reference number #2

---------------------------------
Where does the information in the "reference number" field in the
transaction table come from?  I see tranactions with reference numbers -
the first part of which appears to be the year, month and day - but I
can't figure out the second part.  It is nothing that we have
intentionally entered while ringing out the customer.  Pls help.

-Tracey

Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/
Tax and Accounting Software Forums
microsoft.public.pos - 37552 messages and counting!
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Use Shift-F9: Details to add Reference Number and Comments.

"salemt" wrote:

> ---------------------------------
> Where does the information in the "reference number" field in the
> transaction table come from?  I see tranactions with reference numbers -
> the first part of which appears to be the year, month and day - but I
> can't figure out the second part.  It is nothing that we have
> intentionally entered while ringing out the customer.  Pls help.
>
> -Tracey
>

> ##-----------------------------------------------##
> Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/
> Tax and Accounting Software Forums
> Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup -
> microsoft.public.pos - 37552 messages and counting!
> ##-----------------------------------------------##

0
MattHurst (182)
5/25/2009 2:21:01 PM
salemt had written this in response to
http://www.rockryno.com/point-of-sale/reference-number-37963-.htm  :

what if you didnt do this?  what if you didnt hit shift FP and add?  does
the system ever automatically assign these numbers.  if i look at some of
the most recent transactions with reference numbers they appear to be
transactions that could be suspicious in nature.

for instance, there's 3 transactions in a row for $11.61.  one for cash
purcahse.  one for credit purchase.  and then refund for cash purchase.
the last one - the one for refund - has a reference number.  as i said,
the first part is the date.  but i cant figure out the second part.  it is
totally unrelated.

in another instance, there's transaction with a reference number that
immediatly follows a no sale.

just doesnt make sense.  again, its nothing that we've entered.

-------------------------------------
salemt wrote:

> ---------------------------------
> Where does the information in the "reference number" field in
> the
> transaction table come from?  I see tranactions with reference numbers
> -
> the first part of which appears to be the year, month and day - but I
> can't figure out the second part.  It is nothing that we have
> intentionally entered while ringing out the customer.  Pls help.

> -Tracey

> ##-----------------------------------------------##
> Newsgroup Access Courtesy
> http://www.rockryno.com/
> Tax and Accounting Software Forums
> Web and RSS access
> to your favorite newsgroup -
> microsoft.public.pos - 37552 messages and
> counting!
> ##-----------------------------------------------##

Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/
Tax and Accounting Software Forums
microsoft.public.pos - 37555 messages and counting!
transactions don't enter themselves.  Check with the cashier typing the sales
and see what they are doing.

"salemt" wrote:

> ---------------------------------
> Where does the information in the "reference number" field in the
> transaction table come from?  I see tranactions with reference numbers -
> the first part of which appears to be the year, month and day - but I
> can't figure out the second part.  It is nothing that we have
> intentionally entered while ringing out the customer.  Pls help.
>
> -Tracey
>

> ##-----------------------------------------------##
> Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/
> Tax and Accounting Software Forums
> Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup -
> microsoft.public.pos - 37552 messages and counting!
> ##-----------------------------------------------##

0
MattHurst (182)
5/25/2009 9:53:01 PM
salemt had written this in response to
http://www.rockryno.com/point-of-sale/RE-reference-number-37967-.htm  :

i was the one who entered the 11.61 transactions.  i didnt enter anything
under the f9 field.  any other ideas?
-------------------------------------
=?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBIdXJzdA==?= wrote:

> transactions don't enter themselves.  Check with the cashier typing the
> sales
> and see what they are doing.

> "salemt" wrote:

>> ---------------------------------
>> Where does the information in the "reference number"
>> field in the
>> transaction table come from?  I see tranactions with reference
>> numbers -
>> the first part of which appears to be the year, month and day -
>> but I
>> can't figure out the second part.  It is nothing that we have
>> intentionally entered while ringing out the customer.  Pls help.
>>
>> -Tracey
>>

>> ##-----------------------------------------------##
>> Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/
>> Tax and Accounting Software Forums
>> Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup -
>> microsoft.public.pos - 37552 messages and counting!
>> ##-----------------------------------------------##

Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/
Tax and Accounting Software Forums
microsoft.public.pos - 37557 messages and counting!
Do you have any special addons?
Try doing a test transaction and press Shift+F9 and see if there is anything
in the Reference number box by default.
Then post the transaction and look at the table.

