RMS mysteriously stops tendering- help!

We're trying to install RMS on some new machines and the tender function
mysteriously stops working not long after it installs. We use Mercury's TPI
software (which continues to work on older installations) and it will work
for the first couple of test transactions, but inevitably fails not long
after. It throws no errors; nothing in RMS, its log, SQL, or even the Event
Viewer. We just click... and nothing. There is no consistency between Windows
versions (XP SP2, SP3, Vista) except for the persistence of the error.

 We're desperate! Anyone encountered this before?

0
TGUSA (1)
10/20/2008 11:37:01 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

did you try without the tpi's add on. I assume that is the problem.  I had a
similar problem with a touch screen monitor, but never with tender types.
try it on a new pc without any service packs for RMS.
"TGUSA" <TGUSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We're trying to install RMS on some new machines and the tender function
> mysteriously stops working not long after it installs. We use Mercury's
> TPI
> software (which continues to work on older installations) and it will work
> for the first couple of test transactions, but inevitably fails not long
> after. It throws no errors; nothing in RMS, its log, SQL, or even the
> Event
> Viewer. We just click... and nothing. There is no consistency between
> Windows
> versions (XP SP2, SP3, Vista) except for the persistence of the error.
>
> We're desperate! Anyone encountered this before?

Trying to update data in RMS with a web interface
My project is much more complicated, but I am hoping someone can give me some generic tips and/or code to assist me. I want to update a field in RMS with some data the cashier inputs on an HTML form. For example, if a cashier selects a customer using F7, I want them to press a custom button that brings up an HTML window. That html file will have a form where the cashier will enter some text in a textbox. When the cashier presses Submit, the text in the textbox will be written to the Customer.CustomText1 field. The two major issues are 1) how to pass the Customer.ID to the HTML window ...

HELP: Messages left on Server keep reappearing after deleting them
Outlook 2003 on POP server. I've set it up to keep messages on server for 14 days so I can access them from another computer if I need to. However, when I load messages and delete some from my inbox sometimes the same ones get replenished again. It doesn't happen if I do a Send/Receive, but if I exit Outlook and then restart, all the messages come back again. Is there some way to prevent this from happening? Thanks...Gord -- ______________________________________ Gordon Hopkins ...

MSCRMBulkMai the service service is Stopped: Critic condition.
Hi, I use SBS 2003 with CRM 3.0 + Exchange connector.Everythings seems to work find (SBS + CRM) Every day, I get this error in the performance report service: MSCRMBulkMail the service is Stopped: Critic condition. What do you think ? Thank you for your reply Pascal when you srtart the service are any issues reported? ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "alambiki" <alambiki@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ursK6wSZGHA.4920@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I use SBS 2003 with CRM 3.0 + Exchang...

Help, trying to merge and purge
Hello I've been learning Access for my job and I have been doing quite well on my own, although I have run into a problem. I have to update our database with new records, and the way my boss wants to do this is take our new records (which are already in .mdb format of course) and merge them with the record we currently have. Then he wants me to purge all of the duplicate records, so that our new database as our old records and our new records without any duplicates. Would anyone a good way to go about this? Thank you. The problem is simple if there's only 1 table, but get c...

need help #7
I want use microsoft outlook. But I couldn't able to use it. There is unsend E-mail. And blocked from sending any e-mail. How can delete it and would able to use it? Thanks in advance Abu Learn how to post a question: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, abu asked: | I want use microsoft outlook. But I couldn't able to use...

event id's 8026 8250 2102 2104 9188
i'm new to managing servers so please forgive my ignorance.... we recently switched from broadband to fiber optics connectivity. because of that, our ip address changed. i changed the ip addr information in our cisco pix but is there anything i need to change in our server. we run a single server 2003 that acts as a domain controller as well as an exchange server 2003. when i rebooted our server, i received the following event id's. MSExchangeAL - event 8026, 8250, 2102, 2104, 9188. any ideas on these? i cannot find a solution from searching google....any help would be appreciat...

your help system is the worst of any software i've used.unable to.
tirying to fill in a column in my spreadsheet automatically.I want to start with the number 1 and increase by 1, e.g 1,2,3 etc, in a column of cells I've selected.believe it or not using your help system I was unable to find out how to perform this extremely elementary operation. I was unable to find the fill option anywhere on the tool bar! I believe your help system needs to be really improved on! Hi Pinkie In A1 put 1, in A2 put 2 Highlight both cells and drag the little black box in the bottom right of Cell A2, down as far as you need. Autofill is the keyword search in Help, an...

