Remove footer lines from Signature portion of Receipt?

We're using a rather long footer (for our Return Policy), but it's also
printing out on the Signature portion (that we keep) for Credit receipts,
etc. thus wasting alot of paper...is there a way to keep the same footer
lines from printer on both portions of the receipt?

Thanx!
--
Best regards,
Rich Muller

Rich,

One possible way would be to create two different receipt formats on two
different "printers" that actually point to the same printer.

Good luck,
Matt

"hitman" <rmuller@bellabeadboutique.(nospam).com> wrote in message
> We're using a rather long footer (for our Return Policy), but it's also
> printing out on the Signature portion (that we keep) for Credit receipts,
> etc. thus wasting alot of paper...is there a way to keep the same footer
> lines from printer on both portions of the receipt?
>
> Thanx!
> --
> Best regards,
> Rich Muller

0
mrocha (144)
3/30/2006 4:07:42 PM
Matt --

Thanks...but I'm not sure how this would work for normal transactions...we
want the extra footer language (our return policy) to continue, we just don't
want it to show up on the 2nd half of the receipt for credit/debit/e-checks.
This naturally comes out as one print job, it's just cut half way through
(the customer receipt and the signature portion that we keep)...don't see how
you could seperate these two portions to two different printers using two
different receipt templates -- which is what I think you're suggesting??
--
Best regards,
Rich Muller

"Matt" wrote:

> Rich,
>
> One possible way would be to create two different receipt formats on two
> different "printers" that actually point to the same printer.
>
> Good luck,
> Matt
>
> "hitman" <rmuller@bellabeadboutique.(nospam).com> wrote in message
> > We're using a rather long footer (for our Return Policy), but it's also
> > printing out on the Signature portion (that we keep) for Credit receipts,
> > etc. thus wasting alot of paper...is there a way to keep the same footer
> > lines from printer on both portions of the receipt?
> >
> > Thanx!
> > --
> > Best regards,
> > Rich Muller

Rich,

Make a backup of your current receipt template.

Open your receipt template in Notepad and find the following section;

</IF>
        <ROW></ROW>
        <ROW></ROW>
        <ROW></ROW>
        <ROW></ROW>
        <ROW> "X__________________________________" </ROW>
        <ROW> "I AGREE TO PAY ABOVE TOTAL AMOUNT"   </ROW>
        <ROW> "ACCORDING TO CARD ISSUER AGREEMENT" </ROW>
        <ROW></ROW>
        <ROW></ROW>
       </TABLE>
       <CALL>   "PrintFooter"     </CALL>
       <NEWPAGE>
        <PAPERCUTPERCENT>    CCPaperCutPercent </PAPERCUTPERCENT>
       </NEWPAGE>

Remove the line that says;        <CALL>   "PrintFooter"     </CALL>

Close and save it.  Back into Manager | Database | Registers | Receipt
formats and re-select the new, modified receipt template | Re-start POS on
each machine for it to take effect.
--
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

"hitman" <rmuller@bellabeadboutique.(nospam).com> wrote in message
We're using a rather long footer (for our Return Policy), but it's also
printing out on the Signature portion (that we keep) for Credit receipts,
etc. thus wasting alot of paper...is there a way to keep the same footer
lines from printer on both portions of the receipt?

Thanx!
--
Best regards,
Rich Muller

0
spam3944 (2164)
3/30/2006 8:15:05 PM
Jeff --

Yes, of course!  Thanks for pointing that out Jeff!!
--
Best regards,
Rich Muller

"Jeff" wrote:

> Rich,
>
> Make a backup of your current receipt template.
>
> Open your receipt template in Notepad and find the following section;
>
> </IF>
>         <ROW></ROW>
>         <ROW></ROW>
>         <ROW></ROW>
>         <ROW></ROW>
>         <ROW> "X__________________________________" </ROW>
>         <ROW> "I AGREE TO PAY ABOVE TOTAL AMOUNT"   </ROW>
>         <ROW> "ACCORDING TO CARD ISSUER AGREEMENT" </ROW>
>         <ROW></ROW>
>         <ROW></ROW>
>        </TABLE>
>        <CALL>   "PrintFooter"     </CALL>
>        <NEWPAGE>
>         <PAPERCUTPERCENT>    CCPaperCutPercent </PAPERCUTPERCENT>
>        </NEWPAGE>
>

> Remove the line that says;        <CALL>   "PrintFooter"     </CALL>
>
> Close and save it.  Back into Manager | Database | Registers | Receipt
> formats and re-select the new, modified receipt template | Re-start POS on
> each machine for it to take effect.
> --
> *
>
> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
> see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>
> **********
>
> "hitman" <rmuller@bellabeadboutique.(nospam).com> wrote in message
> We're using a rather long footer (for our Return Policy), but it's also
> printing out on the Signature portion (that we keep) for Credit receipts,
> etc. thus wasting alot of paper...is there a way to keep the same footer
> lines from printer on both portions of the receipt?
>
> Thanx!
> --
> Best regards,
> Rich Muller

Removal

Default Footer #2
Is there a way to set Excel to place the file path footer on all documents by default? I want every document opened or created in Excel to place this footer in the document. You could use before print macro that will put the path there before you print -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It is a good thing to follow the first law of holes; if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey "Jules" <Jules@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6EAB57A8-7BBA-4D5B-9C64-862406758147@microsoft.c...

