RMS Installation

We recently acquired a new client (single location outdoor mercandizer) with
an existing RMS installation.  One of our first tasks was to install a new
workstation and add RMS.  Upon installation on the desktop, I can connect to
the SQL database on the "server" with Store Operations Administrator, but
NOTHING happens with Store Operations Manager except a dialogue box stating
it can't hit the database.  How do I point SOM to the database????  Thanks in
advance for the help!!!

Symmessooner
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

in SO Administrator - File/Configuration

Make sure you log into Windows as an administrator before you set the
File/Configuration settings, otherwise, they won't be saved.

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"Symmessooner" <Symmessooner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We recently acquired a new client (single location outdoor mercandizer)
> with
> an existing RMS installation.  One of our first tasks was to install a new
> workstation and add RMS.  Upon installation on the desktop, I can connect
> the SQL database on the "server" with Store Operations Administrator, but
> NOTHING happens with Store Operations Manager except a dialogue box
> stating
> it can't hit the database.  How do I point SOM to the database????  Thanks
> in
> advance for the help!!!
>

> Symmessooner

0
glenn1806 (721)

Trying to update data in RMS with a web interface
My project is much more complicated, but I am hoping someone can give me some generic tips and/or code to assist me. I want to update a field in RMS with some data the cashier inputs on an HTML form. For example, if a cashier selects a customer using F7, I want them to press a custom button that brings up an HTML window. That html file will have a form where the cashier will enter some text in a textbox. When the cashier presses Submit, the text in the textbox will be written to the Customer.CustomText1 field. The two major issues are 1) how to pass the Customer.ID to the HTML window ...

unable to install office 2007..
Hello I am unable to install office 2007 on my computer. Earlier it was working fine and i installed office 2010 Beta. now i removed beta and tried to install office 2007 but it does not install after extrsacting the files it gives an error message "an error occured during the installation. and setup was unable to complete.". Then in more information it gives the following error meessage ######################### Description: Setup did not complete successfully. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: Office12Setup Problem...

Install CRM 3.0 Problem
Hi All, After I used Impletmentation Guide to install Microsoft CRM 3.0, I got an error, which is An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator, when I opened CRM using http://localhost:5555/loader.aspx. Therefore I cannot do anything on CRM at all. Anyone knows how to fix this error, I'd appreciate it! Note: I also used CRM tracing (see below): <?xml version="1.0" ?> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/19...

Windows Installer launches when user opens new mail
In Outlook 2003, (running XP Pro) after installing the Junk-mail filter update, each time the user tries to open a new message, the Windows installer launches. Whether it is allowed to complete or cancelled the message opens, but the problem happens again with each new message. I've tried the Detect and Repair for Office and it finishes successfully, but doesn't fix the problem. I've checked the properties on the .dat file for the update and it looks to be installed. The user is also running McAfee Internet Security and changes hardware profiles frequently. If I launch in...

RMS Turns off
While almost completing a transaction the program closes itself and the desktop secreen is visible. I have two pos machines but it only happens on one. At other times all together it gives a error messages soposuser.exe. Someone please help Alex, having the same problem on 4 terminals running RMS. The problem happens periodically when the user tries to tender a sale. Microsoft support has not been any help on this. Usually an error is generated that can be viewed in the application log. What equipment are you running RMS on? What other peripherals do you have attached? Maybe w...

Errors After Re-Installing Office 2004
Hi there, I had to re-install Office 2004 as I discovered part of my installation was missing key elements that I use. However, I am now having two major problems. I have not yet downloaded the Office Updates and am not sure if these will resolve these issues. This is because the server keeps going off-line. Get part way through and then it gives an error messages (not communicating) and having to start from scratch again. This is the cumulative update for May 8th, 58.5 MB (11.3.5). I'm using an Intel iMac with OS X 10.4.9. 1. In Entourage only, I receive "This identity cann...

RMS SO POS Bug ?
Hi, I use the standard EAN13 weight-code (that like with 20...). When Item with this code have a sale price, the POS do not show the real quantity (price of scale/standard price)*sale price = new quantity for pos. Do You have a solution? Thank you Antonio ...

