David
0
DH6373 (48)
8/21/2005 8:57:01 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Bluestar gives me amazing customer service.  As long as they are competitive
on pricing I will give them my business

"dh" <dh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Which is better?
> Which one provides better pricing?
> What about better tech support?
> Shipping times and fees?
> Best product lineup?
> Best sales support?
> Which are you using and why?
>
> David

0
gwilliams (59)
8/22/2005 6:04:44 PM
I agree with Greg; Blue Star has always been very helpful to me.

Richard

"Greg Williams" wrote:

> Bluestar gives me amazing customer service.  As long as they are competitive
> on pricing I will give them my business
>
> "dh" <dh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Which is better?
> > Which one provides better pricing?
> > What about better tech support?
> > Shipping times and fees?
> > Best product lineup?
> > Best sales support?
> > Which are you using and why?
> >
> > David

0
Drake2338 (3)
8/23/2005 2:02:02 AM
We've used ScanSource for a long time (probably 7 years or more, before my
time anyways).  Their pricing seems about the same as Blue Star - sometimes
one item is higher, then another item is cheaper.  The service at ScanSource
can sometimes be a problem when a sales rep occasionally screws up an order
("oops, I shipped the wrong one, even though you gave me the part number" or
"oops, I sent it Overnight Air, even though you told me just Regular
Ground") or tells you the wrong thing (don't ever ask a sales rep for
product info, make sure you ask tech support, although that's a given almost
anywhere), but they usually make up for it.  They give us excellent credit
terms and free ground shipping, so overall we're quite happy with
ScanSource.

--
Jason Hunt
Advanced Computer Systems

0
jhunt (286)
8/23/2005 7:53:20 PM
How about someone's opinion from the Tech Data side?

I ask because the ScanSource customer service has been mediocre.  The sales
guys don't even pretend to know what they're talking about, and the tech
support staff seems to jump to conclusions too often, and they make wavering
disclaimers like "we at Scansource don't know anything about Windows Server
and SQL, so you need to ask Microsoft why your offline database. . . yadda
yadda yadda"

I have to echo Jason Hunt's review.  The Overnight Shipping charge happened
a few times when it was supposed to be free 2-day ground.  If orders are
above $1,000, you get free overnight, but if items are backordered, which
happens all the time, you get piecemeal shipments that total < $1000. . . so
you end up paying $40 for shipping.

I think my credit line so far is around $50k net 30, so that's decent.

What do other have to say?

David

"Greg Williams" wrote:

> Bluestar gives me amazing customer service.  As long as they are competitive
> on pricing I will give them my business
>
> "dh" <dh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Which is better?
> > Which one provides better pricing?
> > What about better tech support?
> > Shipping times and fees?
> > Best product lineup?
> > Best sales support?
> > Which are you using and why?
> >
> > David

0
DH6373 (48)
8/24/2005 3:20:03 AM
We purchase all of our server/workstation hardware, server operating system
software, etc. through Tech Data.  I wouldn't purchase POS equipment from
them if they were the only vendor on the planet.  The POS team knows very
little about RMS.  And, that's if you can find someone at TechData who
actually knows they sell RMS.

We purchase all POS equipment through Scan Source.  Everybody screws up an
order once in a while, but at least Scan Source knows they sell RMS.  For
us, Scan Source has been a good partner, and so far has been right on in
recommending known good hardware configurations for us.

I have no experience with Blue Star.

--
Mobitech Lady

Amy Luby
Mobitech
402.330.0707
www.mobitechonline.com
> How about someone's opinion from the Tech Data side?
>
> I ask because the ScanSource customer service has been mediocre.  The
> sales
> guys don't even pretend to know what they're talking about, and the tech
> support staff seems to jump to conclusions too often, and they make
> wavering
> disclaimers like "we at Scansource don't know anything about Windows
> Server
> and SQL, so you need to ask Microsoft why your offline database. . . yadda
> yadda yadda"
>
> I have to echo Jason Hunt's review.  The Overnight Shipping charge
> happened
> a few times when it was supposed to be free 2-day ground.  If orders are
> above $1,000, you get free overnight, but if items are backordered, which
> happens all the time, you get piecemeal shipments that total < $1000. . .
> so
> you end up paying $40 for shipping.
>
> I think my credit line so far is around $50k net 30, so that's decent.
>
> What do other have to say?
>
> David
>
> "Greg Williams" wrote:
>
>> Bluestar gives me amazing customer service.  As long as they are
>> competitive
>> on pricing I will give them my business
>>
>> "dh" <dh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Which is better?
>> > Which one provides better pricing?
>> > What about better tech support?
>> > Shipping times and fees?
>> > Best product lineup?
>> > Best sales support?
>> > Which are you using and why?
>> >
>> > David

