RMS POS crashing just before receipt prints

I have a Epson TM-T88IV printer installed with an APG cash drawer on RMS 2.0
SP3.  they are configured through the Epson OPOS ADK and in the
Database>Registers>Properties window.

when I complete a sale the cash drawer opens but the program crashes before
the receipt prints.  It comes up with an error saying "Run-time error '9':
Subscript out of range.  The strange thing is, when I go to [ctrl+shift+F5]
Peripherals, everything checks out A-OK.

I've read countless discustions trying to figure this out and nothing seems
to be working.  Anyone have an idea, I'm willing to try just about anything.
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I have had numerous problems with the latest Epson drivers.  I'm using the
ADK266E package, and selecting the TM-T88III model.  All three of my TM-T88IV
printers work perfectly under that configuration.

"Richard" wrote:

> I have a Epson TM-T88IV printer installed with an APG cash drawer on RMS 2.0
> SP3.  they are configured through the Epson OPOS ADK and in the
> Database>Registers>Properties window.
>
> when I complete a sale the cash drawer opens but the program crashes before
> the receipt prints.  It comes up with an error saying "Run-time error '9':
> Subscript out of range.  The strange thing is, when I go to [ctrl+shift+F5]
> Peripherals, everything checks out A-OK.
>
> I've read countless discustions trying to figure this out and nothing seems
> to be working.  Anyone have an idea, I'm willing to try just about anything.
I agree with Graham, the Epson OPOS drivers are a PITA when it comes to
figuring out which one of the many will work with your configuration. There
are a lot of variables, including which version of Windows you are using.
That's the main reason I bought a Star TSP100 and am using Windows drivers.
VERY simple to install and get working properly, and you can configure it to
print coupons at the end of the receipt based on keywords that show up on
the receipt.
Have you tried using Epson's Windows drivers? I never used them, but others
on this group have, and say they work great. I know now that I'm using
Windows drivers, I'll never go back to OPOS. You get a lot more control,
more font options, a better looking receipt, and less white space, which
means less paper to buy.

Craig

"Graham Hunter" <GrahamHunter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have had numerous problems with the latest Epson drivers.  I'm using the
> ADK266E package, and selecting the TM-T88III model.  All three of my
> TM-T88IV
> printers work perfectly under that configuration.
>

> "Richard" wrote:
>
>> I have a Epson TM-T88IV printer installed with an APG cash drawer on RMS
>> 2.0
>> SP3.  they are configured through the Epson OPOS ADK and in the
>> Database>Registers>Properties window.
>>
>> when I complete a sale the cash drawer opens but the program crashes
>> before
>> the receipt prints.  It comes up with an error saying "Run-time error
>> '9':
>> Subscript out of range.  The strange thing is, when I go to
>> [ctrl+shift+F5]
>> Peripherals, everything checks out A-OK.
>>
>> I've read countless discustions trying to figure this out and nothing
>> seems
>> to be working.  Anyone have an idea, I'm willing to try just about
>> anything.

0
Craig
6/24/2010 2:46:07 PM
I did some testing with the configuration.  It will do all the reporting (x
report / z report / blind close) but it crashes when it goes to print a
customer receipt. is it possible that it has something to do with the receipt
template file? Does OPOS support external image files? I'm using two image
files, a header image and a footer image.

"Graham Hunter" wrote:

> I have had numerous problems with the latest Epson drivers.  I'm using the
> ADK266E package, and selecting the TM-T88III model.  All three of my TM-T88IV
> printers work perfectly under that configuration.
>

> "Richard" wrote:
>
> > I have a Epson TM-T88IV printer installed with an APG cash drawer on RMS 2.0
> > SP3.  they are configured through the Epson OPOS ADK and in the
> > Database>Registers>Properties window.
> >
> > when I complete a sale the cash drawer opens but the program crashes before
> > the receipt prints.  It comes up with an error saying "Run-time error '9':
> > Subscript out of range.  The strange thing is, when I go to [ctrl+shift+F5]
> > Peripherals, everything checks out A-OK.
> >
> > I've read countless discustions trying to figure this out and nothing seems
> > to be working.  Anyone have an idea, I'm willing to try just about anything.
OPOS will print two images, one in the header and one in the footer, as long
as it's configured in the Receipt format in Manager. That's where OPOS gets
all it's information. If the receipt isn't formatted correctly Manager won't
allow you to select it in the Receipt Format Properties box. So I don't
think that's the problem. It's probably more to do with the OPOS version
than anything. That's the maddening thing about Epson's OPOS drivers.

