Reusing SBMnn Numbers and Locating SBM files

I have added and deleted various companies in SBM.
Each add uses the next SBM number.
When I delete a company that number is removed.
Is there a way to recover and re-use a number?

Is it possible to have different SBM companies on different drives?

Fred
0
Fred1060 (110)
9/3/2004 9:49:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Fred,

Next newsgroup down.  This is the M$ Retail Management Point of Sale group.

--
*
"Fred" <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I have added and deleted various companies in SBM.
Each add uses the next SBM number.
When I delete a company that number is removed.
Is there a way to recover and re-use a number?

Is it possible to have different SBM companies on different drives?

Fred

0
spam3944 (2163)

Batch loading Timesheets data from Excel files to EPM
Dear all, I had a request from one of our clients' regarding the batch loading of Timesheet Data from Excel files to EPM. I investigated the request and my conclusion is that this can be done using SQL Integration Services (via a DTS). My questions are the following: 1. Is it enough to batch load data on the following tables (of Published database) ? MSP_TIMESHEET_ACTUALS MSP_TIMESHEET_LINES MSP_TIMESHEETS 2. How can I batch create the UID (identifiers)? Is there a specific Stored Procedure for that? I'll appreciate any answer on that. Best regards, Kons...

outline won't number after hitting return
I've set up the document per Shauna Kelly's instructions, but can't figure out why it won't continue to number the outline. It'll give me Heading 1, but when I hit return it goes back to "normal". What in the world am I doing wrong? You would need to modify the Heading 1 style so that it is followed by Heading 1 style (though that is not what would normally be wanted as a heading is normally followed by some text. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a pai...

P.O. Order Number
Hi all - I'm wondering which table and column in the database holds the "Order No." on the purchase order? I just received a large quantiy of Order No. from a major supplier and I'd like to use an update statement to update the item table with the order number for several hundred UPS/Itemlookup numbers. If anyone can point me the direction of the table/column for the "order no." I'd really appreciate that. Thanks Jerry This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0052_01C79548.70D09410 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859...

Number of fiscal years in history
Assuming server space is not an issue, is there a limit on how many years you can keep in history? Robin, There is no limit on historical years or open years in GP - you can have an many as you need. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Robin P" <RobinP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18E32FF6-C89D-46AB-BAF2-7675EA4660CB@microsoft.com... > Assuming server space is not an issue, is there a limit on how many years > you can keep in history? ...

auto assign lot number /serial number in inventory transaction
auto assign lot number /serial number in inventory transaction like in Sales order processing ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=63d06705-21f8-45b3-a2e9-a64c2b...

Changing file in all upper case to upper and lower case
I have a file of names and addresses that were entered in all upper case. Is there a fast way to change this file into upper and lower case? Thanks for any help you can give me. -- S Jan http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Sagit" <Sagit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99B059C4-F5D8-4DD4-BABC-A16AFA3AA6D1@microsoft.com... >I have a file of names and addresses that were entered in all upper case. >Is > there a fast way to change this file into upper and lower case? Thanks &g...

How to reuse a form?
Hi all, There are many forms needed and each one only has buttons, labels and captions on it. Here is my design idea. I would like design one form and reuse it with a different set of buttons, labels and captions.All these infos can be retrieved from a table when a form is being built. Could you give me some hints or your ideas how to do it Clara thank you so much for your help Clara, One suggestion would be to use a tab control on a form. Have each tab control to hold each set of labels and controls with their captions. Then when you are ready to use the form, hide the tabs altog...

Format the x axis of a pivot chart, no number tab???
My x axis has dates like 08/31/07. I want to change the formatting to Aug-07. For some reason when I format the X axis I can't see the "Number" tab. I can see it fine for the Y axis or when I format the X axis on a regular chart, but not the X axis on a pivot chart. I also tried changing the formatting on the source data and the source pivot table. Nothing works for the pivot chart except changing the source data to text which I don't want to do because I need them in number format for other calculations. Please help. Hi, Go to the pivot table and change the N...