0
a.luby (83)
8/24/2005 5:24:05 AM
Why would you be asking ScanSource tech support about databases? :)  My
questions are usually "does X product have Y feature" or "will X work with Y
when doing Z".  90% of the time the ScanSource reps have no clue, so these
days I just spend the time doing all my own product research and will call
the manufacturer's sales/tech #'s if I have to.  I don't trust the tech
support people at any of our distributors anymore.  There are a few good
tech supoprt guys at ScanSource, but they are the exception.

As for their shipping mis-haps, I think some of the sales reps are just
careless.  There's a few in particular that I refuse to talk to, but now
I've come across a couple of good reps that I call directly instead of the
general sales extension.

--
Jason Hunt
Advanced Computer Systems

0
jhunt (286)

save original data after macro is run again
Hi Experts I have developed a macro which imports data from another excel file. Ex: consider I have 2 excel files A & B. I run macro in file A today, it copies whatever data from file B. say 20 rows have been filled in file A(starting from A5 to A25). I do some changes on the file A which has few conditional formatting and forlumas. I re-run the macro after 8 days in file A to get the new updated data from file B. The problem I am facing is >>> "If I re-run the macro, it deletes the data from file A. It pastes everything starting from top left cell. When I generated m...

Re: Increasing Data Field Length
"i_takeuti" <i_takeuti@mx9.kct. ne.jp> wrote in message news:... > > "Dwight" <Dwight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:AE33EE2B-A734-43D9-9E2A-B4085E4FCDAF@microsoft.com... >> Thanks Allen! >> >> I am getting closer, but when I execute this code I get the following >> error: >> >> *************** >> Private Sub UpdateFieldPosition_Click() >> >> Dim dbs As Database >> Dim strSQL As String >> >> Set dbs = >> OpenDatabase("C:\ResumeBuilder2.0...

ID / IDREFS problem MSXML vs. System.XML
Hi all. Does id() xpath function work in System.XML? I have built dtd, schema, xdr for a simple xml which includes attributes definded as ID and IDREFS. Validation is occurring properly for all the types of metadata, but the id() function applied to the IDREFS attribute allways returns nothing. I have tried it from xslt and using the XmlNode.selectnodes or XPathNavigator.Select nada zilch The same code works using MSXML 3.0 and 4.0 class COM objects. I am getting to the point of wanting to import them into .Net ( I know it is not supposed to work that way but the code works.) I have also...

open source alternatives to MSMNY for windows?
Hi all. Is there any decent OS or free alternative to MS Money for windows? I've only found GNUCASH, but is for *nix, and some low quality Java apps. I'd like to found out. tnx to all, JK I'd certainly be interested in this too. If I could do everything that I can do in Microsoft Money on Linux, I'd probably throw Microsoft Windows in the trash completely on my main PC. -Jeff "jan_k" <nospam@nospam.never> wrote in message news:Xns942D8D5D7D5Avisor@193.70.192.192... > Hi all. > Is there any decent OS or free alternative to MS Money for windows? I'...

how do I tranfer my outlook data from one computer to a new one.
I just bought a new computer, and need to know how to transfer the data from the old computer into the new computer. Thanks for any ideas you may have. Mark This information is posted here daily. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx Note that some of the info...

Exporting Data?
How is it possible to export data e. g. from a table in a new created worksheet (*.xls) or a layout (*.xlt)? Hi you may provide some more details what you're trying to achieve :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Drunken Alcoholic@talkto.guptaworldwide.com" <spiderIRS@web.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ciu5i3$oro$01$1@news.t-online.com... > How is it possible to export data e. g. from a table in a new created > worksheet (*.xls) or a layout (*.xlt)? > > ...

Rotating scanned images
My scanned image is only 2 to 3 degrees lopsided. How can I rotate this small amount? Publisher won't let me rotate this small degree. You didn't state which version so I'll tell you how to do it with Pub 2003. Select the picture, right-click - Format Picture. Click the Size tab. Under Size and Rotation, adjust the rotation. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Dena Davis" <Dena Davis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C134656-88FB-4D91-8372-9B6F2BAF51B2@microsoft.com... > My scanned image is only 2 to 3 degrees lopsided. How ca...

