Sale and delivery from different locations

Hi guys,

Here's a scenario some of you might have run into before.

In an HQ environment, how would it be possible  to make sales from one
location,  and make deliveries for that sale from another location?

As far as I know, HQ does not recognize the concept of a warehouse. So I was
wondering if there is some sort of workaround for this issue, whereby a
designated "store" could pick up the sales slated for delivery and act on
it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I knew it...

This one is indeed a toughy.

sales Configurator and sales forecast
I am trying to use the sales Configurator in Great Plains in conjunction with the sales forecast. The problem I am running in to is the items in the forecast are the items that make up the configured item, therefore, the item doesn=92t show as a line item on the Sales Order, therefore, not deducted from the sales forecast. I know it's a lot said in one sentence. Forecast item A for 5, B for 3 and C for 2 all in the month of June. Then a sales order for a configured item (Config) has a due date in June calling out A qty 1 and C qty 1. The forecast QTYs for June should be A for 4, B for ...

Windows 2000 SMTP
If this is not the correct forum for Windows 2000 SMTP questions, I apologize. I need help diagnosing an SMTP message failure. The email was sent via a Windows 2000 workstation running the SMTP service. The recipient does not receive any message and we receive the following failure notice which does not give me any clue as to what the problem is. (I've changed the addresses). Reporting-MTA: dns;WEBBD.McTeens.com Received-From-MTA: dns;WEBBD.McTeens.com Arrival-Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 16:38:04 -0500 Final-Recipient: rfc822;dolly@downtownusalille.com. Action: failed Status: 5.1.3 When I ...

newbie: Visual Studio could not locate a schema for this document
Hi IDE: VS 2003 .Net OS: XP Pro + MSXML 4 I'm experimented with xml in .net for the porpose of learning it... Below I have two questions: *********************************************************** Question 1: When I in visual studio choose to validate my xml file I get this message: C:\MyProjects\Visual Studio Projects\ReadXml\lesson_getelementbyid\country.xml(1): Visual Studio could not locate a schema for this document. Validation can only ensure this is a well formed XML document and cannot validate the data against a schema. Here is my xml file (country.xml): <?xml version=&qu...

Queues - Local Delivery
I use SBS 2003 - Windows Server 2003 and Exchange 2003. Due to some problem, the first Storage Group are failed to mounted. Therefore, I have restored the alll the file to C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA. But some strange things has happenned, one of the internal mail box can sent but not recieve e-mail. (No matter internal or external) I can find it in the Queues of Local delivery, it reveals Retry. I have no way, but to delete the user (include the mail box) and then recreate it. It works. Today, when I return to office, I find the same case for an another user. Anyone please give ...

sales process
In the interest of saving a little time and getting it right does anybody have a sales process template already built that executes the stages of the solution selling process? If so you can you email it to me at: crm at (go away spammers) ibizinitiatives.com Or is it posted someplace on the partner site or int tech support someplace that I haven't found yet? much appreciated. Jerry ibizinitiatives. (spammers go away) com Jerry You can download a tool from Microsoft that allows you to export and import workflow processes between crm serve...

Create calculated query for time difference
Hi, In a list box i am displaying the request number and request date and time for a user after reteriving from table. i need to add one extra column which should display the ageing of the request by taking the difference between request date and time and current date/time. please tell me how this can be done. thanks, navin Hi Navin You could use a calculated column in the query the combo is based on Difference:DateDiff("d", TableName!FieldName,Date()) -- Wayne Manchester, England. "navin" wrote: > Hi, > > In a list box i am displaying the request num...

Short Sale of Options
I'm trying out Money Plus Deluxe (trial version). I can't update my investment account because it's hungup on option transactions. I download info from my investment account and I have an option short sale (sell to open). So I now have this list of transactions to enter into Money, and it hits the short option which is listed something like "CHK Sep 45 Call". It tells me that this item already exists, asks if I want to choose another from the pull-down list above, but the pull-down is grayed out. Then I notice an extra space after "CHK", so I delete one ...

