RMS Store Ops should have a Related Items Tab in Item properties

RMS Store Ops 1.3

There should be a tab in item properties to set-up related items. This would
be very useful if you're using software, like Nitrosell, to sync RMS with
your webstore.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a0d24366-79fc-4979-826e-a50ef165f711&dg=microsoft.public.pos
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

HI Vic,
I think you are talking about the Tag along item if this is what you are
talking it is already available in RMS.

"Vic Chandelier" wrote:

> RMS Store Ops 1.3
>
> There should be a tab in item properties to set-up related items. This would
> be very useful if you're using software, like Nitrosell, to sync RMS with
> your webstore.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a0d24366-79fc-4979-826e-a50ef165f711&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
AkberAlwani (916)
4/14/2007 10:12:01 AM
Hello Akber,

Thanks for your comment.
Unfortunately, the Tag along is not what I'm looking for, although it is
similar. The Tag along feature allows you to set-up one item that is
automatically included with another items when entered at POS.
Related items could be several items that would commonly be purchased
together.
I.e. if you sold an I-Pod, the related items would be a Docking Station,
Skins, a Car Charger etc.
The Item Message field can also be used to remind the cashier about other
items the consumer might want.
Neither of these fields would be very useful when populating a webstore with
RMS items.

V.C.

"Akber Alwani" wrote:

> HI Vic,
> I think you are talking about the Tag along item if this is what you are
> talking it is already available in RMS.
>
> "Vic Chandelier" wrote:
>
> > RMS Store Ops 1.3
> >
> > There should be a tab in item properties to set-up related items. This would
> > be very useful if you're using software, like Nitrosell, to sync RMS with
> > your webstore.
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a0d24366-79fc-4979-826e-a50ef165f711&dg=microsoft.public.pos
Hi Vic,
I do agree what you said that there is no such thing, actually RMS is not
base on full web solution however you can develop such add-on tools which can
directly integered with RMS. If I were at your position I would have done my
own development and integred my web app with RMS.

"Vic Chandelier" wrote:

> Hello Akber,
>
> Thanks for your comment.
> Unfortunately, the Tag along is not what I'm looking for, although it is
> similar. The Tag along feature allows you to set-up one item that is
> automatically included with another items when entered at POS.
> Related items could be several items that would commonly be purchased
> together.
> I.e. if you sold an I-Pod, the related items would be a Docking Station,
> Skins, a Car Charger etc.
> The Item Message field can also be used to remind the cashier about other
> items the consumer might want.
> Neither of these fields would be very useful when populating a webstore with
> RMS items.
>
> V.C.
>

> "Akber Alwani" wrote:
>
> > HI Vic,
> > I think you are talking about the Tag along item if this is what you are
> > talking it is already available in RMS.
> >
> > "Vic Chandelier" wrote:
> >
> > > RMS Store Ops 1.3
> > >
> > > There should be a tab in item properties to set-up related items. This would
> > > be very useful if you're using software, like Nitrosell, to sync RMS with
> > > your webstore.
> > >
> > > ----------------
> > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> > > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > >
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a0d24366-79fc-4979-826e-a50ef165f711&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
AkberAlwani (916)
4/17/2007 4:50:01 AM
You might be able to use Substitutes for this purpose if you aren't
already using them for their intended purpose.  It's just a link from a
given item to one or more other items.  The context of those links could
be different in your web app than in the POS interface.

Nitrosell's PAM application lets you add additional fields to the item
properties, but I don't believe there is a way to add a list.  I guess
that you could use a comma separated list to store the links, but then
they would have to be resolved on the web side.

