Restoring computer

I would like to restore my computer from the day I got it. Does anyone know
how to do this? I am fed up its all screwy and I think this will fix all our
cont. problems

0
high5me (1)
7/13/2005 12:43:17 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Depends on what OS you are running. You can always reformat your hard drive.
But save anything that you want to keep first. ALso on xp you can do a
restore. but it only goes back so far. Still save important files because it
will erase them.

"high5me" <high5me@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I would like to restore my computer from the day I got it. Does anyone know
>how to do this? I am fed up its all screwy and I think this will fix all
>our cont. problems

0
Rick5747 (287)

Restore
I'm trying to restore my latest money 95 backup, but the file extention on the file is MBF not mny. Does't seem to like that extention (mbf). That extention was automatically assign by Money 95 when I did the backup. Is there anything I can do to restore that file??? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Anton wrote: >I'm trying to restore my latest money 95 backup, but the >file extention on the file is MBF not mny. Does't seem >to like that extention (mbf). That extention was >automatically assign by Money 95 when I did the backup. >Is there anythi...

Restoring an image after repartitioning the image restore drive?
I'm a little confused about this: I save several (different-dated) system images on my backup drive, with a pretty large partition reserved just for storing those system drive (C: ) images (the rest of the space on that drive is still unallocated). Now suppose I increase the size of the partition on the backup drive (which stores those images) to make more room for more of them, and subsequently save a few more backup images. Ok, no problem so far. But now if decide to restore a much earlier image (where the partition size on the backup drive was previously allocated as...

Catalogs slow down the computer
I am creating a catalog for my company that is very large. Publisher has become extremely slow the larger the catalog has grown. It is now to the point that I am waiting 10-15 minutes for the timer to turn off. It is constantly not responding. Is there anything I can do about this? I have already split the catalog into 3 different files to see if that would help. Some files have more pages than others, but they are all slow. Deeda wrote: > I am creating a catalog for my company that is very large. Publisher > has become extremely slow the larger the catalog has grown. It is now >...

Automated backup and restore.
Hello! I wonder if there is a way to automate backups for exchange so that they can be done in the background without user intervention? I have experimented with ntbackup, but the command line is different for different versions of exchange. Is there a way so you can use the same procedure with all versions of exchange? I guess one way could be to copy the files, but can this be done while exchange is running? If this is not possible, this would not be an option. Ntbackup also does not support an automated restore. You have to select (as far as I know) some things with the gui first...

database restore
How can I simply do a database restore from a backup (.bck file) in RMS Admin? -- Scott This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_051A_01C70A48.42C79E50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Scott, Database | delete (be real sure you really want to do this) | select the = existing that you want to restore | Database | Restore | name it as the = old one | Next | point to your backup .bck file by clicking on the = magnifying glass --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D...

Apple Computer offers value
Same dumb people who have deserted the apple pie and motherhood and who are not right for this world & defected to Mars, because they installed some free wheeling game-a-tron that piggybacked and installed much needed malware which cost them pennies on the ruble. Hundreds and a queensload, well those people will have diapers disappoint them sooner or later or behind the closet, with vast numbers coming back home -- to the PC world... Whether or not they'll be willing to accept it first, deepening the resolve of actuality, reality will keep hitting them in the balls tha...

Activation Fee for two home computers
Can I run MS Office or MS Publisher on my two home office computers by paying a fee to MS? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from John <jc1148@swbell.net>... > Can I run MS Office or MS Publisher on my two home office > computers by paying a fee to MS? If one is a laptop and one is a desktop, you need to pay no fee. However, if they are both desktops you need to go out and buy another copy of each, install and activate them -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer...

Can't restore data from Money 2003 lost after installing Windows X
I installed Windows XP on my 89 SE operationg system and when I went to my MOney program all the data from the whole year was lost. How can I restore the data I have backed up on my floppy drive????? Tough to say as from the description you've given us, it's tough to say what happened. Was your backup good? Did you test it before reloading your operating system? Was your backup current? Are your view settings correct? You say you lost data from the whole year. What year? What about the rest of your data? What kind of backup was it? Money backup? File copy? Are you sure you use...