I want to publish to a different place
I am new to Publisher and am running version 2003. The first time I chose "Publish to the Web" I chose to publish to my computer. Now I want to publish to my URL and I'm not getting that as an option. It will only publish to my computer. How can I publish to the ISP server? Publisher - Uploading http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/category/1921.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Colleen" <Colleen@discussions.mic...

Exchanging items (return and sale in one transaction)
Is is possible to return and sell an item in the same transaction? For example, a customer wants to return clothing in one size and get the same item in another size. There is no price difference. Is there any problem with recalling the original transaction for return and then scanning the right size item in that same transaction? Also, is it possible to return one or more item and simultaneously buy one or more items with different prices/total costs? RMS Help file doesn't have information on this. ______________________________________________________ Larry Leveen OlyBikes Bikes...

entering a sales order
I am a struggling first time GP 7.5 user, and have set up my company to a point where I thought I could try to enter a test sales order and follow it through invoicing, etc... GP's help (in Contents section, Sales Order Processing, Transaction Entry, Orders, Entering and Order) says this: To enter an order: Open the Sales Transaction Entry window. (Transactions >> Sales >> Sales Trx Entry) Select Order, and enter or select the ID of the type of order to enter. Enter a document number or accept the default entry. .... and so on.... But when I go to Transaction >>...

Z Report missing sales transactions
Hi We have 42 stores connecting to RMS HQ and stores blind close and then perform a Z Report every morning. When looking at our year end procedures, we have found hundreds of sales transactions over the past year which appear on the detailed sales report but for some reason are not included in the Z Report sales figures. It is usually just 1 or 2 missing items per Z Report. Any ideas what causes this and how to fix? first step of diagnosing would be.. are these sales missing at the store level? or are they only missing at the HQ level? sometimes not all sales are posted...

Repeating Sales order document!!
On GP 7.0, in SO setup screen there is a box call ALLOW REPEATING DOCUMENTS. What is this function do and how it work. I tried to search for the topic but no luck. Thanks!!! Allow Repeating Documents in Sales Quote Setup: Mark this option if you want to allow documents with this quote ID to repeat. If you mark this option, the Frequency and Times to Repeat fields in the Sales Document Detail Entry window will be enabled and you can enter repeating information as you enter repeating quotes. If you choose to use repeating quotes, you'll have to enter them in a batch so they can ...

How to setup multiple domains with different URL with different IP..
Hi, We are using Exchange 2003 SP2, we need to created a few email domains like : mail.abc.com - 10.0.0.1 mail.123.com - 10.0.0.2 mail.xyz.com - 10.0.0.3 When the users want to use the OWA, they just need to key-in the above URL (eg: http://mail.abc.com) without using the default exchange URL like http://mail.abc.com/exchange. Any ideas ? Thanks. Rgrds, Zul Please do not cross post. Here is a link to OWA and multiple SMTP domains, http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/07/owa_and_multipl.html -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Cer...

Best Super property sale site for you......sale...sale...sale...sale...sale...sale...
The best site for your information all about property sale http://www.superpropertysale.info thanks. ...

Publisher cannot open files from a different version??????
A customer sent me a Publisher file created with Publisher 2000 v6.0. I have Publisher 2000 SP3. Why won't publisher open this file? Is it because I went to the trouble of installing the updates as MS suggested? Thanks for any help Do you have Norton? Disable "script blocking" and in Norton options, misc., disable "Office Plug-in." Disable any other anti-virus software and try opening the file. You could try opening it in safe mode, there is the chance the file is looking for a printer driver. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps....

Error when forwarding email in Sales outlook Client
Hi, I'm getting an error: "an error has occured please contact your system admin" when I tried to forward an email that has been promoted to CRM in the Sales Outlook client. And, the email is not forwarded because of that error. This error happens once we put a patch in our windows 2003 server that's compatible with Windows xp2 for workstation that runs CRM. After we pt the patch, we re-installed CRM on that server. Before this patch is put, there was no error. Has anybody experienced the same problem? Thank you for your help. Lia Budiman ...