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

Vic Chandelier wrote:
> Hello Akber,
>
> Thanks for your comment.
> Unfortunately, the Tag along is not what I'm looking for, although it is
> similar. The Tag along feature allows you to set-up one item that is
> automatically included with another items when entered at POS.
> Related items could be several items that would commonly be purchased
> together.
> I.e. if you sold an I-Pod, the related items would be a Docking Station,
> Skins, a Car Charger etc.
> The Item Message field can also be used to remind the cashier about other
> items the consumer might want.
> Neither of these fields would be very useful when populating a webstore with
> RMS items.
>
> V.C.
>

> "Akber Alwani" wrote:
>
>> HI Vic,
>> I think you are talking about the Tag along item if this is what you are
>> talking it is already available in RMS.
>>
>> "Vic Chandelier" wrote:
>>
>>> RMS Store Ops 1.3
>>>
>>> There should be a tab in item properties to set-up related items. This would
>>> be very useful if you're using software, like Nitrosell, to sync RMS with
>>> your webstore.
>>>
>>> ----------------
>>> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>>> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
>>> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
>>> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
>>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>>
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a0d24366-79fc-4979-826e-a50ef165f711&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
glenn9672 (1267)

How many digit i can set with my Store ID
How many digit i can set with my Store ID? Is it max of 4 digit? I do not suggest more than 5 as this may then cause problems with interstore transfer - also make sure that no transfer ID [which can manually be changed] is more than 14 characters. Afshin Alikhani -- URL http://www.retailrealm.co.uk "Vincen" wrote: > How many digit i can set with my Store ID? > Is it max of 4 digit? ...

Quicker calculations -- storing huge equations or cutting and past
Good afternoon -- I built a workbook used to calculate medical fees and productivity. It's based on several reference lookups, and lots of internal calculations. For each item, there are three calculations, each of which consists of a formula 60-70 keystrokes long. When the user does this work, (s)he may do it for 100-200 items at a time. Right now, it can take 1-2 minutes to calculate the entire workbook so I leave calculation set to manual. My question -- I can either have all the equations located inside the cells, or create a little VB code to copy and paste them ...

Trying to update data in RMS with a web interface
My project is much more complicated, but I am hoping someone can give me some generic tips and/or code to assist me. I want to update a field in RMS with some data the cashier inputs on an HTML form. For example, if a cashier selects a customer using F7, I want them to press a custom button that brings up an HTML window. That html file will have a form where the cashier will enter some text in a textbox. When the cashier presses Submit, the text in the textbox will be written to the Customer.CustomText1 field. The two major issues are 1) how to pass the Customer.ID to the HTML window ...

RMS Turns off
While almost completing a transaction the program closes itself and the desktop secreen is visible. I have two pos machines but it only happens on one. At other times all together it gives a error messages soposuser.exe. Someone please help Alex, having the same problem on 4 terminals running RMS. The problem happens periodically when the user tries to tender a sale. Microsoft support has not been any help on this. Usually an error is generated that can be viewed in the application log. What equipment are you running RMS on? What other peripherals do you have attached? Maybe w...

Closing a PO with non inventory item
When customer creates a PO for their vendor - it includes a non-inventory item. When the PO is received only the inventory items are received. (The receipt process is automated with handhelds so there is not a way to receive this non inventory item) What is the best way to 'receive' the non inventory items in order to have the PO closed. I tried to do a receipt of the inventory items and then when matched the invoice 'recieve' the non inventory item - but that does not work. Any ideas? Andrea, Unfortunately, you will have to manually add the non-inventoried item on th...

RMS SO POS Bug ?
Hi, I use the standard EAN13 weight-code (that like with 20...). When Item with this code have a sale price, the POS do not show the real quantity (price of scale/standard price)*sale price = new quantity for pos. Do You have a solution? Thank you Antonio ...

Access 2007-Displaying Two Forms in One screen with tabs
I want to have a form open up with tabs across the top to enter different information. An Example of this would be the students template, click on student information, then there is a tab for parent/guardina information then a tab for Medical information and then a tab for attendance. I cannot seem to get this programmed for my database. Can someone please help me. -- Thanks, Rackerman Not sure what your specific problem is, but here is some basic info about tab controls. You can put the basic student information controls on the first page of the tab control. To put c...

Any Liquor store RMS Users
Are there any Liquor store using RMS ? Is anyone willing to share some of their best practices, some ways they do things. Is there anything as "best practices' booklet for Liquor store using RMS, Few questions i have How is your inventory kept? Is everything by case based on supplier item numbers and than having a parent/child relationship to single item (bottle, 6 pack , etc) Or is it better to keep inventory by bottle with fast moving items having parent/child relationship How do you cover the need for extra fields needed Size Price per ounce Type, Proof Verital(types ...