"salemt" wrote:

> salemt had written this in response to
> http://www.rockryno.com/point-of-sale/RE-reference-number-37967-.htm  :
>
> i was the one who entered the 11.61 transactions.  i didnt enter anything
> under the f9 field.  any other ideas?
> -------------------------------------
> =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBIdXJzdA==?= wrote:
>
> > transactions don't enter themselves.  Check with the cashier typing the
> > sales
> > and see what they are doing.
>
> > "salemt" wrote:
>

> >> ---------------------------------
> >> Where does the information in the "reference number"
> >> field in the
> >> transaction table come from?  I see tranactions with reference
> >> numbers -
> >> the first part of which appears to be the year, month and day -
> >> but I
> >> can't figure out the second part.  It is nothing that we have
> >> intentionally entered while ringing out the customer.  Pls help.
> >>
> >> -Tracey
> >>

> >> ##-----------------------------------------------##
> >> Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/
> >> Tax and Accounting Software Forums
> >> Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup -
> >> microsoft.public.pos - 37552 messages and counting!
> >> ##-----------------------------------------------##
> >>

> ##-----------------------------------------------##
> Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/
> Tax and Accounting Software Forums
> Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup -
> microsoft.public.pos - 37557 messages and counting!
> ##-----------------------------------------------##

0
Ltd (4)
5/26/2009 2:38:03 PM
No add-on's.  I tired to recreate many different ways.  But nothing.

The original journal sequence was...

recalled transaction on hold.  clicked delete for each item in the hold
bringing total sale to zero.  hit no sale.

scanned new item for new customer.  cashed out this new sale and paid with
gift card.

The transaction with the gift card is the one that shows a reference nubmer
on the transaction table query.  Reference number is - 2009020115415.  The
first part is the date.  Feb 1, 2009.  But I cant figure out the 15415.  Not
tied to anything obvious.  Not to gift card number, gift card auth.

And, not all transactions with gift cards have reference number.  Can you
think of anything?  Cash register company has no idea.

"Robert Armstrong - RMS Ltd" wrote:

> Do you have any special addons?
> Try doing a test transaction and press Shift+F9 and see if there is anything
> in the Reference number box by default.
> Then post the transaction and look at the table.
>

> "salemt" wrote:
>
> > salemt had written this in response to
> > http://www.rockryno.com/point-of-sale/RE-reference-number-37967-.htm  :
> >
> > i was the one who entered the 11.61 transactions.  i didnt enter anything
> > under the f9 field.  any other ideas?
> > -------------------------------------
> > =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBIdXJzdA==?= wrote:
> >
> > > transactions don't enter themselves.  Check with the cashier typing the
> > > sales
> > > and see what they are doing.

> > ##-----------------------------------------------##
> > Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/
> > Tax and Accounting Software Forums
> > Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup -
> > microsoft.public.pos - 37557 messages and counting!
> > ##-----------------------------------------------##

0
Tracey (42)
5/26/2009 6:30:02 PM
The whole thing is a date time stamp the last part being the time.
Could the date time correspond to the original transction you recalled?

Robert

"Tracey" wrote:

> No add-on's.  I tired to recreate many different ways.  But nothing.
>
> The original journal sequence was...
>
> recalled transaction on hold.  clicked delete for each item in the hold
> bringing total sale to zero.  hit no sale.
>
> scanned new item for new customer.  cashed out this new sale and paid with
> gift card.
>
> The transaction with the gift card is the one that shows a reference nubmer
> on the transaction table query.  Reference number is - 2009020115415.  The
> first part is the date.  Feb 1, 2009.  But I cant figure out the 15415.  Not
> tied to anything obvious.  Not to gift card number, gift card auth.
>
> And, not all transactions with gift cards have reference number.  Can you
> think of anything?  Cash register company has no idea.
>

> "Robert Armstrong - RMS Ltd" wrote:
>
> > Do you have any special addons?
> > Try doing a test transaction and press Shift+F9 and see if there is anything
> > in the Reference number box by default.
> > Then post the transaction and look at the table.
> >

> > "salemt" wrote:
> >
> > > salemt had written this in response to
> > > http://www.rockryno.com/point-of-sale/RE-reference-number-37967-.htm  :
> > >
> > > i was the one who entered the 11.61 transactions.  i didnt enter anything
> > > under the f9 field.  any other ideas?
> > > -------------------------------------