Craig

"Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I did some testing with the configuration.  It will do all the reporting (x
> report / z report / blind close) but it crashes when it goes to print a
> customer receipt. is it possible that it has something to do with the
> receipt
> template file? Does OPOS support external image files? I'm using two image
> files, a header image and a footer image.
>
> "Graham Hunter" wrote:
>
>> I have had numerous problems with the latest Epson drivers.  I'm using
>> the
>> ADK266E package, and selecting the TM-T88III model.  All three of my
>> TM-T88IV
>> printers work perfectly under that configuration.
>>

>> "Richard" wrote:
>>
>> > I have a Epson TM-T88IV printer installed with an APG cash drawer on
>> > RMS 2.0
>> > SP3.  they are configured through the Epson OPOS ADK and in the
>> > Database>Registers>Properties window.
>> >
>> > when I complete a sale the cash drawer opens but the program crashes
>> > before
>> > the receipt prints.  It comes up with an error saying "Run-time error
>> > '9':
>> > Subscript out of range.  The strange thing is, when I go to
>> > [ctrl+shift+F5]
>> > Peripherals, everything checks out A-OK.
>> >
>> > I've read countless discustions trying to figure this out and nothing
>> > seems
>> > to be working.  Anyone have an idea, I'm willing to try just about
>> > anything.

0
Craig
6/24/2010 3:15:06 PM
On Jun 23, 11:12=A0pm, Richard <Rich...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I have a Epson TM-T88IV printer installed with an APG cash drawer on RMS =
2.0
> SP3. =A0they are configured through the Epson OPOS ADK and in the
> Database>Registers>Properties window.
>
> when I complete a sale the cash drawer opens but the program crashes befo=
re
> the receipt prints. =A0It comes up with an error saying "Run-time error '=
9':
> Subscript out of range. =A0The strange thing is, when I go to [ctrl+shift=
+F5]
> Peripherals, everything checks out A-OK.
>
> I've read countless discustions trying to figure this out and nothing see=
ms
> to be working. =A0Anyone have an idea, I'm willing to try just about anyt=
hing.

Have you checked your database size?  We had this issue in our Grocery
store because the DB was full (4 gigs).  The register would crash on
each transaction.

Jason
http://shopkeep.com
0
ShopKeep
6/25/2010 5:58:25 PM
We had that happen to us also Jason years ago. Although it was 2gigs because
we had MSDE. We corrected that by deleting a couple of years of journals and
shrinking the database. The only reason I didn't mention that here was
because it came with a different error message than "subscript out of
range".  Something like "data overflow" or similar.

Craig

"ShopKeep" <jason@greenegrape.com> wrote in message
On Jun 23, 11:12 pm, Richard <Rich...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I have a Epson TM-T88IV printer installed with an APG cash drawer on RMS
> 2.0
> SP3. they are configured through the Epson OPOS ADK and in the
> Database>Registers>Properties window.
>
> when I complete a sale the cash drawer opens but the program crashes
> before
> the receipt prints. It comes up with an error saying "Run-time error '9':
> Subscript out of range. The strange thing is, when I go to [ctrl+shift+F5]
> Peripherals, everything checks out A-OK.
>
> I've read countless discustions trying to figure this out and nothing
> seems
> to be working. Anyone have an idea, I'm willing to try just about
> anything.

Have you checked your database size?  We had this issue in our Grocery
store because the DB was full (4 gigs).  The register would crash on
each transaction.

Jason
http://shopkeep.com

0
Craig

How can I print reports for the www
Our club is setting up a new www site, and we want to generate reports from our members database to put up as a www page. Is there any way I can convert access reports into html? I have frontpage 2003, can I import access reports into frontpage automatically to convert it into html? with thanks ... Roger "Roger" <help-me@skynet.be> wrote > Our club is setting up a new www site, and we want > to generate reports from our members database to put > up as a www page. Is there any way I can convert > access reports into html? I have frontpage 2003, can >...

Print Signature Receipt for Cash Returns Only?
Is there anyway to print a signature receipt for cash returns only. In SQL Manager > Database > Tender Types > Cash > Properties you can select "Requires Signature" , but it will print a signature receipt for any cash sale & returns. Any help? Thanks. ...

Embedding font causes Word 2003 to crash
I'm sending a document to someone, and the letterhead has Lucida Casual font, so I want to embed that so it looks correct on the other computer. I click Tools, Options, Save, and choose Embed Fonts. I've also tried choosing to only embed the characters that are used, and not to embed common system fonts. When I then save the document, Word crashes and shuts down. I tell it to report the problem, but it tries and tries and never finishes. When I come back into Word, there is no evidence that I even had the document open before. Help! -- Terri ...

Printing #2
A colleague of mine has a problem with Excel files that look fine in print preview but when printed out the left hand side is missing. Margins are set at 1.5cm. Hope someone can help as to why this is happening. Thanks, Sharon ...

