RMS 2.0 Problems

There's been a lot of RMS 2.0 talk and complaints. Besides the licensing
issues/dislikes what problems are there? Somebody mentioned something about
Matrix issues, what exactly does it, or should I say doesn't it, do?

Any feed back would be appreciated since I'm about to upgrade our
installation to RMS SO 2.0.

Thanks!

0
Alex6724 (221)
2/27/2007 5:31:36 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Alex again me.
Matrix Item
An item that has many different variations of itself, but with the same
lookup code and price for each variation. For example, jeans can qualify as
matrix items because they can vary by color (blue, black, tan, etc.) and
size, yet each individual pair of jeans has the same lookup code and price as
all the other variations. Matrix items can have up to three dimensions (i.e.
waist size, length, and color).

It depends what bussiness you are in matrix usually use for appearl, shoe
shops etc.
You have also Lot Matrix concept
Rate please.

"Alex" wrote:

> There's been a lot of RMS 2.0 talk and complaints. Besides the licensing
> issues/dislikes what problems are there? Somebody mentioned something about
> Matrix issues, what exactly does it, or should I say doesn't it, do?
>
> Any feed back would be appreciated since I'm about to upgrade our
> installation to RMS SO 2.0.
>
> Thanks!

0
AkberAlwani (916)
2/27/2007 2:07:06 PM
Akber,

Thanks for the response.

We understand and use Matrix items all the times since we sell apparel. My
questions though was what kind of problems there are in RMS 2.0 in dealing
with Matrix items or anything else for that matter.

What is RMS 2.0 doing that it shouldn't be doing or visa versa?

"Akber Alwani" <AkberAlwani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Alex again me.
> Matrix Item
> An item that has many different variations of itself, but with the same
> lookup code and price for each variation. For example, jeans can qualify
> as
> matrix items because they can vary by color (blue, black, tan, etc.) and
> size, yet each individual pair of jeans has the same lookup code and price
> as
> all the other variations. Matrix items can have up to three dimensions
> (i.e.
> waist size, length, and color).
>
> It depends what bussiness you are in matrix usually use for appearl, shoe
> shops etc.
> You have also Lot Matrix concept
> Rate please.
>
> "Alex" wrote:
>
>> There's been a lot of RMS 2.0 talk and complaints. Besides the licensing
>> issues/dislikes what problems are there? Somebody mentioned something
>> about
>> Matrix issues, what exactly does it, or should I say doesn't it, do?
>>
>> Any feed back would be appreciated since I'm about to upgrade our
>> installation to RMS SO 2.0.
>>
>> Thanks!

0
Alex6724 (221)
2/27/2007 2:56:05 PM
The problem we ran into after testing the 2.0 upgrade is like this:

in 1.3 Lets say we create a matrix for a shoe we order in 2 colors Black and
Blue in all sizes and then a season later we add 2 new colors, red and green
in all sizes, to that matrix. After the upgrade, the dimensions for the new
manually created and added shoes show up repeatedly in the matrix window.
ie:

black
blue
red
red
red
red (one red entry for each item in the matrix)
green
green
green
green (one green entry for each item in the matrix)

and the matrix window will not let you fix it. I do not know if it is the
database upgrade, or the matrix window that is causing it. This has NOT been
replicated my MS yet.

I probabally deserve it for stocking a green shoe haha!

"Alex" <Alex@no.com> wrote in message
> Akber,
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> We understand and use Matrix items all the times since we sell apparel. My
> questions though was what kind of problems there are in RMS 2.0 in dealing
> with Matrix items or anything else for that matter.
>
> What is RMS 2.0 doing that it shouldn't be doing or visa versa?
>

> "Akber Alwani" <AkberAlwani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Alex again me.
>> Matrix Item
>> An item that has many different variations of itself, but with the same
>> lookup code and price for each variation. For example, jeans can qualify
>> as
>> matrix items because they can vary by color (blue, black, tan, etc.) and
>> size, yet each individual pair of jeans has the same lookup code and
>> price as
>> all the other variations. Matrix items can have up to three dimensions
>> (i.e.
>> waist size, length, and color).
>>
>> It depends what bussiness you are in matrix usually use for appearl, shoe
>> shops etc.
>> You have also Lot Matrix concept
>> Rate please.
>>
>> "Alex" wrote:
>>
>>> There's been a lot of RMS 2.0 talk and complaints. Besides the licensing
>>> issues/dislikes what problems are there? Somebody mentioned something
>>> about
>>> Matrix issues, what exactly does it, or should I say doesn't it, do?
>>>
>>> Any feed back would be appreciated since I'm about to upgrade our
>>> installation to RMS SO 2.0.
>>>
>>> Thanks!

0
anonymous (74722)
2/27/2007 6:10:24 PM
Is anybody else having Matrix problems/issues in RMS 2.0 or any other
problems?

