Rob...Cost update trigger

I found a post that originally included a cost update trigger that Rob had
created. It updates the sales price based on a new cost. I can't get the
attachment anymore. Anybody out there have the trigger?

Thanks,
G E
0
ge (28)
10/20/2006 4:03:05 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Originating Receipt Cost vs. Purchase Receipt Cost in POP10500
Can anyone explain the difference between the two fields in POP10500 (Purchasing Receipt Line Quantities) Originating Receipt Cost (ORCPTCOST) and Purchase Recipet Cost (PCHRPTCT). I am creating a SmartList using SmartList Builder and am trying to determine which of these fields will best serve my needs. I have been unable to find any discussion of the differences between these two fields. Thank you for your help. This will only matter if you are using multi-currency. Originating is the cost in the foreign currency Purchasing cost is the cost in the functional currency Hope that helps ...

How to update the Chart automatically?
I have a spreadsheet with lots of financial indices, for each of th indices, I have a chart displaying their performance. These indice will be updated everyday or everyweek. How can I make the chart to b updated by itself once a new performance is entered on a new cell rather than go to Source data and drag the cell down -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Jon Peltier has instructions for creating dynamic charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html vickyho1008 < wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with lots of financial indices, for each of the > i...

cell that updated when spreadsheet is modified
I need to figure out a formula that returns the date when the spreadsheet was last modified. any changes number, letter, symbol...if I make any change I need the formula to return back the date it was modified...any help....thanks.... ...

Sort Pages update for 2010
OK, now that OneNote 2010 is RTM, can someone with the requisite technical acumen please update the Sort Pages powertoy so that it works properly with the new version? I'm desperately in need of page-sorting capability but I am loath to attempt it myself -- my skill set are in somewhat different areas. Thanks. -- //Steve// Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS Email: steve.silverwood@gmail.com Blog: http://stevesilverwood.blogspot.com Twitter: http://twitter.com/kb6ojs ...

OT: Attn Rob "Crash" Giordano
I hear congrats are in order for you! -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 Heehhhheee...yah but I haven't had the official notice from April yet. I've been pretty excited about it! Thanks! "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message news:eDlAMMvvHHA.3364@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... |I hear congrats are in order for you! | | -- | JoAnn Paules | MVP Microsoft [Publisher] | | ~~~~~ | How to ask a question | http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 | | | It's good to be ...

auto updates
Hi. When I added the media disks for Publisher, and also installed PictureIt, Windows insisted on installing IE6 (previously using 5.5). Now, every so often, my firewall blocks Microsoft from running Microsoft Works Update Detection. I don't want any auto update and I looked through IE and OE but can't find the settings to turn this off. No search matches 'update'. Can someone here help or should I go to the IE forum? Thanks! -- Hugs, Erika ...

Get IE8 without going through Windows Update
Is there a downloadable version of IE 8 for XP without having to go through Windows Update to patch IE6 to IE7 to IE8? This link should get you up and running on Internet Explorer 8: 'Download details: Windows Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP' (http://tinyurl.com/cco99s) Cheers, Bryn IE Outreach Team -- bryn_ie8team Hi, You should be able to get the version you need from http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/worldwide-sites.aspx - Don [MS MVP- IE] "Jason" <none@here.com> wrote in message news:Ot8v%23BL6KHA.4204@TK2M...

Dynamics GP Client Update Security Issue
Hi, I tried deploying the July Tax Update (.msp) via the Automatic client Update tool and sadly failed... When I enable the update at nex login my users (and myself) get the message but after acknowledging it they immediately get the "infamous" "Not privileged to open this form" message. I have no idea what this for can be. I wanted to do a Dexterity Trace but I have no way to start it before being loggued in. So I started recording a macro, hoping it would tell me which form is opened but I don't seem to have it in the macro. Here are the lines: .... # DEXVER...