Cannot open excel files; Installation error; source CD won't run
None of my excel files (Outlook 2003) can be opened. Message: please wait while Windows configuresoutlook standard 2003. Then further message: Installation error file not found, run original CD. Have tried but the CD will not run ...

Ach File
Hello everyone, acct. created the .ach file before they realized they were supposed to remove one person as he was supposed to get a check instead. When trying to remove this person after the fact and regenerate the .ach file he is still in there. Are we missing a step or do we have to manually edit the .ach file Hello - we have been told that you have to actually edit the raw data of your created ACH file. We choose not to do that. Let the deposit go in and send our bank a reverasal on the same day. "Brian" wrote: > Hello everyone, acct. created the .ach f...

Number of records
Does access have a maximum number of records a table can have? One of my tables has two years of data and it’s up to 5000 records now. -- thank You Gus Access has a maximum size for the .mdb file your table(s) are inside. The max depends on the version. A table might have 5 fields or 200 fields (hopefully NOT the latter). 5000 rows, however, unless there are a LOT of fields, is not that many. I've used Access databases with a half-million rows... Good luck! Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Gus Chuch" <GusChuch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Office 2003 Missing File:C:\SKU011:CAB trying to update to Office
Somehow my source file C:\SKU 011.cab for Office 2003 is missing & I can't install Office 2007. How can this be overcome? If you do not have the installation cd and want to solve this issue follow these steps: (works most of the time with all sku.cab files) 1. Click on start==>run==>type "excel /s" without quotations and click ok. 2. Once Excel is up in safe mode with the error message in front, hold down ctrl+Alt+Delete keys on your keyboard to bring the task manager up. 3. Click on the processes tab==>look for msiexec.exe (only the one next to your...

count the number of cells with a date <= today's date
I need to count the number of cells in a column that contain a date that is <= today's date. I've tried using a COUNTIF formula but it's not working. HELP! If the data is in cells A1:A3 =COUNTIF(A1:A3, "<="&TODAY()) "Cachod1" wrote: > I need to count the number of cells in a column that contain a date that is > <= today's date. I've tried using a COUNTIF formula but it's not working. > HELP! This formula will also count any other number that is NOT a date, as though it WAS a date............ Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CA...

Creating Random Numbers
Is there an easy way to do the following? I have lists of numbers that range from 5000 to over 10,000, generally from 1 to 50 or 1 to 100 numbers. I have created a macro that sorts these lists and gives me the frequency of them. In a given list of say 5000 numbers from 1 to 50, not all the numbbers (1 to 50) are there, and I'm only interested in certian percentages. I have gotten to the point where I have these sorted the way I need them. The next step is I need to fill an array with random numbers from this list. So say I have 45 numbers from 1 to 50, of these I have sorted...

How to reuse the dialog?
Hi, there, I am using a dialog based class to get all needed information, then process them in the app class. So I put my bulk code in the CApp class as in following: BOOL CTransApp::InitInstance() { .... if (nResponse == IDOK) Process_File((LPCTSTR) dlg.m_str, ......); else if (nResponse == IDCANCEL) ...... return FALSE; } It works well in this way. However, each time when I porcessed those files, the dialog disappears. How can I reuse the dialog, and let the user enter information again? Can I implement the same function without moving my bulk code to the dialog class? Thanks. G...

Building to a target number
Hello, First time poster here. Here is the situation. I am working on the finishing touches of m companies' financial model which projects future revenue, income, etc. Anyways, one of the inputs for the model is a collections rate. W foresee ourselves increasing our outstanding collectibles over time. I'd like to be able to have an input of a collections rate, i.e., 90 and an input of a date (a month and year) where we'd actually hit tha rate. I'd like the model to increase our average monthly collections rat evenly from the past actual month to the date inputted where we...

