RMS Phone Activation results in different codes

I wanted to transfer an install from one machine to another.  As expected,
when I entered my product key I got the message that the key had already been
activated.

I called the number and I entered the numbers as requested.  My machine run
RMS fine but the product ID and the reg id are not the same.  I start the POS
and then do the key combo for "About".

After activation my product ID is different and my registration id is blank.

Is this a bad activation or is this the expected behavior?

KB
0
KenB (6)
6/7/2009 5:16:01 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

CRM Email and customizing activities list
I'm new to CRM and have two issues I can't seem to solve. 1. Email activity exists in My Work -> EMail. These messages came from external customers. What do I have to do to make these go away from this view? 2. Can the Activities list and Activities History list be customized? I simply would like to see them sorted by date rec'd (desc) but the Activities screen does not seem to be available under customizations. Thank you in advance to any/all who answer. Hi, 1. Have you tried closing the email activities? 2. You cannot edit the activity views in the CRM system us...

Trying to update data in RMS with a web interface
My project is much more complicated, but I am hoping someone can give me some generic tips and/or code to assist me. I want to update a field in RMS with some data the cashier inputs on an HTML form. For example, if a cashier selects a customer using F7, I want them to press a custom button that brings up an HTML window. That html file will have a form where the cashier will enter some text in a textbox. When the cashier presses Submit, the text in the textbox will be written to the Customer.CustomText1 field. The two major issues are 1) how to pass the Customer.ID to the HTML window ...

Outlook Remains active as process after exiting
Outlook.exe-Outlook 2003 remains active as a process after closing program. I am running Windows 2000. Thank you, Jim Hi, Are you using an Exchange Server account inside your Outlook 2003? -- With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Jim Beitzel" <jbeitzel5@comcast.net> wrote in message news:34de01c3fd84$f5d1e5b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook.exe-Outlook 2003 remains active as a process after > closing program. I am running Windows 2000. > > Thank you, > Jim ...

Changing Codes
I have a series of product codes that all begin with a zero e.g 0455 0343, 0325. I want to change all the zeros to a 9 is there a quick way of doin this? Chri -- cj2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cj21's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2567 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40144 Maybe using a helper cell and using a formula? ="9"&mid(a1,2,255) (255 is just a very big number to get the remainder of the text.) If these are numbers just formatted to show ...

RMS Turns off
While almost completing a transaction the program closes itself and the desktop secreen is visible. I have two pos machines but it only happens on one. At other times all together it gives a error messages soposuser.exe. Someone please help Alex, having the same problem on 4 terminals running RMS. The problem happens periodically when the user tries to tender a sale. Microsoft support has not been any help on this. Usually an error is generated that can be viewed in the application log. What equipment are you running RMS on? What other peripherals do you have attached? Maybe w...

RMS SO POS Bug ?
Hi, I use the standard EAN13 weight-code (that like with 20...). When Item with this code have a sale price, the POS do not show the real quantity (price of scale/standard price)*sale price = new quantity for pos. Do You have a solution? Thank you Antonio ...

Kernel-Mode Code Signing Walkthrough
I am using the document "Kernel-Mode Code Signing Walkthrough" downloaded from this location: http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/driver/install/drvsign/kmcs-walkthrough.mspx (Updated: Jul 25, 2007). Is there newest document version, or some other up-to-date document about driver signing? Can I use this document as driver signing reference? Alex F <AlexF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I am using the document "Kernel-Mode Code Signing Walkthrough" downloaded >from this location: >http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/driver/install/drvsign/kmcs-wa...

Difference between computers...
I have a problem and I have been unable to identify the source and hence unable to resolve it. I have a 2003 db, secured using mdw, split and running fine (in general) for the past 2-3yrs. I added a new user recently. When we log into the db on almost any computer, it work perfectly. But when he logs into the db using his laptop, one of the sub-forms does not allow him to make changes (date fields and check boxes are greyed out)?! The only difference I have been able to identify between the computers in that in general everyone have runtime 2002 and, he has runtime 2003....