I have chopped head off picture.How do I restore orginal?
I seem to have lost the head off a photograph. I wish to restore the head as the picture is useless. I have tried to restore but to no effect. HELP! Why are you asking an Access newsgroup devoted to answering question related to the relational database product that is part of Microsoft Office Professional suite? -- Build a little, test a little. "sam7171" wrote: > I seem to have lost the head off a photograph. I wish to restore the head > as the picture is useless. I have tried to restore but to no effect. HELP! ...

DC Crash -> new ADS
Short introduction: The DC was reinstalled, so the ADS is also new. New ADS = New Users, new Groups and so on... so all Users etc. have new SIDs also. After the DC was reinstalled, we reinstalled the CRM. We have a Backup from the Databases before the DC-Crash. But because the Backup is from the old DC, with the old ADS and old User and Group SIDs, the CRM will not accept the Tables from our Backup. So, is there a way to use our new System (new DC, new CRM) with the Database-Backup? TIA Markus Taxacher Download the Redeployment Toolkit from CustomerSource. "Markus Taxacher [ABR...

Error mounting mailbox store after restore
I am getting the following error when I attempt to mount both the mailbox store and the public store after an ntbackup backup/restore procedure. I can create a new mailbox and it will mount with no problem. I am only having a problem with the restored mailbox store. I checked the "Last Restore Set" check box during the restore. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if I just have a corrupted backup. Any suggestions? FYI if it helps: eseutil /mh against mdbdata\priv1.edb(mailbox store) returned State: Dirty Shutdown eseutil /ml against mdbdata\E00.log returned In...

System Restore Will Not Restore
I've posted vast detail about this problem at the link below. I wonder if anyone here has an answer. http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/889274-system-restore-will-not-restore.html That is a classic. Happens to me all the time - in Vista and Win7. That's why I am making frequent images now (with Macrium on Win7 and with Norton Ghost on Vista) and restore my system from there. I think is is some program we have on our systems that does not like to be restored. I know Norton is one of them, but I also use MSE. So it must be another one. Maybe you remember what prog...

restrictions in effect on this computer
Upon trying to click on URL's and or something connected to the Internet. I get this Message. This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. please contact your system admin. PS. technically there is no sys. admin. Duh! thats Me. Any Help appreciated. G. Harold .471 ...

Restore button minimizes instead of restores!
For some reason whenever my user hits the restore button in excel, the application is minimized to the task bar instead of just becoming smaller on the screen. How can I reset the function for restore so that it doesn't minimize it? Thanks, Leslie Lesile, I had this happen once on a computer, don't know why, in my case the window looked like it was minimized to the task bar, but it was actually going off screen, try this after you hit the restore button, press (shift + alt + spacebar), then press m. now you can try to move the window with the arrow keys and see if you can find it...

Error: Posting to table IV10001
Has anyone ever seen this error: "Error: Posting to table IV10001 - Restore from Backup if possible." I received this from a Receivings Posting Journal report from Purchase Order Processing. The Purchasing Transaction went through fine - but no Receipt Transaction was posted in inventory. I have tried to recreate the error with no luck and I do not see anything in TK. Any ideas? Thank you! Have you tried dropping and recreating the IV10001 table auto stored procedures? Please take a look at my article "What does SQL Maintenance really do?" at http://dynamicsgpbl...

restoring my .pst file
Hello, For a good few years I've been saving my .pst file to my data drive so when it comes to installing a new OS and office apps, I generally move the .pst file from it's default location C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook then when outlook opens and can't find it, I navigate to my data drive and load it from there. I don't know if this is to be particulaly recommended as I think it is still the old format .pst file I used with office 2000. This always worked pretty well with previous versions of outlook, but with 2003 I doesnt se...