Side-by-side installation of Visio 2003 and VEA that came with VS 1.0 Enterprise
Please let me know if installation of both Visio 2003 and VEA that came with VS 1.0 Enterprise on the same machine is officially supported. I can't speak for M$, but they respond that it does work (although a pain in the butt to reboot when you need to move from one to the other, also since the VEA version is really v2002 understand the VEA version may not read the v2003 files). Al "TomTom" <no_spam@nospamfordiscussion.com> wrote in message news:OZTSpD2ZEHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Please let me know if installation of both Visio 2003 and VEA that came >...

Any Liquor store RMS Users
Are there any Liquor store using RMS ? Is anyone willing to share some of their best practices, some ways they do things. Is there anything as "best practices' booklet for Liquor store using RMS, Few questions i have How is your inventory kept? Is everything by case based on supplier item numbers and than having a parent/child relationship to single item (bottle, 6 pack , etc) Or is it better to keep inventory by bottle with fast moving items having parent/child relationship How do you cover the need for extra fields needed Size Price per ounce Type, Proof Verital(types ...

MS Query not installed for New Database Query
I have Excel 2000 SP3 & Windows XP Home When I go to Data | Get External Data | Run Saved Query I can imort data from an Access database into an Excel worksheet. Wheh I go to Data | Get External Data | New Database Query after a delay a message appears to tell me that MS Query is not installed. MSQRY32.EXE is in the Office folder & I have reinstalled it by renaming it to .old & running the Add/Remove facility in the Office installer to no avail. I have searched the MSKB & found an article at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;179686 that refers to...

RMS 2.0 and PC Charge
Is anyone using PC Charge Pro with RMS 2.0? I haven't been able to get any answers from Verifone as to certification with RMS 2.0. Does PC Charge Pro support the AVS function in RMS or does it do it itself? I'm changing Merchants and the new one requires using PC Charge Pro. Thanks, TomT Funny thing... I have basically the same question. Our MS VAR told me to check with PCCharge (Verifone) . VeriFone told me "They (MS RMS) test their versions with our software and keep a list of which is compatible. If you are using the newer version of RMS then I would say 5.7.1I SP...

Vista and RMS.
I am running Vista Ulitame 32 bit and RMS 2.0.0116. My question is has anyone been able to get an ingenico i6550 USB to work with this settings? Thanks -- Steve Are you using a Vista compatible OPOS for the ingenicco? "Steven @ S&S Tire Service" <StevenSSTireService@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E558D34-1EA8-4F04-ABA2-8567AC53B419@microsoft.com... >I am running Vista Ulitame 32 bit and RMS 2.0.0116. > My question is has anyone been able to get an ingenico i6550 USB to work > with this settings? > Thanks > -- > Steve I don'...

Setting Security in RMS
A lot of my clients ask me how to do Security in RMS, so I thought it might be useful to everyone. If you want the screenshots, shoot me an email and I'll send you the original email with them. Follow these directions exactly and soon you will be an RMS security expert. Security at the POS 1. Create theoretical groups for security, group 1, group 2, etc. 2. These groups will be for managers, accountants, supervisors, cashiers, etc. 3. You can assign the group to the user templates you already have 4. go to the POS and click on the square in the lower left corner, giving yo...

Exchange 2003 SP1 Install Error
When I try to install E2003 SP1 I get the error: EventType exchangesetuperror, P1 6_5_7226_0, P2 update, P3 microsoft exchange messaging and collaboration services, P4 install, P5 e0070101, P6 _null_, P7 1, P8 NIL, P9 NIL, P10 NI The log says it cannot find a file but I can't tell which file it's looking for. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks ...

Office 2007 Multi Language install problem
Hi, I want to apply an Office 2007 language pack to an existing Office 2007 (English) installation. I've followed all steps as described here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179145.aspx#section2 * I've copied all the Dutch folders (access.nl-nl, excel.nl-nl, ...*.nl-nl) to a seperate folder * edited the OMUI.nl-nl\config.xml file as described (see attachment) * start the setup from the office 2007 setup-folder (setup.exe /config c:\mui\nl\OMUI.nl-nl\config.xml) the setup runs successfully. When I want to select Dutch as the interface language via St...

