Recovering Deleted Items

A couple of items have been deleted out of our HQ database by mistake and
still exist on the store databases.
Transactions now show up in reports without any associated item details.
I'd like to reinsate the deleted items with the same ItemLookupCodes, but
this will only create new records with different ID's - and so they will not
match with the records at the store.
I suppose I could edit the relevant ids in the HQ Item table and HQ
ItemDynamic table, so that they have ids that match with the HQID on the
Store Database.
Has anyone tried to do this?
Are there other linked tables that ought to be corrected?
How do you disable 'delete' - on our system we have tried to disable it
using the security settings but it does not work? - (we are still on 1.2.0171
having not had time to rill out upgrades to all the stores)
0
DaveP (21)
8/11/2006 7:46:02 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Only if you have old backup...you can restore those deleted items....thru
enterprise Manager..it's along walk...but much better if you get in touch
with your reseller...

"Dave P" wrote:

> A couple of items have been deleted out of our HQ database by mistake and
> still exist on the store databases.
> Transactions now show up in reports without any associated item details.
> I'd like to reinsate the deleted items with the same ItemLookupCodes, but
> this will only create new records with different ID's - and so they will not
> match with the records at the store.
> I suppose I could edit the relevant ids in the HQ Item table and HQ
> ItemDynamic table, so that they have ids that match with the HQID on the
> Store Database.
> Has anyone tried to do this?
> Are there other linked tables that ought to be corrected?
> How do you disable 'delete' - on our system we have tried to disable it
> using the security settings but it does not work? - (we are still on 1.2.0171
> having not had time to rill out upgrades to all the stores)
0
GregDxb (160)

deleting info within a cell
I would like to delete ' and an s in a set of numbers within a cell how do you efficently do this through out a data set. (example 344'6s = 3446 in cell only) -- jkc Find ' and replace with blank, then again with the s jkc wrote: > I would like to delete ' and an s in a set of numbers within a cell how do > you efficently do this through out a data set. (example 344'6s = 3446 in > cell only) Hi, do you always have ' and s in your data if yes highlight the data, press CTRL H find what enter ', then in replace with don't enter...

outlook xp recovered data - from CD
I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp data from a failed hard drive: how do I move/copy/transfer the recovered Calendar, address book and contacts, personal folders, and emails from the data recovery CD to my existing Outlook folders? Where does that data reside on my new hard drive (windows xp pro oper system)? Would very much appreciate any help. Thanks. "kevinh" <kevin.hefner@aps.com> wrote in message news:0c7601c3b8f4$d417b3c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp > data from a failed hard drive: ho...

How do you recover a parameter?
Hello, I would like to execute an excel file, for example, with a file name file.xls zz.txt And afterwards, in that file, I would like to recover the name zz.txt. Could you please help me? Thanks. Dave, I'm not sure what you mean by "execute" the Excel file, or "recover the name." It sounds as though you want to make a txt file from the xls file. If so, you'll need to open it in Excel, then do File - Save As, with the file type set to txt. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- &...

Sent messages are not going to the SENT ITEMS folder
When I send messages in Outlook 2000, sent messages are not going into the Sent Items folder. I've got the check box set at Tools, Options, E-Mail Options, Save Copies of Sent Messages in Sent Items Folder. It seems it was working, but not for the past three days. Any ideas? I'm using Windows XP Home, Office 2000. hgfd ...

Recover live calendars?
Someone was helping me cleanup an old laptop and they deleted important calendars from my WLM. I have months worth of appointments and need some help/instructions. Thanks (I hope) Did you sign in to Live services in WLM? It will not say Sign in below the Close X if you are signed in. calendar.live.com will have the calendars that will sync back to WLM the next time you connect with WLM. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "nimbus" <nimbus@live.com> wrote in message news:CDFEEBEA-D031-4B0B-AECC-58F904E3E601@microsoft.com... > Someone was helping ...

HELP!!! Deleting all transactions
I get an error when I try to "delete all transactions" from the "Store" then "Database" menu. the error says "Could not truncate table "VitalAuthorization" becase table does not exist in database." If it's RMS, the table name is VisaNetAuthorizaion, not VitalAuthorization. <jjames@rmegroup.net> wrote in message news:1172177341.668792.19840@a75g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... >I get an error when I try to "delete all transactions" from the > "Store" then "Database" menu. the error says "Could ...

