Returns entered from previous closed shift

When doing a close, how do you work off any returns entered from sales of
previous closed shift?  Since these returns are not from the current shift
and it would not square off with current cashier shift at closing.

0
RicoTowers (135)
9/30/2009 11:04:01 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Sep 30, 7:04=A0am, RicoTowers <RicoTow...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> When doing a close, how do you work off any returns entered from sales of
> previous closed shift? =A0Since these returns are not from the current sh=
ift
> and it would not square off with current cashier shift at closing.

Not sure what you are asking. All that matters from the shift
perspective is the tender amounts, which would reflect NET SALES (i.e.
sales - returns). As long as the cashier returns the correct amount to
the customer, everything should balance out.
0
junk5634 (5)

Customer Returns
I'd like to know if there someone has written a RMS report that shows the customer account number, customer's name (last, first), and other customer statistics that INCLUDE pieces purchased and pieces returned. Or, if someone with more knowledge of SQL would care to share their coding expertise to accomplish the same, it would be appreciated. ...

Hi, I got Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 in Native Mode and when I receive bad mail the response is made from postmaster@mydomain.com but the return-path field is blank. With some anti-spam filter this Email is Junk. Return-Path: <> Anybody know how to specifeid a return-path to the NDR mail? _____________ Thank you Sebastien On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 12:48:04 -0800, "Sebas" <Sebas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I got Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 in Native Mode and when I receive >bad mail the response is made from postmaster@mydomain.c...

Site for SOP Returns
Is it possible to have a different default Site ID for Returns than Standard Orders? Yes. You must make sure to change the site when performing a Return Transaction. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Everton Raymond" wrote: > Is it possible to have a different default Site ID for Returns than Standard > Orders? Sorry, I did not see the word "default" in your post until after I r...

Shift wise Totals
I have a shift 6 running after midnight, hence the productions shows on the next day, can I have the production for the same day. The shifts timings are shift 1 - 6am - 9am, shift 2 - 9:30am _12:30pm, shift3 - 1pm - 4pm, shift 4 - 5pm-8pm, shift 5 - 8:30pm:1130pm, & shift6 - 00am - 2:30am Thats the production for the day, but since shift 6 falls after midnight, all that is process falls on the next day, while actually the production is for the previous day. Subtract, logically, 2h30 ? SELECT ..., SUM( something) ,... FROM ... GROUP BY DateValue( dateTimeStamp - #02:30:00# ) Vande...

Query regarding A,B,C char. width values returned in 16-bit and 32-bit OS
I am trying to retrieve individual character widths of a string (from a TrueType font) and I tried using GetCharWidth (which weirdly works for TrueType fonts too tho' MSDN says otherwise) and/or GetCharABCWidths to retrieve the A,B and C spacings. Please note that I have selected the TrueType font (hFont) into the Device Context (hDC). I used GetCharABCWidths. Problem is this: GetCharABCWidths returns correct A,B and C widths in Win 98 and incorrect (much lesser A,B and C widths such that the characters OVERLAP) in other 32-bit OS (NT, XP). The effect is seen across all TrueType fonts, th...

Program Error -- EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.
Program Error -- EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created. [OK] I get this message almost everytime I open Excel now. I have Office Standard 2003 SR-1 and have all the patches from Windows Update. I have not made any changes to Excel or Office in the last several months -- no patches, etc. I ran the Help...Detect & Repair... feature and this still happens. It's about 8/10 times I try to open Excel I get this message now. Any advice??? THanks! Hi Pablo! Close down and re-boot. Empty your Wind...

Report for Returns
Anyone know a why to report on frequency of customer returns -- so we can see if any customers are making habit of this? Thanks and regards, Rich hitman, Try running a detailed sales report filtered to only negative sales displayed. Good luck, Matt "hitman" <hitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B3EE780-2655-45B4-B3C6-1F5D35FFA2A7@microsoft.com... > Anyone know a why to report on frequency of customer returns -- so we can > see > if any customers are making habit of this? > > Thanks and regards, > > Rich ...

