Row cannot be located for updating. Same values may have been chan

I'm getting this message with increasing frequency when saving a new item.
The item will save, but the barcode is missing.  I can add it in when I go
bakc in and it saves.

Anyone have any ideas about th cause?

Heidi
0
HCF (2)
6/4/2009 7:49:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Have you tried doing a Reindex and Repair on the database? If not give that a
try and see if the problem persists.

Robert

"HCF" wrote:

> I'm getting this message with increasing frequency when saving a new item.
> The item will save, but the barcode is missing.  I can add it in when I go
> bakc in and it saves.
>
> Anyone have any ideas about th cause?
>
> Heidi

Hiding blank rows
I have a spreadsheet with columns, first name, last name, home phone, business phone and cell phone. When I don't have phone information in any of the three columns I would like that column to be hidden or deleted. Can I do this in some automated fashion? Thanks. Michael try adding a column in that column put something like =if(counta(b2-d2)>0,"",1) and use autofilter to hide the 1s "mlkpied" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with columns, first name, last name, home phone, > business phone and cell phone. When I don't have phone information in any of ...

Can you lock a drop-down cell so that it sorts with the row?
I have created drop-down cells (type of business) for my client contact list but when I sort that list alphabetically or by last contacted date the drop-down cells don't sort with it. How can I solve that issue? Thanks for the responses! Are these Data Validation dropdown lists? Where is the list range located? i.e. =$A$2:$A$20 If inside your sort area the lists should change to whatever is in A2:A20 after the sort. Tested in 2003 and 2007 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 13:19:01 -0800, Lisa in Victoria <Lisa in Victoria@discussions.micros...

making all formulas appear in the cells instead of values
Hi all, How do I make all the existing formulas in a worksheet appear on it, instead of the resulting values? I opened a worksheet that have looks this way, but I don't know how it was done. Thanks in advance, Alejandro I found it out! tools/options/view/formulas Thx! -- Alejandro Caballero Aste Ministerio de Econom�a y Finanzas Direcci�n General de Asuntos de Econom�a Internacional, Competencia e Inversi�n Privada Tlf 311-5930 Axo 3536 ecaballero@mef.gob.pe "Alejandro Caballero Aste" <ecaballero@mef.gob.pe> wrote in message news:%23qJrSVgVHHA.4796@TK2MSFTNGP05...

Macro for merging rows
I have a fairly large spreadsheet that are sorted based on a file # (ie: E0800100, E0800101). The spreadsheet is setup to where each entry is on an individual row as seen below: A B C E0800100 Review.... 1.0 (hr) E0800100 Review.... 2.0 E0800101 Review.... 1.5 E0800102 Review.... .5 I am trying to organize the spreadsheet so that there is only one row per file number and the Descriptions (B) and Time (C) extend along the columns of that row. A. B....

money 2003 online updates
hello, the online quotes updates in no longer working. it does not even show up when i right click from the portfolio view. only manual updates shows up. i tried connecting to one of the credit card accounts and it worked fine and downloaded all thc curent transactions. my broker accounts did not seem to dowlonad either. any ideas on why these both seem to stop working? thanks, joel Read the End User License Agreement (EULA). I believe online updates ceased a certain number of years after purchase or after a certain drop-dead stop date. That date depends on the version you bought. -...

Mail merge problems with Outlook security update
Hi there, I've recently installed some security updates to Office 2000 via windows Update, and now when running an (email) Mail Merge, it askes me if I want to allow this action *for each & every recipient*! even if I check the 'allow this action' box for 10 mins. I've changed the Macro security setting, but this makes no difference. Can anyone help? thanks in advance, Jamie Your options are all outlined here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Work Hard" <enquiries@workhardpr.com> wrote in message news:...

To find the Last row
The following is the pattern of the data I have. I need to know which is the last row which has the data A1 - AAA A2- BBB A3 - <blank> A4 - CCC A5 - DDD A6 - <Blank> A7 - <Blank> A8 - <Blank> A9 - EEE. In the above example I want to get the row number as 9 as the last row which has the data. Can this be acheived by some formula. I tried COUNTA, but it does not serve my purpose. Please help. Thanks Anand ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.Excel...

FWD: Try on these correction update from the MS Corp.
--omvflfmgecbtuznop Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pesxyyfvxtk"; type="multipart/alternative" --pesxyyfvxtk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="locjfxspwlfruwcg" --locjfxspwlfruwcg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from th...

HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE?

looking for empty row to paste a range of copied cells
Hi - I am trying to make a code that will copy a range ("A27:L27") on sheet 1 and then look for the next empty row on sheet 2 and paste it in range ("A27:L27") . I would also like the macro to insert a new blank row (or insert the copied row) for the purpose of shifting existing SUM functions on sheet 2 down. I would like those functions to be right below the copied/pasted cells every time the macro is executed. Thanks for any help - Jim A You don't Mention What column you want to sum This code will copy and paste to the fist row and then sum column D Sub Cop...

Row Limit in Excel
I work a lot with excel and I know that the row limit is 65,536, but I need more than that. Is there any way to make the number of rows infinite or at least to give me a certain amount of more rows. If there is please let me know. Thank you. -- Please help Molly, that is all there is, per sheet. -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Molly" <molly_carols@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FD2C7921-E249-4...

Can I control linked cell property value in a copied ActiveX contr
I need to copy an ActiveX control approximately 200 times in 1 worksheet (not form). The LinkedCell property value does not change when I copy and paste - so I end up with 200 controls pointing to the same cell. This is a pain to edit. The control is invoked with the following syntax =EMBED("Forms.ScrollBar.1",""). It "smells like I should be able to expose that cell address so a copy might work but I can't find any reference to the EMBED on line or in 6 books. Any help or redirection would be much appreciated. ...