"root" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The problem we ran into after testing the 2.0 upgrade is like this:
>
> in 1.3 Lets say we create a matrix for a shoe we order in 2 colors Black
> and Blue in all sizes and then a season later we add 2 new colors, red and
> green in all sizes, to that matrix. After the upgrade, the dimensions for
> the new manually created and added shoes show up repeatedly in the matrix
> window. ie:
>
> black
> blue
> red
> red
> red
> red (one red entry for each item in the matrix)
> green
> green
> green
> green (one green entry for each item in the matrix)
>
> and the matrix window will not let you fix it. I do not know if it is the
> database upgrade, or the matrix window that is causing it. This has NOT
> been replicated my MS yet.
>
> I probabally deserve it for stocking a green shoe haha!
>

> "Alex" <Alex@no.com> wrote in message
>> Akber,
>>
>> Thanks for the response.
>>
>> We understand and use Matrix items all the times since we sell apparel.
>> My questions though was what kind of problems there are in RMS 2.0 in
>> dealing with Matrix items or anything else for that matter.
>>
>> What is RMS 2.0 doing that it shouldn't be doing or visa versa?
>>

>> "Akber Alwani" <AkberAlwani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi Alex again me.
>>> Matrix Item
>>> An item that has many different variations of itself, but with the same
>>> lookup code and price for each variation. For example, jeans can qualify
>>> as
>>> matrix items because they can vary by color (blue, black, tan, etc.) and
>>> size, yet each individual pair of jeans has the same lookup code and
>>> price as
>>> all the other variations. Matrix items can have up to three dimensions
>>> (i.e.
>>> waist size, length, and color).
>>>
>>> It depends what bussiness you are in matrix usually use for appearl,
>>> shoe
>>> shops etc.
>>> You have also Lot Matrix concept
>>> Rate please.

0
Alex6724 (221)
2/28/2007 7:18:01 PM
MS has confirmed this.

> Is anybody else having Matrix problems/issues in RMS 2.0 or any other
> problems?
>

> "root" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> The problem we ran into after testing the 2.0 upgrade is like this:
>>
>> in 1.3 Lets say we create a matrix for a shoe we order in 2 colors Black
>> and Blue in all sizes and then a season later we add 2 new colors, red
>> and green in all sizes, to that matrix. After the upgrade, the dimensions
>> for the new manually created and added shoes show up repeatedly in the
>> matrix window. ie:
>>
>> black
>> blue
>> red
>> red
>> red
>> red (one red entry for each item in the matrix)
>> green
>> green
>> green
>> green (one green entry for each item in the matrix)
>>
>> and the matrix window will not let you fix it. I do not know if it is the
>> database upgrade, or the matrix window that is causing it. This has NOT
>> been replicated my MS yet.
>>
>> I probabally deserve it for stocking a green shoe haha!
>>

>> "Alex" <Alex@no.com> wrote in message
>>> Akber,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the response.
>>>
>>> We understand and use Matrix items all the times since we sell apparel.
>>> My questions though was what kind of problems there are in RMS 2.0 in
>>> dealing with Matrix items or anything else for that matter.
>>>
>>> What is RMS 2.0 doing that it shouldn't be doing or visa versa?
>>>

>>> "Akber Alwani" <AkberAlwani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
anonymous (74722)
2/28/2007 7:41:02 PM
Root,

Has this Matrix bug been resolved yet by MS? If not did they give you a
timeframe?

> MS has confirmed this.
>
> "Alex" <Alex@no.com> wrote in message
>> Is anybody else having Matrix problems/issues in RMS 2.0 or any other
>> problems?
>>

>> "root" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> The problem we ran into after testing the 2.0 upgrade is like this:
>>>
>>> in 1.3 Lets say we create a matrix for a shoe we order in 2 colors Black
>>> and Blue in all sizes and then a season later we add 2 new colors, red
>>> and green in all sizes, to that matrix. After the upgrade, the
>>> dimensions for the new manually created and added shoes show up
>>> repeatedly in the matrix window. ie:
>>>
>>> black
>>> blue
>>> red
>>> red
>>> red
>>> red (one red entry for each item in the matrix)
>>> green
>>> green
>>> green
>>> green (one green entry for each item in the matrix)
>>>
>>> and the matrix window will not let you fix it. I do not know if it is
>>> the database upgrade, or the matrix window that is causing it. This has
>>> NOT been replicated my MS yet.
>>>
>>> I probabally deserve it for stocking a green shoe haha!
>>>

>>> "Alex" <Alex@no.com> wrote in message

0
Alex6724 (221)
3/8/2007 1:38:59 AM
Hey Alex,

They reproduced a similar problem and are collaborating with development.
They have given no time frame. Hopefully it will be soon.

> Root,
>
> Has this Matrix bug been resolved yet by MS? If not did they give you a
> timeframe?
>
> "root" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> MS has confirmed this.
>>
>> "Alex" <Alex@no.com> wrote in message
>>> Is anybody else having Matrix problems/issues in RMS 2.0 or any other
>>> problems?
>>>

>>> "root" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
anonymous (74722)
3/8/2007 2:19:33 AM
I think when somebody reports a (valid) bug (not a suggestion) they should
give us an E.T.A. on the Hot fix. My RMS 2.0 C.D. was time stamped in early
December that's about 3 full months without any hot fix postings on the MS
Web Site! Way too long!