Sales For Outlook unable to syncronise with CRM server
I have installed the CRM server and loaded up the sample data for evaluation purposes. I then installed the Sales for Outlook on my PC (No errors during any installation so-far). Now when I try to create an appointment task or e-mail, I get the following error: --------------------------- Microsoft CRM --------------------------- An error occurred while trying to synchronize the appointment information to the Microsoft CRM system. --------------------------- OK --------------------------- Is there some configuration I have failed to complete, or does anyone have any ideas about this error? ...

Non Delivery Report
Is there a way to either turn off Non Delivery Reports in Exchange 2003 or to modify them so that don't display the Exchange server name and #5.1.1 because this a potentila security. A hacker could obtain the name of our Exchange server by sending a message to a invalid addres in our domain and getting this information bac. How can I modify the NDR to not show this information or turn it off completly. George In the Default SMTP Virtual Server Properties go the Delivery Tab. On that page click the Advanced button. In the Fully Qualifed Domain Box remove the Server Name and jus...

I need to set sales rep ID for a recall to original sales rep??
At our store, we have run into some problems when people return an item in exchange for another item. When the transaction is recalled for return, the salesrepID from the original transaction appears on the returned items, which is what we want. However, the new items added to the transaction have the sales rep ID of the current POS session. In our particular circumstance we want the sales rep ID for the exchanged items to match the sales rep ID for the original transaction. We do not want to different rep IDs on the transaction. I tried to solve this with a customization, here is ...

layaway and sales transaction
Situation: Customer wants to layaway expensive item, but also has small items she wants right away. I seem to be having a hard time figuring the right way to do this. When I tender I thought it would ask me if it's a partial pickup or not , but it doesn't. Instead it wants a deposit on the entire order some of which needs picked up right away. Now I know I can do it in 2 transactions, but is there a way to do it all in one transaction. I require a 50% deposit on layaways. I've been doing this in 2 transactions and adding the totals together for far too long. Please tell me I...

Looking for Receipt Help
I have modified some of our receipts and reports but need some help with this one please. I want to remove the Black Bar which appears behind the words "Sales Receipt" and "You Saved $ amount". I found the words for "You Saved" but not the other, believe it's the Transaction.ReceiptReferenceName though. I see nothing that has Black Bar anywhere. I know there is a report in the reports section but I have made other changes that I don't want to lose. I tried to find the difference between that report and mine where is says "You Saved" but ...

2 different fonts in the same cell?
Hello! If I want (Times New Roman) "This is a red Wingdings 3 triangle ([change font] Wingdings 3: 123 [back to Times New Roman]").", I can do that in a cell. But if I refer to that cell (=A1) in B1, the Wingdings font doesn't come over and it winds up all TImes New Roman and looks like "This a red Wingdings 3 triangle ({)." How can I "=A1" for a cell that has two fonts in it and have the two fonts show up?? Thanks! VR/ Lost You can't have that in a FORMULA. You would have to change it to text first. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel Sales...

Exchange 5.5 IMS Services Awaiting delivery
Sorry I clicked YES and i think I may have ended the posting by doing so Thank you for you time in this Yes i can see all the messages and who they are from most of them are just spammed emails with an unknown sender. ( ifo you mean looking via the IMS services awaiting delivery queue unedr the properties page) "Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote: > On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 06:49:03 -0800, pockettes > <pockettes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > > > >Hello, > >I have several emails queued for delivery. I am unable to delete them. Many > >are from ...

Camera Sale -Nikon , Canon, Minolta , Sony ,Xcam2 , Fujifilm , #2
Camera Sale -Nikon , Canon, Minolta , Sony ,Xcam2 , Fujifilm , http://shopforless.itgo.com/ Camera Sale -Nikon , Canon, Minolta , Sony ,Xcam2 , Fujifilm , from $50 -up for the top brands http://shopforless.itgo.com/ ...

Workflow and Sales Processes
Hello! I am struggling with some CRM workflow issues. For instance, when a proposal is created from an opportunity, I'd like to automatically change the opportunity's sales stage. For some reason, I can't figure out how to determine if a proposal is related to an opportunity and therefore change it's stage! Other issues I'd like to address but can't figure out include closing activities when it's promoted to a response. Any idea? Am I trying to do things that the workflow manager can't handle? Thank you! In the sales process you would have an activity i...