> > > ##-----------------------------------------------##
> > > Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/
> > > Tax and Accounting Software Forums
> > > Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup -
> > > microsoft.public.pos - 37557 messages and counting!
> > > ##-----------------------------------------------##

Cell Value as Named Range Reference
Little bit of a quirky question... Trying to use a cell value as a reference in a formula, where that cell value is the name of a named range. So, assume A1:A3 is a named range: Rng1. And, B1:B3 is Rng2. I want to get the correlation vale for A1:A3 and B1:B3 So, cell D1 contains "Rng1" and D2 has "Rng2"; and cell D3 has the formula: =correl(D1,D2). But I get an error. Have also tried using Indirect to no avail. Any help would be hugely appreciated. Thank you. =CORREL(INDIRECT(D1),INDIRECT(D2)) -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "ste...

Resetting report page numbers
Hi, I followed the instructions below on how to set the starting page number of a report. However, the page number is now appearing as a static number on my report (ie. I want the 3-page report to start at page 6..but every page now reads page 6 instead of page 6, page 7, page 8)...what did I do wrong? Thanks, Yvette INSTRUCTIONS FROM MICROSOFT: Do one of the following: If the page number is located in the page header (page header: Used to display a title, column headings, dates, or page numbers at the top of every page in a form or report. In a form, the page header appears only wh...

Need to reference a block of cells from another sheet.
Dear All, apologies if this is probably a mundane question, but I didn't know what 'search terms' to put in google to return any results.. I've got a Spreadsheet with 12 tabs (sheets), I need part of tab 12 (sheet) to appear on tabs 1-11 (sheets), so that if I change data in tab 12 (sheet), tabs 1-11 (sheets) are changed too.. the cells themselves will never move location, just the data within them.. Is it possible? Regards Paul. On your sheet1 select the cell that should receive the data from Sheet12; Hold down the Shift key and Click on Sheet11 << this shoul...

I need to increase a number which is held in a cell by 1
How do i increase a cell which has a number in it, eg, cell a8 has 4 i want to run a If statment that looks at another cell and if true i want cell a8 to increse to 5 You need VBA. The code is simple in itself (Range("A1").Value = Range("A1").Value + 1), but what will trigger the addition to happen. -- HTH ------- Bob Phillips "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:106609F3-2295-4FDC-8ED2-CA9E29D2FA3B@microsoft.com... > How do i increase a cell which has a number in it, eg, cell a8 has 4 > i want to run a If sta...

number of fields exceeds 256 when importing from a dbf file
Hey evryone, I'm having a small problem with importing some old data from a FileMaker Pro database. According to what I found out in the groups archive the best bet is to convert it to a dbf file and then import it. However, I the number of fields in the dbf file exceeds 256, so the import wizard truncates the import at field number 256. I would now want to spread the data over two sheets. However, in the process of converting it to a dbf, quite a few of the field names get truncated and therefore have the same name, so I can't use SQL to retrieve them. My question is: what i...

Need function to return numbers at beginning of text
I have a column of cells that contain an id and description in one column. I need a formula that will give me only the id. The id can be either 4 or 5 numbers. Some can be followed by a letter and some can be followed by a dash and then a number. What they all have in common is that the id is followed by a space and then the description. So, the =LEFT formula will not work. I need on that can give me all characters before the space regardless of whether that's after the first 5 characters or after 7 or 8 or however many there are before the space. Anyone know of such...

how do i put a power to a number?
i dont know how to raise a number to any power . will some1 pla help me thanx ^ is the power operator, like in =A1^3 -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "help needed" <help needed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4647457-AD06-492D-B854-2EA65B7DC671@microsoft.com... >i dont know how to raise a number to any power . > will some1 pla help me > > thanx Search XL help for 'exponentiation' (w/o the quotes). One of the suggested topics will be 'About calculation operators' and the subtopic 'Types of operato...

refering to a name range area as a reference value multiple times on a worksheet at different locations
i was wondering if i had posted this in the right section as it could apply to both please could you take a look at the following post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_thread/thread/f088a5737dd26570 thank you Is there some reason you can't post your question here instead of asking us to look elsewhere? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Blinds Nottingham" <bradrail.blinds.awnings@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:d8768e43-e035-45eb-856a-0ccdc843441d@g1g2000yqi.googlegroup...

