RMS 2.0 Manual

I have a general question. I remember over year ago when we were buying RMS
license we were receivig license+box with manual, user guide  and Instalation
CD. From some time whenever we order new license there is A2 cartboard
"envelope" comming which have another A3 soft envelope in it and eventually
this one ontains 10cm x 10cm RMS license sheet.
Can someoe tell me is it just us or everybody have it this way.

Before after we did training for customer he had Manual/User Guide to look
back into if he forgot about something, I know that this manual is exact
printout of the Helpfile, but it's nice if you can leave something to
customer after you finished.

Regards

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Jul 9, 12:54=A0pm, Mirek/ Slowey Systems - Ireland
<MirekSloweySystemsIrel...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have a general question. I remember over year ago when we were buying R=
MS
> license we were receivig license+box with manual, user guide =A0and Insta=
lation
> CD. From some time whenever we order new license there is A2 cartboard
> "envelope" comming which have another A3 soft envelope in it and eventual=
ly
> this one ontains 10cm x 10cm RMS license sheet.
> Can someoe tell me is it just us or everybody have it this way.
>
> Before after we did training for customer he had Manual/User Guide to loo=
> back into if he forgot about something, I know that this manual is exact
> printout of the Helpfile, but it's nice if you can leave something to
> customer after you finished.
>
> Regards

Hi Mirek
Yes we now only receive the envelopes as you have described. I also
believe Microsoft are no longer providing the user manuls either.

Kind regards
Martin
Emporio UK Ltd
0
Martin
7/9/2010 1:09:05 PM
You can download the User manual from CustomerSource for RMS 2.0

Marc

On 7/9/2010 7:54 AM, Mirek/ Slowey Systems - Ireland wrote:
> I have a general question. I remember over year ago when we were buying RMS
> license we were receivig license+box with manual, user guide  and Instalation
> CD. From some time whenever we order new license there is A2 cartboard
> "envelope" comming which have another A3 soft envelope in it and eventually
> this one ontains 10cm x 10cm RMS license sheet.
> Can someoe tell me is it just us or everybody have it this way.
>
> Before after we did training for customer he had Manual/User Guide to look
> back into if he forgot about something, I know that this manual is exact
> printout of the Helpfile, but it's nice if you can leave something to
> customer after you finished.
>
> Regards

0
MarcR
7/9/2010 7:34:25 PM
You can download the User manual from CustomerSource for RMS 2.0

Marc

On 7/9/2010 7:54 AM, Mirek/ Slowey Systems - Ireland wrote:
> I have a general question. I remember over year ago when we were buying RMS
> license we were receivig license+box with manual, user guide  and Instalation
> CD. From some time whenever we order new license there is A2 cartboard
> "envelope" comming which have another A3 soft envelope in it and eventually
> this one ontains 10cm x 10cm RMS license sheet.
> Can someoe tell me is it just us or everybody have it this way.
>
> Before after we did training for customer he had Manual/User Guide to look
> back into if he forgot about something, I know that this manual is exact
> printout of the Helpfile, but it's nice if you can leave something to
> customer after you finished.
>
> Regards

0
MarcR

cumulative totals #2
I have a worksheet like this: / A / B / C / / 1 / water per day / cumulative water / beginning water / 2 / 21 / 71 / 50 / I want a running sum in column B. In other words, I want cumulativ water to start out at 0 (B2). when I enter 21 in cell A2, I want it t add water per day to the beginnig water (C2)(21+50=71) and display tha number in column B. Then the next day I enter a number in A2, say 15, want B2 to come out to 86 (71 from the previous day plus the 15 fo today). I will be entering a "water per day" everyday and want th running sum displayed in B2. Thanks for your help!! -...

ADC Query? #2
I'm in the middle of a 5.5 to 2003 migration. I created an OU specifically for the ADC to create any new accounts in, and it's pretty much replicated the Exchange container tree for the two sites I'm replicating to/from. Obviously it's created new groups in this tree, as well as disabled mailboxes for our various resource/non-human accounts. Am I free to move these newly created accounts into other OU's? Once this has been done, am I free to delete the OU tree (along with what will be empty OU's) that the ADC has created? The documentation doesn't seem ...

Install CRM 3.0 Problem
Hi All, After I used Impletmentation Guide to install Microsoft CRM 3.0, I got an error, which is An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator, when I opened CRM using http://localhost:5555/loader.aspx. Therefore I cannot do anything on CRM at all. Anyone knows how to fix this error, I'd appreciate it! Note: I also used CRM tracing (see below): <?xml version="1.0" ?> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/19...