No Exchange objects in AD users and computers
Hi, Running ES2003 SP2 on a Win2k3 SP1 server works beautifully. When I look at AD users and computers, I have no container (object) related to Exchange as I know I should have one. I have ran /forestprep and /domainprep with no luck. DCdiag and NetDiag report no error at all. Any idea ? Thanks Gilles, are you opening ADUC on the exchange server? Have you set the ADUC to view Advanced Features (access from the view menu) If you access a user's properties, do you see the Exchange related tabs (Exchange general and Exchange Advanced)? If yes, what specifically are you missing...

Money in laptop and office computer
I tried money 2006 and later I bought the standard version downloaded via internet. Now I want to open my I downloaded the trial version, but cannot open the file, neither want to buy another money 2006. Do I have to?. In microsoft.public.money, lfalini@cantv.net <lfalini@cantv.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I tried money 2006 and later I bought the standard version downloaded via >internet. >Now I want to open my I downloaded the trial version, but cannot open the >file, neither want to buy another money 2006. Do I have to?. You can download and install the Mo...

System Restore unable to restore
My Win XP system is working fine, however whenever I try to do a System Restore it fails and I don't know why. In the distant past I have successfully run System Restore and returned the machine to an earlier time, so I am reasonably confident with its operation. When System Restore is opened the calender box shows each possible restore point date in bold. Selecting one of these, the dialogue box reports a valid system check point for that day. Proceeding with a selected date the system shuts down, restarts, fully loads then announces the system cannot be restored to the s...

There should be a way to restore the address book in outlook
The help file shows how to backup the address book to a .pst file but is nothing about RESTORE in the help fiile. Maybe it's called something else??? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid...

to keep saved files in Power Screener in a new computer
I would to know whether it is possible to keep the files saved in the Power Screener program when you used a different or a new computer. I mean, it seems that the personal files in Power Screener are not saved in the hard disk of the personal computer but in a different way that it is impossible to get out when you use a different computer. Thanks. Stefano "Stcorder" <Stcorder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:C1325749-0245-43DA-B53F-F39D19E0A066@microsoft.com... >I would to know whether it is possible to keep the files saved in the = Power=20 > Scr...

Exchange 2003 restore on different host
I have exchange 2003 installed on host A and all users mailbox configured and used for while, now I have installed new exchange 2003 on host B and then restored backup version of exchange SG from host A to host B, can the exchange 2003 on host B mount the restored SG and read all the mailboxes? Appreciated your respond. James On 8 Feb 2007 21:13:31 -0800, "sss" <james.zheng@gmail.com> wrote: >I have exchange 2003 installed on host A and all users mailbox >configured and used for while, now I have installed new exchange 2003 >on host B and then restored backup vers...

Activation on new computer- in 2011
I bought a used copy of FP on Ebay to use on a computer that I will be buying *next year*. However, I want to make sure that I can activate it later, even though FP has been discontinued. The Ebay seller assures me it has been deleted from her machine, but she did activate it. Should I wait until 2011 (when I buy the new computer) to activate the software, will Microsoft still be in the business of activating FP software in the next few years (since Expression Web seems to be the new Microsft product). I don't want to wait and then have it not work properly. Whether you act...

Acess to my computer from the folder list
Could somebody tell me how add my computer in the folder list and able to acess different dirves. I have Outlook 2003. ...

Cannot enter MS Money 2003 on my computer
I thought I knew the password to my MS Money 2003 program but now the password will not work. I was away for four months and when I returned I could not access MS Money. I use MS Money to transfer my bank activities since my bank only keeps accounts back to the last 6 months. I get an error message that my password is wrong or password does not match the user name. While I was away I did have a hotmail account open to handle email sent to me. I also did register for .Net Passport (which I never used) long ago. Now the MS Money screen says the sign-in information is the same as my...