RMS Store Ops 2.0- Points balance SQL trigger

Hi, is anyone using the Purchase Limits feature in Store Ops 2.0? We'd like
to allocate points to various items and then set limits on what employees can
purchase in a month. For various reasons, when it comes to purchase limits
we're going for points as opposed to item value. Anyway, setting up the
Purchase Limits with points is the easy part.  The hard part is to keep track
of the points balance.  There's nothing within the Customer Properties for
this, but I'm wondering if someone has an idea on how to utilise one of the
other useless fields, possibly with an SQL trigger. I'm no SQL genius and
could do with some help! Thanks!
0
tara (74)
11/16/2007 4:30:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How many digit i can set with my Store ID
How many digit i can set with my Store ID? Is it max of 4 digit? I do not suggest more than 5 as this may then cause problems with interstore transfer - also make sure that no transfer ID [which can manually be changed] is more than 14 characters. Afshin Alikhani -- URL http://www.retailrealm.co.uk "Vincen" wrote: > How many digit i can set with my Store ID? > Is it max of 4 digit? ...

Quicker calculations -- storing huge equations or cutting and past
Good afternoon -- I built a workbook used to calculate medical fees and productivity. It's based on several reference lookups, and lots of internal calculations. For each item, there are three calculations, each of which consists of a formula 60-70 keystrokes long. When the user does this work, (s)he may do it for 100-200 items at a time. Right now, it can take 1-2 minutes to calculate the entire workbook so I leave calculation set to manual. My question -- I can either have all the equations located inside the cells, or create a little VB code to copy and paste them ...

Trying to update data in RMS with a web interface
My project is much more complicated, but I am hoping someone can give me some generic tips and/or code to assist me. I want to update a field in RMS with some data the cashier inputs on an HTML form. For example, if a cashier selects a customer using F7, I want them to press a custom button that brings up an HTML window. That html file will have a form where the cashier will enter some text in a textbox. When the cashier presses Submit, the text in the textbox will be written to the Customer.CustomText1 field. The two major issues are 1) how to pass the Customer.ID to the HTML window ...

Problems with attachments #2
I have not been able to send attachments from Outlook that originate with my machine (I have win ME on a Dell laptop). Also, some people will get the attachment, but it will be changed from .doc to .dat, etc. However, I can forward attachments sent to me and the recipients will get them. Please help! Thanks. Make sure you use HTML or Plain Text format when sending messages to users of any other e-mail client besides Outlook. Don't use Rich Text format, which is proprietary to Outlook and will cause problems for other recipients, one of which is that they won't get your attac...

collection letter #2
I am trying to create collection letters to include all A/R detail. I have managed to include the invoice detail but this does not show any payments, returns or credit memos. Is there a way to include these? We have been using a modified trial balance as a statement to show all activity and have it aged in buckets. This requires an additional cover sheet since there is no easy way to have this report formatted to align in a window envelope. This is a time consuming task. I do not like the statements that are generated using the sales routines since that includes every transaction ...

Word Cells into Excel Cells #2
How does one import a cell formatted Word file *.doc into cells within Excel *.xls. By "cell formatted Word file", do you mean a table? I would simply select table and click copy. Then open excel and paste it where you want it to appear. J "gary" wrote: > How does one import a cell formatted Word file *.doc into > cells within Excel *.xls. > > > jayceejay Wrote: > By "cell formatted Word file", do you mean a table? I would simpl > select > table and click copy. Then open excel and paste it where you want i > to > ap...

hotkeys and keyup #2
Hi I would like to thank everyone for suggestions concerning hotkeys and keyup. What I am using is CE .Net though if there is a solution that also works in regular windows that would be good. I am willing to give most anything a try. What I have is a program that sits in the background and waits for a keystroke to run certain functions. One for keydown and one for keyup. The functions talk to an external device on a serial connection, but the main thing is that I need a method to get those keystrokes no matter what application is on top. The impression that I get is that Hotkey will send the...