How to create a 2 columns and 2 lines graph with non-related value
Hi, I am trying to create a graph with 2 columns and 2 lines. I am able to get the 2 colums ($000 value) and one line easily ($000 value), however the 4th data series is completely out of range (it's a percentage value ranging between 8 and 10%). I can see the line completely flat on the bottom axis but would like to be able to move it up so it kind of "hangs over" the columns. Any ideas that do not involve complexed programming? Thanks, Double click on the line, and on the Axis tab of the Format Series dialog, select Secondary. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Exc...

Queues #2
Hi, Client has 3 seperate queues - one is working ok, the other two are having intermittent problems. All set up with disabled accounts, SELF permissions on mailbox and associated external account. Noted that Exchange is reporting an error on the exchange accounts as follows: Disabled user /o=xxx /ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=xxxx.xxxx does not have a master account SID. Please use Active Directory MMC to set an active account as this user's master account. Not sure what the error message is or what resolves it. Appreciate any help you can provide ...

RMS Turns off
While almost completing a transaction the program closes itself and the desktop secreen is visible. I have two pos machines but it only happens on one. At other times all together it gives a error messages soposuser.exe. Someone please help Alex, having the same problem on 4 terminals running RMS. The problem happens periodically when the user tries to tender a sale. Microsoft support has not been any help on this. Usually an error is generated that can be viewed in the application log. What equipment are you running RMS on? What other peripherals do you have attached? Maybe w...

collection letter #2
I am trying to create collection letters to include all A/R detail. I have managed to include the invoice detail but this does not show any payments, returns or credit memos. Is there a way to include these? We have been using a modified trial balance as a statement to show all activity and have it aged in buckets. This requires an additional cover sheet since there is no easy way to have this report formatted to align in a window envelope. This is a time consuming task. I do not like the statements that are generated using the sales routines since that includes every transaction ...

Word Cells into Excel Cells #2
How does one import a cell formatted Word file *.doc into cells within Excel *.xls. By "cell formatted Word file", do you mean a table? I would simply select table and click copy. Then open excel and paste it where you want it to appear. J "gary" wrote: > How does one import a cell formatted Word file *.doc into > cells within Excel *.xls. > > > jayceejay Wrote: > By "cell formatted Word file", do you mean a table? I would simpl > select > table and click copy. Then open excel and paste it where you want i > to > ap...

hotkeys and keyup #2
Hi I would like to thank everyone for suggestions concerning hotkeys and keyup. What I am using is CE .Net though if there is a solution that also works in regular windows that would be good. I am willing to give most anything a try. What I have is a program that sits in the background and waits for a keystroke to run certain functions. One for keydown and one for keyup. The functions talk to an external device on a serial connection, but the main thing is that I need a method to get those keystrokes no matter what application is on top. The impression that I get is that Hotkey will send the...

Unable to open default folders #2
Mail was working fine until I tried to merge documents using to print labels. Now when I try to open out I get the message: Unable to open default e-mail folders.....do not have access to file xxx/xxx/outlook.pst How can I recover this file. It seems to have vanished. If you're using Windows 2000 or XP, the .PST file may be in a hidden or system folder. When searching for all .PST files, make sure you've enabled searching within hidden and system folders. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the new...

mail enabled public folder #2
I have created a public folder and mail enabled, I have also made sure that anonymous has contributor permission. However, I cannot send emails to this public folder from an external domain. Internal is OK, anyone have any ideas What's the text of the NDR? kevin wells wrote: > I have created a public folder and mail enabled, I have > also made sure that anonymous has contributor permission. > > However, I cannot send emails to this public folder from > an external domain. Internal is OK, > > anyone have any ideas "Default" must also have contri...

Outlook addressbook #2
Hi, I have reinstalled my MS outlook 2003 and after that i tried to import my personal folders data. It worked good until i decided to create a new rule; when i clicked the people or distribution list i received this message: "The address book list could not be displayed. The contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from outlook address book see the Help.". Well i could find anything in help. When i go to my contacts i see them ...

GP 10.0 SmartList Security
Hello: I heard that SmartList Security in 10.0 is "gone". What does that mean? How do you set security to SmartLists, then? Thanks! childofthe1980s On Sep 17, 8:18 pm, childofthe1980s <childofthe19...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello: > > I heard that SmartList Security in 10.0 is "gone". What does that mean? > How do you set security to SmartLists, then? > > Thanks! > > childofthe1980s Smartlist objects are now part of the Role > Task hierarchy. You can assign the objects to tasks and then assign the task to a role. On...

Maximum File Size #2
What is the maximum recommended file size for an Excel workbook? Hi see: http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Lynn" <Lynn@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:EC7732CE-8678-426A-8400-0836D87D80D8@microsoft.com... > What is the maximum recommended file size for an Excel workbook? ...

