Sales Tax set-up question

I have a tax set up problem with RMS. I am using the "per customer" tax
configuration because we ship products out of state and out of country.

Here is the situation:
Ontario (local) customers pay GST (federal) and PST (state/provincial)
Rest of Canada pay GST only
Outside Canada pay no tax

However, in Ontario some products are still non-taxable (which is no
problem) and some are GST only (which is a problem).

Is there a way to accommodate all of this?

Also, if I have a customer who is from out of province (with an out of
province address in RMS) but who visits my store in Ontario how does RMS know
to charge Ontario sales tax? The documentation implies that "counter sales"
will be taxed as local sales not as out of province sales but I'm not clear
on how this is determined.

Any help is appreciated.

Dan
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

OFFSET question #2
I seem to be having a problem using the OFFSET function. The problem seems to be that it does not work when linking to another file. Example, in file 1 I have a grid that is 5X5 filled with numbers in cells A1..E5 as follows: A B C D E 1 2 3 4 5 6 2 3 4 5 6 7 3 4 5 6 7 8 4 5 6 7 8 9 5 6 7 8 9 10 From file 2 I have set the formula as =OFFSET(A1,3,3) which should return the result of 8 (3 cols over and 3 rows down from cell A1). The formula seems to work fine as long as my source document is open but when the sourece document is closed, I get a #VALU...

OWA question #4
When I manually forward messages the message icon changes from new or opened to forwarded, but when a message is forwarded by rule, the icon doesn't indicate that it was forwarded. That leads me to question whether the message was indeed forwarded properly or just left unopened in the inbox because the message didn't necessarily meet my rules. Please indicate if there is a fix. Microsoft® Office Outlook® Web Access for Exchange Server 2003 ...

setting owa in outlook 2002
i can retrieve my email using outlook express but my outlook 2002 cannot to retrieve that email, even though i using the same setting such as pop3. setting and http. setting My email is using outlook web access as follows: http://owa.dhbproj.com Please help me to setting my outlook 2002 khairul nkam@dhbproj.com ...

How do I set Excel cell format to "Text" from VB.NET?
I am creating an Excel workbook using VB.NET, and have run into a problem. Excel at times insists on reformatting data that I enter into cells, e.g., converting "01234" to "1234", and this screws me up when I need to read the data back. When I run into this problem using Excel interactively I simply change the cell Number format from "General" to "Text", but I haven't been able to figure out how to do this using VB.NET. Here is a code sample: Dim wb as Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Workbook [...workbook is created...] Dim style as Microsoft...

sales Configurator and sales forecast
I am trying to use the sales Configurator in Great Plains in conjunction with the sales forecast. The problem I am running in to is the items in the forecast are the items that make up the configured item, therefore, the item doesn=92t show as a line item on the Sales Order, therefore, not deducted from the sales forecast. I know it's a lot said in one sentence. Forecast item A for 5, B for 3 and C for 2 all in the month of June. Then a sales order for a configured item (Config) has a due date in June calling out A qty 1 and C qty 1. The forecast QTYs for June should be A for 4, B for ...

sales process
In the interest of saving a little time and getting it right does anybody have a sales process template already built that executes the stages of the solution selling process? If so you can you email it to me at: crm at (go away spammers) ibizinitiatives.com Or is it posted someplace on the partner site or int tech support someplace that I haven't found yet? much appreciated. Jerry ibizinitiatives. (spammers go away) com Jerry You can download a tool from Microsoft that allows you to export and import workflow processes between crm serve...

how do I change my permission settings on my network
I am trying to share my outlook calendar and I keep getting a message that I can't share calendar because of permission on network settings. How do I change my permission on the network? "vmeyers" <vmeyers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:281C3E1C-498B-4C06-BAD6-B7374CBF6F80@microsoft.com... >I am trying to share my outlook calendar and I keep getting a message that I > can't share calendar because of permission on network settings. How do I > change my permission on the network? If this is for your place of employment, the IT ...

