Installation error 11-28-05
I am getting an error when CRM tries to create the root business. My client is using an OU within an OU, installing under the domain admin account. As soon as I can I am going to go over their setup one more time to make sure permissions are all in place, but has anyone else run into this error? Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ProvisionBusinessAction failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80044151): Exception from HRESULT: 0x80044151. at Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CBizOrganizationClass.IBizOrganization_Create...

Help with an array and SUMPRODUCT
I am not positive that SUMPRODUCT is the right function to accomplish what I am trying to do so I’ll start by describing my objective. I suspect the solution I am looking for lies with some variation of SUMPRODUCT entered as an array. On one spreadsheet, in column A, I have a list of the names of people, starting in row 2. Across row 1, I have a list of meetings by date and topic, starting in column B. At the intersection of each row and column in the resulting array, I have a binary value: 1 if that person attended that meeting, 0 if that person did not attend that meeting...

Can I add a borders toolbar to Excel 2000 like the one in Excel 2.
Can I add the manual borders toolbar to Excel 2000 like the boders toolbar in Excel 2003? Thanks brunscom@msn.com I don't use xl2003, but in earlier versions, I created my own toolbar: Tools|customize|toolbars tab|new... Then dragged a bunch of icons from the Commands Tab (Format Category) to that toolbar. There's a bunch! brunscom@msn.com wrote: > > Can I add the manual borders toolbar to Excel 2000 like the boders toolbar in > Excel 2003? Thanks brunscom@msn.com -- Dave Peterson Dave, Thank you for an innovative answer. I have Excel 2003 on my desjtop and Exc...

Totalling a group of worksheets #2
How do I summarize a continguous series of worksheets on to a summary page? e.g. I have a number of worksheets A,B,C,.......K. I also have a summary worksheet. I want to total cells A1 in the group of worksheets and show the total in the summary worksheet -- Thanks BJ Try this: On the Summary sheet, select the cell where you want the A1 summary to display. Type =sum( Then click on the Sheet A tab Hold the [Shift] key down Click on the last sheet's tab Release the [Shift] key Type ) and press [Enter] The formula should look like: =SUM(A:K!A1) Does that help? *********** Regards...

opening a Works 3.0 database spreadsheet saved on disk into excel 97
How can I convert or open a Works 3.0 database spreadsheet (from an older computer which is saved on a floppy disk) and save it into Excel 97 on a different computer? Thanks. ...

Flashing cells #2
Is there a way either conditionally or through a formula that I can get a higher or lower figure to Flash in a color should it not reach the criteria? Cheers Haggis On 2 Dec, 21:39, "Haggis" <IC006J4...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: > Is there a way either conditionally or through a formula that I can get a > higher or lower figure to Flash in a color should it not reach the criteria? > > Cheers > > Haggis Try.. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/BlinkingText.aspx Might Help Many, many people have advised against using flashing. It looks dreadful. Furthermore...

How do I add a second y-axis in an xy(Scatter) chart?
I would like to create a xy-scatter chart for a dataset with two different x-axis. I have one set of data, but I need to plot it against two axis, "concentration" and "dilution factor". The dilution (and therefore the concentration) is not linear, so a line chart will display the data "distorted" or "skewed". I tried the tip from bj (9/9/2005 4:44 AM PST, to the question "Line chart or scatter chart??") > there can be two x axis in a scatter chart. > first select one of the data series and <axis> select secondary > next i...

Reapply Service Pack 2?
I've been advised by my anti-spam vendor to re-apply Service Pack 2 for Exchange. I recently uninstalled Outlook from the Exchange Server as I was told it should never be on the Exchange box. Something about the un-install of Exchange broke the anti-spam software and they say it's a CDO issue. Is this sound advice? Anything I should be aware of when re-applying the service pack? It is a single server environment, E2K3 SP2 running on Windows 2000 Server. Thanks in advance, Gayle Robb NWAF -- Robbit - IT Manager On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 11:55:02 -0700, Robbit <Robbit@discuss...

iCalendar request performs differently #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0000_01C447EA.C9F766D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I use a program that uses SMTP services running on windows 2000 to send meeting request to users as a iCalendar request (ics attachment). Anyone that is using Outlook XP who reply's to the request, the organizer will get the response. If the same recipient uses Outlook 2003, and reply's the appointment is added to their calendar, but the organizer never gets the response. Also in Outlook 2003 the "Prop...