run-time error when I re-print an Invoice

Hello I am new to RMS and I am trying to figure out the reason of the
run-time error every time I try to re-print an invoice or press the journal
button.
the error will result in terminating my existing application (POS) and the
error also says that t"disconnecting from client...) and give me an error
numbers.
Any help?
0
Alexander (39)
3/20/2007 2:15:21 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

HI Alex, can you please specific the exact error no so we can help you in
better way.
actually wanted to know what create error, also do you know how to check the
event log in windows OS check the application event log and find what error
or what is the reason your system is crashing in middle of transaction. this
really help you a lot.

"Alexander" wrote:

> Hello I am new to RMS and I am trying to figure out the reason of the
> run-time error every time I try to re-print an invoice or press the journal
> button.
> the error will result in terminating my existing application (POS) and the
> error also says that t"disconnecting from client...) and give me an error
> numbers.
> Any help?
0
AkberAlwani (916)
3/20/2007 4:51:40 AM
HI Alex, Do you modify your XML recipt file. If you do so go to database on
store operation manager and from Register>Receipt format remove file from
sale partion and reselect agin and try issued Invoice.
This problem happen with me when i modify recept.xml colmun.

I hoppe if this help you.

Best Regards
MOH.Own

"Alexander" <Alexander@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello I am new to RMS and I am trying to figure out the reason of the
> run-time error every time I try to re-print an invoice or press the
> journal
> button.
> the error will result in terminating my existing application (POS) and the
> error also says that t"disconnecting from client...) and give me an error
> numbers.
> Any help?

You probably have a label printer designated as your default windows
printer.  Add a new printer, such as an Adobe PDF printer or MS Office
Document writer and set that as the default printer.  This is done from
"Printers & Faxes" in the Windows Control Panel...

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

Alexander wrote:
> Hello I am new to RMS and I am trying to figure out the reason of the
> run-time error every time I try to re-print an invoice or press the journal
> button.
> the error will result in terminating my existing application (POS) and the
> error also says that t"disconnecting from client...) and give me an error
> numbers.
> Any help?
0
glenn9672 (1267)
3/20/2007 2:36:29 PM
After printing a receipt for a client, and I try to re-print that what I got:

Run-time error = 2147417848 (80010108) automation error. The Object Invoked
has disconnected from its Client"
The same happened when I press F4 for "Journal"

"Akber Alwani" wrote:

> HI Alex, can you please specific the exact error no so we can help you in
> better way.
> actually wanted to know what create error, also do you know how to check the
> event log in windows OS check the application event log and find what error
> or what is the reason your system is crashing in middle of transaction. this
> really help you a lot.
>
> "Alexander" wrote:
>
> > Hello I am new to RMS and I am trying to figure out the reason of the
> > run-time error every time I try to re-print an invoice or press the journal
> > button.
> > the error will result in terminating my existing application (POS) and the
> > error also says that t"disconnecting from client...) and give me an error
> > numbers.
> > Any help?
0
Alexander (39)
3/20/2007 3:19:31 PM
Yessssssss, That was it, I deleted my shared label printer, and that solved it.
Thanks

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> You probably have a label printer designated as your default windows
> printer.  Add a new printer, such as an Adobe PDF printer or MS Office
> Document writer and set that as the default printer.  This is done from
> "Printers & Faxes" in the Windows Control Panel...
>
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information.
>

> Alexander wrote:
> > Hello I am new to RMS and I am trying to figure out the reason of the
> > run-time error every time I try to re-print an invoice or press the journal
> > button.
> > the error will result in terminating my existing application (POS) and the
> > error also says that t"disconnecting from client...) and give me an error
> > numbers.
> > Any help?

0
Alexander (39)

Auto-print Pivot Table Report that cycles through all Page Field values...
Suppose I have a pivot report with a Page Field. In my case, it allows a drilled-down view for a given state using source data covering all states. Pretty common use case, I imagine. I'd like to be able to have excel print a multi-page report for all states (not together, but individually). It should just cycle through all values of the page-field value. This seems like a pretty basic thing to want to do with a pivot table but so far I don't see that it's possible. I mean, sheesh, they even called it the "page field" as if it's supposed to be part of a multi-pag...

