rms 1.2 vs 2.0

I have a 2 stores plus HQ and web integrator and mobile suite.  I am
considering upgrading to 2.0.  A couple of questions:
1. It is it an upgrade that can be done with only phone support (i've done
all my own installs QS2K, upgrade to RMS etc.) and is it something that
should wait until after the holidays?
2. Are there significant changes between these versions (besides the
different dbase)?
3. I need to be able to edit customer info at each store - I'm considering
buying the customer edit add-ons - will I need to still buy this or does 2.0
allow editing customers at the store level?  If I buys these add-ons will
they still work after upgradinging?
thanks
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

All good questions.
1. The upgrade is really strait-forward.  If you upgraded from quick sell,
the upgrade to RMS is really easy.  Basically just follow the prompts.
Could it wait until after the holidays?  Certainly.  If you are not having
any problems now, then I would probably wait.
2. There are significant changes if you are dealing with matrices, yes.  If
not there are just some nice new features.
3. This is still not a feature of RMS in an HQ environment.  3rd party
utilities are the only way to accomplish this.

Hope this helps.

--
Thank you,

Ryan Sakry
Program Manager
Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE)
rsakry@rite.us
http://www.rite.us
320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office)
320-230-1796 (Fax)
"Hobby Central" <HobbyCentral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a 2 stores plus HQ and web integrator and mobile suite.  I am
> considering upgrading to 2.0.  A couple of questions:
> 1. It is it an upgrade that can be done with only phone support (i've done
> all my own installs QS2K, upgrade to RMS etc.) and is it something that
> should wait until after the holidays?
> 2. Are there significant changes between these versions (besides the
> different dbase)?
> 3. I need to be able to edit customer info at each store - I'm considering
> buying the customer edit add-ons - will I need to still buy this or does
> 2.0
> allow editing customers at the store level?  If I buys these add-ons will
> they still work after upgradinging?
> thanks

0
rsakry (322)
11/8/2007 9:21:11 PM
Would agree with everything Ryan said.
Did an upgrade for a customer a couple of weeks ago from 1.2 to 2.0 and they
had 5 stores, was all very simple and no real problems.

One thing you do need to be aware of though is that if you buy add-ons for
1.2 chances are you will have to pay to upgrade them as they won't work for
2.0

Just make sure you check before you buy.

"Ryan @ RITE" wrote:

> All good questions.
> 1. The upgrade is really strait-forward.  If you upgraded from quick sell,
> the upgrade to RMS is really easy.  Basically just follow the prompts.
> Could it wait until after the holidays?  Certainly.  If you are not having
> any problems now, then I would probably wait.
> 2. There are significant changes if you are dealing with matrices, yes.  If
> not there are just some nice new features.
> 3. This is still not a feature of RMS in an HQ environment.  3rd party
> utilities are the only way to accomplish this.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> --
> Thank you,
>
> Ryan Sakry
> Program Manager
> Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE)
> rsakry@rite.us
> http://www.rite.us
> 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office)
> 320-230-1796 (Fax)
> "Hobby Central" <HobbyCentral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a 2 stores plus HQ and web integrator and mobile suite.  I am
> > considering upgrading to 2.0.  A couple of questions:
> > 1. It is it an upgrade that can be done with only phone support (i've done
> > all my own installs QS2K, upgrade to RMS etc.) and is it something that
> > should wait until after the holidays?
> > 2. Are there significant changes between these versions (besides the
> > different dbase)?
> > 3. I need to be able to edit customer info at each store - I'm considering
> > buying the customer edit add-ons - will I need to still buy this or does
> > 2.0
> > allow editing customers at the store level?  If I buys these add-ons will
> > they still work after upgradinging?
> > thanks

0
gaz1 (118)
11/8/2007 9:53:01 PM
Thankyou that answers my questions.