Printing Postage in Publisher
While using MS Publisher, how can I print postage while doing mail merg at the same time. I have designed a 1/2 page postcard, placed my mai merge fields on it and I am "pushing" addresses from an MS Excel file Wondering if I can set up something like an online postage account and do this I think Word does this? Many thanks -- maximake ----------------------------------------------------------------------- maximakey's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=541 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=127922 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i ...

Return receipt on distribution list
I am using Outlook 2003 and need to set up a distribution list that has a delivery receipt and read receipt as the default so it asks for the receipts every time. I do NOT want to turn on the receipts for every message I send. I do NOT want to have to remember to set the receipts every time I send a message. I am just sure I had this option in Outlook 2000 but I can't find it now. Thanks for any help! Tom Receipts are either all on or all off. You will need to set the request manually if you have them turned off universally. All versions of Outlook are the same in this respect. ...

Trying to update data in RMS with a web interface
My project is much more complicated, but I am hoping someone can give me some generic tips and/or code to assist me. I want to update a field in RMS with some data the cashier inputs on an HTML form. For example, if a cashier selects a customer using F7, I want them to press a custom button that brings up an HTML window. That html file will have a form where the cashier will enter some text in a textbox. When the cashier presses Submit, the text in the textbox will be written to the Customer.CustomText1 field. The two major issues are 1) how to pass the Customer.ID to the HTML window ...

Printing JUST the Charts, not the data...
Hi, I'm using Excel 2000 and have a number of worksheets with which I've created some charts (all in the same workbook). Is there a way to print the charts that doesn't involve having to highlight each chart individually? I've got some charts in the same worksheet as their source data and some that are on their own page, but that doesn't seem to matter (unless I'm missing something). Any ideas? Thanks, Shane You could use a macro like the following. It prints out each chart sheet, and each embedded chart on each sheet, as if you'd selected each chart a...

RMS Turns off
While almost completing a transaction the program closes itself and the desktop secreen is visible. I have two pos machines but it only happens on one. At other times all together it gives a error messages soposuser.exe. Someone please help Alex, having the same problem on 4 terminals running RMS. The problem happens periodically when the user tries to tender a sale. Microsoft support has not been any help on this. Usually an error is generated that can be viewed in the application log. What equipment are you running RMS on? What other peripherals do you have attached? Maybe w...

RMS SO POS Bug ?
Hi, I use the standard EAN13 weight-code (that like with 20...). When Item with this code have a sale price, the POS do not show the real quantity (price of scale/standard price)*sale price = new quantity for pos. Do You have a solution? Thank you Antonio ...

How do I do gift certificates in MS-POS? and How do I edit a transaction after the fact?
Hi, I see gift cards but I need to implement gift certificates and attach a gift certificate number (generated elsewhere) to the transaction. For testing I created a new type of tender call GiftCertificateRedemption and was putting in my GC code in the reference number section but I found that if I don't add the GC code in the Transaction details step (first step) then I cannot go back and change it later. If the transaction is still in progress after the Transaction details step, I cannot go back and add a transaction detail without cancelling everything and restarting a new transaction...

Printing RTF text using a hidden CRichEditCtrl
Hi there, is it possible to print text using a hidden CRichEditCtrl? I was using some code from the article: http://www.codeproject.com/printing/richeditprint.asp In my application I do not always display the text. Sometimes I just need to put toghether some rtf text using template files and print the text. Here is the code I'm trying to make to work. I'm checking return values and cannot find any problems, except that the printer doesn't do anything. void CMainFrame::OnClickherePrint() { // Read In text. std::ifstream in( ".\\template.rtf" ); std::string st...

Printing problems with hidden rows
I have a sheet with 5 templates divided by page breaks. When only 2 templates are needed, I hide the rows that I do not wish to be printed so it will only print 2 sheets instead of 5. This was working just fine until lately. Now it prints all 5 sheets but sheets 3, 4 & 5 are blanks. The print area is set for A1..H340 but I may hide A200 .. H340. Any ideas as to what has changed?? I figured it out. There was a print area defined and when I cleared the print area, it worked as needed. "Banker" wrote: > I have a sheet with 5 templates divided by page bre...

Any Liquor store RMS Users
Are there any Liquor store using RMS ? Is anyone willing to share some of their best practices, some ways they do things. Is there anything as "best practices' booklet for Liquor store using RMS, Few questions i have How is your inventory kept? Is everything by case based on supplier item numbers and than having a parent/child relationship to single item (bottle, 6 pack , etc) Or is it better to keep inventory by bottle with fast moving items having parent/child relationship How do you cover the need for extra fields needed Size Price per ounce Type, Proof Verital(types ...

Printing multiple copies of Publisher 2002 document
I am trying to print mulitple copies of a Publisher 2002 document to a laser printer 0r networked copier. (Win XP) When I select "Print" from the file menu, the section where I can type in how many copies I want is grayed out. This only happens when I have selected "Spot Colors" or "Single Color Publication" in the "Color printing" options of the commercial print tool. Otherwise I am able to print multiple copies. I need to send the job as a "spot color" job to my printer, however. Any ideas on a workaround? Thanks Tom M wrote: || I am t...