> Hey Alex,
>
> They reproduced a similar problem and are collaborating with development.
> They have given no time frame. Hopefully it will be soon.
>

> "Alex" <Alex@no.com> wrote in message
>> Root,
>>
>> Has this Matrix bug been resolved yet by MS? If not did they give you a
>> timeframe?
>>
>> "root" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> MS has confirmed this.
>>>
>>> "Alex" <Alex@no.com> wrote in message

0
Alex6724 (221)
3/8/2007 5:11:40 PM
Hello, I'm working with a new RMS 2.0 install and got 2 issues.
1. The user account running RMS must have administrator privileges in order
to access the product key in the registry; without access to the product key
the POS program will not run.  Is there a way around this?
2. The backup fails when I try to do it from the manager program.  Is there
a fix for this?

"Alex" wrote:

> There's been a lot of RMS 2.0 talk and complaints. Besides the licensing
> issues/dislikes what problems are there? Somebody mentioned something about
> Matrix issues, what exactly does it, or should I say doesn't it, do?
>
> Any feed back would be appreciated since I'm about to upgrade our
> installation to RMS SO 2.0.
>
> Thanks!

On Apr 26, 9:04 am, Harry O''Neill
<HarryONe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello, I'm working with a new RMS 2.0 install and got 2 issues.
> 1. The user account running RMS must have administrator privileges in order
> to access the product key in the registry; without access to the product key
> the POS program will not run.  Is there a way around this?
> 2. The backup fails when I try to do it from the manager program.  Is there
> a fix for this?
>

> "Alex" wrote:
> > There's been a lot of RMS 2.0 talk and complaints. Besides the licensing
> > issues/dislikes what problems are there? Somebody mentioned something about
> > Matrix issues, what exactly does it, or should I say doesn't it, do?
>
> > Any feed back would be appreciated since I'm about to upgrade our
> > installation to RMS SO 2.0.
>
> > Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

Backup works for me.  What sort of error do you see?

0
LakeGator (7)
4/26/2007 6:36:32 PM
Hello Ahmed, I couldn't see the file.  Can you paste the insformation here?
Thanks, Harry O'Neill.

"Ahmed Nashat" wrote:

> Harry,
>
> The Administrator account issue is a good feature and very important, without this feature, offline transactions won't be uploaded to the master database when it's back available, check the attached document for detailed information
>

> "Harry O''Neill" <HarryONeill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B612A544-6A62-44F4-A160-A0F14D0F5834@microsoft.com...
> > Hello, I'm working with a new RMS 2.0 install and got 2 issues.
> > 1. The user account running RMS must have administrator privileges in order
> > to access the product key in the registry; without access to the product key
> > the POS program will not run.  Is there a way around this?
> > 2. The backup fails when I try to do it from the manager program.  Is there
> > a fix for this?
> >
> > "Alex" wrote:
> >
> >> There's been a lot of RMS 2.0 talk and complaints. Besides the licensing
> >> issues/dislikes what problems are there? Somebody mentioned something about
> >> Matrix issues, what exactly does it, or should I say doesn't it, do?
> >>
> >> Any feed back would be appreciated since I'm about to upgrade our
> >> installation to RMS SO 2.0.
> >>
> >> Thanks!

Hello, I got the error:  Cannot open backup device 'C:\DIRECTORY\FILE.BCK'.
This is a permisisons problem but I tried sending the file to My Documents,
C:\, etc.  It did'nt work anywhere on the C: drive.  It did work however when
I backed up to a USB jumpdrive.  Today I tried the Shared directory and it
works there.  The account that I'm using is an administrator

"LakeGator" wrote:

> On Apr 26, 9:04 am, Harry O''Neill
> <HarryONe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Hello, I'm working with a new RMS 2.0 install and got 2 issues.
> > 1. The user account running RMS must have administrator privileges in order
> > to access the product key in the registry; without access to the product key
> > the POS program will not run.  Is there a way around this?
> > 2. The backup fails when I try to do it from the manager program.  Is there
> > a fix for this?
> >

> > "Alex" wrote:
> > > There's been a lot of RMS 2.0 talk and complaints. Besides the licensing
> > > issues/dislikes what problems are there? Somebody mentioned something about
> > > Matrix issues, what exactly does it, or should I say doesn't it, do?
> >
> > > Any feed back would be appreciated since I'm about to upgrade our
> > > installation to RMS SO 2.0.
> >
> > > Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

> Backup works for me.  What sort of error do you see?

  Check the free space on C:

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

Harry O''Neill wrote:
> Hello, I got the error:  Cannot open backup device 'C:\DIRECTORY\FILE.BCK'.
> This is a permisisons problem but I tried sending the file to My Documents,
> C:\, etc.  It did'nt work anywhere on the C: drive.  It did work however when
> I backed up to a USB jumpdrive.  Today I tried the Shared directory and it
> works there.  The account that I'm using is an administrator
>
> "LakeGator" wrote:
>
>> On Apr 26, 9:04 am, Harry O''Neill
>> <HarryONe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>> Hello, I'm working with a new RMS 2.0 install and got 2 issues.
>>> 1. The user account running RMS must have administrator privileges in order
>>> to access the product key in the registry; without access to the product key
>>> the POS program will not run.  Is there a way around this?
>>> 2. The backup fails when I try to do it from the manager program.  Is there
>>> a fix for this?