Row colouring that accommodates filtering?
What can be used instead of "=MOD(ROW(),2)=1" that accommodates filtering, pls? The above gives clumps of identically-coloured rows, dependent on the particular filter criteria used. Thank you! :oD As long as there are no empty cells within the filtered list: Assume A1:B1 is the header row. A2:B10 is the data Select the range A2:B10 Conditional Formatting Formula Is: =MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A1:$A$2),2)=0 Biff "StargateFanFromWork" <NoSpam@NoJunk.com> wrote in message news:%23wKPl8LmHHA.4768@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > What can be used instead of "=MOD(ROW...

Insert row with formatting from row below instead of row above?
My default Excel template has the top row formatted as a header, with bold text and a dark bottom border to distinguish it from the rows below. So if I insert a row at row 2, the new row is formatted like the header. Then I have to select the new row and remove the bold font, remove the dark border, select the header row and reapply the bottom border. Is there a way I can change the insert default so that it takes it's formatting from the row below instead of the row above. Or better yet, so that it has no formatting at all? Hi AFAIK you can't change this behaviour -- Regards Fra...

how to update calendar in publisher 2007
Why doesn't calendar wizard update the dates when you change the month? It only changes the month, so I end up starting from scratch. What am I missing? sjn The calendar wizard works okay, it is there on the right when you select calendars. You may have to scroll down a little. It says "Set Calendar Dates" The Design Gallery calendars wizards are missing, this is a bug I hope will be fixed in the service pack. If you are asking about custom dates and appointments, they will have to be typed manually on each month, or copy and pasted. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office...

calculating row by row
I would like to have Excel total the sum of a row 5 of randomly generated numbers in a 6th column, one column at a time. I have no problem generating the random numbers and totalling them but I would like to generate the first number and place it in the total column then when I initiate it generate the second number, add this to the first and place it in the total and so on to the 5th column. Is this possible? Many thanks. Unless I'm missing something here, this formula should do it for you. This is for row 2 on the sheet, and would go into cell F2 =SUM(A2:E2) That formula will &q...

11.3.0 Update
I try to install the Office 11.3.0 update and get a message saying: "The installer cannot locate the correct version of the software required to instal this update". I am running Mac OSX 10.4.8, and all other Office updates have istalled without any dramas. Have run Repair Disk Permissions. Any hints? domvilla@bigpond.net.au wrote: > I try to install the Office 11.3.0 update and get a message saying: > "The installer cannot locate the correct version of the software > required to instal this update". I am running Mac OSX 10.4.8, and all > other Office upd...

Total Change not Updating
When I run update for the investment summary none of my stocks show any change in price which I think makes the Days Total Change in my portfolio manager never show anything. I remember it working a while ago but it doesn't work anymore so I never see what my daily total change is. Anyone have any ideas why these stock prices are not updating? What version of Money? Is it more than two years since installation (Standard) or 3 years (Deluxe and Premium)? Do your other accounts update? -- Peace, BobJ "David6734" <David6734@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

placing a value in a field
Hello: With the use of VBA, what code would you use to populate the Employee ID field in one window with the same empliyee ID (value) from another open window? Thanks! childofthe1980s Set the value of the second window field = to the value of the first window field. You will need to qualify the name of the field. Put on whichever window event is appropriate to your case - probably the After Open event. I can give you more exact information if you'll give me the object names involved. EmpID.focus (windowname.fieldname) Leslie "childothe1980s" wrote: > Hello: >...

EXcluding Zeros from the average in a row
HI I am trying to average a row of numbers (F35:U35) that have numeric zeros in some of the cells. However, I would like to exclude them, and the cells from the calculation "=AVERAGE(F35:U35)". Is there a way to do that? Thanks -- Geo Hi Geo This array formula will do the job: =AVERAGE(IF(F35:U35<>0,F35:U35)) To be entered with <Shift><Ctrl><Enter> instead of <Enter>, also if edited later. -- Best Regards Leo Heuser Followup to newsgroup only please. "Geo" <Geo@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:9C2B0B65-1AF...

Visio 2007 value stream mapping help guide
Hello, I would like to have a tutoriel to how to use the VSM template in visio 2007. Do you have any usefull information that will show how we enter all the data and customize the mapping ? I have a specific information on the process icon: how do we change the number of operator ? I find how the hide it by right clicking on icon, but I never find how to change it. Look on the example on the office web site: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/visio/HA101130241033.aspx There is 1 operator for Stamping and 2 operators for the assambly box. Also, on the second picture on that link, the Stamp...

Accessing Client JavaScript after Selecting Row from Grid

Sorting Rows by Color
Excel 2003: Is there a way to sort rows by color? Put all the blue rows together, all the green together, etc? There is but you need to work it. Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "SharonJo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:144901c4f9c9$f734ec80$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Excel 2003: Is there a way to sort rows by color? Put all > the blue rows together, all the green together, etc? ...

Automatic Reply to update message
Hi Is there a way to automatic reply to the update message you get when updating your records?? -- bg Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200707/1 Thanks.... scubadiver wrote: >If it is the warning message you are referring to you can turn it off. > >docmd.setwarnings false > >> Hi >> Is there a way to automatic reply to the update message you get when >> updating your records?? -- bg Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200707/1 ...

Enter Parameter value problem
I have a database which has been in use for quite some time. Recently I changed a field name in TableA from county to country. This table is related to TableB and TableC and also part of a query. Now when I open TableA or TableB or the query, a dialog box opens asking "Enter Parameter Value" for TableA.county with the blank datasheet in the background (only the first field of the first record is filled). If I click OK or cancel or Esc the dialog box disappears and the datasheet fills up with all the records. I have looked at the query and the tables in design view but can...