Present Value of One Time Payment N Years in Future
How do you calculate the present value of a one time payment that is N years in the future? -- Will On Jun 10, 9:23 pm, "Will" <westes-...@noemail.nospam> wrote: > How do you calculate the present value of a one time payment that is N years > in the future? Suppose the future value is $100,000 in 20 years. You need to know the annual "rate" -- an interest rate, average growth rate, or a discount rate. Suppose it is 5%. Then the present value is: =pv(5%, 20, 0, -100000) I am a newbee to 2007 and have lost the function of saving a *.dbf file back to a...

CRM 1.0 Crystal Print report error
Hi I am trying to use the builtin crystal reports and every report is coming back with the below error any advice on how to solved this? Regards J Error encountered by Crystal PageServer ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- The error message returned is: Error detected by database DLL. [On Cache/Page Server: CRMSERVER.pageserver] You may need to restart your Crystal Services on your application server: You can accomplish this via the following stepsL 1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Crystal Enterprise, and click Crystal Con...

Need only one DLL instance to run...

Payables Batch error
Hi All, While trying to run Payables Checks (In payables management) we got the following error message: Duplicate check numbers exist for checks in batch To resolve this error, we closed out of the windows so that we could try and recover our check batch, but the batch is not available in the batch recovery window. When we try to view the payables batch (Transactions->Purchasing->Batches), the batch status is stuck on "Check Processing" and when we select that batch, we get the following error message: This batch cannot be edited. Please check the batch status in Batch...

run time error 10-22-03

Print preview anomoly
I have an application that was created in excel which has command buttons, drop down input fields, and Labels. Whenever I go to print preview all of the Visaul Basic command buttons, drop down input fields and labels move to the left of the paage being previewed. Closing the print preview window and the buttons stay to the left. Can anyone help. I have reloaded Office and I am using WIndows XP. This is an Excel 2002 SP3 bug: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;838910&Product=xl2002 -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Jerry Sanner" <anonymous@discussions.m...

System Error when opening Excel 2007
A client is receiving this error "system Error &H80004005(-2147467259)" in excel 2007 when opening a new file or an exisiting file. This error came up after visio 2003 was uninstalled and visio 2007 got installed on his system. This error can be a lot, and I looked a bit around where they say it might be something with memory. But then I wonder why he never gave this error before untill visio 2007 got installed. Any help is welcome and I would be very thankfull to those who can help me in this issue. Greetz ...

Sections breaks and printing
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, <br><br>I am trying to print a document that contains multiple section breaks, as some pages are landscape and others are portrait. When it comes to print, it is printed as multiple documents. This happens with PDF export both from the print dialog and the save as command. <br><br>I could print to PDF and then combine each file using acrobat pro, but this is a lot of work. Is there any way to either have different orientations (with different header and footers) without using page br...

Automatically run macro

Preview
I am using Publisher 2007 with Windows 7 and everytime I try to preview the document, Publisher goes into "not responding" mode and resets the preview all over again and again and again.... Any ideas how to fix this? Is your video/graphics driver current? Take a look at the 4th FAQ here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs Windows 7 may have the display properties placed differently. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Ulli" <Ulli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEB7AA38-7A4F-4F36-842D-EB8CF67ABD01@microsoft.com... ...

Excel Continuous Running Total

A spreadsheet model to estimate waiting times?
Hi All I am trying to develop a simple model to estimate (predict) waiting times (medical context) based on the following input data: IR, input rate (i.e. number of requests for test x received per week). In other words, demand. OR, output rate (i.e. number of appointment slots available per week). In other words, capacity. The build-up of patients waiting (waiting list, WL) is fairly easy to calculate (I think!), so long as the IR and the OR remain constant: WL=(OR/(IR/OR)+WN), where WN is the week number that the test request is received, but the waiting time itself (in weeks) is trickier, ...