Returning the Beginning of the week
Returning the beginning of the week. e.g. if the date == 02/03/04 (Friday 2nd March 2004) the beginning week for that date == 01/03/04 (Thursday 1st March 2004) Hows does one go about achieving this? Regards -- Rizitsu ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rizitsu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15840 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=314968 This formula will take a date in cell A1 and give the start of the wee in B1 * assumes that monday is the start of the week, so i...

Checking Data Change on Close
I want a data editing form to check for any changes when an exit button is clicked. So here is the following code that I have done. (I always get Run Time Error 13. Type Mismatch) Any help would be greatly appreciated! Private Sub Form_Close() If Me.DataChange Then Dim strMsg As String Dim Cancel As Integer strMsg = "Data has changed." strMsg = strMsg & " Do you wish to save the changes?" strMsg = strMsg & " Click Yes to Save or No to Discard changes." If MsgBox(strMsg, vbQuestion + vbYesNo, &...

Is there a way to see on what date a resource entered time?
We are on 07 through April CU. I want to know on what dates my folks are doing the actual entering of their hours. Is there a way to find this out? i.e. on 11/20, Bill entered 4 hours worked on 11/16. Thanks! -- JenGoSto No. -- Thanks, Ben. Microsoft Most Valuable Professional http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/ "JenStover" wrote: > We are on 07 through April CU. > > I want to know on what dates my folks are doing the actual entering of their > hours. Is there a way to find this out? > > i.e. on 11/20, Bill entered 4 ho...

return
Capability of the system to automatically change the status of the PO to change order, and add line items that have been returned. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.ms...

Return
When returning an item, can you return the item by selecting the matrix rather than the individual item and changing the quantity to -1? Hi KIm, Normally this won't work as it works in sale where for each matrix type you can put the qunatites. HOWEVER when you select the matrix item it bring the matrix window but allow only one item at a time to be returned and make the -1 qty automatically in return document type. It work but one by one. Regards Akber "Kim" wrote: > When returning an item, can you return the item by selecting the matrix > rather than the individua...

Returning Multiple Values in a Single Cell
Hello, I posted this same question a couple of weeks ago but forgot to mention a key point. My question was as follows: I have read a few posts regarding this subject but am still somewhat lost. I have a two sheet workbook (Excel 2000). On the first sheet is a list of projects that my department will complete during the year. A description of each project is given, a start date, an end date, as well as which crew will be completing the work (Crew 1 or Crew 2). What I am trying to do on the second sheet is to be able to type in any date, and have the description of the project on that da...

Returns immediate function
Hi all, I know that the function CeRapiInitEx returns immediately. No wait for processing. I want to implement such a function. Returns immediate. no wait. How do I implement such a function? Thanks Ko You might create a UI thread that do the work, launch it in the "non-wait" function and return immediatly to the caller. When the thread done it's works, you can post an application message to return the results.... Greetings, Gaetano Sferra "PPC DEV" <ppc_dev@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:033101c3b388$a7098910$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi all...

Access 2007 hangs after closing report
I have several reports but only one has a problem after closing the report. I have a macro which I use in all of my reports shortcut menu bar. I use the shortcut menu bar to either print or close the report. I set the GBL_REPORT in each report. I can close all the reports and return to Access except for one which after the report closes, Access hangs and I have to end the task in windows task manager. Any thoughts????? Les The macro consists of the following: Macro Name Action Arguments Print Runcode mcrRightClickItems_Print_Report () Close ...

Move to Previous Location
Hi, Curser was in page1 of a document. I scrolled to page 5 and selected an item in page 5. Now I want to go to previous location. Is there a shortcut for doing this? Thanks! GoBack (Shift+F5). GoBack will skip back to the previous 5 edit points. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Maanu" <Maanu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B07034B-78EC-4B09-B015-6B7DFCF625E9@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Curser was in page1 of a document. I scrolled to page 5 and selected an > item > in page 5. Now I want to go to previous location. >...