RMS Turns off
While almost completing a transaction the program closes itself and the desktop secreen is visible. I have two pos machines but it only happens on one. At other times all together it gives a error messages soposuser.exe. Someone please help Alex, having the same problem on 4 terminals running RMS. The problem happens periodically when the user tries to tender a sale. Microsoft support has not been any help on this. Usually an error is generated that can be viewed in the application log. What equipment are you running RMS on? What other peripherals do you have attached? Maybe w...

Help Importing Messages
Hi, Im having difficulty transferring my email messages from old PC to new one. (Using outlook on both machines). I saved my folders which are located under windows/application data /identities on my old pc to a portable drive. Im not sure how to successfully import these messages into outlook on my new machine. Can anyone help explain how this is achieved. Any help would be much obliged. Regards ...

Help Importing Excell Files
Can somebody help me with the below expression? I am getting a syntax error. Much appreciated. Docmd.TransferSpreadsheet (acImport,acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9,"DrawingsCurrentRevImport","C: \Documents and Settings\swichman\My Documents\ABFJV\SubmittalReports/ PMIVExport.xls",,,) Without even testing or looking up the function I notice a forward slash in your path? "C:\Documents and Settings\swichman\My Documents\ABFJV\SubmittalReports/PMIVExport.xls" Shouldn't it be "C:\Documents and Settings\swichman\My Documents\ABFJV\SubmittalReports\PMIVExport...

RMS SO POS Bug ?
Hi, I use the standard EAN13 weight-code (that like with 20...). When Item with this code have a sale price, the POS do not show the real quantity (price of scale/standard price)*sale price = new quantity for pos. Do You have a solution? Thank you Antonio ...

Any Liquor store RMS Users
Are there any Liquor store using RMS ? Is anyone willing to share some of their best practices, some ways they do things. Is there anything as "best practices' booklet for Liquor store using RMS, Few questions i have How is your inventory kept? Is everything by case based on supplier item numbers and than having a parent/child relationship to single item (bottle, 6 pack , etc) Or is it better to keep inventory by bottle with fast moving items having parent/child relationship How do you cover the need for extra fields needed Size Price per ounce Type, Proof Verital(types ...

RMS 2.0 and PC Charge
Is anyone using PC Charge Pro with RMS 2.0? I haven't been able to get any answers from Verifone as to certification with RMS 2.0. Does PC Charge Pro support the AVS function in RMS or does it do it itself? I'm changing Merchants and the new one requires using PC Charge Pro. Thanks, TomT Funny thing... I have basically the same question. Our MS VAR told me to check with PCCharge (Verifone) . VeriFone told me "They (MS RMS) test their versions with our software and keep a list of which is compatible. If you are using the newer version of RMS then I would say 5.7.1I SP...

One OE identity hangs OE
My other OE identities work fine, but one identity, when switched to, cannot be exited or switched out of. Instead, its inbox messages get duplicated multiple times. If I end the OE task to get out of this hang, the same thing occurs the next time I enter that identity. If I just let it remain in the "hung" state, eventually I get a window saying a download timed out. I don't know what download is started in the process of attempting to exit out of that identity. It seems that something in that idntity's mailbox has been corrupted. Is there any way to "cl...

Vista and RMS.
I am running Vista Ulitame 32 bit and RMS 2.0.0116. My question is has anyone been able to get an ingenico i6550 USB to work with this settings? Thanks -- Steve Are you using a Vista compatible OPOS for the ingenicco? "Steven @ S&S Tire Service" <StevenSSTireService@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E558D34-1EA8-4F04-ABA2-8567AC53B419@microsoft.com... >I am running Vista Ulitame 32 bit and RMS 2.0.0116. > My question is has anyone been able to get an ingenico i6550 USB to work > with this settings? > Thanks > -- > Steve I don'...

How do I stop Macros from opening with every excel spreadsheet?
I created a macros for an excel spreadsheet but it opens up with every single spreadsheet file that I have on my computer. How do I customize it to run with only one specific file. Thanks. Alex If you created it using the Macro Recorder it probably got saved into your Personal Macro Workbook(Personal.xls) which opens with Excel. If this is the case, open your specific workbook. Open the Visual Basic Editor by hitting ALT + F11 then CTRL + r to open Project Explorer. Select and expand the Personal.xls and double-click on Module1 to open it. Copy the code and paste it into a Module of ...