Job Costing functionality
Hi, I need to be able to create an project as follows: e.g. ORD CAT JD00067, as the project number. The project consists of one machine, which is the Drying Oven Drive Assembly (DWG NO. 221002001), plus labor; delivery and installation costs. The machine consists of two sub assemblies, 221002003 and 221002004. These sub assemblies are made up of the parts that are shown in the parts lists on the drawings. All these parts; the sub assemblies and main assembly need to be created in inventory. We also have to add labor costs to each of the sub assemblies. At the end of the process the it...

Removing Display of cost fields
We use manufacturing and SOP. I have a request by the owner to remove the display of the current and standard cost fields for all but a select few users. The users would still need to be able to see the price lists. Is this possible? You could use Modifier to create copies of the existing forms, hide the cost fields, and grant security to the modified forms to the users you don't want viewing the cost data. Grant security to the unmodified forms to those users you do want to see the cost data. It would be nice if you could do this in Field Level Security but unfortun...

Screen updating
Is there any way of changing the behaviour when a graph is activated; it turns white (my background is black). I tried the Screenupdating = false statement but it has no effect for this. Thks, Mark ...

Microsoft Money Plus Updates
To: Microsoft Money Product Management While I will find Money the most compelling personal finance application out there have barely been worth the update cost. The past few revisions have added very little in value. What is going on? I expect more out of Microsoft. Very disappointing. GCraig Telluride, CO "gcraig" <gcraig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:156C0E6B-A006-45B3-AEE3-AE4039E823F0@microsoft.com... > To: Microsoft Money Product Management No product management here. -- Chris Cowles Gainesville, FL ...

SELF Attribute not updating through firewall
We have an AD forest recently upgraded Exchange 5.5 to 2003 SP2. I think that something we did in the last month or two in regards to shutting down the old NT servers has caused this oddity to occur: Our Forest is two domains. One domain has about 1,000 users, the subdomain has about 12. The subdomain is behind a PIX firewall. We recently upgraded Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. Everything has worked for quite some time. I think that something we did recently, as we shut down more and more of the old NT servers has caused the following odd problem, but I can't figure out what is cau...

Picklist Updating
Newbie question for y'all. I have updated the picklist information (added a few values, deleted others) on the Contact Form and saved it. But, when I go to use the Contact information the picklist data still has the original picklist. I go back to the Form editor and it shows the correct information that I modified. What steps am I missing? Hi Michael, you need to publish you customizations from the Deployment Manager. When you make changes to the forms, the changes are stored in XML in the database. When you publish from deployment manager, the xml form data is then updated on t...

This has EVERYTHING to do with the recent microsoft update
I installed the damn thing today and after system reboot my Outlook 2007 lost both the ability to connect to an Exchange server and send/ receive on POP accounts. This is outrageous!!!!!!!!!! I installed 3 updates today:Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806); Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 1 (KB929300); and finally the 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 1 (SP1). Now I may be wrong, but this SP1 is probably the one causing the problem. Microsoft, learn to make patches that work and don't ruin things!!!!!!!! ...

Allow decimal places for item prices to be different than cost
Inventory items can be assigned a number of decimals per currency, and this setting is used for both unit cost and unit price including extended pricing. Therefore, if you track 5 decimals for the cost of an item, then you must price it with 5 decimals. If you are tracking items with varying numbers of decimals, then the SOP data entry professionals will be more prone to making data entry errors when entering unit price since the number of decimals for each line item could be different. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestion...

Attn: Rob Giordiano (Crash)
I got your file and I can print it to a .pdf file and it's showing up with the pages in the proper order. I do get some message about page size being too small but that could probably be fixed with a setting. I used Pub 2000 to view your file but I have Acrobat 7. That could be part of the reason for the differences. I tiled your .pdf file with mine. The pages are in the same order as yours. The biggest difference I can see is that I can actually read the page numbers on my .pdf but not yours. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Hey thanks for the feedback! Yah some ...