Cannot delete Sent Items #2
I can't delete some of the older files from my Sent Items folder. Basically everything dated 12/7/2004 and earlier will not delete. I get an error message that says "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." I've restarted and still get the same error. I even restarted the computer as well. Anybody got any ideas? thanks, Richard Are you able to right-click on an individual email and delete it? Have you tried opening Outlook in safe mode and then deleting the sent items: http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howt...

After catalog merge where items are different heights...
It would be nice if I could get the text boxes to 'autoflow' or snap together when I resize textboxes. In other words, after a catalog merge, some descriptions are shorter than others. So, when I go to one of the short descriptions and shrink the height of its textbox, I am left with a big gap. Any way to have the following textboxes snap up to the bottom of the previous textbox? This would seem to be a serious shortcoming of Publisher. In HTML, for instance, DIVs stack on top of each other. The other option would be to allow the catalog merge to spew the entire formatted conte...

Can't delete file in Outlook express outbox
I have a large email file in my outbox that won't send and I can' delete it -- PhoenixVP ----------------------------------------------------------------------- PhoenixVPC's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=468 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187101402 PhoenixVPC, you wrote on Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:46:14 -0500: > I have a large email file in my outbox that won't send and I can't > delete it. Close Outlook Express and search for the file "Outbox.dbx" on your system. Delete it an restart OE. Best Regards Christian Goeller -...

Deleting a transaction in Admin
Can someone tell me how to delete a transaction in the admin. Here's the story, employee helped a customer with a return and ended up oweing the customer money. Our policy is to give the return on a gift card. the employee forgot to add a gift card item and just swiped the card on the tender screen. Since that didn't work she just gave the customer cash back. Now my x report says that we accepted funds for on a gift card and my cash is short that amount. I would like to just delete the whole transaction and redo as if I was giving the customer cash back so all my numbers a...

Hiding Dbase 111 Records Marked for Deletion
I will be linking several Dbase 111 Tables into a MS Access 2003 Table. Can records that are marked for deletion be hidden? I would add a field for Archive - Yes/No. Bring the data in separately and those marked as 'Delete' set the Archive to Yes. In your queries use criteria on the Archive field. -- Build a little, test a little. "nevw" wrote: > I will be linking several Dbase 111 Tables into a MS Access 2003 Table. > Can records that are marked for deletion be hidden? > ...

Excel
I want to quickly delete unwanted rows from a file. I can use a custom filter to "hide" the unwanted rows, but I'd like to delete those rows. Any suggestions. Instead of hiding the unwanted rows, filter to show ONLY those rows. Then select and delete the visible rows. "rook" wrote: > I want to quickly delete unwanted rows from a file. I can use a custom > filter to "hide" the unwanted rows, but I'd like to delete those rows. > > Any suggestions. You need to choose a filter option which displays only the unwanted rows (i.e. the oppos...

Outlook Rules doesn't allow deletion.
Outlook Rule that I ask to permanently delete a message before I even view it says I don't have appropriate permissions to perform the task. I am the only user and am listed as administrator. I'm sure you've seen this before and I think I had it corrected .... once .... before I had to do a full factory recovery in past months. Would you be kind if you know the answer and direct me? Thanks a gazillion! XP Outlook 2003 on Toshiba Laptop using Student and Teacher Edition. Thanks, jack -- -- Jack da Shack ...

Recover !!
Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much for my system (like all windows updates) i uninstalled oulook then reinstalled the old version now i have none of my old emails and there not in my hotmail either and they were going into both, hotmail and my outlook ~ so can anyone help me? or is it lost forever What is the version of your old Outlook? Try to search *.pst file "Robin" <rwtsr1@msn.com> wrote in message news:cb4101c48a4c$21dfd000$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much > for my system (like all windows upda...

Recover Unsaved
I need help. Excel closed without saving what I was working on now I need to recover it.... You do not say how Excel closed or what version you are using. The later versions have an AutoRecover feature. If you closed Excel without saving the file, you may not be able to recover. -- Damon Longworth Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference Sept 16th and 17th Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas www.ExcelUserConference.com "Tori" <Tori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F64C96B-62FD-430D-A27A-DF00A9AA64D0@microsoft.com... >I need help. Exce...

Permanently delete recycle bin give more free space to the server?
Hi, I hav a server running NT Server with Exchange 5.5, and set 3 days to delete permanently all Deleted Items Folders. The info. on Private IS shows deleted items has been deleted. Why the free space on the server has not increase? Can I get more free space on the server by deleting permanently Deleted Items Folders? Thank you in advance. Deleting items from the database increases the amount of free space in the database, but does not shrink the DB file. Do do that , you have to take the daatabase offline and run eseutil... See http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchang...