Import Rms Database to POS 2009
Hi all, I got a hold of a 30 day trial POS 2009, so I wanted to import a RMS database backup file to POS 2009 so I could "check it out" before I decided to switch to POS 2009. How do I do it?? I tried Tools>Database>Restore option and also create option, but during the restore option is comes back with an error and shut down the restoredatabase.exe Any ideas what I am doing wrong??? thanks Arve We have an RR Import Utility that is working with POS2009 and RMS. We are giving this for a short time free of charge as part of our beta launch. Contact me if interested to...

Outlook 2003 install bandwith questions
We are looking at upgrade about 70,000 users worldwide from Outlook 2000 to 2003. We were looking at using the cached mode by default. The network people are concerned that as we upgrade groups of people the .OST generation process will saturate the bandwidth of the connections both in the datacenter leading to the Excahnge servers and in the area the outlook upgrade took place. Does anyone know of any good documention that covers this case? Thanks. Jeff On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 07:20:08 -0500, Jeff Senter <jsenter@erols.com> wrote: >We are looking at upgrade about 70,000 user...

RMS Debit Card Set-up
Has anyone come across good ducumentation on how to use an RMS hook-in for debit card processing using a verifone. Thanks in advance. ...

Error in Installation of MS CRM
Hi i am new to MSCRM, I was trying to install MSCRM, while i installing i got an error which is "Activating Sql Server Reporting Service Failed. Specified Reporting Services Report Server http://SCHN30MSCRM04/Report Server was not found, please give me a solution to install CRM, Thank you Is Reporting Service installed? if it is, is it up and running correctly, can you access http://servername/reportserver or http://servername/reports ? Good point S.R. and make sure the reports page can be accessed both on and off the server. "S.R." wrote: > Is ...

Microsoft RMS Integrated CC processing
I have a client who will charge their customers a deposit for a boat rental. Does RMS allow for an authorization to the credit card? Meaning- will it verify funds and authorize that amount, but not actually transact that amount until requested at the POS? My thought is that this will not work. On a ZON machine- you can press a button that allows for a transaction to be authorized, or charged, and I dont know of a way this would work with the credit card integration. How would you suggest deposit transactions in RMS? Thanks, Andrea Andrea, Can't do it within RMS. Maybe with TPI ...

Crystal reports installation help needed
Hi all, I was wondering about something. I have CR 10 Adv dev edition and am trying to intall the CRM enhancements for crystal reports. What I get when I install is a message saying I hav 9.2.0 installed and need to upgrade to 9.2.2 first. Does anyone know where I can get this upgrade or how to get it to work with CR 10 check out my link below which tells where to get 9.2.2 from. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Stephen" <win2kguy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:280204ad.0409111219.14a6a64...

Installation CD and DAO
I am creating an installation CD in Installshield. My MFC app uses DAO. I know!!!!!! I will change it later. But what do I need to give the user? I am giving them DAO 3.6 in Crystal Reports already. Do I need to give them also MDAC or JET dlls or is DAO360.dll enough? William, DAO350.DLL must be present and registered on the machine. MSJET35.DLL must be in the search path. As far as I know MDAC 2.5 has DAO3.5 regards anton "William Gower" <w_gower@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u2UiWkBvDHA.560@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I am creating an installation CD in I...

installation error 10-11-03
I know this is probably the wrong NG, but I'm confused. I just recently installed a program called 3D Studio Max, and it was successfully installed. Unfortunately once it was installed the installation files continued to try to load on reboot. I tried reinstalling Windows and that's when i started getting critacl errors at startup. I know the file system has not been corupted, because i can access all the files from another HD booting up. I'm trying to not have to reinstall all those programs to a default c: if possible. ...

Installer Problems
Hi! I had Money 2002 on my computer. I "downloaded" the Money 2004 "trial". (I have decided to purchase it soon anyway.) My question: Everytime I "click on" my Money icon on desktop, the Windows Installer trys to install it again and I can't just open money. Then a pop up comes up & says "please insert Money 2004 CD". Is there anyway around this? Especially the Windows Installer. Thanks Guys!! ...

Backup RMS to CD
When I try to backup RMS to RWCD I get 'You do not have permission to save in this directory' Although drive is shareable to group 'everyone' and 'full control' is allowed. I'm a admin user and it will let be backup to c: folder and 'copy' bck file to the same cd drive with out any problem. The file is actually being saved by the service account that SQL Server is running under. You can create a batch file to run the backup then copy the file - backup scripts have been posted here (try searching Google Groups) and I think there is one in the Knowledg...