Updating GP 10.0 to SP2 genericPath error
I am trying to update a GP10.0 installation to the latest and greatest. When I launch the MicrosoftDynamicsGP-KB952789-v10-ENU.msp package, it starts working, then comes up with this error: Specified argument was out of the range if valid values. Parameter name: genericPath. When I click "OK" the install terminates. Any ideas? I am doing a test install and had some problems so I am starting over. When trying to unistall, I am getting the same error message. I have v10 sp3? KB955679. It won't let me uninstall or do a repair install. "Wes VanAlstyne" wrote: >...

Sort parameters #2
Hey all, I have a worksheet that has 12 columns and 50 rows. I want to sort by various columns, do I need to select the entire worksheet so that the information is sorted correctly? Here is an example of my sort first name - last name - age - phone # - address - zip code I want to say "sort by last name" or "sort by age" Thanks! Abe, Select all the used columns in your worksheet, e.g., A:L, then go to the Data menu, choose Sort, and select the column by which you want the data sorted. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consult...

Stencils #2
Anyone know the authorative place for stencils or templates? I have used almost everything in the office update page. Anything else / better? -wp On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 10:04:32 -0500, "Wild Packet" <wp@contoso.com> wrote: >Anyone know the authorative place for stencils or templates? > >I have used almost everything in the office update page. Anything else / >better? http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

sync contacts/calander for 1 user between 2 servers
I have a user who has an account on two exchange 5.5 servers (two different NT domains). This user would like their contacts and calendar sync'd between the two servers (does NOT want email sync'd). The two servers have full IP (no firewall or nat) visibility to each other but otherwise have nothing to do with each other. Anyone have any ideas? ...

Printing #2
A colleague of mine has a problem with Excel files that look fine in print preview but when printed out the left hand side is missing. Margins are set at 1.5cm. Hope someone can help as to why this is happening. Thanks, Sharon ...

Milwaukee 1680-21 13 amp 1/2-inch Super Hawg Joist and Stud Drill
Price:$610.00 Image: http://thediscountdatabase.info/image.php?id=B00006AGPX Best deal: http://thediscountdatabase.info/index.php?id=B00006AGPX To the gentleman who reviewed the 1680-21 and gave it 4 stars for simply arriving at the house and didn't test it;"gee that makes sense" During installation of a waste line section (4") the bi-metal bit jammed on low speed. I now understand why the manual devotes significant time to being careful. Two days and some Ben-Gay does wonders. We could not be happier with our purchase. It was delivered promptly and works better than...

Outlook won't start #2
Error message is "Outlook caused a stack fault in module mapi32or.dll at 017f:012b2f4c. This error message does not produce any response from the Knowledgebase. Anyone know what this is? ...

Sales for Outlook v1.2
I can't get the CRM Sales for Outlook application v1.2 to go into offline mode. Also the detail forms don't render, I get the error form (more information below). Access to the CRM server v1.2 works fine from the web. I am running Windows XP Professional on the client and Office 2000 SP3 with the hotfixes applied. On the server I have CRM v1.2, SQL Server 2000 and Exchange 2000 installed on the same system that is a child DC (native mode) of a parent DC running in Mixed- Mode (mscrm.ardexus.com). I am aware that installing everything on the same machine/DC is not officially s...

Problems with attachments #2
I have not been able to send attachments from Outlook that originate with my machine (I have win ME on a Dell laptop). Also, some people will get the attachment, but it will be changed from .doc to .dat, etc. However, I can forward attachments sent to me and the recipients will get them. Please help! Thanks. Make sure you use HTML or Plain Text format when sending messages to users of any other e-mail client besides Outlook. Don't use Rich Text format, which is proprietary to Outlook and will cause problems for other recipients, one of which is that they won't get your attac...

Trying to update data in RMS with a web interface
My project is much more complicated, but I am hoping someone can give me some generic tips and/or code to assist me. I want to update a field in RMS with some data the cashier inputs on an HTML form. For example, if a cashier selects a customer using F7, I want them to press a custom button that brings up an HTML window. That html file will have a form where the cashier will enter some text in a textbox. When the cashier presses Submit, the text in the textbox will be written to the Customer.CustomText1 field. The two major issues are 1) how to pass the Customer.ID to the HTML window ...

Any Liquor store RMS Users
Are there any Liquor store using RMS ? Is anyone willing to share some of their best practices, some ways they do things. Is there anything as "best practices' booklet for Liquor store using RMS, Few questions i have How is your inventory kept? Is everything by case based on supplier item numbers and than having a parent/child relationship to single item (bottle, 6 pack , etc) Or is it better to keep inventory by bottle with fast moving items having parent/child relationship How do you cover the need for extra fields needed Size Price per ounce Type, Proof Verital(types ...