Display notes on tab (NotesCount)
Hello CRM-community, a new version of the client side customization NotesCount for CRM 4.0 is available. Some new features like type dependend counters within the notes tab and a tooltip function for more details are now implemented. I created a codeplex project for centralized maintenance and collaborative bug tracking... so as it was for CRM 3.0 in 2007 it's completely free and open-source at http://notescount.codeplex.com/. I hope you'll like it. Comments are gratefully appreciated. Thomas Hi Thomas Brilliant Thank you Pete Thomas Roschinsky wrote: > Hello CRM-commun...

BOM
Hi Folks I have defined a Labour Service Item in my Inventory Masterfile. As it is a service item it does not have a unit cost. I'm needing to use it as part of a BOM. When I do the assembly transaction I would like to cause a recovery to my Labour expense account by having access to the value for the labour item. I can see that for my conventional Sales Inventory items in the BOM the system will use the unit cost of my lot for those items, but my service item is a problem. If you cannot have a cost of that service item pull through onto the BOM, then what use is it to inc...

Prices and cost Set to zero when exporting a new store
When I export a new store with 1.2.085v from headquarters all the cost and price information is set to zero. I have seen that there is a fix for 1.3v but i cannot seem to find any other fix for our version. Any suggestions? Thanks Joe Just run worksheets to update the cost and price. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information. Joe Gonzalez wrote: > When I export a new store with ...

Stored procedure, delete from multiple tables
Hello, In a stored procedure i want to delete data from multiple tables. Now i am doing this in my stored procedure: DELETE FROM table1 DELETE FROM table2 DELETE FROM table3 DELETE FROM table4 .... and so on Is it possible to do this in a more elegenat manner like holding the table names in some kind of array or variable and use a cursor or something to do de deletion? Any help would be very appreciated!!! Marcel See Dan Guzman's script to do that DECLARE @TruncateStatement nvarchar(4000) DECLARE TruncateStatements CURSOR LOCAL FAST_FORWARD FOR ...

RMS 2.0 and PC Charge
Is anyone using PC Charge Pro with RMS 2.0? I haven't been able to get any answers from Verifone as to certification with RMS 2.0. Does PC Charge Pro support the AVS function in RMS or does it do it itself? I'm changing Merchants and the new one requires using PC Charge Pro. Thanks, TomT Funny thing... I have basically the same question. Our MS VAR told me to check with PCCharge (Verifone) . VeriFone told me "They (MS RMS) test their versions with our software and keep a list of which is compatible. If you are using the newer version of RMS then I would say 5.7.1I SP...

Undeletable mark--amazing properties
A mysterious, undeletable mark appeared in an Excel 2003 spreadsheet. It looks like a forward slash, but half-length and more sloped (45-deg.). It won't delete, but it copies to other cells and to an empty spreadsheet! (copy available). Writing in or pasting to the cell merely overlays the mark, and doesn't replace it. It does not show in the formula-data entry box (fx). Font color cannot be changed from black. It is left justified, independent of cell width, and won't format center-justified or right-justified. It remains after saving and reopening the spreadsheet. Any c...

Outlook 2007 password storing error
I'm sporadically and frequently getting a popup asking to enter my pop-server password even though its saved. It happens to random email accounts. First: System and background: Win7, Outlook 2007 Enterprise, POP server (owned domain at hosting service). Win7 was a clean installation and had no issues until a couple days ago. I've read just about everything I can find and here is what I've done, none of it having worked: -Deleted every mailbox account and rebuilt them -Deleted the PROTECT folder -Removed all anti-virus software -Did a System restore to ...

Kit
We need our Items to be a kit item with attributes (matrix), Is any one know of a solution? Super Items [Matrix, Lot Matrix, and Assemblies] cannot be part of a KIT Serial Number Items cannot be part of a KIT What you ned is a special development for a customised KIT thatallow s the above. This is doable. If you need this let me know and I will get back to you with timeline and cost. Regards Afshin Alikhani [afshin@retailrealm.co.uk] CEO - Retail Realm -- URL http://www.retailrealm.co.uk "Dover" wrote: > We need our Items to be a kit item with attributes (matrix), Is...

