RMS Hot Fix 2.0.0115 available now

I had an open issue that was resolved by this release, so I got word from MS
yesterday afternoon that this Hot Fix was available.

If you use HQ, you definitely want to apply this Hot Fix ASAP.

Just FYI,
Tom
--
Stop fishing for e-mail

PS.  I wish Microsoft was more proactive with these Hot Fixes.
0
tomg2938 (389)
3/4/2008 6:16:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

P.S. I wish they would test the software adequately and not need so many
hotfixes.

"Terrible Tom" <tomg@GOFISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
>I had an open issue that was resolved by this release, so I got word from
>MS
> yesterday afternoon that this Hot Fix was available.
>
> If you use HQ, you definitely want to apply this Hot Fix ASAP.
>
> Just FYI,
> Tom
> --
> Stop fishing for e-mail
>
> PS.  I wish Microsoft was more proactive with these Hot Fixes.

On that note, what possible reason could MS have for restricting hotfixes?
Why the password (time limited)? Shouldn't patches for FAULTY software be
available at any time to anyone with a valid license, regardless of
maintenance plan status?

I wish they didn't have unlimited money and unlimited legal counsel.

"Terrible Tom" <tomg@GOFISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
>I had an open issue that was resolved by this release, so I got word from
>MS
> yesterday afternoon that this Hot Fix was available.
>
> If you use HQ, you definitely want to apply this Hot Fix ASAP.
>
> Just FYI,
> Tom
> --
> Stop fishing for e-mail
>
> PS.  I wish Microsoft was more proactive with these Hot Fixes.

Updating GP 10.0 to SP2 genericPath error
I am trying to update a GP10.0 installation to the latest and greatest. When I launch the MicrosoftDynamicsGP-KB952789-v10-ENU.msp package, it starts working, then comes up with this error: Specified argument was out of the range if valid values. Parameter name: genericPath. When I click "OK" the install terminates. Any ideas? I am doing a test install and had some problems so I am starting over. When trying to unistall, I am getting the same error message. I have v10 sp3? KB955679. It won't let me uninstall or do a repair install. "Wes VanAlstyne" wrote: >...

Sort parameters #2
Hey all, I have a worksheet that has 12 columns and 50 rows. I want to sort by various columns, do I need to select the entire worksheet so that the information is sorted correctly? Here is an example of my sort first name - last name - age - phone # - address - zip code I want to say "sort by last name" or "sort by age" Thanks! Abe, Select all the used columns in your worksheet, e.g., A:L, then go to the Data menu, choose Sort, and select the column by which you want the data sorted. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consult...

Stencils #2
Anyone know the authorative place for stencils or templates? I have used almost everything in the office update page. Anything else / better? -wp On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 10:04:32 -0500, "Wild Packet" <wp@contoso.com> wrote: >Anyone know the authorative place for stencils or templates? > >I have used almost everything in the office update page. Anything else / >better? http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

sync contacts/calander for 1 user between 2 servers
I have a user who has an account on two exchange 5.5 servers (two different NT domains). This user would like their contacts and calendar sync'd between the two servers (does NOT want email sync'd). The two servers have full IP (no firewall or nat) visibility to each other but otherwise have nothing to do with each other. Anyone have any ideas? ...

Outlook addressbook #2
Hi, I have reinstalled my MS outlook 2003 and after that i tried to import my personal folders data. It worked good until i decided to create a new rule; when i clicked the people or distribution list i received this message: "The address book list could not be displayed. The contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from outlook address book see the Help.". Well i could find anything in help. When i go to my contacts i see them ...

GP 10.0 SmartList Security
Hello: I heard that SmartList Security in 10.0 is "gone". What does that mean? How do you set security to SmartLists, then? Thanks! childofthe1980s On Sep 17, 8:18 pm, childofthe1980s <childofthe19...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello: > > I heard that SmartList Security in 10.0 is "gone". What does that mean? > How do you set security to SmartLists, then? > > Thanks! > > childofthe1980s Smartlist objects are now part of the Role > Task hierarchy. You can assign the objects to tasks and then assign the task to a role. On...