Outlook 2007 Settings
Hi All, I recently got a new laptop with Office 2007 on it. When setting up Outlook I copied all of the settings verbatim from Outlook 2003 on my old system. When I'm in the office I don't have any trouble, it works perfectly. When I'm out of the office I can't connect at all. We have a VPN, but I'm told that the new computer has been granted access on the servers (I don't have access to the servers). We're running Exchange 2003. Any ideas on what I need to change in order for my email to work all of the time? If my post is better suited to a different group plea...

Another OMA question...
I seldom have to resort to posting a new question to solve my Microsoft problems, but after hours of searching Google I can't find anything similar to the problem I'm having. I upgraded my production Exchange 2000 Server to 2003 with no problems. The new OWA is great and working fine. I enabled OMA and was looking forward to testing it but can't even connect successfully internally. When I use the http://servername/oma URL in IE6 I get the logon window as I should, but then I get the following plain text in the browser. <%@ Page trace=false language="c#" ValidateR...

Short Sale of Options
I'm trying out Money Plus Deluxe (trial version). I can't update my investment account because it's hungup on option transactions. I download info from my investment account and I have an option short sale (sell to open). So I now have this list of transactions to enter into Money, and it hits the short option which is listed something like "CHK Sep 45 Call". It tells me that this item already exists, asks if I want to choose another from the pull-down list above, but the pull-down is grayed out. Then I notice an extra space after "CHK", so I delete one ...

strange excel question
i am doing something in a pre designed excel spreadsheet I have a column a cell where i am entering the following data. Enter the weight of each item below. To finish calculating enter the value 0. after the word "Below" i press the ENTER key, to make the rest of the text go onto the next line, this doesn't happen and it goes down to the next cell can anyone tell me how i can make the text after the word "belo" appear on a new line within the same cell I am using Office XP this is for a dry run table of a c++ program i have developed, ironic how a stud...

Comment question please
Excel 2003 When I insert a comment into a cell it automatically starts with my name and a colon. I have a single user machine and have no need for my name to print. I know there is a setting to shut off this feature but I cannot find it. Help please. -- Thanks in advance... Bob You can remove the name by deleting your name from: <Tools> <Option> <General> tab, And clearing the "User" window. However, this does *still* leave the colon. Debra Dalgleish has some code on her web site to make the box completely empty. http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments...

A question about outlook 2007 Safe mode
I have a question: Lately I have had some issues with outlook wating to boot in in safe mode instead of the regular Outlook mode. Is there a problem I need to look at? Thanks Cliff does it tell you why it wants to boot into safe? usually its caused by an addin and if you disable the addin, you'll fix the problem. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips....

SQL Worksheet to Set SO Security
I'm preparing to go live at 37 stores with RMS SO, but must make a bunch of security changes first (along with other changes). We're using HQ. Has anyone ever written a SQL worksheet to set security? Can I safely push down the contents of the "Security" table? I see it has a "StoreID" column, but it appears to be zero in my SO databases. My alternative is to remotely connect to each store and manually (through the SO Manager interface) configure security for each - not pretty and very time consuming. Or I might use a little GUI scripting tool I have (AutoIt). ...

Exchanging items (return and sale in one transaction)
Is is possible to return and sell an item in the same transaction? For example, a customer wants to return clothing in one size and get the same item in another size. There is no price difference. Is there any problem with recalling the original transaction for return and then scanning the right size item in that same transaction? Also, is it possible to return one or more item and simultaneously buy one or more items with different prices/total costs? RMS Help file doesn't have information on this. ______________________________________________________ Larry Leveen OlyBikes Bikes...

ERROR: attempting to set fiscal settings.
Hi all, A desperate post here in an attempt to find a solution as the last thread ground to a halt with no resolution. Three clients now, two SBS 03 and the other Pro 03 installs. Both fresh, not upgrades. ERROR: "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." Anyone seen/solved this??? Thanks. Regards, Nathan Nathan, I too have this problem. It has existed since the first clean install of the system. Our Microsoft CRM Partner doesn't have a solution. Regards, Mark On Mon, 1 May 2006 23:44:01 -0700, Nathan Warner <NathanWarner@di...

