Restoring a Database

I created a back-up of my RMS database using Store Operations manager. When I
go to restore the databse on a different computer (at a different location),
I get an "Unable to Restore Error 5- Access is Denied." I have the sa
password the same on both machines. Any suggestins?
0
EricG (37)
12/13/2005 2:34:01 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

There should be a way to restore the address book in outlook
The help file shows how to backup the address book to a .pst file but is nothing about RESTORE in the help fiile. Maybe it's called something else??? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid...

Moving CRM 3.0 SQL Databases
I have a requirment to move the CRM databases from one SQL server in a Domain (Customers) to another SQL server in a different domain (MyDomain). i have created a new CRM server in MyDomain and would like to move the customers data to MYSQL server. Can anybody suggest the best method to achieve this miogration? Use the redeployment tools found on the CD. Should be in a folder named Redeploy. "Steve Haggerty" wrote: > I have a requirment to move the CRM databases from one SQL server in a Domain > (Customers) to another SQL server in a different domain (MyDomain). i h...

Database that has field that contains multiple values
I have a database where one of the fields has multiple values (second column PlanofRecord). There could be only one or many values with that are the same. Ex: HICNbr PlanofRecord TROOP YTD TDS YTD AS OF DT xxxxxxxxxA H0001 0 0 0 xxxxxxxxxA H0002 0 0 0 xxxxxxxxxb H0002 0 0 0 xxxxxxxxxC H0003 0 0 0 xxxxxxxxxD H0003 0 0 0 xxxxxxxxxE H0003 0 0 0 xxxxxxxxxF H0003 $11.62 $50.43 2007-03-04 xxxxxxxxxG H0003 0 0 0 I manually create tables for the PlanofRecord. Is there some way that I can do this systematically? Create table H0001, H0002, H0003 etc.? ...

Categories in Databases
Hi, I have a database of things in Sheet1 and one of the columns is labeled "country". Let's call this the master list, with about 150 rows. I want to make a list in Sheet2 with just things in "China". The way I've been doing it is by scouring through the master list, seeing which ones have "china", and then manually copying and pasting. Is there any way in which I can get this automatically done instead of doing it the manual labor way? Thx -- yl358 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ yl358's Profile: htt...

System Restore does not go any further then Select a Restore Point
My system is windows XP had a new hard drive installed 2008 with more space on it. Don't know what happened to the recovery CD for it, don't have it now, I think that's probably what I would need to repair it, any other way to fix it. Need help any one thank you. System Restore does not go any further then Select a Restore Point, the (next) button does not function, because of a restoration to ''Software Distribution Service 3.0'' restore point was incomplete due to an improper shutdown. A system restore was necessary, I thought because I coul...

Exchange 2K restore from backup
Hi there We have a server running sbs2K. A couple of days ago a public folder was deleted from outlook. No one noticed for until today. We run complete backups of exchange using ntbackup. So I completed a current full backup. When I tried a restore from a 2 day old backup for the public information store the restored database failed to mount. It stated that the log files were inconsistant I then tried a full restore of both the public store and the mailbox store with the log files as well. This also failed in the same way. I have ended up restoring the current database which ran fine Being ...

Setup was unable to grant access to the Microsoft CRM databases 10-07-04
I keep getting this message when installing MS CRM 1.2. Anyone else had this issue? ------=_NextPart_0001_31256612 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Brian, This error can mean a few different things. Below are a couple of KB articles that discuss the error message: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;861915 https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870105 Thank you, Tami J. Lemar Microsoft Business Solutions Support This posting is provided �AS IS� with no warranties, and confers no rights. ------...

Restoring a Database
I created a back-up of my RMS database using Store Operations manager. When I go to restore the databse on a different computer (at a different location), I get an "Unable to Restore Error 5- Access is Denied." I have the sa password the same on both machines. Any suggestins? ...

Public Folders Restore
Hi everyone We had a Public folder database crash and we need to restore it from the backup. We have 5 Exchange servers accross different sites, now, if we restore the public folder database does that mean that all old itens will come up and replicated to all other exchange with replicas of these public folders? Is there a way that we restore and select only certain itens to restoed after a given date or something like that? Thanks "GIG" <gig@gig.com> wrote: >We had a Public folder database crash and we need to restore it from the >backup. >We have 5 Exchang...

System Restore unable to restore
My Win XP system is working fine, however whenever I try to do a System Restore it fails and I don't know why. In the distant past I have successfully run System Restore and returned the machine to an earlier time, so I am reasonably confident with its operation. When System Restore is opened the calender box shows each possible restore point date in bold. Selecting one of these, the dialogue box reports a valid system check point for that day. Proceeding with a selected date the system shuts down, restarts, fully loads then announces the system cannot be restored to the s...

Back up and restore of Out look express.
Hi all, I backed up my "document and settings" and would like to get my address book restored in Outlook Express. Do you know what extension the Address book is? Can I import it? Thanks Brent Hauver www.sagehealthstore.com Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Po...

Restore Exchange 2000 default permissions
is it possible to restore default permissions for the organisation in exchange 2000. At present anyone can open anyone else's mailbox!! Which i can't believe is the default. If there is no way to reset them can someone tell me what the permissions need to be so only the user and the administrators can access the mailboxes. My CEO is less than impressed that anyone can read his mail!! Cheers Minimum Permissions Required for Mailbox Stores and Public Folder Stores http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/StrPermwE2k3/2934133f-e3af-46a5-9369-1ece5843ff58.mspx?mfr...