Maximum File Size #2
What is the maximum recommended file size for an Excel workbook? Hi see: http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Lynn" <Lynn@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:EC7732CE-8678-426A-8400-0836D87D80D8@microsoft.com... > What is the maximum recommended file size for an Excel workbook? ...

Printing #2
A colleague of mine has a problem with Excel files that look fine in print preview but when printed out the left hand side is missing. Margins are set at 1.5cm. Hope someone can help as to why this is happening. Thanks, Sharon ...

Milwaukee 1680-21 13 amp 1/2-inch Super Hawg Joist and Stud Drill
Price:$610.00 Image: http://thediscountdatabase.info/image.php?id=B00006AGPX Best deal: http://thediscountdatabase.info/index.php?id=B00006AGPX To the gentleman who reviewed the 1680-21 and gave it 4 stars for simply arriving at the house and didn't test it;"gee that makes sense" During installation of a waste line section (4") the bi-metal bit jammed on low speed. I now understand why the manual devotes significant time to being careful. Two days and some Ben-Gay does wonders. We could not be happier with our purchase. It was delivered promptly and works better than...

Outlook won't start #2
Error message is "Outlook caused a stack fault in module mapi32or.dll at 017f:012b2f4c. This error message does not produce any response from the Knowledgebase. Anyone know what this is? ...

Sales for Outlook v1.2
I can't get the CRM Sales for Outlook application v1.2 to go into offline mode. Also the detail forms don't render, I get the error form (more information below). Access to the CRM server v1.2 works fine from the web. I am running Windows XP Professional on the client and Office 2000 SP3 with the hotfixes applied. On the server I have CRM v1.2, SQL Server 2000 and Exchange 2000 installed on the same system that is a child DC (native mode) of a parent DC running in Mixed- Mode (mscrm.ardexus.com). I am aware that installing everything on the same machine/DC is not officially s...

Problems with attachments #2
I have not been able to send attachments from Outlook that originate with my machine (I have win ME on a Dell laptop). Also, some people will get the attachment, but it will be changed from .doc to .dat, etc. However, I can forward attachments sent to me and the recipients will get them. Please help! Thanks. Make sure you use HTML or Plain Text format when sending messages to users of any other e-mail client besides Outlook. Don't use Rich Text format, which is proprietary to Outlook and will cause problems for other recipients, one of which is that they won't get your attac...

Trying to update data in RMS with a web interface
My project is much more complicated, but I am hoping someone can give me some generic tips and/or code to assist me. I want to update a field in RMS with some data the cashier inputs on an HTML form. For example, if a cashier selects a customer using F7, I want them to press a custom button that brings up an HTML window. That html file will have a form where the cashier will enter some text in a textbox. When the cashier presses Submit, the text in the textbox will be written to the Customer.CustomText1 field. The two major issues are 1) how to pass the Customer.ID to the HTML window ...

Certain subject lines are rejected. How can I fix this?

Queues #2
Hi, Client has 3 seperate queues - one is working ok, the other two are having intermittent problems. All set up with disabled accounts, SELF permissions on mailbox and associated external account. Noted that Exchange is reporting an error on the exchange accounts as follows: Disabled user /o=xxx /ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=xxxx.xxxx does not have a master account SID. Please use Active Directory MMC to set an active account as this user's master account. Not sure what the error message is or what resolves it. Appreciate any help you can provide ...