Setting Security in RMS
A lot of my clients ask me how to do Security in RMS, so I thought it might be useful to everyone. If you want the screenshots, shoot me an email and I'll send you the original email with them. Follow these directions exactly and soon you will be an RMS security expert. Security at the POS 1. Create theoretical groups for security, group 1, group 2, etc. 2. These groups will be for managers, accountants, supervisors, cashiers, etc. 3. You can assign the group to the user templates you already have 4. go to the POS and click on the square in the lower left corner, giving yo...

Import Rms Database to POS 2009
Hi all, I got a hold of a 30 day trial POS 2009, so I wanted to import a RMS database backup file to POS 2009 so I could "check it out" before I decided to switch to POS 2009. How do I do it?? I tried Tools>Database>Restore option and also create option, but during the restore option is comes back with an error and shut down the restoredatabase.exe Any ideas what I am doing wrong??? thanks Arve We have an RR Import Utility that is working with POS2009 and RMS. We are giving this for a short time free of charge as part of our beta launch. Contact me if interested to...

Please help!!!!!
I am an Instructor and I have all my marks on excel 2002. They are divided into Lab quiz marks, Lecture quiz marks, midterm, final, etc. I then attach various weights to the marks to calculate the final mark. My difficulty is that I have told the students that they can discard their lowest mark in the lab quizes or lecture quizes (NOT BOTH) before I calculate their final mark. If I combine all their marks it is easy I can use the min function and divide by count- 1. But I need to keep lab marks separate from lecture marks. How do I subtract the lowest mark from the totals. The lowest mark ...

Delete Query Please help
How do I delete the contents of column? I have a table where I need to empty the contents of a column(field) there are thousands of records. There are some records that have data in this field I need to make this field blank for all the records in the table. How do I this please? Thank you for any help. Update yourTableName set columnName = ""; "TotallyConfused" wrote: > How do I delete the contents of column? I have a table where I need to empty > the contents of a column(field) there are thousands of records. There are > some records that have da...

Help needed with message broadcast?
Hi, I have created my own class to get the system CPU usage in percent. The class has it's own thread and monitors the CPU every seconds or so. Now, my CDialog class needs to know when a certain threshold is reached. So I want my CPU class to broadcast a message to say 'CPU Threshold reached' and my CDialog to receive that event rather than checking all the time with the class if the threshold was reached. How would I go about doing that? Does the CPU class need to explicitly post a message to the CDialog class? How can I get the CDialog to listen to the messages broadcasted by...

Help implementing Steven Lebans' Get/Set Scrollbars with GetCurren
I've used Steven Lebans' Get/Set Scrollbars routine many times including four continuious forms subforms in that app I'm working on. (MSA 2007) Every one of those the user has to click on the subform before anything happens, so we can "get" (store) the scroll data (SelTop and CurrentSectionTop) at the OnCurrent event. However, now I have subform that more often than not, the user won't even click on it. They'll just scroll down and look at it, and then I'll need to requery but keep them where they've scrolled but the OnCurrent event never ...

Fill Options & Formula Help
I am trying to drag a formula across many cells from a seperate spreadsheet, however i am having a few difficulties. On the second sheet i am wanting to fill cells horizontally (a1, a2, a3 etc) with information from the first sheet (a1, b1, c1, d1 etc). For some reason i cannot do this without manually going through and changing the formula. Is there a way this could be acheived? Thank you GOto sheet2 cell a1 Type the "=" to start the formula Switch back to sheet1, select cell A1, press enter Now use your normal fill handle to replicate this formula across shee...

RMS Debit Card Set-up
Has anyone come across good ducumentation on how to use an RMS hook-in for debit card processing using a verifone. Thanks in advance. ...

Pivot percentages urgent help please
how do i consolidate percentges in a pivot table Actual YTD Gross Margin $3500 Gross Magin % 35 % pls help Either your clock is wrong or you are trying to stay at the top of the questions. I delete these. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Kumar" <Kumar_p50@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OyLKTHw%23DHA.2860@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > how do i consolidate percentges in a pivot table > > Actual YTD > Gross Margin $3500 > Gross Magin % 35 % > pls help > > > ...