Converting Leads #2
When we convert leads and choose disqualify as the option, we get a drop down with a few selections (lost, canceled, etc.) Can we control this drop down to add more reasons to the field? If so, how do i go about making that change? Thanks Tiffany On May 13, 5:55=A0am, Tiffany <Tiff...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When we convert leads and choose disqualify as the option, we get a drop = down > with a few selections (lost, canceled, etc.) > > Can we control this drop down to add more reasons to the field? > If so, how do i go about making that change? > > T...

What is IVA# in Distribution Reference and Reference?
We did an inventory adjustment and now we get a unknown amount in Debit under the Inventory account and Credit for COGS account in the Transaction Entry Zoom. We're trying to figure out where that amount came from but we couldn't zoom more than what it's currently shown. In both fields, Reference and Distribution Reference, it's shown IVA#######... that is unknown to or setup by us in anywhere, i.e. Audit Trail, Source Document. Does this amount affect the dollar in the accounts mentioned? And can anyone please help to where we could drill down the IVA details?...

Custom Number Formats #2
How do I create a custom number format to return thousands e.g. if the value is 1000 the format shows 1 Under Format -> Cells in the Custom format box type #, (make sure you put the comma in). This will only show the thousands part, note that it will round numbers like 2598 up to 3 instead of 2. Andrea Jones http://www.allaboutoffice.co.uk http://www.stratatraining.co.uk http://www.allaboutclait.com "Mary Ann" wrote: > How do I create a custom number format to return thousands e.g. if the value > is 1000 the format shows 1 Try this custom number format: 0, Or: ...

Date Formula #2
I am trying to write a formula that works off what is in two separate cells. It has several parts and maybe not all of them can be done. It would be great if someone could help me out. Here goes. If A2 & A3 each have a "N" in it then I want cell A5 to show today's date plus 20 weeks. However, if only 1 of the cells A2 or A3 has a "N" in I still want A5 to show today's date plus 20 weeks. Can this also be done? If both A2 & A3 have "Y" in them then I want A5 to freeze with the date last show when 1 of the two cells had a "N" it ...

macro button refers to prev. workbook?
Hi, When I create a macro in Excel, and assign a button to it, it works fine the first time, but when I re-open the workbook for a second time, and try to run the macro again, the macro seems to refer to the previous workbook...For some reason, the macro saves the name of the previous workbook... Sub test() ' Dim name As String Dim adress As String Sheets("sheet1").Select Range("A1").Select name = ActiveSheet.Range("B6").Value adress = ActiveSheet.Range("B4").Value ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\Temp...

The number of new home buyers slipped for the fourth consecutive month as the red-hot housing market began to cool amid rising mortgage rates and the biggest home price increase in 17 years, say repor
The number of new home buyers slipped for the fourth consecutive month as the red-hot housing market began to cool amid rising mortgage rates and the biggest home price increase in 17 years, say reports issued Thursday.Both Statistics Canada and the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corp. released details on the national housing market that show rocketing prices, especially in booming Western Canada. Statistics Canada said new housing price index rose 1.2 per cent in April to 138.2, the biggest month-to-month jump in 17 years. Visit www.canadianhomemortgages.com for more info and save your money. ...

Column and Row reference
How do i hide the column and row reference number in a sheet, when viewing the worksheet i do not to show the top and right hand side references Dave Tools>Options>View. Uncheck "row and column headers". Good idea to spend a few minutes browsing through the various Tools>Options tabs to see what else is available to toggle on/off. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:53:02 -0700, "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do i hide the column and row reference number in a sheet, when viewing the worksheet i do not to show the top an...

Summing a group of numbers
Awhile back I could hold down the right mouse button and select a group of numbers. The sum of these numbers would show on the bottom of the page. I have lost the ability to do this. Is there a way to get it back? See your other post. "Barbie Da" <BarbieDa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D02A2CF6-85AF-45CC-AE4F-8F3D4610233A@microsoft.com... > Awhile back I could hold down the right mouse button and select a group of > numbers. The sum of these numbers would show on the bottom of the page. > I > have lost the ability to do this. Is ther...

Outlook XP on windows 2000 #2
Hi, I am using the following version of Outlook "Microsoft Outlook 2002 (10.4510.4219) SP2" on Windows 2000. The problem I am having the name resolution from the address book is very slow or freezes and I have tried all possible ways to fix with no avail, is this a know issue. Can anyone provide me with a resolution. Appreciate any help... Thanks, Sathish. ...

