RMS matrix attribute option

Adding an existing item in the RMS 2.0.0114 matrix with 219 attributes and
826 items and saving it takes about 2 hours to complete (using Windows XP SP2
Pentium D 3.0 Ghz with 2 G RAM).

Since the backend is SQL Server, we don’t see any reason for the application
not to support matrix records of this size, considering that the Item has 219
attributes and 826 items only.

I think it would be better if RMS has the option not to load the existing
attributes for the dropdown list. Just enable the addition of new dimensions.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=2917e02c-c80c-4323-bf24-57dd2543c028&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
ijin (8)
1/15/2008 7:36:00 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Trying to update data in RMS with a web interface
My project is much more complicated, but I am hoping someone can give me some generic tips and/or code to assist me. I want to update a field in RMS with some data the cashier inputs on an HTML form. For example, if a cashier selects a customer using F7, I want them to press a custom button that brings up an HTML window. That html file will have a form where the cashier will enter some text in a textbox. When the cashier presses Submit, the text in the textbox will be written to the Customer.CustomText1 field. The two major issues are 1) how to pass the Customer.ID to the HTML window ...

Options for read receipt
I have a problem, when users get read receipts they are not propmted to choose whether to send the receipt or not. The options in the tools tracking options are grayed out and they are unable to change the setting. The users are admins on their local machines and are also domain admins. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks! Ben Hebert "Ben Hebert" <trimble36@msn.com> wrote in message news:<026301c347d7$677de330$a301280a@phx.gbl>... > I have a problem, when users get read receipts they are > not propmted to choose whether to send the receipt or > not. The opt...

RMS Turns off
While almost completing a transaction the program closes itself and the desktop secreen is visible. I have two pos machines but it only happens on one. At other times all together it gives a error messages soposuser.exe. Someone please help Alex, having the same problem on 4 terminals running RMS. The problem happens periodically when the user tries to tender a sale. Microsoft support has not been any help on this. Usually an error is generated that can be viewed in the application log. What equipment are you running RMS on? What other peripherals do you have attached? Maybe w...

RMS SO POS Bug ?
Hi, I use the standard EAN13 weight-code (that like with 20...). When Item with this code have a sale price, the POS do not show the real quantity (price of scale/standard price)*sale price = new quantity for pos. Do You have a solution? Thank you Antonio ...

Any Liquor store RMS Users
Are there any Liquor store using RMS ? Is anyone willing to share some of their best practices, some ways they do things. Is there anything as "best practices' booklet for Liquor store using RMS, Few questions i have How is your inventory kept? Is everything by case based on supplier item numbers and than having a parent/child relationship to single item (bottle, 6 pack , etc) Or is it better to keep inventory by bottle with fast moving items having parent/child relationship How do you cover the need for extra fields needed Size Price per ounce Type, Proof Verital(types ...

RMS 2.0 and PC Charge
Is anyone using PC Charge Pro with RMS 2.0? I haven't been able to get any answers from Verifone as to certification with RMS 2.0. Does PC Charge Pro support the AVS function in RMS or does it do it itself? I'm changing Merchants and the new one requires using PC Charge Pro. Thanks, TomT Funny thing... I have basically the same question. Our MS VAR told me to check with PCCharge (Verifone) . VeriFone told me "They (MS RMS) test their versions with our software and keep a list of which is compatible. If you are using the newer version of RMS then I would say 5.7.1I SP...

Changing the attributes for a hidden system file programmatically
Hi, I have a hidden system file that I need to read. I am logged in as an administrator. I can not change the file attributes using the windows explorer. I can view the file's content. Opening the file programmatically fails with access is denied. (If I copy the file I can access it, although it is also hidden.) Therefore I am trying to change the attributes of that file, programmatically, to normal. Getting the attributes succeeds and shows that the file is hidden and system. However when I try to set the file attribute to normal it fails and get last error produces the fo...

Multi-lingual options
Hello fellow newsgroupies, I am writing an application which must support multiple languages (text in menus, controls, dialogs etc). Ideally the ability to change from one language to the other should be available at run-time but if that isn't possile then compile-time will have to do. What is the best way to do this? Many thanks, 'Newsgroupie' Hi, You would have to define what "best" means. In short, the official way gives a very thorough job at a high cost. It is possible to cut many corners to provide reduced thoroughness at less cost. In order to say where c...

Startup form selection based on Group permission Options
Hello Group, I have an application that I would like to select the startup form the user sees based on the permissions of their user group. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

Kit
We need our Items to be a kit item with attributes (matrix), Is any one know of a solution? Super Items [Matrix, Lot Matrix, and Assemblies] cannot be part of a KIT Serial Number Items cannot be part of a KIT What you ned is a special development for a customised KIT thatallow s the above. This is doable. If you need this let me know and I will get back to you with timeline and cost. Regards Afshin Alikhani [afshin@retailrealm.co.uk] CEO - Retail Realm -- URL http://www.retailrealm.co.uk "Dover" wrote: > We need our Items to be a kit item with attributes (matrix), Is...

Vista and RMS.
I am running Vista Ulitame 32 bit and RMS 2.0.0116. My question is has anyone been able to get an ingenico i6550 USB to work with this settings? Thanks -- Steve Are you using a Vista compatible OPOS for the ingenicco? "Steven @ S&S Tire Service" <StevenSSTireService@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E558D34-1EA8-4F04-ABA2-8567AC53B419@microsoft.com... >I am running Vista Ulitame 32 bit and RMS 2.0.0116. > My question is has anyone been able to get an ingenico i6550 USB to work > with this settings? > Thanks > -- > Steve I don'...