>> Backup works for me.  What sort of error do you see?

0
glenn9672 (1267)
5/2/2007 5:57:54 PM
Fix for ISSUE #1

1. While you are logged on to Windows under an administrator account, open
the registry editor. To do this, click Start, click Run, type REGEDIT, and
then click OK.

2. Locate and then right-click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Store Operations POS

3. Click Permissions, and then click Advanced.

4. Locate or create the permissions entry or entries that apply to the
nonadministrator account or accounts that will run POS in offline mode,
click the entry, and then click Edit.

5. Under the Allow column for this user, click to select the Full Control
checkbox.

6. In the dialog boxes, click OK to apply the settings.

"Harry O''Neill" <HarryONeill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, I'm working with a new RMS 2.0 install and got 2 issues.
> 1. The user account running RMS must have administrator privileges in
> order
> to access the product key in the registry; without access to the product
> key
> the POS program will not run.  Is there a way around this?
> 2. The backup fails when I try to do it from the manager program.  Is
> there
> a fix for this?
>
> "Alex" wrote:
>
>> There's been a lot of RMS 2.0 talk and complaints. Besides the licensing
>> issues/dislikes what problems are there? Somebody mentioned something
>> about
>> Matrix issues, what exactly does it, or should I say doesn't it, do?
>>
>> Any feed back would be appreciated since I'm about to upgrade our
>> installation to RMS SO 2.0.
>>
>> Thanks!

0
anonymous (74722)

------=_NextPart_000_06D9_01C78D0C.3F572C30

Harry,

root got #1, here's #2 -- assumes Service Pack 2 is installed, otherwise =
run Windows Update to update it.

Control Panel | Administrative tools | Services | SQL Server =
(MSSQLSERVER) | Stop | Log On tab | check Local System account | restart =
the service on the General tab

OR

Programs | SQL 2005 | Configuration Tools | SQL Configuration Manager | =
SQL Server 2005 Services on left | double click SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER) =
on the right | Stop | select Local Service in the dropdown on the Log On =
tab |  Start

--=20

Jeff=20
Check Point Software

=3D=3D=3D

newsgroup reader to
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
=3D=3D=3D

  "Harry O''Neill" <HarryONeill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in =
message news:B612A544-6A62-44F4-A160-A0F14D0F5834@microsoft.com...
  Hello, I'm working with a new RMS 2.0 install and got 2 issues.
  1. The user account running RMS must have administrator privileges in =
order=20
  to access the product key in the registry; without access to the =
product key=20
  the POS program will not run.  Is there a way around this?
  2. The backup fails when I try to do it from the manager program.  Is =
there=20
  a fix for this?

  "Alex" wrote:

  > There's been a lot of RMS 2.0 talk and complaints. Besides the =
licensing=20
  > issues/dislikes what problems are there? Somebody mentioned =
something about=20
  > Matrix issues, what exactly does it, or should I say doesn't it, do?
  >=20
  > Any feed back would be appreciated since I'm about to upgrade our=20
  > installation to RMS SO 2.0.
  >=20
  > Thanks!=20
  >=20
  >=20

------=_NextPart_000_06D9_01C78D0C.3F572C30

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Harry,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>root got #1, here's #2 -- assumes Service =
Pack 2 is=20
installed, otherwise run Windows Update to update it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Control Panel | Administrative tools | =
Services | SQL=20
Server (MSSQLSERVER) | Stop | Log On tab | check Local System account | =
restart=20
the service on the General tab</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>OR</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Programs | SQL 2005 | Configuration Tools | =
SQL=20
Configuration Manager | SQL Server 2005 Services on left | double click =
SQL=20
Server (MSSQLSERVER) on the right | Stop | select Local Service in the =
dropdown=20
on the Log On tab |&nbsp; Start</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>Jeff <BR>Check Point Software</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
of=20
you are=20
Express.&nbsp;=20
on the=20
right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Harry O''Neill" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:HarryONeill@discussions.microsoft.com">HarryONeill@discuss=
ions.microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:B612A544-6A62-44F4-A160-A0F14D0F5834@microsoft.com">news:B61=
2A544-6A62-44F4-A160-A0F14D0F5834@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Hello,=20
  I'm working with a new RMS 2.0 install and got 2 issues.<BR>1. The =
user=20
  account running RMS must have administrator privileges in order <BR>to =
access=20
  the product key in the registry; without access to the product key =
<BR>the POS=20
  program will not run.&nbsp; Is there a way around this?<BR>2. The =
backup fails=20
  when I try to do it from the manager program.&nbsp; Is there <BR>a fix =
for=20
  this?<BR><BR>"Alex" wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; There's been a lot of RMS 2.0 =
talk and=20
  complaints. Besides the licensing <BR>&gt; issues/dislikes what =
problems are=20
  there? Somebody mentioned something about <BR>&gt; Matrix issues, what =
exactly=20
  does it, or should I say doesn't it, do?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Any feed =
back would=20
  be appreciated since I'm about to upgrade our <BR>&gt; installation to =
RMS SO=20
  2.0.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Thanks! <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;=20
<BR>&gt;</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_06D9_01C78D0C.3F572C30--

0
cptsoft (1248)
5/3/2007 5:50:14 AM
Hello, I added the limited account and granted it full control to the Store
Operations POS subkey but I still get the Microsoft Dynamics RMS window with
the error:  Your Windows user account doesn't have permission to write to the
registry.  The program will close.  I went as far as granting full control to
the Users group but that made no difference.  Any other suggestions, Harry
O'Neill.