Synchronization errors #2
Outlook 2003 is not properly synchronizing offline files. I have gone throught the send/receive settings I have checked the cache mode. However, it will synch the files if you manually go through each folder right click and Prcess the Headers. Operating System for this machine is XP. Thanks in advance for any help and guidance If you delete the .ost and try again does it work? If you try a new mail profile, does that help? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my...

DoCmd.OpenReport error 2501
Hello. Using Access 2002 on Windows XP Pro, SP2 computer. When running the code at the end of this post, it blows up on the DoCmd.OpenReport with error 2501. I can't figure out why. I tried searching for that error with no luck. This problem only occurs on one computer. The same program works for everyone else on the LAN. It is being run from a network drive. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks, Tony If strWhere = " " Then DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview Else DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview, , strWhere End If Exit_Command2_Cli...

http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.xsd parsing error
Short: It seems that System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchema cannot handle the original http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.xsd. How do I workaround? Is there a "Microsoft compatible XML Schema schema" anywhere? The Long Story: I have an XML format that somewhere embeds an xs:schema <xs:element ref="xs:schema"/> to accomplish this, i have to add <xs:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"/> to my XSD and define a namespace prefix xs. System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchema fails to load my schema, because xs:element is not defined", so i changed this...

Sorry if this has been asked a 1000 times but
...how can I restore a corrupt .mbf file? The existing salvage utils appear to only work on .mny files. Many thanks! In microsoft.public.money, [ice] wrote: >..how can I restore a corrupt .mbf file? Corrupt in the sense that Money says it is corrupt? I don't see any hope. Corrupt in the sense that the OS cannot read the media correctly and gets CRC errors? There are data recovery services that might be able to help you. Sometimes a different drive on another computer can read that floppy that you machine won't. Write-protect that floppy now. Copy what you can from each of the ...

NTVDM error?
I just got a new Dell laptop, and installed ProSeries 2009 tax software. The program won't open and I get the error: "16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem. C:\ProWin09\32bit\PROSER~1.EXE The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction." Can anyone help? Try this thread http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-5039-NTVDM-CPU-illegal-instruction-.html "court475" <court475@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E4A8614-9C1C-4EE6-B26B-55C0A19827F9@microsoft.com... >I just got a new Dell laptop, and installed ProSeries 2009 tax sof...

Excel Short of memory error
Where is the repair feature to try and fix this problem? Perhaps you could give us a few more details:- What OS What version Excel When does the error occur Is it specific to one file Does it happen to all files Does it happen with no files but when you start excel All of these things help us enormously, and the trick to getting a good answer is in asking a good question, else you end up dancing around with a dozen different options whilst we run through the book.. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /...

Create a custom footer for all Excel worksheets at one time...
I want to create a custom footer, just once, that could be applied to all worksheets in an Excel workbook. Microsoft Word lets you do this, so why not Microsoft Excel? BigCat Try the code below: Be sure to substitute the information for what you want. HTH Dennis ******************************************** Sub PageSetupAllSheets() Dim EachSheet As Worksheet For Each EachSheet In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets With EachSheet.PageSetup ' &F = File ' &A = Tab ' &D = Date ' &T = Time ' &P = Page ' &N = Pag...

Why cant I print 3 5/8 x 6 1/2 envelopes?
I am trying to print 3 5/8 x 6 1/2 sized envelopes using Microsoft Word 2003. It gives me the option of that size envelope, but when I try to print it, an error comes up saying it doesn't detect the right sized paper. HELP!! Will Word let you print any size of envelope? If so it seems there may be some issue with your printer driver and this envelope size. Simply use a larger envelope size that Word will accept (or even a standard paper size - A4 or US Letter) and adjust the margins to suit. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<...

Re: Outbox and Sentbox
Milly, I could not get "Reply" to work to your response to my earlier message? My version is Microsoft Outlook 98 Internet Mail Only. David. Please repost your original question - I have since cleaned up the group since it is so busy. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, David Paterson asked: | Milly, I could not get "Reply" to work t...