Any Liquor store RMS Users
Are there any Liquor store using RMS ? Is anyone willing to share some of their best practices, some ways they do things. Is there anything as "best practices' booklet for Liquor store using RMS, Few questions i have How is your inventory kept? Is everything by case based on supplier item numbers and than having a parent/child relationship to single item (bottle, 6 pack , etc) Or is it better to keep inventory by bottle with fast moving items having parent/child relationship How do you cover the need for extra fields needed Size Price per ounce Type, Proof Verital(types ...

Tally lists based on results
I need to calculate how many alike products are chosen in a table from data tables (validated data) to show a tally. How on earth do you do this? How do i calculate how many "Blue" items are listed each time a Blue item is added to the list etc? Each time a new item is listed, it will automatically appear in the tally list as a new item and/or count tally. There is a possibilty of 1000 items though commonly only a maximum of 10 should appear in the tally. eg. The data collected by input. A B 1 Blue $50 2 Red $40 3 Blue $50 4 Orange $20 5 Blue $50 6 Orange $20 etc In this exam...

RMS 2.0 and PC Charge
Is anyone using PC Charge Pro with RMS 2.0? I haven't been able to get any answers from Verifone as to certification with RMS 2.0. Does PC Charge Pro support the AVS function in RMS or does it do it itself? I'm changing Merchants and the new one requires using PC Charge Pro. Thanks, TomT Funny thing... I have basically the same question. Our MS VAR told me to check with PCCharge (Verifone) . VeriFone told me "They (MS RMS) test their versions with our software and keep a list of which is compatible. If you are using the newer version of RMS then I would say 5.7.1I SP...

? difference between just copying the .pst file, or, export to .pst
hello all. Am using outlook 2000, and obviously would want to backup content, every so often. Can anyone tell me, if there is a difference between just copying the .pst file and saving elsewhere, or, going file > export > to a pst file. Do I get to the same place? a simple copy is so much quicker than waiting for it to export. any advice gratefully received. cheers. -- --------------- Alan Lodge [Tash] tash@gn.apc.org http://tash.gn.apc.org --------------- Copy or use any backup app, much simpler David "msnews.microsoft.com" <tash@gn.apc.org> wrote in message ...

Vista and RMS.
I am running Vista Ulitame 32 bit and RMS 2.0.0116. My question is has anyone been able to get an ingenico i6550 USB to work with this settings? Thanks -- Steve Are you using a Vista compatible OPOS for the ingenicco? "Steven @ S&S Tire Service" <StevenSSTireService@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E558D34-1EA8-4F04-ABA2-8567AC53B419@microsoft.com... >I am running Vista Ulitame 32 bit and RMS 2.0.0116. > My question is has anyone been able to get an ingenico i6550 USB to work > with this settings? > Thanks > -- > Steve I don'...

Activity Customisation
Hi I have customised the phone activity using the link below. http://crm/tools/formeditor/formeditor.aspx? objecttypecode=137 where crm is the name of my crm server. I changed the default value of direction from outgoing to incoming and saved the form. I dont see the changes when I open the phone call activity. I would appreciate if anyone help me with this . Regards Nia try publishing everything and resetting iis. also, you may need to clear your forms cache to see in SFO. Good luck! >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >I have customised the phone activity using the ...

Exchange SP1 2003 Active sync
I installed 2003 sp1 just over 1 year ago now and my documentation was slightly incomplete. MS KB886346 says that if you have multiple smtp domains in a users email address and that when the primary address is not at the default domain smtp domain (as set by the default recipient policy) that you need to set a SMTPProxy reg key. I remember having issues with active sync trying to get it to work and finding a website that told of a different method and I can't find it again (it was a year ago). All I know is that if I want active synch to work for a user I need to add another smtp...

Money on a Symbian phone?
Any chance of synchronizing Money 2006 with a Symbian smartphone? ...

Phone Format
One of my clients is using the letter writting assistant in GP 8, the problem is that when he tries to use LWA(Letter Writting Assistant), having Phone number field is what appears to be in US format, which is really annoying, i was wondering if anyone might have come accross a similar issue. Having said that I am unable to sell modifier to him because of his budget contraints and makes it really useless from his perspective to spend about 2000 odd quid over something this small. Any ideas on how to go about it without using Modifier. Make sure you have v8.0 Service Pack 4 installed...