"root" wrote:

> Fix for ISSUE #1
>
> 1. While you are logged on to Windows under an administrator account, open
> the registry editor. To do this, click Start, click Run, type REGEDIT, and
> then click OK.
>
> 2. Locate and then right-click the following registry subkey:
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Store Operations POS
>
> 3. Click Permissions, and then click Advanced.
>
> 4. Locate or create the permissions entry or entries that apply to the
> nonadministrator account or accounts that will run POS in offline mode,
> click the entry, and then click Edit.
>
> 5. Under the Allow column for this user, click to select the Full Control
> checkbox.
>
> 6. In the dialog boxes, click OK to apply the settings.
>

> "Harry O''Neill" <HarryONeill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello, I'm working with a new RMS 2.0 install and got 2 issues.
> > 1. The user account running RMS must have administrator privileges in
> > order
> > to access the product key in the registry; without access to the product
> > key
> > the POS program will not run.  Is there a way around this?
> > 2. The backup fails when I try to do it from the manager program.  Is
> > there
> > a fix for this?
> >
> > "Alex" wrote:
> >
> >> There's been a lot of RMS 2.0 talk and complaints. Besides the licensing
> >> issues/dislikes what problems are there? Somebody mentioned something
> >> about
> >> Matrix issues, what exactly does it, or should I say doesn't it, do?
> >>
> >> Any feed back would be appreciated since I'm about to upgrade our
> >> installation to RMS SO 2.0.
> >>
> >> Thanks!

------=_NextPart_000_0052_01C78E4B.44B65580

Harry,

Sorry, I didn't read root's answer carefully enough.

You need full control on this registry key also;

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Retail Management System\Store =
Operations

--=20

Jeff=20
Check Point Software

=3D=3D=3D

newsgroup reader to
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
=3D=3D=3D

  "Harry O''Neill" <HarryONeill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in =
message news:38174CEB-1B83-49E1-8632-C18D27CD3805@microsoft.com...
  Hello, I added the limited account and granted it full control to the =
Store=20
  Operations POS subkey but I still get the Microsoft Dynamics RMS =
window with=20
  the error:  Your Windows user account doesn't have permission to write =
to the=20
  registry.  The program will close.  I went as far as granting full =
control to=20
  the Users group but that made no difference.  Any other suggestions, =
Harry=20
  O'Neill.

  "root" wrote:

  > Fix for ISSUE #1
  >=20
  > 1. While you are logged on to Windows under an administrator =
account, open=20
  > the registry editor. To do this, click Start, click Run, type =
REGEDIT, and=20
  > then click OK.
  >=20
  > 2. Locate and then right-click the following registry subkey:=20
  > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Store Operations POS
  >=20
  > 3. Click Permissions, and then click Advanced.
  >=20
  > 4. Locate or create the permissions entry or entries that apply to =
the=20
  > nonadministrator account or accounts that will run POS in offline =
mode,=20
  > click the entry, and then click Edit.
  >=20
  > 5. Under the Allow column for this user, click to select the Full =
Control=20
  > checkbox.
  >=20
  > 6. In the dialog boxes, click OK to apply the settings.
  >=20
  >=20
  >=20
  > "Harry O''Neill" <HarryONeill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in =
message=20
  > > Hello, I'm working with a new RMS 2.0 install and got 2 issues.
  > > 1. The user account running RMS must have administrator privileges =
in=20
  > > order
  > > to access the product key in the registry; without access to the =
product=20
  > > key
  > > the POS program will not run.  Is there a way around this?
  > > 2. The backup fails when I try to do it from the manager program.  =
Is=20
  > > there
  > > a fix for this?
  > >
  > > "Alex" wrote:
  > >
  > >> There's been a lot of RMS 2.0 talk and complaints. Besides the =
licensing
  > >> issues/dislikes what problems are there? Somebody mentioned =
something=20
  > >> about
  > >> Matrix issues, what exactly does it, or should I say doesn't it, =
do?