How do I restore a file?
I accidentally saved a new file with the same name as an existing one, and clicked 'override', forgetting they were in the same location. How do I restore the original file that I accidentally overrode? In another post someone mentioned that I have to us my backup software...how do I do that? The file in question is not saved on my computer, it is saved on my Western Digital external hard drive. Thank you! The original is gone. If you don't have a backup of the original then it is gone permanently. Only you would know what backup procedures you keep to maintain ...

query across two access databases
Hey guys, does any one knows if we can query on different databases? like: SELECT t1.*, t2.* FROM db1.table1 t1, db2.table2 t2 WHERE XXX thanks a lot In some contexts you can specify the file name with IN, e.g.: SELECT * FROM t1 IN "C:\MyFolder\MyFile.mdb"; -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Naure" <Naure@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCBA861B-C812-4BBC-B6F2-FE06B2E470C1@microsoft.com... > Hey guys, ...

Restoring a value
In the code below, I've attempted to check a value entered by the user and restore the original value if what was entered exceeds the maximum for the current application. So far, I've been unsuccessful in restoring what was saved at open time. Saving of the restored value (Me.ImageRatio = Ratio) using Me.Requery after the assignment statement gives a runtime error related to macro or function validation rule for the field. I have not set a validation rule in the property sheet for the control. What am I missing here? Bill ======(Application)==================== Option Compare Datab...

Restore problem
I needed to recover C and D drives from two week old Drive Image files from the secondary HD ... had back ups to many programs on drives E&F ... operating system on C, program files on D: e.g. D:\Program Files\Microsoft Money. Everyone recovered and updated fine except MS Money 2003. Win2000 Pro system. After restoring the file from E:\backup\Money .. the files and program looks great ... but will no longer allow me to enter a transaction.... comes back, "This transaction can not be entered." Tried to create a new file (new name) and restore to it ...now system says it can not...

passing data between two databases
I want to pass a value from one database system to a text box field of a form in a seperate database system. Is it possible and how would I do it? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Are you asking if it is possible to reference one form to another form in seperate DB's? I don't think that's a desirable solution. 1. Why not use a linked table where you can reference from 2. Export the value by passing it through via Append Query which references the other DB. You could create an empty table in that referenced DB and place the values there. Maurice "Justin" wr...

Performing Z Report Delete Entire Database!
Hi, I'm new to RMS and have been using it for only 1 week! I have another bigger problem than the one I posted yesterday. Each day I have to reuse the original backup to start my transaction for it ALWAYS delete my records when I perform the Z Report by end of the day! This is a pain for I loose all my previous records and obviously non of my inventory is track correctly and not to mention lost all my journal receipts records for I have to use the original backup each day. The problem occurs every time right after I performed the Z Report and after exited the POS/MANAGER it will n...

Make a database available to only one user at at time?
I am not a networking person. I design Access databases. My client wants two people to be able to use an Access database on a server (that has Groups and users assigned) but that only one person at a time can open it. I have told them that the recommended solution is to split the database into front-end and back-end but their network person doesn't want me to do this(?)... I can lock down records in tables, but not the database. Can the network administrator set usage to a single person at a time? If you want only one to edit it at a time then *don't* split it. The 2...

stand-by server restore
I am currently installing Exchange 2003 to two identical member servers. In addition I have another identical server for recovery purposes. I'm using BackupExec 9 to backup Exchange databases. I'm familiar with the stand-by recovery server procedures, and have this server configured (identical OS/patches etc) to perform this role should it be required. However, is it possible to install Exchange 2003 on this server in an identical config to the other two servers (store name, path, virtual server config etc all identical) but with empty db stores? Then, should one of the ...

Cannot Link to ODBC Database
Help!! I am using Access 2003 and Windows Vista. When I try to link to an ODBC database the dialog box to select the database type never comes up. My process is: File --> Get External Data -->Link Tables: ODBC Databases. The next window that should launch does not launch.... -- Debra H ...

Event ID 8213 / error 0x80090005 after exchange restore
Did a "setup /disasterrecovery" to restore databases, this has been in the event logs since. The restore did not create a MSExchangeFBPublish key in the registry (which was there on the previous install). I re-created the key, however no dice - still get "System Attendant Service failed to create session for virtual machine MAILSERVER2. The error number is 0x80090005" in the application log every 10-20 minutes. Looked around on newgroups - appears others have had this problem. Anyone know a fix? Answered my own question - knowledgebase article on using ADSIedi...

Restore button minimizes instead of restores!
For some reason whenever my user hits the restore button in excel, the application is minimized to the task bar instead of just becoming smaller on the screen. How can I reset the function for restore so that it doesn't minimize it? Thanks, Leslie Lesile, I had this happen once on a computer, don't know why, in my case the window looked like it was minimized to the task bar, but it was actually going off screen, try this after you hit the restore button, press (shift + alt + spacebar), then press m. now you can try to move the window with the arrow keys and see if you can find it...

How do i restore my Menu Bar???
I have no idea how this end-user did this (because it should be impossible to do), but I have a user that no longer has a Menu Bar in Outlook 2000 (It appears in Word, Excel, etc - just not Outlook). I have uninstalled Outlook, rebooted, and re-installed Outlook. I have uninstalled Office 2000, rebooted, and installed Office 2000 with all available options. Whatever I do, whenever Outlook opens up, it no longer has the Menu Bar (File...Edit...View etc). Using the F1 help in Outlook tells me to click View...Toolbars, but this is my problem -- I don't have a View!!!! This seems like a...

Stand Alone Database
Been a while since I've needed this application - I remember that you can build a database and then make it a module that could be used by people who did not actually have access on their computer - but could be used to update or add new info as it was prepared - can you remind me how if this can be done. You need the professional development version of MS Access. I'm not sure what it is called in its latest incarnation. Go to Microsoft's site to check. -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish and they eat for a lifetime&qu...