Disappearing Data Label in chart
I have Excel 2003 I have a clustered column chart that shows the date that a monthly report was turned in from each unit. I put data labels on each column that show the week number and the date, so the chart for October would show: "Wk1 10/6" or Wk1 10/22 but for one unit, the data label has disappeared. By clicking around I can find the box for the unit up at the top of the chart but if I pull it down to the position I want it in (and have also found the option for it and chose "center" ) when I click off of it it disappears again and is invisible at the top of the ...

Pivot Table Source file
I have been doing VBA in Excel for years, but have never done anything with Pivot Tables. I was given a spreadsheet that has 4 pivot tables which grab data from our main system (AS/400). How do I find what files are being used when the P/T's are refreshed? Thanks for any help. -Paul B. You may be able to select a PT, then show the PT wizard. Then click on the Back button to see the settings. This may not apply to you, but when I did stuff like this, I'd have a text file created from the AS/400. Then I'd import that data into excel and do all the manipulation from that impor...

Cannot start the source application for this object
An Adobe document is embedded into an excel program (as a package) and whenever we try to open the pdf we get the error "Cannot start the source application for this object". I have upgraded the Adobe Reader to version 7.0.8. If you right click on it and select copy then go to the desktop and select paste it will paste the document. Any help would greatly be appreciated. I have the same problem. From searching here I see that other people have it as well; but yet no answers. This is what I am doing when I get the error. Insert>Object>Create from file>Browse the ...

Separate <Last> & <First names into two fields when data is singl.
-- JaysterBoo I can't see all of your question in the subject line--if you want everyone to be able to see it, you should put it in the body of the message. I'm guessing at the part I can't see, but it seems like you may want to look at the Data | Text to Columns feature in the Data Menu. tj "Jayster" wrote: > > -- > JaysterBoo Jayster, This site contains a series of formulas for converting names: http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/excel/name_conversions/ ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Jayster" wrote: > > -- >...

Money 2004 vs. Quicken 2004
Hello all, I've been a loyal Quicken customer for many years up until now. I was using Quicken 2002 Deluxe and I upgraded to Quicken Premier 2004. I had many problems running Q2004, specifically in the download transactions area. Afte 3 days of struggling, I gave up and reverted back to my Q2002. I'm now thinking of using Money 2004, probably the Deluxe version. What do other users of Quicken that have moved to Money think about Money? One thing that bothers me is a rumor that after 2 (or is it 3?) years a version of Money will no longer accept downloaded transactions and y...

Move data in cells araound
Hi All, I have some data in an unfriendly format. It's organized like this: xxxyyyzzzaaabbbcccdddeeefff ggghhhiiijjjkkklllmmmnnn ooopppqqqrrr I'm looking for a way to reorganize it so it its more like this: xxx yyy zzz aaa bbb etc. I will be having to do this on a weekly basis. So I'm looking for a repeatable way to do this. Does anybody have a good suggestion on how I would accomplish this? Thanks Mike Is the data all in one cell in the format you show? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 17:01:01 -0800, mikebres <mikebres@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Data Validation
I have a spread sheet with two worksheets... Column A in Worksheet 1 is set as a List Box to take values fro Worksheet 2 Column B How do I get excel to stop a user from entering values in Worksheet Column A that is not in the list box? I have tried used Error Alert under validation, but it does not seem t prevent users from entering values that are not in the list box. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Vineedutt, H...

Is anyone running VS 2005 on Vista?
Everytime I run the IDE program it says that it has a problem and wants to look for a solution on the net. And then it ships me to this site http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa948853.aspx where I can't find any useful info regarding the problem. Is is just me or is this a common problem? AliR. P.S. Orcas runs fine for the most part. Crashes from time to time. Oh, I just now noticed the SP1 link at the bottom of the page. AliR. "AliR (VC++ MVP)" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message news:fEjDh.178$M65.108@newssvr21.news.prodigy.net... > Everytime I ru...

Due date VS processing date in Money '06
This is really bothering me. In my previous version, when I entered a due date for an epay, my register showed that date. It didn't remind me that I need to have XXX dollars in my account on due date - 4 and then change the date in my register to due date - 4. I want my register to show the due date I entered. I have enough sense to know I need money in my account. How can I change this? The check box about using processing date instead of entered date is NOT checked. Did my upgrade magically switch me to a bill payment service that is actually drafting my account early and pu...