  > >> Any feed back would be appreciated since I'm about to upgrade our
  > >> installation to RMS SO 2.0.
  > >>
  > >> Thanks!
  > >>

  > >>=20
  >=20
  >=20

------=_NextPart_000_0052_01C78E4B.44B65580

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Harry,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Sorry, I didn't read root's answer carefully=20
enough.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>You need full control on this registry key=20
also;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Retail =
Management=20
System\Store Operations</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>Jeff <BR>Check Point Software</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
of=20
you are=20
Express.&nbsp;=20
on the=20
right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Harry O''Neill" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:HarryONeill@discussions.microsoft.com">HarryONeill@discuss=
ions.microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:38174CEB-1B83-49E1-8632-C18D27CD3805@microsoft.com">news:381=
74CEB-1B83-49E1-8632-C18D27CD3805@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Hello,=20
  I added the limited account and granted it full control to the Store=20
  <BR>Operations POS subkey but I still get the Microsoft Dynamics RMS =
window=20
  with <BR>the error:&nbsp; Your Windows user account doesn't have =
permission to=20
  write to the <BR>registry.&nbsp; The program will close.&nbsp; I went =
as far=20
  as granting full control to <BR>the Users group but that made no=20
  difference.&nbsp; Any other suggestions, Harry =
<BR>O'Neill.<BR><BR>"root"=20
  wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; Fix for ISSUE #1<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; 1. While you are =
logged=20
  on to Windows under an administrator account, open <BR>&gt; the =
registry=20
  editor. To do this, click Start, click Run, type REGEDIT, and <BR>&gt; =
then=20
  click OK.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; 2. Locate and then right-click the =
following=20
  registry subkey: <BR>&gt; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Store=20
  Operations POS<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; 3. Click Permissions, and then click=20
  Advanced.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; 4. Locate or create the permissions entry =
or=20
  entries that apply to the <BR>&gt; nonadministrator account or =
accounts that=20
  will run POS in offline mode, <BR>&gt; click the entry, and then click =

  Edit.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; 5. Under the Allow column for this user, click =
to=20
  select the Full Control <BR>&gt; checkbox.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; 6. In the =
dialog=20
  boxes, click OK to apply the settings.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;=20
  "Harry O''Neill" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:HarryONeill@discussions.microsoft.com">HarryONeill@discuss=
ions.microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <BR>&gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:B612A544-6A62-44F4-A160-A0F14D0F5834@microsoft.com">news:B61=
2A544-6A62-44F4-A160-A0F14D0F5834@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt; Hello, I'm working with a new RMS 2.0 install and got 2 =
issues.<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt; 1. The user account running RMS must have administrator =
privileges in=20
  <BR>&gt; &gt; order<BR>&gt; &gt; to access the product key in the =
registry;=20
  without access to the product <BR>&gt; &gt; key<BR>&gt; &gt; the POS =
program=20
  will not run.&nbsp; Is there a way around this?<BR>&gt; &gt; 2. The =
backup=20
  fails when I try to do it from the manager program.&nbsp; Is <BR>&gt; =
&gt;=20
  there<BR>&gt; &gt; a fix for this?<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; "Alex"=20
  wrote:<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; There's been a lot of RMS 2.0 =
talk and=20
  complaints. Besides the licensing<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; issues/dislikes =
what=20
  problems are there? Somebody mentioned something <BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;=20
  about<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; Matrix issues, what exactly does it, or should =
I say=20
  doesn't it, do?<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; Any feed back would =
be=20
  appreciated since I'm about to upgrade our<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
installation to=20
  RMS SO 2.0.<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; Thanks!<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0052_01C78E4B.44B65580--

0
cptsoft (1248)
5/4/2007 7:53:52 PM
Please re-post when/if you get this issue fixed!

We have 5 shoe stores and are having MAJOR matrix issues, the one you
described applies to us and another issue is with adding items to a matrix.
When generating a new SKU we have to do it from within the matrix, then are
not presented with the ability to add other specifics about the item (mfg,
etc.) so we basically need to create the item once, then go back to the items
interface and complete the item creation process.  This is a HUGE PAIN.

Previously we could just add the item then modify the matrx dimensions from
the matrix properties window.

Previously we could easily set commissions matrix-wide, now we have to do it
individually.

These issues are bad enough to consider finding a way to downgrade to 1.3!

"root" wrote:

> Hey Alex,
>
> They reproduced a similar problem and are collaborating with development.
> They have given no time frame. Hopefully it will be soon.
>

> "Alex" <Alex@no.com> wrote in message
> > Root,
> >
> > Has this Matrix bug been resolved yet by MS? If not did they give you a
> > timeframe?
> >
> > "root" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> MS has confirmed this.
> >>
> >> "Alex" <Alex@no.com> wrote in message

0
DanielS (7)

cumulative totals #2
I have a worksheet like this: / A / B / C / / 1 / water per day / cumulative water / beginning water / 2 / 21 / 71 / 50 / I want a running sum in column B. In other words, I want cumulativ water to start out at 0 (B2). when I enter 21 in cell A2, I want it t add water per day to the beginnig water (C2)(21+50=71) and display tha number in column B. Then the next day I enter a number in A2, say 15, want B2 to come out to 86 (71 from the previous day plus the 15 fo today). I will be entering a "water per day" everyday and want th running sum displayed in B2. Thanks for your help!! -...

ADC Query? #2
I'm in the middle of a 5.5 to 2003 migration. I created an OU specifically for the ADC to create any new accounts in, and it's pretty much replicated the Exchange container tree for the two sites I'm replicating to/from. Obviously it's created new groups in this tree, as well as disabled mailboxes for our various resource/non-human accounts. Am I free to move these newly created accounts into other OU's? Once this has been done, am I free to delete the OU tree (along with what will be empty OU's) that the ADC has created? The documentation doesn't seem ...