? difference between just copying the .pst file, or, export to .pst
hello all. Am using outlook 2000, and obviously would want to backup content, every so often. Can anyone tell me, if there is a difference between just copying the .pst file and saving elsewhere, or, going file > export > to a pst file. Do I get to the same place? a simple copy is so much quicker than waiting for it to export. any advice gratefully received. cheers. -- --------------- Alan Lodge [Tash] tash@gn.apc.org http://tash.gn.apc.org --------------- Copy or use any backup app, much simpler David "msnews.microsoft.com" <tash@gn.apc.org> wrote in message ...

RMS 2.0 and PC Charge
Is anyone using PC Charge Pro with RMS 2.0? I haven't been able to get any answers from Verifone as to certification with RMS 2.0. Does PC Charge Pro support the AVS function in RMS or does it do it itself? I'm changing Merchants and the new one requires using PC Charge Pro. Thanks, TomT Funny thing... I have basically the same question. Our MS VAR told me to check with PCCharge (Verifone) . VeriFone told me "They (MS RMS) test their versions with our software and keep a list of which is compatible. If you are using the newer version of RMS then I would say 5.7.1I SP...

Outlook crashes when opening IMAP Message
Hello everyone, I am running Outlook 2003 on a windows XP SP3 Machine. There seems to be a problem when using an IMAP server: from time to time, opening a message on the IMAP server makes outlook crash. It nearly never crashes when working with messages stored on the local hard drive. But it seems to be somewhat unstable when working with messages stored in the IMAP tree. What can I do? Thanks. -- Andre Tann ...

Word 07 Crash and problem
every time i start MS word 07 i get a message that says "Word automatically saved changes to the Normal document template. Would you like to load them now?" I have clicked yes, no, and even reinstalled MS Office to try to fix this problem. It makes it impossible to use previously saved documents and you can not use the mouse on any new documents to move the cursor. What can I do to make this stop ? I have also tried deleting the normal.dotm file --- with no success -- what can I do >> The probable cause is an orphan temporary file - see http://www.gmayor.co...

How do I print more than just the subject line of the Inbox?
Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4 Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com ...

Text and backgound do not print
I have created a folding leaflet which appears fine on the screen. However, when I click on print preview, half of the leaflet appears only as a white space. When I print it, I get the same result, i.e. only half of it appears on the page. Can anyone help, please? Try running Design Checker on your leaflet. Sometimes issues will show up that that prevent items from being printed. I just helped a woman with a very similar issue. I deleted some extra text boxes and it's fine. ;-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/...

Vista and RMS.
I am running Vista Ulitame 32 bit and RMS 2.0.0116. My question is has anyone been able to get an ingenico i6550 USB to work with this settings? Thanks -- Steve Are you using a Vista compatible OPOS for the ingenicco? "Steven @ S&S Tire Service" <StevenSSTireService@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E558D34-1EA8-4F04-ABA2-8567AC53B419@microsoft.com... >I am running Vista Ulitame 32 bit and RMS 2.0.0116. > My question is has anyone been able to get an ingenico i6550 USB to work > with this settings? > Thanks > -- > Steve I don'...

PST crash but now unrecoverable with scanpst
Hello, Recently a user's PST became corupt. Tried running scanpst on the pst file. did it several times, saving each recovered pst under a new file name. I lost up to 3 weeks, which is not bad. The user is currently using two recovered pst files. They are almost identical, one of the pst files returns error messages when trying to copy over, merge or import into the other pst file. "The Operation Store Could Not be Opened" and "Can't move the item. Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid". So, I'm stuck using two pst...

Chart data refresh & printing
In an XL2000 work book, I have a drop down validation box that selects a name from another sheet. After selection of the name, cells alongside that validation box are updated from that other sheet. Below is a chart that gets seems to get refreshed & redrawn with no problems. I have even added two VB buttons to select the next or previous name from the list, looping around at end. Once again no problems. A second chart on the same sheet as the prevoius chart uses the same dropdown box, this chart using different calculations. Still no problem. Name is selected or next or previous, both char...

Browser crashes after logon
IE 6.00 crashes just following logon when accessing CRM. The user can log on successfully with no crash on any other machine in the office. Whatever credentials he uses, though, it crashes on his machine. Any ideas why? Thanks! You might try reinstalling IE. "Jeff P" <jeffp@clcit.com> wrote in message news:0b4801c36e37$1f1ac2d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... IE 6.00 crashes just following logon when accessing CRM. The user can log on successfully with no crash on any other machine in the office. Whatever credentials he uses, though, it crashes on his machine. Any ideas why? Thanks!...