2-Sided Printing: HP Photosmart D7300 Series. Right edge of image clipped off, won't allow manual feed
We are wasting tons of paper trying to print a "booklet" 2 sided. Printer: HP Photosmart D7300 Paper 8.5x11 Booklet 5.5 x 8.5 Printer set at landscape Ran 2-side configuration wizard. Did all paper feeds (numbers and circles) When attempting to print, right side is clipped off No prompts appear to turn paper over. When printer is set to BORDERLESS, the full right side of image appears, but left side of page is trimmed off. "fit image to paper" option vanishes. Is there a way to do this? Thank you. ...

Auto Numbering
I'm trying to set-up an invoice using thr Sales invoice template on excel, is there any way that, every time you open the invoice worksheet that it auotmatically count's up 1 Below is a post I found by Frank Kabel. It might be just what you need: **** one way (using the Windows registry for storing the last number). Put the following code in the workbook module (not in a standard module) of your template: - It changes cell A1 of the first sheet - you may change the key identifiert according to your needs (e.g. DEFAULTSTART, MYLOCATION, etc.) Private Sub Workbook_Open() Cons...

Missing References
I had a problem today with a missing reference - Microsoft Forms 2 on a colleague's machine at work (Office 2003; VBA 6.5; XP). I've read Chip Pearson's "Missing References in VBA" which is a geat explanation about how to fix problems like this. Oddly the library didn't seem to be flagged as "missing" and was in fact present in the system32 directory but didn't show up in the list of available references. Now to the questions: I'm not clear on whether if I write code in a project that references a library which is not part of the &qu...

Reference
Is it possible to create a reference to another object such as: int & x = i; but using an image list, and referencing different objects depending on a condition? such as : CImageList & imageList; if (thumbnail == 1) imageList = m_ImageListThumb; else imageList = m_ImageListFullSize; Hope this makes sense! Ben You're better off using pointers for this. I believe, depending on the class, that what you're trying to will make a copy of the object instead of referencing it. "Ben Williamson" <oakdaleclose@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:43ee4603...

PAYROLL QUESTION #2
WHERE CAN I FIND A TEMPLATE FOR PAYROLL WITH CORRECT TAX DEDUCTIONS OF THE CURRENT YEAR? You can use Google to search for Excel Payroll Templates. I would guess that the most useful templates will not necessarily have this year's data, but will allow you to enter the tax rates yourself. If you need specific help, it would probably be useful to indicate which country, state/province/taxing district you're looking for. Please also turn off your CAPS LOCK. It makes your posts much more difficult to read, and is considered the equivalent of shouting in newsgroup etiquette. In ar...

Macro to Reference Column Next to Current Reference
Hi, I'd like to automate the following procedure using a macro. Please help. 1) i have 2 sheets: Sheet1 & Sheet2 2) In Sheet1, Cells B2,D2,F2 has the formulas "=Sheet2! F2", "=Sheet2!K2", "=Sheet2!P2" correspondingly. 3) Every month when i do my work, i'd have to manually rekey the formulas to reference the subsequent columns, ie, Cell B2,D2,F2 will change from above to "=Sheet2! G2", "=Sheet2!L2", "=Sheet2!Q2" and in the following month, I have to change manually again to "=Sheet2! H2", "=Sheet2!M2&qu...

Delete Rows #2
I would like to be able to delete a row with a name in it based on a cell with that name from another cell in a different worksheet. Any ideas? Thanks, Bernie Hi Bernie This example loop through row 1 - 100 on the activesheet and if the value in A is the same as in Sheets("Yoursheet").Range("A1").Value in delete the row Maybe you can use a Autofilter if you have many rows (faster) See this page for more info http://www.rondebruin.nl/delete.htm Sub Example2() Dim Lrow As Long Dim CalcMode As Long Dim ViewMode As Long Dim StartRow As Long Dim End...

Sheet Reference
Is there a formula for listing the current Sheet. I know about the filename cell("filename",A1) which returns the entire path, but I just want the Sheet name to appear. John, You still use the CELL("filename") function, but you need to trim the result a bit. Like this: =MID(CELL("filename"),FIND("]",CELL("filename"))+1,99) -- Ture Magnusson Microsoft MVP - Excel Karlstad, Sweden "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c6001c3a856$291c9a20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a formula for listing...