Install CRM 3.0 Problem
Hi All, After I used Impletmentation Guide to install Microsoft CRM 3.0, I got an error, which is An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator, when I opened CRM using http://localhost:5555/loader.aspx. Therefore I cannot do anything on CRM at all. Anyone knows how to fix this error, I'd appreciate it! Note: I also used CRM tracing (see below): <?xml version="1.0" ?> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/19...

Problem with DL receiving external emails
We got Exchange 2K3 SP2 on w2k3 servers and recently we got targeted for spam pointing to DLs. I don't understand how could external get access and find out the DLs. Protecting the DLs is one thing but exchange security is another I am worried about. Does anyone have any info on how can I check where is the leak on the exchange boxes? Thanks. In news:80CB16CF-6EDB-49F0-8708-9B05D22AA0A2@microsoft.com, Speedyturtle <Speedyturtle@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > We got Exchange 2K3 SP2 on w2k3 servers and recently we got targeted > for spam pointing to DLs. I don't ...

How to create a 2 columns and 2 lines graph with non-related value
Hi, I am trying to create a graph with 2 columns and 2 lines. I am able to get the 2 colums ($000 value) and one line easily ($000 value), however the 4th data series is completely out of range (it's a percentage value ranging between 8 and 10%). I can see the line completely flat on the bottom axis but would like to be able to move it up so it kind of "hangs over" the columns. Any ideas that do not involve complexed programming? Thanks, Double click on the line, and on the Axis tab of the Format Series dialog, select Secondary. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Exc...

Queues #2
Hi, Client has 3 seperate queues - one is working ok, the other two are having intermittent problems. All set up with disabled accounts, SELF permissions on mailbox and associated external account. Noted that Exchange is reporting an error on the exchange accounts as follows: Disabled user /o=xxx /ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=xxxx.xxxx does not have a master account SID. Please use Active Directory MMC to set an active account as this user's master account. Not sure what the error message is or what resolves it. Appreciate any help you can provide ...

RMS Turns off
While almost completing a transaction the program closes itself and the desktop secreen is visible. I have two pos machines but it only happens on one. At other times all together it gives a error messages soposuser.exe. Someone please help Alex, having the same problem on 4 terminals running RMS. The problem happens periodically when the user tries to tender a sale. Microsoft support has not been any help on this. Usually an error is generated that can be viewed in the application log. What equipment are you running RMS on? What other peripherals do you have attached? Maybe w...

collection letter #2
I am trying to create collection letters to include all A/R detail. I have managed to include the invoice detail but this does not show any payments, returns or credit memos. Is there a way to include these? We have been using a modified trial balance as a statement to show all activity and have it aged in buckets. This requires an additional cover sheet since there is no easy way to have this report formatted to align in a window envelope. This is a time consuming task. I do not like the statements that are generated using the sales routines since that includes every transaction ...

Word Cells into Excel Cells #2
How does one import a cell formatted Word file *.doc into cells within Excel *.xls. By "cell formatted Word file", do you mean a table? I would simply select table and click copy. Then open excel and paste it where you want it to appear. J "gary" wrote: > How does one import a cell formatted Word file *.doc into > cells within Excel *.xls. > > > jayceejay Wrote: > By "cell formatted Word file", do you mean a table? I would simpl > select > table and click copy. Then open excel and paste it where you want i > to > ap...

hotkeys and keyup #2
Hi I would like to thank everyone for suggestions concerning hotkeys and keyup. What I am using is CE .Net though if there is a solution that also works in regular windows that would be good. I am willing to give most anything a try. What I have is a program that sits in the background and waits for a keystroke to run certain functions. One for keydown and one for keyup. The functions talk to an external device on a serial connection, but the main thing is that I need a method to get those keystrokes no matter what application is on top. The impression that I get is that Hotkey will send the...

Unable to open default folders #2
Mail was working fine until I tried to merge documents using to print labels. Now when I try to open out I get the message: Unable to open default e-mail folders.....do not have access to file xxx/xxx/outlook.pst How can I recover this file. It seems to have vanished. If you're using Windows 2000 or XP, the .PST file may be in a hidden or system folder. When searching for all .PST files, make sure you've enabled searching within hidden and system folders. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the new...

mail enabled public folder #2
I have created a public folder and mail enabled, I have also made sure that anonymous has contributor permission. However, I cannot send emails to this public folder from an external domain. Internal is OK, anyone have any ideas What's the text of the NDR? kevin wells wrote: > I have created a public folder and mail enabled, I have > also made sure that anonymous has contributor permission. > > However, I cannot send emails to this public folder from > an external domain. Internal is OK, > > anyone have any ideas "Default" must also have contri...

Outlook addressbook #2
Hi, I have reinstalled my MS outlook 2003 and after that i tried to import my personal folders data. It worked good until i decided to create a new rule; when i clicked the people or distribution list i received this message: "The address book list could not be displayed. The contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from outlook address book see the Help.". Well i could find anything in help. When i go to my contacts i see them ...