Add Batch control for Inventory Adjust Costs posting
Add batch ID processing to Inventory Adjust Costs utility and add Adjust Costs entries to Orgin list in Posting Setup for Inventory. the Inventory Adjust Costs Utility creates one journal entry and batch ID per item processed. Batch processing Would enable users who make large numbers of inventory cost adjustments to summarize by account and avoid volumes of individual journal entries. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message...

Updating data from other Excel workbooks/Worksheets
Hi I've created a workbook (let's call it Bucket) which fetches data from some linked workbooks. However when I open Bucket I get error message '#VALUE!'. What I have done is add a formula which is supposed to to do some calculation in the other worksheet and then update information in Bucket. Refreshing does not work and I've already changed the trust center settings to automatcially update the data links. What should I do...? Just a note: When I open all source files from "edit links" the data gets updated. "Asim" wrote: > ...

Update Query & Yes/No Field
Hi - I am working with Access 2003. I have a field with the "Yes/No" format. Is there a statment I can time in an Update query which will place a check mark for Yes? I tried the following statement: UPDATE [Purchased] SET [Lotus Tealight] = Is Not Null; And received the following error message: Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'Is Not Null'. I have a query with close to 1200 records (the database itself has 5000 records) which need to be checked Yes as to purchasing a specific item and I really do not want manually check each record. Thanks! I ...

Dynamically update label axis *format* without VBA? (03 and 07)
Workbook currently being developed in 2003, but will be used in both 2003 and 2007. I have a chart that has dynamic (named range) sources. Users can pick the metric of interest (revenue, %attendance, etc) and their location, and the graph will update with the appropriate data. The problem is the Y-Axis; I haven't figured out how to force the format to a particular type (number, dollars, percentage, etc) without using VBA. If I set the axis as percent and then select a revenue graph, I get super huge percentages instead of the desired number format (and visa versa). Is ...

Updates not installed
KB976884, KB976416, and KB977304 have failed numerous times. Why? Is there a specific reason? What can I do? Cherry wrote: > KB976884, KB976416, and KB977304 have failed numerous times. Why? > Is there a specific reason? What can I do? So you have Microsoft Works and Microsoft Office 2007 installed? Or just Microsoft Works and some 'viewers' for Microsoft Office 2007? Or had Works installed but installed Office 2007 and did not fully remove Works? Or just Outlook 2007 and InfoPath 2007 and Microsoft Works? Have you tried downloading the patches manually and ...

Routing and Standard Cost Rollup
Question: How does the standard cost rollup use the routings to calculate the Pending SC? We ran a rollup. In the review report, we have an item (21000557) that has a CURRENT COST for the Labor of zero ($0.00) and a PENDING Cost for labor of $50.00. However, in the Routing Sequence Entry, we're shoing a labor time of ..35 hours (at $50 / hour). We expect the PENDING cost to be $17.50 (not $50.00). We're (obviously) missing something, here ... can you explain how this works? Thanks. G The standard cost rollup is rather complex but we cover it in detail in our book on ...

keep value from last update and don't ask to update links
I have a spreadsheetE that refers to a spreadsheetC on my C drive. SpreadsheetC has all of the information for all of the employees. SpreadsheetE links to SpreadsheetC only for that employee's information. When I email SpreadsheetE to keep the values when I email them, don't ask to update links. One simple way would be to have the employee say NO to update links. But in the instance that the employee has this option automatic, that employee will get a VALUE# error because I am using functions such as COUNTIF, etc. Is there a way to have SpreadsheetE keep the value as I ema...

Recordset Not Updateable
I have set up an access database to track technical support and training services. I'm pretty new to Access and Very new to VB programming. I have hit a wall with something and have found no solution in help or on these discussion groups. Here's what I'm attempting to do, from the user's perspective. This process works great up to the very end, then things fall apart. Let's say the user wants to look at all open support cases. The user presses a button called "All Open Cases." A very basic query runs, and the results are shown in a read-only (contin...