Macro or formula to compare columns and give a result of the odd o
User State Plate User State Plate User State Plate jmolini OK 2MO980 mboulette OK 2MD980 jbradley OK 2MO980 1 jmolini TX 30VVF8 dfoose TX 60VVF8 awright TX 30VVF8 1 jmolini TX 4D0U558 dherrera CA 4DOU558 awright CA 4DOU558 1 I need to compare entry from three different users. The user names are in columns L, O, R. I need to compare M and N, to P and Q, to S and T, which ever one is different, I need that User name inserted into column M. In my example, line one, mboulette (P and Q) would be the one different and the user name would need to be copied to column V (mboulette). ...

Displaying the results of multiple formulas in a single cell.
This is probably really simple but for some reason I can't figure it out. Here is the problem I have one cell that contains a long ID# And one Call that has a quantity and I-d like to show a range of values based on that quantity but only display the last few characters For Example A1: 3ex21h200 - ID# B1: 45 - Quantiny Using the =RIGHT(A1,4), I can show just the h200 What I'd like to show is a range that will automatically populate based on the quantity. And not have to manually imput anything! For Example C1: h200 - h245 So far all I can do is get the cell to show the 200 any...

web links are not active

Coding Today's Date In Visual Basic
I'm writing some code in Visual Basic and want to to be able to name a sheet today's date whenever the macro is run? Is there a way to do this? lj wrote: > I'm writing some code in Visual Basic and want to to be able to name a > sheet today's date whenever the macro is run? Is there a way to do > this? if you want to do this you are going to have to remove the "/"'s from the date. Excel will not allow tham to be part of a worksheet name. Worksheets.Add.Name = Format(Date,"dd-mmm-yyyy") -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in emai...

Setting Security in RMS
A lot of my clients ask me how to do Security in RMS, so I thought it might be useful to everyone. If you want the screenshots, shoot me an email and I'll send you the original email with them. Follow these directions exactly and soon you will be an RMS security expert. Security at the POS 1. Create theoretical groups for security, group 1, group 2, etc. 2. These groups will be for managers, accountants, supervisors, cashiers, etc. 3. You can assign the group to the user templates you already have 4. go to the POS and click on the square in the lower left corner, giving yo...

Import Rms Database to POS 2009
Hi all, I got a hold of a 30 day trial POS 2009, so I wanted to import a RMS database backup file to POS 2009 so I could "check it out" before I decided to switch to POS 2009. How do I do it?? I tried Tools>Database>Restore option and also create option, but during the restore option is comes back with an error and shut down the restoredatabase.exe Any ideas what I am doing wrong??? thanks Arve We have an RR Import Utility that is working with POS2009 and RMS. We are giving this for a short time free of charge as part of our beta launch. Contact me if interested to...

Problem with after update code in field that disables another field
Hi I want to be able to disable the Non Member field in a record when something is entered in the Member field. Unfortunately, the code I am usng below disables the Non Member field in *all* records, and the database has to be closed and reopened to get round this before data entry can continue. I'd be grateful if someone could show me the correction, Thanks. Private Sub Member_AfterUpdate() If Not IsNull([Member]) Then Me![Non Members].Enabled = False Else Me![Non Members].Enabled = True End If End Sub Sam, You need to put that same code in on the OnCurrent event of the form...

differences between Office2004:mac student & professional editions?
Hi- can anyone tell me the differences between the student & professional editions of Office 2004? I'm having some trouble locating concise descriptions of features to compare the 2 editions; Microsoft's website isn't terribly helpful. Or is it just that one is 'student-priced'? Thanks, Mark In article <c608caf3.0409010607.3d15a67c@posting.google.com>, pachucki@gmail.com (Mark) wrote: > Hi- can anyone tell me the differences between the student & > professional editions of Office 2004? I'm having some trouble locating > concise descriptions ...