"Gaz" wrote:

> Would agree with everything Ryan said.
> Did an upgrade for a customer a couple of weeks ago from 1.2 to 2.0 and they
> had 5 stores, was all very simple and no real problems.
>
> One thing you do need to be aware of though is that if you buy add-ons for
> 1.2 chances are you will have to pay to upgrade them as they won't work for
> 2.0
>
> Just make sure you check before you buy.
>
> "Ryan @ RITE" wrote:
>
> > All good questions.
> > 1. The upgrade is really strait-forward.  If you upgraded from quick sell,
> > the upgrade to RMS is really easy.  Basically just follow the prompts.
> > Could it wait until after the holidays?  Certainly.  If you are not having
> > any problems now, then I would probably wait.
> > 2. There are significant changes if you are dealing with matrices, yes.  If
> > not there are just some nice new features.
> > 3. This is still not a feature of RMS in an HQ environment.  3rd party
> > utilities are the only way to accomplish this.
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > --
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Ryan Sakry
> > Program Manager
> > Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE)
> > rsakry@rite.us
> > http://www.rite.us
> > 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office)
> > 320-230-1796 (Fax)
> > "Hobby Central" <HobbyCentral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have a 2 stores plus HQ and web integrator and mobile suite.  I am
> > > considering upgrading to 2.0.  A couple of questions:
> > > 1. It is it an upgrade that can be done with only phone support (i've done
> > > all my own installs QS2K, upgrade to RMS etc.) and is it something that
> > > should wait until after the holidays?
> > > 2. Are there significant changes between these versions (besides the
> > > different dbase)?
> > > 3. I need to be able to edit customer info at each store - I'm considering
> > > buying the customer edit add-ons - will I need to still buy this or does
> > > 2.0
> > > allow editing customers at the store level?  If I buys these add-ons will
> > > they still work after upgradinging?
> > > thanks

The only other suggestion I would have is make sure Windows updates are done
on all computers, if you do not have internet access at some of your stores
then there are some issues with installing 2.0 without XP SP2 being
installed.

> Thankyou that answers my questions.
>
> "Gaz" wrote:
>
>> Would agree with everything Ryan said.
>> Did an upgrade for a customer a couple of weeks ago from 1.2 to 2.0 and
>> they
>> had 5 stores, was all very simple and no real problems.
>>
>> One thing you do need to be aware of though is that if you buy add-ons
>> for
>> 1.2 chances are you will have to pay to upgrade them as they won't work
>> for
>> 2.0
>>
>> Just make sure you check before you buy.
>>
>> "Ryan @ RITE" wrote:
>>
>> > All good questions.
>> > 1. The upgrade is really strait-forward.  If you upgraded from quick
>> > sell,
>> > the upgrade to RMS is really easy.  Basically just follow the prompts.
>> > Could it wait until after the holidays?  Certainly.  If you are not
>> > having
>> > any problems now, then I would probably wait.
>> > 2. There are significant changes if you are dealing with matrices, yes.
>> > If
>> > not there are just some nice new features.
>> > 3. This is still not a feature of RMS in an HQ environment.  3rd party
>> > utilities are the only way to accomplish this.
>> >
>> > Hope this helps.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Thank you,
>> >
>> > Ryan Sakry
>> > Program Manager
>> > Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE)
>> > rsakry@rite.us
>> > http://www.rite.us
>> > 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office)
>> > 320-230-1796 (Fax)
>> > "Hobby Central" <HobbyCentral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> > message

0
joshua5409 (14)

Trying to update data in RMS with a web interface
My project is much more complicated, but I am hoping someone can give me some generic tips and/or code to assist me. I want to update a field in RMS with some data the cashier inputs on an HTML form. For example, if a cashier selects a customer using F7, I want them to press a custom button that brings up an HTML window. That html file will have a form where the cashier will enter some text in a textbox. When the cashier presses Submit, the text in the textbox will be written to the Customer.CustomText1 field. The two major issues are 1) how to pass the Customer.ID to the HTML window ...