Help! I accidentally deleted emails that I desperately need to recover... Any suggestions please?
Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? Many thanks! On 1/26/10 10:20 AM, in article C7847266.27FB9%gavin@kerner.com, "Gavin Wilding" <gavin@kerner.com> wrote: > Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? It depends on what you backed up. Without more details, we can't help. You can use Switch Identity to access data in a second Identity. -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> YouTalk <...

O/L 2007 deleting valid e-mails
"all of a sudden" (after an update?) my Outlook 2007 has been sending inward emails apparently at random to 'Deleted' rather than Inbox. In some cases EVEN IF it's from a trusted address or if it's a reply to an e-mail I've sent. I can trace no pattern as to why it does so. Junk Mail filter works 100% correctly, however, and Junk ends up in the right place. Any cure?? Previous thread was inconclusive. TIA Phil Harrison nosirrah;114164 Wrote: > "all of a sudden" (after an update?) my Outlook 2007 has been sending > inward ...

Deleting an exchange 2000 server
Hi All Does anyone have any thoughts on how to remove an Exchange 2000 server that doesnt exist from an Exchange ORG ? I know of a way to remove it using the ADSI EDit utlity... Expand Configuration (Server name)--> CN=configuration,DC=.example,DC=.COM--> CN=Services --> CN=Microsoft Exchange --> CN=Organization --> CN= Administrative Groups --> CN=(Name of the RG or Admin Grop) --> CN=Servers --> Rt. Click on the server which you wannna delete and delete it. Can I / Should I delete this server from the members in the routing group so no email gets routed to ...

Mail stuck in outbox, can't delete,won't send, retards send/rec.
I recently scanned 6 pages of text to e-mail, I was asked about the format, it was .bmp, a mistake as it then attached the .bmp to the e-mail taking 84 mb of memory. Once I noticed this after beginning send I attempted to abort the send. It stopped the send. Next I tried deleting, couldn't do that as the message appeared "can't open, Outlook has begun sending". Well, it really wasn't as I went to bed and awoke to find it still in my outbox. Tried sending again, same result. Next I tried to delete, no luck, tried dragging to delete folder, no luck. Right clic...

cannot delete text field
I have a shape group with a sub shape that displays one of the parent shapes custom properties via a custom formula field. I inadvertently added two of the fields so that now the data is displayed twice. When I right click on the extra field in the "Insert Field" dialog there is no drop down menu, just hitting the delete key does nothing. In the shape sheet when I select the corresponding row the delete option on the drop down menu is grayed out? How do I delete this field? Hey Guy don't abuse of the fresh beer when working on Visio (Dont be angry i'm jocking) If...

Recover junk mail
How can I recover all of my mail from the junk mail folder that I mistakenly just deleted? afaik...locally emptying or purging the junk mail folder is permanent in WLM(and also if using WLM for http access to a Hotmail account). If Pop3, access the web server holding the account to determine if the messages are present(ymmv) in the web Deleted folder. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Justin" <Justin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18654186-1254-4406-9DAF-22B213E775D4@microsoft.com... > How can I recover all of my mail from the junk mail fold...

Cannot delete public folder items while being folder owner
We are having this problem that seems to be a little weird.. A person having access as a publishing editor or even folder owner of our public folders (contacts, calendar, or tasks) cannot delete anything that was made more than a week ago. If someone creates a new item now then one of those people can manipulate it however they want.. But on an older entry only the administrator account can delete or change an entry.. Even people with ownership and editor rights cannot do it.. This is the annoying error an owner or someone with sufficient rights sees when trying to perform this task ...

when I delete messages or rss it asks me if I want to delete
when I delete messages or rss it asks me if I want to delete this is extreemly agravating I have looked but I don't see where I can disable this tools, options, other tab, advanced button - warn before deleting? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of ...

Recover
I set up my labtop for pop 3 mail. I like keeping almost all of my e-mails on the webmail server so I can refer to them. After I received the messages from my labtop, all the messages on my webmail were gone. I empytied the deleted items folder also on my labtop. Is there any kind of folder that they go to on the computer that's hidden before they e-mails are complety taken off the computer. Also is there a way to pull them off of the server again. The messages are gone, unless whoever provides your webmail has a way for you to get deleted messages back - ask them. In the fu...