Regarding option in the Microsoft Outlook Client
I am having trouble tracking my emails in CRM. The track in CRM button exists but the regarding no longer exists. I see the regarding for other options like appointments but I can't attach or promote an email to CRM. I have tried pressing the "track in CRM" button and then opening the email but I still do not see the regarding button. Any ideas and thank you. Angela ...

General Question: Attribute vs. Element
Hi All, This is a pretty simple question, but with possibly a complex answer. I was wondering if anybody had any opinions or links for "rules" as to when to use elements and when to use attributes within XML. For a quick example, think of a file system represented by XML. Method 1: Attributes <FileSystem> <Folder name="MyFolder"> <File name="test1.txt" size="3752" /> <File name="test2.txt" size="1729" /> </Folder> <Folder name="AnotherFolder"> <File name=&...

how to create item numbers column in a Query Options
Is there anyway to place a column (Item#) in a query, which will show the item numbers of the results. Say that, if query result has 13 items, Item# values will be sequentially 1,2,3...11,12,13. I have a feeling that it might be solved by usind DCOUNT function. Thanks You can create a column using either DCount() or a subquery. You might want to search google on ranking query. If you don't find anything, come back with some table and field names as well as what field values will be used to create the order. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "mezzanine1974" wrote: >...

Where's a OFC file option in 2005?
Hello. My banck works with .ofc file that was working fine in my money2004. But I would like to upgrade to money2005 but I can't even import data from my bank. Now I must type all data. This is a pain. There is other way? like converting the file for any standard money 2005 file? Thanks Does your bank provide any other formats, like OFX ? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/...

Setting Security in RMS
A lot of my clients ask me how to do Security in RMS, so I thought it might be useful to everyone. If you want the screenshots, shoot me an email and I'll send you the original email with them. Follow these directions exactly and soon you will be an RMS security expert. Security at the POS 1. Create theoretical groups for security, group 1, group 2, etc. 2. These groups will be for managers, accountants, supervisors, cashiers, etc. 3. You can assign the group to the user templates you already have 4. go to the POS and click on the square in the lower left corner, giving yo...

Import Rms Database to POS 2009
Hi all, I got a hold of a 30 day trial POS 2009, so I wanted to import a RMS database backup file to POS 2009 so I could "check it out" before I decided to switch to POS 2009. How do I do it?? I tried Tools>Database>Restore option and also create option, but during the restore option is comes back with an error and shut down the restoredatabase.exe Any ideas what I am doing wrong??? thanks Arve We have an RR Import Utility that is working with POS2009 and RMS. We are giving this for a short time free of charge as part of our beta launch. Contact me if interested to...

Word 2007 menu option missing from start programs menu
Office 2007 is installed on my computer and can only be accessed by going to the Recent Documents option and opening an existing doc. The menu selection for the program is missing from the MS Office option in the Start/All Programs menu. All other Office programs are listed. How do I get the Office 2007 program option to appear in the program menu again? ...

Mail Options Questions
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C7CFA5.E7FF7320 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Can I make it so that : {a) When I do a new mail message and I am in a particular folder, automatically set the 'From' field to a particular email account or (b) If that's not possible, can I tag Contacts such that any messages to them are From a particular email account. (c) Can I automatically categorise received emails depending on the From address ? Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_0011...

Web Page Option Tab?
I am trying to make my website searchable using the Web Page Option Tab. Can anyone explain what I need to enter? ...

Fill Options & Formula Help
I am trying to drag a formula across many cells from a seperate spreadsheet, however i am having a few difficulties. On the second sheet i am wanting to fill cells horizontally (a1, a2, a3 etc) with information from the first sheet (a1, b1, c1, d1 etc). For some reason i cannot do this without manually going through and changing the formula. Is there a way this could be acheived? Thank you GOto sheet2 cell a1 Type the "=" to start the formula Switch back to sheet1, select cell A1, press enter Now use your normal fill handle to replicate this formula across shee...

RMS Debit Card Set-up
Has anyone come across good ducumentation on how to use an RMS hook-in for debit card processing using a verifone. Thanks in advance. ...

Printing options for all sheets in a workbook?
One of the most painful things in Excel (2003) is that you have to set up the printing options (margins, header, footer, scale etc.) for all sheets in a workbook individually. Is there a hidden option somewhere that says "apply print options to all sheets in workbook"? cheers Bill You can group sheets together by right-clicking on a sheet tab and selecting Group all sheets. Then whatever you do to one sheet will apply to all sheets. So, if you set your print options (headers, footers, margins etc) in this mode then all sheets will take on those options. Remember to ungroup t...

Microsoft RMS Integrated CC processing
I have a client who will charge their customers a deposit for a boat rental. Does RMS allow for an authorization to the credit card? Meaning- will it verify funds and authorize that amount, but not actually transact that amount until requested at the POS? My thought is that this will not work. On a ZON machine- you can press a button that allows for a transaction to be authorized, or charged, and I dont know of a way this would work with the credit card integration. How would you suggest deposit transactions in RMS? Thanks, Andrea Andrea, Can't do it within RMS. Maybe with TPI ...

Lost Macro Option
I no longer have the Macro option under Tools/Macro. It starts right away with Record a Macro. I had about 5 macros built but can no longer access them. Does anyone know what happened and how to fix this? Thanks Are you sure the "intelligent menu" is not hiding the menu item? If you leave the menu open for a few seconds the hidden items should become visible. The other possibility is that the item got dragged off the menu while in Customize mode. If so, using View | Toolbars | Customize, find the Macros menu item on the Commands tab under Tools and drag it back up to the menu. ...