Need formula to add numbers that meet two separate criteria from two separate columns
trying to get a SUMIF function working on an important costing repor Need to get the formula to add numbers that meet two separate criteri from two separate columns, and then only add the details I've onl beenn able to get one criteria working at a time. Also, one of them i a date criteria with month and year. plz let me know how i can work this around.. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com the Sumproduct() function will no doubt do what you want. Start with Going to Help. "mshroff" <mshroff.y9fkm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:mshroff.y...

assembly and reuse
Hello! An assembly can be either an executable with extension exe or a dynamic library with extension dll. I just wonder if I have an exe file with a method called Foo is it then possible to reuse this method Foo in another exe file or dll file or is this only possible when having a dll class library ? I do know that the dll is used just for this to reuse for example a method. //Tony Tony Johansson wrote: > Hello! > > An assembly can be either an executable with extension exe or a dynamic > library with extension dll. > > I just wonder if I...

Help: Exporting EXCEL file to .prn
hi i have a matrix data with headers in Excel. The numbers in the first row are Y labels while those in the first column are X labels. The data in this matrix thus constitute a 3 dimensional graph or a contour plot. The first cell in the first column (1A) is left blank. The problem i have is that my software can read only .prn files. When i save the excel file as prn, the columns do not align properly , some numbers in adjacent columns are even joined. Is there any other way i can export my data with the correct alignment? I have a total of 186 rows and 66 columns excluding the heade...

Conditional max. number
i've got a excel table like this: partcode value 201 0100 302 0019 147 0001 201 0098 201 0102 147 0002 i would like a cell that returns the max. no. in the "value" column for a particular partcode. Say, if i want to know the max. value for partcode "201", it will return "0102". How to do it if the table will get longer and longer (ie. more partcode to enter) day after day ? jack Hi Dennis! If the "values" are in fact numeric numbers formatted to include the leading zeros: =MAX(IF(A1:A6=201,B1:B6)) If...

*.pst files
Hi guys, Just a couple of general questions regarding archived Outlook 2003 *.pst files. im working with SBS 2003, Exchange 2003, & Outlook 2003. 1> I am archiving my user mail data out to 2 GB or close enough *.pst files in prep for an offline exchange defrag, what would happen if i went over the 2 GB cap ? can i reduced / manage / fix this if i did ? ( i realy dont want to experiment with it ;) 2> Are there any tools utils etc that would stop archiving user mail data at 2GB and start another incremented *_01.pst file to continue archiving ? anyhow any info web links etc o...

Can numbers be typed to automatically be negative in cells?
I am a new excel user. I am doing a basic spread sheet. I would like to have cells formated so that when I type in a number it automatically is negative and appears red. Is this possible. I have not been able to ask "help" correctly to find it. Thanks finn Not without resorting to some event code to turn the numbers negative. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:D100")) Is Nothing Then With Target If .Value <> "&qu...

Corrupt Excell file
How do I un-corrupt an excel file? I have tried removing some of the formatting, copy and pasted it into another workbook to no avail. JD Sometimes "roundtripping" it will work. File|SaveAs Choose "Web page (*.htm; *.html) Then close that workbook and reopen the .htm(l) file and save it as normal workbook. Sometimes opening the file in OpenOffice and saving there will help: http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD Sometimes opening in later versions and saving it there will help: Sometimes copy|paste special|formulas to that new worksheet in the new workb...

Phone Numbers
Hi, I am trying to figure out why the Phone number field doesnt get populated in the Phone Call Activity for an oppertunity. I guess this is because there is no Phone Number on the oppertunity form. Am I right in thinking to make this work I need to add a phone call field and map it ? Ian ...

Locking File
When multiple users use the database, it creates a locking file to manage them. The database is in a single file, with a DAP. The settings are on share, but if a user on the http end of the DAP opens the site before the database is upon, it will not let the administrator open the database. If the administrator already has the database open, then the users can access to the DAP from http with no problem. In other words, the users can gain access at any time to the DAP on http, but the administrator can only open the database file while no DAP user is currently using it. How to f...