How do I set end-of-range to #rows from beginning
Specifically, I am creating a chart that will have a breadth (# data points) based on a variable (value of a cell). Start point is always the same. For instance, a table is created based on a formula. The chart should stop when values in the table reach a certain value, but this could be 20 or 200 datapoints (20-200 rows). I know how many datapoints should be included, but not how to terminate the graph based on this number. I would prefer to do this without VBA, as I am not particularly proficient, but will if the only way. Hi, It would be nice to see some sample data, with a...

entering a sales order
I am a struggling first time GP 7.5 user, and have set up my company to a point where I thought I could try to enter a test sales order and follow it through invoicing, etc... GP's help (in Contents section, Sales Order Processing, Transaction Entry, Orders, Entering and Order) says this: To enter an order: Open the Sales Transaction Entry window. (Transactions >> Sales >> Sales Trx Entry) Select Order, and enter or select the ID of the type of order to enter. Enter a document number or accept the default entry. .... and so on.... But when I go to Transaction >>...

Question marks replaced meeting subject
Hello, One of my co-workers experienced an Exchange/Outlook issue the other day, wherein looking at an appointment in the Outlook 2003 Day view showed a string of question marks in place of the Subject for one of his meetings. If he went into the actual meeting, the Subject displayed fine. The reminder for this meeting also displayed fine. Weird. The meeting was one in a recurring series and no other instance had that problem. Furthermore, the same instance looked fine in OWA, in any view used. Have you ever heard of this or do you have any information about why this would occur? There...

Z Report missing sales transactions
Hi We have 42 stores connecting to RMS HQ and stores blind close and then perform a Z Report every morning. When looking at our year end procedures, we have found hundreds of sales transactions over the past year which appear on the detailed sales report but for some reason are not included in the Z Report sales figures. It is usually just 1 or 2 missing items per Z Report. Any ideas what causes this and how to fix? first step of diagnosing would be.. are these sales missing at the store level? or are they only missing at the HQ level? sometimes not all sales are posted...

Secondary Access Question
I am using a chart with both a primary and secondary axis. The primary axis runs from -4% to 8% while the secondary runs from -1000 to 1200. The 0 point on the secondary axis equates to about 1.5% on the primary axis which makes the graph is a little confusing. Is there any way to add dummy numbers or series or otherwise get the 0 point on the secondary axis at about the same spot vertically as on the primary axis? Thanks in advance for any ideas. --Dan Please ignore my post. I'm embarrassed at how simple the solution was: simply make the ratio of max to min of the two axes the same...

how to save settings for printing several envelopes
I want to print addresses on several envelopes which are the same size but the addresses are different (for Christmas cards). Is there a way to do this without going to options each time and reset the size and font that I want? Create an envelope template. You can start from scratch with a new document, selecting the desired paper size (or specifying a custom size) or use Add to Document to add your envelope to the current document. Then see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/DetachEnvelope.htm for instructions on separating the envelope from the document. Once you have just the ...

Repeating Sales order document!!
On GP 7.0, in SO setup screen there is a box call ALLOW REPEATING DOCUMENTS. What is this function do and how it work. I tried to search for the topic but no luck. Thanks!!! Allow Repeating Documents in Sales Quote Setup: Mark this option if you want to allow documents with this quote ID to repeat. If you mark this option, the Frequency and Times to Repeat fields in the Sales Document Detail Entry window will be enabled and you can enter repeating information as you enter repeating quotes. If you choose to use repeating quotes, you'll have to enter them in a batch so they can ...

Error when forwarding email in Sales outlook Client
Hi, I'm getting an error: "an error has occured please contact your system admin" when I tried to forward an email that has been promoted to CRM in the Sales Outlook client. And, the email is not forwarded because of that error. This error happens once we put a patch in our windows 2003 server that's compatible with Windows xp2 for workstation that runs CRM. After we pt the patch, we re-installed CRM on that server. Before this patch is put, there was no error. Has anybody experienced the same problem? Thank you for your help. Lia Budiman ...

Best Super property sale site for you......sale...sale...sale...sale...sale...sale...
The best site for your information all about property sale http://www.superpropertysale.info thanks. ...