How to create a 2 columns and 2 lines graph with non-related value
Hi, I am trying to create a graph with 2 columns and 2 lines. I am able to get the 2 colums ($000 value) and one line easily ($000 value), however the 4th data series is completely out of range (it's a percentage value ranging between 8 and 10%). I can see the line completely flat on the bottom axis but would like to be able to move it up so it kind of "hangs over" the columns. Any ideas that do not involve complexed programming? Thanks, Double click on the line, and on the Axis tab of the Format Series dialog, select Secondary. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Exc...

collection letter #2
I am trying to create collection letters to include all A/R detail. I have managed to include the invoice detail but this does not show any payments, returns or credit memos. Is there a way to include these? We have been using a modified trial balance as a statement to show all activity and have it aged in buckets. This requires an additional cover sheet since there is no easy way to have this report formatted to align in a window envelope. This is a time consuming task. I do not like the statements that are generated using the sales routines since that includes every transaction ...

Word Cells into Excel Cells #2
How does one import a cell formatted Word file *.doc into cells within Excel *.xls. By "cell formatted Word file", do you mean a table? I would simply select table and click copy. Then open excel and paste it where you want it to appear. J "gary" wrote: > How does one import a cell formatted Word file *.doc into > cells within Excel *.xls. > > > jayceejay Wrote: > By "cell formatted Word file", do you mean a table? I would simpl > select > table and click copy. Then open excel and paste it where you want i > to > ap...

hotkeys and keyup #2
Hi I would like to thank everyone for suggestions concerning hotkeys and keyup. What I am using is CE .Net though if there is a solution that also works in regular windows that would be good. I am willing to give most anything a try. What I have is a program that sits in the background and waits for a keystroke to run certain functions. One for keydown and one for keyup. The functions talk to an external device on a serial connection, but the main thing is that I need a method to get those keystrokes no matter what application is on top. The impression that I get is that Hotkey will send the...

Unable to open default folders #2
Mail was working fine until I tried to merge documents using to print labels. Now when I try to open out I get the message: Unable to open default e-mail folders.....do not have access to file xxx/xxx/outlook.pst How can I recover this file. It seems to have vanished. If you're using Windows 2000 or XP, the .PST file may be in a hidden or system folder. When searching for all .PST files, make sure you've enabled searching within hidden and system folders. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the new...

mail enabled public folder #2
I have created a public folder and mail enabled, I have also made sure that anonymous has contributor permission. However, I cannot send emails to this public folder from an external domain. Internal is OK, anyone have any ideas What's the text of the NDR? kevin wells wrote: > I have created a public folder and mail enabled, I have > also made sure that anonymous has contributor permission. > > However, I cannot send emails to this public folder from > an external domain. Internal is OK, > > anyone have any ideas "Default" must also have contri...

RMS Turns off
While almost completing a transaction the program closes itself and the desktop secreen is visible. I have two pos machines but it only happens on one. At other times all together it gives a error messages soposuser.exe. Someone please help Alex, having the same problem on 4 terminals running RMS. The problem happens periodically when the user tries to tender a sale. Microsoft support has not been any help on this. Usually an error is generated that can be viewed in the application log. What equipment are you running RMS on? What other peripherals do you have attached? Maybe w...

RMS SO POS Bug ?
Hi, I use the standard EAN13 weight-code (that like with 20...). When Item with this code have a sale price, the POS do not show the real quantity (price of scale/standard price)*sale price = new quantity for pos. Do You have a solution? Thank you Antonio ...

event id 9360 #2
Hello, I am getting the error in my eventlog Event ID: 9360 OALGen encountered an error while generating the changes.oab file for version 2 and 3 differential downloads of address list '\Global Address List'. The offline address list has not been updated so clients will not be able to download the current set of changes. Check other logged events to find the cause of this error. If the cause of the problem was intentional or cannot be resolved, OALGen can be forced to post a full offline address list by creating the DWORD registry key 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentCo...

upgrading to new version #2
I recently downloaded the newest version of ms money (Deluxe Plus) to replace my 2001 version. Because of some mistakes I made over the years in learning how to use the product, I would prefer to keep the old version separate from the new version. In other words, I would like to start the new version without carrying over any data from the old version. When I start to open the new version, it automatically recognizes the old version and wants to convert all the data to the new version. Can I truly "start from scratch" with the new version, while maintaining the old version wit...