SBS vs Standard
Hi all! All of my experience with Exchange has been with the "Full/Standard" versions of Exchange & Server. Now, I'm thinking of filling a small clients needs with an SBS setup (cheaper), but I'm a little hazy on the differences. They have about 30 users, and will want to use OWA. Anything special I need to be aware of with the SBS versions? Thanks! Mark The only thing you need be aware of is that SBS Exchange must reside on the SBS Server, you CANNOT install it on another server in the SBS Domain. Other than that it runs the same as Standard Version of Excha...

Problems with attachments #2
I have not been able to send attachments from Outlook that originate with my machine (I have win ME on a Dell laptop). Also, some people will get the attachment, but it will be changed from .doc to .dat, etc. However, I can forward attachments sent to me and the recipients will get them. Please help! Thanks. Make sure you use HTML or Plain Text format when sending messages to users of any other e-mail client besides Outlook. Don't use Rich Text format, which is proprietary to Outlook and will cause problems for other recipients, one of which is that they won't get your attac...

CRM 1.2 Reporting Tools Hell
Hi We have installed Crystal Reports 9.2.2 on CRM 1.2. We worked fine for a couple of reports but then we received a memory instruction error. We checked many similar problems posted on Google and opther sites and it seems there is no solution As CRM 3.0 will use SQL Reporting Tools we decided to start using this tool with CRM 1.2. We Installed SQL Reporting Services as an alternative, but when the IIS web directory is activated CRM is giving an error. When we stop the SQL Web site CRM works fine This is frustrating ... Please advise -- Microsoft Navision Developer / Consultant Di...

collection letter #2
I am trying to create collection letters to include all A/R detail. I have managed to include the invoice detail but this does not show any payments, returns or credit memos. Is there a way to include these? We have been using a modified trial balance as a statement to show all activity and have it aged in buckets. This requires an additional cover sheet since there is no easy way to have this report formatted to align in a window envelope. This is a time consuming task. I do not like the statements that are generated using the sales routines since that includes every transaction ...

Word Cells into Excel Cells #2
How does one import a cell formatted Word file *.doc into cells within Excel *.xls. By "cell formatted Word file", do you mean a table? I would simply select table and click copy. Then open excel and paste it where you want it to appear. J "gary" wrote: > How does one import a cell formatted Word file *.doc into > cells within Excel *.xls. > > > jayceejay Wrote: > By "cell formatted Word file", do you mean a table? I would simpl > select > table and click copy. Then open excel and paste it where you want i > to > ap...

hotkeys and keyup #2
Hi I would like to thank everyone for suggestions concerning hotkeys and keyup. What I am using is CE .Net though if there is a solution that also works in regular windows that would be good. I am willing to give most anything a try. What I have is a program that sits in the background and waits for a keystroke to run certain functions. One for keydown and one for keyup. The functions talk to an external device on a serial connection, but the main thing is that I need a method to get those keystrokes no matter what application is on top. The impression that I get is that Hotkey will send the...

Unable to open default folders #2
Mail was working fine until I tried to merge documents using to print labels. Now when I try to open out I get the message: Unable to open default e-mail folders.....do not have access to file xxx/xxx/outlook.pst How can I recover this file. It seems to have vanished. If you're using Windows 2000 or XP, the .PST file may be in a hidden or system folder. When searching for all .PST files, make sure you've enabled searching within hidden and system folders. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the new...

mail enabled public folder #2
I have created a public folder and mail enabled, I have also made sure that anonymous has contributor permission. However, I cannot send emails to this public folder from an external domain. Internal is OK, anyone have any ideas What's the text of the NDR? kevin wells wrote: > I have created a public folder and mail enabled, I have > also made sure that anonymous has contributor permission. > > However, I cannot send emails to this public folder from > an external domain. Internal is OK, > > anyone have any ideas "Default" must also have contri...

RMS Turns off
While almost completing a transaction the program closes itself and the desktop secreen is visible. I have two pos machines but it only happens on one. At other times all together it gives a error messages soposuser.exe. Someone please help Alex, having the same problem on 4 terminals running RMS. The problem happens periodically when the user tries to tender a sale. Microsoft support has not been any help on this. Usually an error is generated that can be viewed in the application log. What equipment are you running RMS on? What other peripherals do you have attached? Maybe w...