Items Lookup
When I open up Item Lookup (ASI windwo Items), by default it is sorted by Item Short Description. Is it possible to sort it by Item Desription without clicking on any additional buttons? I was able to bring Item Description using modifier but how do I change the column header. Disregard this - I was able to figure it out.. Thanks ...

'Restore to Mailbox' is greyed out in the redirection tab.HELP
Even I selected only one single mailbox. I am using Veritas BackupExec 7.3. The account I am logon has the local administrator rights. Any suggestions? Thanks. Bernard Jen ...

Links in received items don't work
I'm trying out Microsoft Outlook 2007. Whenever I try to respond to an email by clicking on a link in the message I get the following error message: "General failure. URL is http://............... Application not found." What do I do to get these links to work? This is probably caused by a wayward default browser setting. Please try the following steps: 1.. change your default browser back to Internet Explorer (temporarily) 2.. after you have done step 1, then change your default browser back to <chosen browser name> -- Thanks greg mansius [MSFT] Microsoft Off...

Vista and RMS.
I am running Vista Ulitame 32 bit and RMS 2.0.0116. My question is has anyone been able to get an ingenico i6550 USB to work with this settings? Thanks -- Steve Are you using a Vista compatible OPOS for the ingenicco? "Steven @ S&S Tire Service" <StevenSSTireService@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E558D34-1EA8-4F04-ABA2-8567AC53B419@microsoft.com... >I am running Vista Ulitame 32 bit and RMS 2.0.0116. > My question is has anyone been able to get an ingenico i6550 USB to work > with this settings? > Thanks > -- > Steve I don'...

Customization Tab won't Display in IE
I am not able to see the Customizations for CRM 4.0 in IE. I am a system admin in CRM, Outlook is closed and I have cleared my cache. Any ideas as to what else I should try or anyone have this happen before. The tab does show for other system admins. Thanks! Hi Teresa, Is there for Online or On Premise? Online: contact microsoft support Onpremise: try restarting server Hi Jarrett, We have On Premise. The server was restarted and I still do not have the customizations tab. I logged in from a different machine and have the tab. Is it possible there is an issue with my profile or my ins...

Storing Exchange UserName and Password in Registry in Outlook 2000
I would like to hard code the username/passwd/domain (must be all 3) into the registry so that Outlook starts and automatically connects to exchange without having to manually enter credentials. The credentials are different to the user's NT credentials. Is this doable? No it isn't. Best that can be done is username & domain. "Auntie Calli" <auntie_calli@auntie_calli.com> wrote in message news:4535ccdd_1@news.adelaide.pipenetworks.com... >I would like to hard code the username/passwd/domain (must be all 3) into >the registry so that Outlook starts and a...

how to create item numbers column in a Query Options
Is there anyway to place a column (Item#) in a query, which will show the item numbers of the results. Say that, if query result has 13 items, Item# values will be sequentially 1,2,3...11,12,13. I have a feeling that it might be solved by usind DCOUNT function. Thanks You can create a column using either DCount() or a subquery. You might want to search google on ranking query. If you don't find anything, come back with some table and field names as well as what field values will be used to create the order. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "mezzanine1974" wrote: >...

OnLButtonDown coordinates relative to a GUI object ?
I have a class derived from a CStatic which is used in a dialog based app. I have overwritten OnLButtonDown in the main dialog and get the mouse click coordinates CPoint relative to the app. Assuming the user clicks on the CStatic derived object, how do I get the mouse click coordinates relative to that object ? help much appreciated, thanks. Programmer wrote: >I have a class derived from a CStatic which is used in a dialog based >app. >I have overwritten OnLButtonDown in the main dialog and get the mouse >click coordinates CPoint relative to the app. Alternatively, you could...

How do I turn off relative cell referencing in excel?
Relative cell referencing is currently active. How do I revert back to the normal cell referencing style of A1 etc. <Tools> <Options> <General> tab, And *uncheck* "R1C1 reference style". -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Glenn" <Glenn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:306F6167-4596-4C05-8E59-83C1803743DB@microsoft.com... Relative cell referencing is currently active. How do I revert back to...