Unable to open default folders #2
Mail was working fine until I tried to merge documents using to print labels. Now when I try to open out I get the message: Unable to open default e-mail folders.....do not have access to file xxx/xxx/outlook.pst How can I recover this file. It seems to have vanished. If you're using Windows 2000 or XP, the .PST file may be in a hidden or system folder. When searching for all .PST files, make sure you've enabled searching within hidden and system folders. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the new...

mail enabled public folder #2
I have created a public folder and mail enabled, I have also made sure that anonymous has contributor permission. However, I cannot send emails to this public folder from an external domain. Internal is OK, anyone have any ideas What's the text of the NDR? kevin wells wrote: > I have created a public folder and mail enabled, I have > also made sure that anonymous has contributor permission. > > However, I cannot send emails to this public folder from > an external domain. Internal is OK, > > anyone have any ideas "Default" must also have contri...

RMS Turns off
While almost completing a transaction the program closes itself and the desktop secreen is visible. I have two pos machines but it only happens on one. At other times all together it gives a error messages soposuser.exe. Someone please help Alex, having the same problem on 4 terminals running RMS. The problem happens periodically when the user tries to tender a sale. Microsoft support has not been any help on this. Usually an error is generated that can be viewed in the application log. What equipment are you running RMS on? What other peripherals do you have attached? Maybe w...

upgrading to new version #2
I recently downloaded the newest version of ms money (Deluxe Plus) to replace my 2001 version. Because of some mistakes I made over the years in learning how to use the product, I would prefer to keep the old version separate from the new version. In other words, I would like to start the new version without carrying over any data from the old version. When I start to open the new version, it automatically recognizes the old version and wants to convert all the data to the new version. Can I truly "start from scratch" with the new version, while maintaining the old version wit...

event id 9360 #2
Hello, I am getting the error in my eventlog Event ID: 9360 OALGen encountered an error while generating the changes.oab file for version 2 and 3 differential downloads of address list '\Global Address List'. The offline address list has not been updated so clients will not be able to download the current set of changes. Check other logged events to find the cause of this error. If the cause of the problem was intentional or cannot be resolved, OALGen can be forced to post a full offline address list by creating the DWORD registry key 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentCo...

RMS SO POS Bug ?
Hi, I use the standard EAN13 weight-code (that like with 20...). When Item with this code have a sale price, the POS do not show the real quantity (price of scale/standard price)*sale price = new quantity for pos. Do You have a solution? Thank you Antonio ...

Any Liquor store RMS Users
Are there any Liquor store using RMS ? Is anyone willing to share some of their best practices, some ways they do things. Is there anything as "best practices' booklet for Liquor store using RMS, Few questions i have How is your inventory kept? Is everything by case based on supplier item numbers and than having a parent/child relationship to single item (bottle, 6 pack , etc) Or is it better to keep inventory by bottle with fast moving items having parent/child relationship How do you cover the need for extra fields needed Size Price per ounce Type, Proof Verital(types ...

How? #2
I want to format a cell to show a Upper case X just by clicking on it. Hi this would require VBA (using the Selectionchange event for example). See: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/events.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Lee and Rebecca" <LeeandRebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ED511CBB-3AF1-4AF9-B5EB-0353B6204E46@microsoft.com... > I want to format a cell to show a Upper case X just by clicking on it. Can you help me with this? I don't understand what to do from that web site. "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > th...

Maximum number of data points
Hello, I'm wondering if there are any downloads to increase the maximum number of data points for Scatter plots in Excel. I'm restricted by the 32000 point limit. Thank you Harish Kukreja Hi AFAIK: no -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Zero" <Zero@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:63C8D5A1-8085-4552-8F8A-DC3E8589C799@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I'm wondering if there are any downloads to increase the maximum number of > data points for Scatter plots in Excel. I'm restricted by the 32000 point > limit. > &g...

Prices and cost Set to zero when exporting a new store
When I export a new store with 1.2.085v from headquarters all the cost and price information is set to zero. I have seen that there is a fix for 1.3v but i cannot seem to find any other fix for our version. Any suggestions? Thanks Joe Just run worksheets to update the cost and price. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information. Joe Gonzalez wrote: > When I export a new store with ...