How to present one outstanding data in a chart
Hi, I've got a number of "normal" value columns in a column chart with one column, that is far higher than all the others. Because of that, the differences between values of all the other columns become hardly visible, since the vertical axis becomes so much higher. Is there any way, in Excel 2007 or 2003, to "cut" the axis somewhere in between to correctly show all the values? I hope you understand what I'm looking for... Many thanks, Sorry, I've just found the answer. It is called "Broken Y axis" and there is a great article on http://peltie...

Finding data within a worksheet made up of links
This should be simple, at least I would think so, but I can't find a way to do it. I have a workbook that imports data from another workbook, then populates another sheet with which I produce my output. The output sheet shows all the appropriate date but the cell reference is simply the link to another worksheet. For example: My sheet shows the number 100 but in the cell it reads =otherworkseet!a1 (the source from which the data is extracted. I want to find out how I can use find or a formula to show me every cell that has the 100 in it without converting it to raw da...

Scan over an item/Highlight when an item does not scan
I have issues with cashiers inadvertently scanning over items or missing an item that sounds like it scans but does not. Are there any fixes out there that would prevent an item from being scanned over and/or a sound or some type of highlight that would flag an unscanned item? Thanks, Carol There are Windows system sounds associated with those events that you can customize, but you have to put a speaker on your PC to take advantage of it. I just did this recently on someone's advice here (Haik, I think). I picked up a set of speakers for about $20. Marc "Lola & Penelop...

QuickBooks Enterprise vs. Microsoft GP
I have to help a customer to decide between implementing QuickBooks enterprise or Microsoft GP. I know that GP has a lot more features than QuickBooks enterprise but sometimes companies don't need all the features on GP.The customer will have 10 users. Could anybody point me to the most important features that QuickBooks lacks? Please remember that the comparison is with the Enterprise edition of QuickBooks and not any other like pro or premier. If they are seriously considering QB Enterprise against GP, tell them to buy QB. Usually when a customer is still seriously considering QB, th...

Re: Previously entered, copy data
Good afternoon all. I have a spreadsheet to keep track of incoming mai claim numbers. It has 2 columns. That's it. A, and B. The rest ar hidden. In A, is the claim number. It can either be XX/????? (2, 3 or 4 (o sometimes 5 chars) or ?????/XX (again, 2 3 4 or 5 chars). Essentiall the XX is the year, and the ???? is the claim number. That's not important. In column B, is a Y/N question. This relates t whether or not the claim has a "Hard File" attached, that being folder that contains all correspondance about it. This is validated s that it can only equal Y, N or YN. Y is...

inputing data #3
i need to input data from a file this is the data 72.339, 72.388, 72.519, 72.567 178.343, 178.377, 178.465, 178.497 315.273, 315.318, 315.384, 315.429............... but i need it to put it in four columns how can i use vba to input this into an existing spreadsheet ...

Safety Scan
XP,Home Edition,SP3 Have tried on and off for a couple of mos to download the safety scan.. Tried both safe and normal mode and still get the error code > 0x08600807...Was recommended by MS Support Services..Would call them back > but they refer me elsewhere and I play ring around the the rosy or is it > posey??Thank you..Nick Back-up any personal data [1] (none of which should be considered 100% trustworthy at this point) then format the HDD & do a clean install of Windows. Please note that a Repair Install (AKA in-place upgrade) will NOT fix this! HOW TO d...

show criteria data from a query on a report using that query
I have a report that runs a query with a date range parameter criteria. It works great, now I want to display the entered date range on the report. Is this posible or do I have to get the range on a form? In the query, I have the following criteria "Between [Enter From Date:] And [Enter To date:]" Now I want to display what the user entered on the report. In a control on the report enter ="Between " & [Enter From Date:] & " And " & [Enter To date:] You can refer to the parameters in the query as if they were fields (in most case...

PSI TCLPROVS Turncrafter Pro VS Variable Speed Wood Lathe
Price:$279.95 Image: http://thediscounfinder.info/image.php?id=B000KI8CZ2 Best deal: http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B000KI8CZ2 The bolts that hold the "headstock" to the "bed" were not machined in the proper location. This condition would not allow (1) of the mounting bolts to be attached. I returned the lathe for a refund. Since the Lathe arived I have had no problems. Construction is very solid without being overly heavy. So far the only times I have noticed the spindel slowing down or stopping have been when a tool gets caught between the tool rest and...