GP 10.0 SmartList Security
Hello: I heard that SmartList Security in 10.0 is "gone". What does that mean? How do you set security to SmartLists, then? Thanks! childofthe1980s On Sep 17, 8:18 pm, childofthe1980s <childofthe19...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello: > > I heard that SmartList Security in 10.0 is "gone". What does that mean? > How do you set security to SmartLists, then? > > Thanks! > > childofthe1980s Smartlist objects are now part of the Role > Task hierarchy. You can assign the objects to tasks and then assign the task to a role. On...

Maximum File Size #2
What is the maximum recommended file size for an Excel workbook? Hi see: http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Lynn" <Lynn@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:EC7732CE-8678-426A-8400-0836D87D80D8@microsoft.com... > What is the maximum recommended file size for an Excel workbook? ...

Updating GP 10.0 to SP2 genericPath error
I am trying to update a GP10.0 installation to the latest and greatest. When I launch the MicrosoftDynamicsGP-KB952789-v10-ENU.msp package, it starts working, then comes up with this error: Specified argument was out of the range if valid values. Parameter name: genericPath. When I click "OK" the install terminates. Any ideas? I am doing a test install and had some problems so I am starting over. When trying to unistall, I am getting the same error message. I have v10 sp3? KB955679. It won't let me uninstall or do a repair install. "Wes VanAlstyne" wrote: >...

Sort parameters #2
Hey all, I have a worksheet that has 12 columns and 50 rows. I want to sort by various columns, do I need to select the entire worksheet so that the information is sorted correctly? Here is an example of my sort first name - last name - age - phone # - address - zip code I want to say "sort by last name" or "sort by age" Thanks! Abe, Select all the used columns in your worksheet, e.g., A:L, then go to the Data menu, choose Sort, and select the column by which you want the data sorted. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consult...

Stencils #2
Anyone know the authorative place for stencils or templates? I have used almost everything in the office update page. Anything else / better? -wp On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 10:04:32 -0500, "Wild Packet" <wp@contoso.com> wrote: >Anyone know the authorative place for stencils or templates? > >I have used almost everything in the office update page. Anything else / >better? http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

sync contacts/calander for 1 user between 2 servers
I have a user who has an account on two exchange 5.5 servers (two different NT domains). This user would like their contacts and calendar sync'd between the two servers (does NOT want email sync'd). The two servers have full IP (no firewall or nat) visibility to each other but otherwise have nothing to do with each other. Anyone have any ideas? ...

Rounding Problem 03-24-10
Access 2003 I'm off by a penny. Debit and Credit rows in the table are currency, 2 decimals. Here's the query: SELECT tblARINH.Custkey, tblARINH.Date AS TransDate, tblARINH.Key AS TransKey, tblARINH.InvNo AS [Number], tblARINH.ChkNo, tblARINH.Desc, tblARINH.Debit, tblARINH.Credit, ====> Round(DSum("Debit","tblARINH","CustKey=" & [CustKey] & "And [Date]<=#" & [Transdate] & "# "),2) AS RunDeposit, ====> IIf(IsNull(DSum("Credit","tblArinh","CustKey=" & [Cus...

Printing #2
A colleague of mine has a problem with Excel files that look fine in print preview but when printed out the left hand side is missing. Margins are set at 1.5cm. Hope someone can help as to why this is happening. Thanks, Sharon ...

Milwaukee 1680-21 13 amp 1/2-inch Super Hawg Joist and Stud Drill
Price:$610.00 Image: http://thediscountdatabase.info/image.php?id=B00006AGPX Best deal: http://thediscountdatabase.info/index.php?id=B00006AGPX To the gentleman who reviewed the 1680-21 and gave it 4 stars for simply arriving at the house and didn't test it;"gee that makes sense" During installation of a waste line section (4") the bi-metal bit jammed on low speed. I now understand why the manual devotes significant time to being careful. Two days and some Ben-Gay does wonders. We could not be happier with our purchase. It was delivered promptly and works better than...

Outlook won't start #2
Error message is "Outlook caused a stack fault in module mapi32or.dll at 017f:012b2f4c. This error message does not produce any response from the Knowledgebase. Anyone know what this is? ...

Sales for Outlook v1.2
I can't get the CRM Sales for Outlook application v1.2 to go into offline mode. Also the detail forms don't render, I get the error form (more information below). Access to the CRM server v1.2 works fine from the web. I am running Windows XP Professional on the client and Office 2000 SP3 with the hotfixes applied. On the server I have CRM v1.2, SQL Server 2000 and Exchange 2000 installed on the same system that is a child DC (native mode) of a parent DC running in Mixed- Mode (mscrm.ardexus.com). I am aware that installing everything on the same machine/DC is not officially s...

Problems with attachments #2
I have not been able to send attachments from Outlook that originate with my machine (I have win ME on a Dell laptop). Also, some people will get the attachment, but it will be changed from .doc to .dat, etc. However, I can forward attachments sent to me and the recipients will get them. Please help! Thanks. Make sure you use HTML or Plain Text format when sending messages to users of any other e-mail client besides Outlook. Don't use Rich Text format, which is proprietary to Outlook and will cause problems for other recipients, one of which is that they won't get your attac...