Even Page Footer in a Section
2007: In a dble-sided 70-pg doc, about the 5th section, I cannot access the even page footers!! No way: by dble-clicking or via the H/F tools. When I double-click, it seems to jump to a footer that is over text. I've checked the page setup and seems ok. What to do? -- Janet A. Are you sure that there are enough pages in section 5 for all headers and footers to be visible? Try inserting a page break (temporarily) and see if that makes a difference. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Janet A. Thompson" <JanetA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Remove Excel Icon ??

Remove lines with +++

How to Remove SRS

remove Fax from address book?

Apply credits through receipts and make notations.
Credits can be applied through cash receipts, however it does not capture check information. Right now you have to go back into your credit and make a notation of what check it is applied on and is very time consuming. So I would like to be able to click on a credit and see the check that had been applied to it. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion ...

Removing an item from menu

Need to remove selected characters

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

line chart question
I am making some line charts and am wondering if anyone knows a simple way to have the lines transition from data point to data point in crisp 95-degree angles, rather than direct lines as is the default. Thanks for any suggestions. Mike, I think your requirements need clarification. If it's a line chart, then the items on the x (category) axis will be equally spaced, and the angles at each point will only be 95 (or any) degrees for certain values of the data points. What do you want to adjust to force these angles? -- Regards from Virginia Beach, Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake....

adding rules via command line
Hello, Is there a way to add a rule via command-line or to import a set of exported rules via command line? -thanks Moody No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "moody" <moody@telepacific.com> wrote in message news:ae7e01c4886f$881e96f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is there a way to add a rule via command-line or to import > a set of exported rules via command line? > > -thanks > > Moody ...

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

Removing password protection on a sheet

Picture in signature HELP
Ho do I add a jpeg in my signature? I have added on to my signature file but when I add my signature to the email, I get a empty box with a red X in it. Is this some security setting. HELP -- Mike Crawford Mike <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Ho do I add a jpeg in my signature? I have added on to my signature > file but when I add my signature to the email, I get a empty box with > a red X in it. Is this some security setting. HELP See if something here helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/signatures.htm -- Brian Tillman >-----Original Message-----...

Adding and removing removable drives

Copy Signatures etc
I am moving to a new computer and have successfully moved my pst file, but I wonder how to copy all the other stuff such as signatures, etc, stuff that doesn't seem to be in the pst, or if it was, didn't get enacted. Help fast, please. In case it matters, I am going from Outlook 2003 to 2007. Thx, Dean Dean <DEANALT@AOL.COM> wrote: > I am moving to a new computer and have successfully moved my pst > file, but I wonder how to copy all the other stuff such as > signatures, etc, stuff that doesn't seem to be in the pst, or if it > was, didn't get enact...

how to remove print option in a particular excel file
how to remove print option in a particular excel file You can do this Copy this event in the Thisworkbook module Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Cancel = True End Sub If you want to remove the print icon post back -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "excel" <excel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7859E37-2534-4E83-8F71-B9C3CF5C37BA@microsoft.com... > how to remove print option in a particular excel file ...

Removing Synchronised Contacts
We've a number of client pcs that have been installed with the Outlook Client pointing to a user acceptance test (UAT) system. The Outlook client has synchronized CRM contacts into their Outlook Contacts folder. How can we remove the UAT contacts? I tried to do a Find in Outlook to find the CRM specific contacts, but you don't seem to be able to find the CRM user defined fields? Strange. Any thoughts? You can see the custom CRM fields on an contact view. Choose a contact view that lists the records in a table form, such as 'Phone List'. Then, choose to customize ...

Conditional Page Footer?
Hello, To update the data of the members per household/family, I have created a report will be used as a letter to update the data of the members.l As a page footer I have a closing sentence. But it could happen that the family members are many, and can not accomodate in 1 page. How can I make a page footer if more than 1 page, there is no page footer in this page and it goes to the next page with the family member data, and page footer. Thanks very much for any idea provided. -- H. Frank Situmorang Lets call your control MyTxt. So long as your report is grouped you can put this code...