Cannot enter password with special characters
I am using Money 2002 to access mutual fund accounts. Fidelity works just fine. For Freemont Funds, they require a special character as part of any password. However, the Money software will not allow a special character in the password field. Anyone have a solution for this? Bob ...

Lookup Values, return multiple.
I need help please. The formula I require has to in Worksheet A :- [B1] lookup DATA in Worksheet A [A1] SP001 in worksheet B [A] [B] [C] SP001 PL001 16 SP001 PL002 5 SP001 DR001 10 CR001 PL001 2 Search for all Text String starting with "PL" in Worksheet B [B] only for SP001 in [A] and return with values from Worksheet B [C] 16 and 5 I need the values to be seperated and not summed. Tx. Appreciate assistance. Try this... In the formulas: Rng1 refers to worksheet B $A$2:$A$5 Rng2 refers ...

% Return Line graph?
Hi- Can someone show me how to customize a graph in Money 2005 to show my stock portfolio's % change over time? I just want a simple line chart showing my percentage change since the beginning - as a way to just figure out relative performance but I can't seem to find the right graph to customize. I can't just chart the value of the portfolio as I have been adding money to it over time which has drastically changed the % returns. I am not sure if what I want is possible or if this is clear but I also have the plugin for MS Excel that I can import money data so if there is...

kit item return
There should be an option in the Store Op Manager --> Configuration --> Option Tab to allow the ability when returning a Kit Item to either return the quantity back to the Kit Items Inventory or to the Kit Item COMPONENTS Inventory. Effectively breaking out the Kit Item automatically when the item is returned to inventory. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to op...

Formula that returns the sheetname
Does anyone know of a formula that would return the active sheetname? http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/cell_function.html "TimT" wrote: > Does anyone know of a formula that would return the active sheetname? Great Link! The formula was =MID(CELL("filename",A1), FIND("]", CELL("filename", A1))+ 1, 255) ....yeah, like I was gonna figure that one out on my own. "David Hepner" wrote: > http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/cell_function.html > > > "TimT" wrote: > > > Does anyone know of a form...

Function to Return the IP Address of a known Host
Hi People, This function returns the IP Address of a known host. I hope you find it useful. Function xlGetIPAddress(strHost As String) 'Ping a host to see if it is alive Dim objPing Dim objRetStatus Dim strMessage If strHost = "" Then xlGetIPAddress = False Else Set objPing = GetObject("winmgmts: {impersonationLevel=impersonate}").ExecQuery("select * from Win32_PingStatus where address = '" & strHost & "'") For Each objRetStatus In objPing If IsNull(objRetStatus.StatusCode) Or objRet...

How do you enter a negative time number in Excel?
I am trying to create a spreadsheet to track employee time records, and I need a way to enter "negative" time numbers. In order to correct data entry errors, I need the ability to enter "-8:30", for example, and include that figure when totaling the column. Then you'll have to switch the workbook to the 1904 date system (Tools/Options/Calculation). Be forewarned that if you already have dates on the worksheet, they will change by 1462 days (4 years + 1 day). If that's a problem, post back and we'll tell you how to fix it. On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:25:06 -0...

What's "can't shift items off sheet" in Excel?
I have a rather large Excel file (I'm adding items to the "G" columns. I have several columns hidden (old data I want to keep) and only about 8 or 10 columns unhidden. When I tried to hide three more columns just now, I get an Excel message "can't shift items off sheet". What does this mean? I've been using Excel for 11 years, and have never seen this message. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=170081 XL97: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/?id=211769 XL2000: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet&...

If it returns #N/A, making it return 0
I have a list of numbers, that at the end of their row it averages them. However, the numbers are obtained by a VLOOKUP function. If it can't find what it's looking for, it returns #N/A which makes it so it can't calculate the average at the end. Is there any way to get the VLOOKUP function to return 0 instead of #N/A? Or maybe make the cell return 0 if the VLOOKUP function returns #N/A? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Also, if it return...