RMS 2.0 sp1 won't install on Server 2003

I have installed the service pack on all 22 work stations successfully, but
on a Server 2003 config'd as a terminal server I get a Hotfix Installer
message: "The update cannot be applied"

This is a big concern, as starting tomorrow I will be running sp1 on all
workstations except this server.

Your suggestions highly appreciated.

I have been running RMS for 3 years on this server and have done updates for
the RMS 1.2 and 1.3 without problems

RMS 2.0 has been running smoothly on the terminal server  for all users
except three users in accounting who require 20 seconds to pull up journals
and 20 seconds to print.  I have checked all network and local profiles and
settings and they are the same for these users as everyone else.  People in
cubicles next door run just fine.
0
Wellshot (4)
9/21/2007 5:32:01 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_0303_01C7FBE1.270104A0

Wellshot,

Anything in the Event Viewer?  MBS Support isn't going to help much as =
RMS is not supported on TS, but it might be worth a try.

--=20

Jeff=20
Check Point Software

=3D=3D=3D

newsgroup reader to
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
=3D=3D=3D

  "Wellshot" <Wellshot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  I have installed the service pack on all 22 work stations =
successfully, but=20
  on a Server 2003 config'd as a terminal server I get a Hotfix =
Installer=20
  message: "The update cannot be applied"

  This is a big concern, as starting tomorrow I will be running sp1 on =
all=20
  workstations except this server.

  Your suggestions highly appreciated.

  I have been running RMS for 3 years on this server and have done =
updates for=20
  the RMS 1.2 and 1.3 without problems

  RMS 2.0 has been running smoothly on the terminal server  for all =
users=20
  except three users in accounting who require 20 seconds to pull up =
journals=20
  and 20 seconds to print.  I have checked all network and local =
profiles and=20
  settings and they are the same for these users as everyone else.  =
People in=20
  cubicles next door run just fine.
------=_NextPart_000_0303_01C7FBE1.270104A0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Dutf-8>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6000.16527" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; =
COLOR: #008000; PADDING-TOP: 15px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 CanvasTabStop=3D"true" =
acc_role=3D"text"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV>Wellshot,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Anything in the Event Viewer?&nbsp; MBS Support isn't going to help =
much as=20
RMS is not supported on TS, but it might be worth a try.</DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>Jeff <BR>Check Point Software</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
of=20
you are=20
Express.&nbsp;=20
on the=20
right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A title=3Dhttp://tinyurl.com/75bgz=20
<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Wellshot" &lt;<A =
title=3Dmailto:Wellshot@discussions.microsoft.com=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Wellshot@discussions.microsoft.com">Wellshot@discussions.m=
icrosoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  title=3Dnews:71400D18-BE5B-4633-BFAF-A16406D67CD9@microsoft.com=20
  =
href=3D"news:71400D18-BE5B-4633-BFAF-A16406D67CD9@microsoft.com">news:714=
00D18-BE5B-4633-BFAF-A16406D67CD9@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>I=20
  have installed the service pack on all 22 work stations successfully, =
but=20
  <BR>on a Server 2003 config'd as a terminal server I get a Hotfix =
Installer=20
  <BR>message: "The update cannot be applied"<BR><BR>This is a big =
concern, as=20
  starting tomorrow I will be running sp1 on all <BR>workstations except =
this=20
  server.<BR><BR>Your suggestions highly appreciated.<BR><BR>I have been =
running=20
  RMS for 3 years on this server and have done updates for <BR>the RMS =
1.2 and=20
  1.3 without problems<BR><BR>RMS 2.0 has been running smoothly on the =
terminal=20
  server&nbsp; for all users <BR>except three users in accounting who =
require 20=20
  seconds to pull up journals <BR>and 20 seconds to print.&nbsp; I have =
checked=20
  all network and local profiles and <BR>settings and they are the same =
for=20
  these users as everyone else.&nbsp; People in <BR>cubicles next door =
run just=20
  fine.</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0303_01C7FBE1.270104A0--

0
cptsoft (1248)
9/21/2007 6:51:24 AM
Hello Wellshot -

Did you get this resolved?  I was wondering because we are thinking about
moving to terminal services with our 2.0 upgrade.

Can you provide any details as to how you have it setup and any
difficulties/"gotcha's" I would need to be aware of?

Thank you,
Phil

"Wellshot" wrote:

> I have installed the service pack on all 22 work stations successfully, but
> on a Server 2003 config'd as a terminal server I get a Hotfix Installer
> message: "The update cannot be applied"
>
> This is a big concern, as starting tomorrow I will be running sp1 on all
> workstations except this server.
>
> Your suggestions highly appreciated.
>
> I have been running RMS for 3 years on this server and have done updates for
> the RMS 1.2 and 1.3 without problems
>
> RMS 2.0 has been running smoothly on the terminal server  for all users
> except three users in accounting who require 20 seconds to pull up journals
> and 20 seconds to print.  I have checked all network and local profiles and
> settings and they are the same for these users as everyone else.  People in
> cubicles next door run just fine.
0
phil3087 (1)

Store Operations crashes when viewing journal (F4) on register 2.
We have two registers, register 1 is the main machine where the database is located and register 2 is networked into it. Whenever you try to view the journal (F4) on register 2, the program crashes and gives this message just before closing: Run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108)': Automation error The object invoked has disconnected from its clients. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Install a default windows printer on register 2 - even if it's just something like the print to fax or MS Office Document...

Microsoft POS #2

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

RMS development
Hello, I am new to RMS customization / development. Please correct me if I am wrong but there seem to be a very limited ways to customize the forms themselves apart from add-ins and additional patch forms called from new buttons. Is there a way to use the object model in QSRules (QSBridge does not have enough) to achieve more seamless integration of customer requirements that are not accounted for in the general product forms. I am thinking of changing some forms or replacing them with customized versions. I know that forms are 'locked up' in the exe. Sounds like re-write j...

Standalone install of Office 98 Upgrade?

Copy entire row where CellValue=0

RMS and PCI certification
I need some help on the RMS not being PCI/PABP/CISP I have read the RMS Data Security Standard, but it still does not make RMS PCI/PABP/CISP and put them on the list provided by Visa . What is everyone using as a solution and what is everyone doing for clients who are using the built in EDC that doesnt meet current standards? Maurice, We have been using the PC Charge for our credit cards with RMS. PC Charge has a new version 5.7.1i SP8 out that address the PCI standard. Ed "Maurice Gordon" wrote: > I need some help on the RMS not being PCI/PABP/CISP > > I hav...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

M2006 installation
I don't have an internet connection and I can't get past the Passport sign-in screen upon installation. Is there a way to install without an internet connection? Thank you. -- Mark M This install is from a CD? Somewhere on that screen or the previous one, in small type, is a cancel/skip/no I really don't want to use a Passport choice. I'd be more precise, but I can't test here. "Mark M" <MarkM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DBDC16A-8EA8-473D-AC7F-E16B9DCE75D6@microsoft.com... > I don't have an internet connection and I can...

Addressing within Exchange 2003

How to restore entire server?

Outlook 2003

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003