CRM 1.2 How to get queue to e-mail CRMEnabled users
We are running Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition and a Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition MS Exchange server. Can not get the CRM Queue to e-mail other users. E-mails come fine to support queue, but not to us. What do we have to do to configure the mail server properly, the CRM Router is in place on mail server, but there is something else missing. Any help would be great full thanks!!! alfuller@mobilewires.com ...

Barra de Publicidade que =?ISO-8859-1?Q?d=E1?= dinheiritos !!! #2
Se queres ganhar uns Euritos s� tens de instalar esta barra de publicidade, que podes at� minimizar ou fechar em caso de utilizar programas de ecr� completo. N�o incomoda nada, nem consome recursos. Apenas d� dinheiro, �ptima para quando deixas o comptdor a sacar a noite toda... Recebes o dinheiro na tua conta PayPal. http://www.eurobarre.com/index_fr.php?p=373093897695 100% seguro by CrashOverride If you want to earn money just by sitting in front of your PC, just install this Bar that shows some publicity now and then. 100% safe, no malicious ware. http://www.eurobarre.com...

event id 9360 #2
Hello, I am getting the error in my eventlog Event ID: 9360 OALGen encountered an error while generating the changes.oab file for version 2 and 3 differential downloads of address list '\Global Address List'. The offline address list has not been updated so clients will not be able to download the current set of changes. Check other logged events to find the cause of this error. If the cause of the problem was intentional or cannot be resolved, OALGen can be forced to post a full offline address list by creating the DWORD registry key 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentCo...

RMS SO POS Bug ?
Hi, I use the standard EAN13 weight-code (that like with 20...). When Item with this code have a sale price, the POS do not show the real quantity (price of scale/standard price)*sale price = new quantity for pos. Do You have a solution? Thank you Antonio ...

Office 10.1.4 Update
I've downloaded 10.1.4 update several times in both formats, but I keep getting "error prevented update from completing." No apps are open and I already updated to 10.1.3. I have a G4 Dual 1.4 GHz, 2GB mem, OS 10.2.6. Can someone please help out here. From what I understand, this update will help integrate Entourage with Microsoft Exchange Server? Currently we are having to use Outlook for Exchange, but that only runs in Classic OS 9, which is causing many problems. I'm trying to convert to Entourage. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If any links are being supplied ...

xslt 2.0 support in .net 3.5
I just started working with .net 3.5 using Visual C# 2008 Express Edition. I tried to run XslCompiledTransform.Transform with a style sheet that uses the xsl:sequence instruction, like so: <xsl:sequence select="$Vvar21_price_double"/> The Transform method throws an exception with the message 'Select is not a recognized extension element' Am I correct in assuming that XslCompiledTransform does not support xslt 2.0 in .net 3.5? <rakel@fc.hp.com> wrote in message news:4cdfa3f0-0368-4f03-8c53-4b498d1b04b3@l39g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > I just started workin...

Stopping chart line where 1 of 2 columns of data in calculation is blank
I have a chart where there are two columns of data used to create a number in a third column. I have tried to use both #N/A, NA() and "" to stop the resulting chart line when one of the 2 columns is blank but have had no success. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Roger is there not a provision in tools-opiton-chart plot empty cells - not plotted Roger B. <rb10@canada.com> wrote in message news:uVTrncciFHA.320@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I have a chart where there are two columns of data used to create a number > in a third column. I have tried to use...

Any Liquor store RMS Users
Are there any Liquor store using RMS ? Is anyone willing to share some of their best practices, some ways they do things. Is there anything as "best practices' booklet for Liquor store using RMS, Few questions i have How is your inventory kept? Is everything by case based on supplier item numbers and than having a parent/child relationship to single item (bottle, 6 pack , etc) Or is it better to keep inventory by bottle with fast moving items having parent/child relationship How do you cover the need for extra fields needed Size Price per ounce Type, Proof Verital(types ...

