Reports - group by date doesnt group by the date correctly

Could anybody assist me or guide me in the correct direction for what I need
to do. Lets use the Detailed Sales report for example...  If you place the
date in the first column and group by first column, it does not group all of
the same dates.  I believe what it is doing is also grouping the Time as well
as the date. Well of course these transactions all happened during different
hours of the day, but i want it to group. by the date only, ignore the time.

what could I do to the code to modify this change? any ideas?
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

There is a Custom Report in the microsoft reports library that fixes this
problem. Detailed Sales by Date.rpt

"Andy Miller - Teknor, Inc." wrote:

> Could anybody assist me or guide me in the correct direction for what I need
> to do. Lets use the Detailed Sales report for example...  If you place the
> date in the first column and group by first column, it does not group all of
> the same dates.  I believe what it is doing is also grouping the Time as well
> as the date. Well of course these transactions all happened during different
> hours of the day, but i want it to group. by the date only, ignore the time.
>
> what could I do to the code to modify this change? any ideas?

Need more Reports

Sales Report #3

W-2 Tax Reporting Figures Not Accurate

Blank networth reports

Automatic dates in activities
An irritating problem (actually more than one) I've found with CRM activities is that the date fields are not automatically filled in with a default value. Related to this is that activity forms can't be customised, nor can views. Is there a way for me to auto fill dates AND list the dates in activity lists so they can (for instance) be sorted by clicking on the column. Cheers, Lindsay ...

eXtender SOP Reports

Reports are not being shown MM07

Thanks for all the help on Year-to-date query!
It's so great to know that there are folks out there that can take the time to help someone whose 78 year old brain is slowly turning to gorgonzola cheese! Again, thanX Mikie Francisco 9 @ ATT N E T ...

Saving Reports

Date format #34
I have a large spreadsheet in Excel. Dates were entered as "August 1, 2001". When I go to sort the list, Excel sorts by month. I selected all of the date cells, format, and it shows all date cells as Date formated. How can I get Excel to sort by date (by 08/01/2001; not alpha by month)? Or, how can I take the August 1, 2001 and convert into 08/01/2001? Thanks for any help. Sounds like your dates were entered as character strings/labels, not true dates. Try entering a formula to calc the difference between a couple of them. If the formula returns #VALUE, they're cer...

Insert row, table to table
Hi, As I cannot use INSERT INTO with values specified to WHERE. I have created an interim temporary table where the record contains two text strings.Now I want to be able to take those text strings and append to the correct table where the record is set by an ID number. First_Name = Fred Last_Name = Jones Its a new contact so it is too be added to a customer with an ID = 1375 Now I can't use the following sql statement strsql = "INSERT INTO [tblCUSTCONTACTS] ( [FIRST_NAME], [LAST_NAME] ) " _ & " VALUES (""" & strFirst & "&...

small business reports ...

Reporting Error ==> very urgent

format the "date" button for a header
I need to insert a date in my header but not in the short format currently provided by pressing the "date" button. Is there a forumala etc that I can use that will change the format of this particular date without going through computer settings and chaning the "standard" date option. (much like how you can format a normal cell to show the date in whatever format you require You can use this macro: Public Sub DateInHeader() Dim ws As Worksheet For Each ws In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets ws.PageSetup.LeftHeader = Format(Date, "dd m...

Report writer
Hello, I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls advise as I can add the fields containing the data but the data is not appearing on the report. Thanks your comments are appreciated. -- chj@jup Once you were done modifying the report, did you give access to the mdoified report under Security? -- Lyle U chj wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy > of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls > advise as I c...

Loan Accounts in Reports
Bugs are in reports, the loan that I pay to my car is divided in 2, principal and interest, but in reports I can't show the two at same time, the reports show only the interest that I'm paying. The budget have the same problem with loans, it shows values that don't exists, I start a new budget, put all the values correctly and finalize it, when I go to budget home there are values that I not put there. There is some fix to those bugs? ...

Monthly reports in Money 2004 Standard
Is there a way to customize the categories used to compose the Monthly Reports? I would like to omit my business travel and living expenses from these reports, as they are fully reimbursed, and have nothing to do with my household finances. Can this be done in 2004? If not, has this feature been rolled into newer versions? Monthly reports are not customizable in any version of Money that is in the wild. "bob2246" <bob2246@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3493CA51-596F-4D59-9540-F2D79EA5A618@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to customize the categor...

Reprinting/Reporting Past Z Reports
Hi all ~ Just wondering how to pull up a past Z report? Which database table(s) are used? Is there a sql for this so that I can pull up a week or months Z reports in a sql query? Thanks Jerry Jerry, In POS, F4, Batch button, find and double click on the batch you want, page down to the z-out, print. In Manager, Journal, View, find and double click on the batch you want, page down to the zout, print. -- * "Jerry Penna" <jerrypenna@msn.com> wrote in message news:3ac97809.0410011320.1b034dd9@posting.google.com... Hi all ~ Just wondering how to pull up a past Z rep...

Reporting Services has no reports
I cannot see any reports in CRM. We're running SBS 2003 Premium R2 with CRM 3.0 running on this server. The SQL databases and reporting services are installed on a separate 2005 SQL cluster. I've checked that reporting services is running on the cluster. http://<sqlcluster>/reports brings up the SQL Reporting Services and a folder entitled "CompanyName MSCRM" which is empty. How do I determine the physical location of this folder? I've checked in deployment manager on the SBS and CRM Reporting Services is pointing to "http://sqlcluster/reportserver". Is...

Displaying Filter Criteria In Report Header?
I have one report layout "rptStandard" that when it is opened I would like to display the filter criteria in the header. Is there a way to do this? You can put this into the ControlSource of a text box: =[Report].[Filter] Trouble is, sometimes the Filter property contains an artifact from a previous filter, even though the filter is not applied. On a form you could sort this out by testing the FilterOn property, but Access doesn't maintain this property reliably for reports. A better solution is to pass the filter to the report in its OpenArgs (or use a public string...