RMS 2.0 and PC Charge
Is anyone using PC Charge Pro with RMS 2.0? I haven't been able to get any answers from Verifone as to certification with RMS 2.0. Does PC Charge Pro support the AVS function in RMS or does it do it itself? I'm changing Merchants and the new one requires using PC Charge Pro. Thanks, TomT Funny thing... I have basically the same question. Our MS VAR told me to check with PCCharge (Verifone) . VeriFone told me "They (MS RMS) test their versions with our software and keep a list of which is compatible. If you are using the newer version of RMS then I would say 5.7.1I SP...

threads #2
I have a server/client application that communicates using threads. The server class uses a while loop inside a thread to wait for new connections in accept state, like this: var a = new var( ); while( (server.Accept(connection)) ) { ...... ...... } I have declared a variable (var) right before this loop which uses memory. I want to free/delete this variable at the end of the while loop, but the control never reaches there. How can I make sure that this variable gets deleted before the server side exits? Thanks. Jessica Jessica Weiner wrote: > I have a server/client applicatio...

vlookup with 2 columns?
Hello, I am doing a VLOOKUP which is working nicely, but I had this idea where the user could specify in the sheet data from 1 column and then data from another column and where you have both in the row I would get other data in the row. Is there anyway of doing that? E.g. if the data was like I have laid out below and the user specified A1 and X2 I could get at the data 20 or 21 but I wouldn't want the row before that. A1 X1 10 11 A1 X2 20 21 B1 Y1 11 22 B2 Y2 22 33 Thanks. Bn If the data to return is numeric as is demonstrated in your sample *and* the combination of A1+X2 is un...

Stored procedure, delete from multiple tables
Hello, In a stored procedure i want to delete data from multiple tables. Now i am doing this in my stored procedure: DELETE FROM table1 DELETE FROM table2 DELETE FROM table3 DELETE FROM table4 .... and so on Is it possible to do this in a more elegenat manner like holding the table names in some kind of array or variable and use a cursor or something to do de deletion? Any help would be very appreciated!!! Marcel See Dan Guzman's script to do that DECLARE @TruncateStatement nvarchar(4000) DECLARE TruncateStatements CURSOR LOCAL FAST_FORWARD FOR ...

crm token #2
some times i track an email in crm sent it to a customer- i got the customer repaly to the mail but i dont see the traking icon in the replay message and it seemed to be un tracked but if i go to the customer history i see his replay inside the history further more if i press track in crm to his replay he'll give me directly the regarding field filled with this customer have some body an idia about this see this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929385/en-us try to install rollup update 2 and it will work. -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blo...

Custom border using art #2
I have an image that publisher does allow me to use as a custom border. I would like the image to rotate 90 degrees on the vertical sides. Is this possible. I do not wish to line up mutiple images around the document. I have publisher 2003, small business ed, running on XP. ...

Outlook 2007 password storing error
I'm sporadically and frequently getting a popup asking to enter my pop-server password even though its saved. It happens to random email accounts. First: System and background: Win7, Outlook 2007 Enterprise, POP server (owned domain at hosting service). Win7 was a clean installation and had no issues until a couple days ago. I've read just about everything I can find and here is what I've done, none of it having worked: -Deleted every mailbox account and rebuilt them -Deleted the PROTECT folder -Removed all anti-virus software -Did a System restore to ...

Excel Document of 2.5mb takes up to 20min to open up
Finally I have found the cure, basically it was caused by a corrupted EMF file which used up to 100% of a CPU and the Spooler is in a never ending loop. Fix: 1) Do a search for *.emf files (they will be found in the Temp directory) 2) If there are any then this is probably the cause - delete them all 3) Boot to an alternate install of NT and delete the *.shd and *.spl file from the Spool folder. 4) If you have a multi-processor, you can pause the printer and delete the files. After deleting all the *.emf files, which took me almost 15min (20000 files) I tested the Excel doc and it opened up...