How? #2
I want to format a cell to show a Upper case X just by clicking on it. Hi this would require VBA (using the Selectionchange event for example). See: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/events.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Lee and Rebecca" <LeeandRebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ED511CBB-3AF1-4AF9-B5EB-0353B6204E46@microsoft.com... > I want to format a cell to show a Upper case X just by clicking on it. Can you help me with this? I don't understand what to do from that web site. "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > th...

Side-by-side installation of Visio 2003 and VEA that came with VS 1.0 Enterprise
Please let me know if installation of both Visio 2003 and VEA that came with VS 1.0 Enterprise on the same machine is officially supported. I can't speak for M$, but they respond that it does work (although a pain in the butt to reboot when you need to move from one to the other, also since the VEA version is really v2002 understand the VEA version may not read the v2003 files). Al "TomTom" <no_spam@nospamfordiscussion.com> wrote in message news:OZTSpD2ZEHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Please let me know if installation of both Visio 2003 and VEA that came >...

RMS 2.0 and PC Charge
Is anyone using PC Charge Pro with RMS 2.0? I haven't been able to get any answers from Verifone as to certification with RMS 2.0. Does PC Charge Pro support the AVS function in RMS or does it do it itself? I'm changing Merchants and the new one requires using PC Charge Pro. Thanks, TomT Funny thing... I have basically the same question. Our MS VAR told me to check with PCCharge (Verifone) . VeriFone told me "They (MS RMS) test their versions with our software and keep a list of which is compatible. If you are using the newer version of RMS then I would say 5.7.1I SP...

threads #2
I have a server/client application that communicates using threads. The server class uses a while loop inside a thread to wait for new connections in accept state, like this: var a = new var( ); while( (server.Accept(connection)) ) { ...... ...... } I have declared a variable (var) right before this loop which uses memory. I want to free/delete this variable at the end of the while loop, but the control never reaches there. How can I make sure that this variable gets deleted before the server side exits? Thanks. Jessica Jessica Weiner wrote: > I have a server/client applicatio...

vlookup with 2 columns?
Hello, I am doing a VLOOKUP which is working nicely, but I had this idea where the user could specify in the sheet data from 1 column and then data from another column and where you have both in the row I would get other data in the row. Is there anyway of doing that? E.g. if the data was like I have laid out below and the user specified A1 and X2 I could get at the data 20 or 21 but I wouldn't want the row before that. A1 X1 10 11 A1 X2 20 21 B1 Y1 11 22 B2 Y2 22 33 Thanks. Bn If the data to return is numeric as is demonstrated in your sample *and* the combination of A1+X2 is un...

MS Outlook worked for 3 yrs 11 mos... then 550 5.7.1 ERROR. Fix??
MS Outlook 2003 Pro worked for 3 yrs 11 mos... then yesterday, 01/08/2010: 550 5.7.1 <e-mail address>... Relaying denied. Proper authentication required. As a result, I cannot send e-mail to anyone. My newer computer's OS is Windows XP Pro. Also, the SAME error occurred on my older computer (also MS Outlook 2003 Pro) when I booted it up to send e-mail, also under Outlook 2003 Pro. My older computer's OS is Windows 2000 Pro. The two computers are NOT connected. I haven't changed anything on either computer. The last successful 2003 Outlook update was mo...

Excel 5.0 #2
I need some help. I have been a faithful user of version 5.0 and I missed my opportunity to upgrade easily. Is there anyone who would be willing to part with an intermediate version so I can make the jump. I understand I need at least an Excel 97. I believe 97 can convert 5.0 and 03 can convert 97. Hi Exc�l 97 - Excel 2003 all have the same file format 8and all can read Excel 5.0 files). So just check ebay and get on of the newer versions (Excel 2000 / Excel 2002) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Tim in Idaho" <Tim in Idaho@discussions.microsoft.com> schri...