Receiving POs and the Price Field

Guys,

I cannot make sense of the "Price" field on the PO receiving screen! Only
the "New Price" field seems to update the item price in the database. The
Price field seemingly has no functional purpose, yet it helps calculate the
Extended Price and is itself a calculated field! Can someone please help me
make sense of it? How is it meant to be used?

Thank you

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_00D1_01C92F8F.1C59B640

Tom,

Without looking Price is the current selling price, new price is what =
you want to start selling at.  Takes affect on receiving commitment.

--=20

Jeff=20
Check Point Software

Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w  (Stolen from DRS)
=3D=3D=3D

newsgroup reader to
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
=3D=3D=3D

  "Tom Bombadil" <Genius_Poster@Yahoo.com> wrote in message =
  Guys,

  I cannot make sense of the "Price" field on the PO receiving screen! =
Only=20
  the "New Price" field seems to update the item price in the database. =
The=20
  Price field seemingly has no functional purpose, yet it helps =
calculate the=20
  Extended Price and is itself a calculated field! Can someone please =
help me=20
  make sense of it? How is it meant to be used?

  Thank you=20

------=_NextPart_000_00D1_01C92F8F.1C59B640

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6001.18148" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 15px"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Tom,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Without looking Price is the current selling =
price, new=20
price is what you want to start selling at.&nbsp; Takes affect on =
receiving=20
commitment.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>Jeff <BR>Check Point Software</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Search this newsgroup -- <A=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w">http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w</A>&nbsp; =
(Stolen=20
from =
DRS)<BR>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
of=20
you are=20
Express.&nbsp;=20
on the=20
right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Tom Bombadil" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Genius_Poster@Yahoo.com">Genius_Poster@Yahoo.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
  message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:F0D55291-10FA-4E65-A5C0-98756C1544D3@microsoft.com">news:F0D=
55291-10FA-4E65-A5C0-98756C1544D3@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Guys,<BR><BR>=
I=20
  cannot make sense of the "Price" field on the PO receiving screen! =
Only=20
  <BR>the "New Price" field seems to update the item price in the =
database. The=20
  <BR>Price field seemingly has no functional purpose, yet it helps =
calculate=20
  the <BR>Extended Price and is itself a calculated field! Can someone =
please=20
  help me <BR>make sense of it? How is it meant to be used?<BR><BR>Thank =
you=20
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00D1_01C92F8F.1C59B640--

0
cptsoft (1248)

Receiving duplicate emails #5
I have WIN XP w/ Outlook 2003. I have my email set up but I seem to be reciving the same email after I get the initial one. Sometimes it will be an hour later other times it will be a few days and it will download the email like it is "unread" sometimes it will download 2-3 of the same messages. I have the option "leave message on server" selected so i can access my messages when i'm not home, but i don't think that should cause it to redownload the message again, should it? I also have "delete from server when deleted from trash" selected. Thanks for...

Proportion of Fields filled
Hi, How to calculate the percentage of filled fields by number of records in order to know what field has been most filled Thanks, Carla -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com So you want to show the percentage of records that have some value (any value) in a particular field? 1. Create a query. 2. Depress the Total button on the toolbar. Access adds a Total row to the design grid. 3. Drag the primary key field into the grid. In the Total row under this field, choose Count 4. Drag your other field(s) into the grid, choosing Count again. This gives you the count of all rec...

cannot create new fields in CRM
Hi There, we are having issue wher we can no longer add new attributes, we get the error message saying "An error has occoured, for more information contact your administrator." As far as we know we haven't done anything that could have caused it, we are running small business server 2003 and CRM version 3.0 Rgds, Kyaw is the System Customizer role deleted? if it is, add the role back using the script found here: http://groups.google.com.sg/group/microsoft.public.crm.developer/browse_thread/thread/826a19aab8ff173a/80d124150a51875c?lnk=st&q=mscrm+customizer+role+de...

Forwarding reply received without it including original mail sent
How do I forward the reply mail received without it including the original text sent in the first place?? ...

calculating multiple fields in an unbound text box
I have a report based on a query that links 2 tables by the field "Type". Each tiype in the one table has a minimum price. The other table has the type and actual sales prices in four different fields of which only one is used in the calculations. I am calculating the difference between actual selling price and minimum price. the problem I am having is that although the minimum price is always desplayed for the type, the calculation does not work for the different fields. If the first field is null, then the next 3 fields should be checked. The other fields may or may not be ...

Comparing Quicksell 2000 and Microsoft POS
I have been using quicksell 2000. I had installed trial version of MS POS and one thing that I need most for wine store is Matrix item types and parent/child options for beer - 6pk/12pk. Also a box for selecting the " size " option in the item sections. Where do I find or activate all these 3 options. I'm not sure what you mean by "Size" option, but MS POS does not support any advanced item or transaction types. To keep these functions you need to select MS RMS instead. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ----------...

Need formula to calculate List Price.
Need help with an excel formula to figure out the list price. I was given the discount (%) and my net price but I want to figure out what was the origin list price before the discount was applied. I have following cells which have the data I need to look at to get final cost. A10 - Contains the net price (my price) B10 - Contains my discount (%) C10 - Where I want the list price to appear (price before discount was applied) I need a formula that will calculate what amount my discount was based on (list price). One way: =A10/(1-B10) -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------...

Help about numeric type field. Thanks.

new, reply, forward are grayed out; can receive but not send
I have a new laptop,setting up email; send/receive button works but all others are grayed out.Already checked w/ isp about authentication/password issues; they were little help, just confirmed that I had everything entered correctly. all others are grayed out What "Others?" --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, chris asked: | I have a new laptop,setting up email; send/re...

OLE field on form
How do I get an ole field on a form to display full frame. At the moment, all I can get it to do is show a small (and rather blocky) verion of a .bmp file, with the file name underneath. It won't display .jpg at all - only the file name. I've played with this for a while now. "Paul Doree" <PaulDoree@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > How do I get an ole field on a form to display full frame. > At the moment, all I can get it to do is show a small (and > rather blocky) verion of a .bmp file, with the file name > underneath. It won...

attachments not received or in winmail
For some reason people do not always receiving my attachments or they are receiving attachments in a unreadable winmail.dat format. any ideas? i'm using outlook 2000. jane <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > For some reason people do not always receiving my > attachments or they are receiving attachments in a > unreadable winmail.dat format. any ideas? i'm using > outlook 2000. Don't use Rich Text, which is specific to Outlook. Use plain text or HTML format. -- Brian Tillman All... I have a similiar issue. We are using Exchange 2000, SP3....

To many fields defined error message
I am currently using access 2003 and when I am attempting to bring multiple queries together into one... I am getting a To many fields defind error message. Below is my SQL that I currently have. I am going to want to add another 30 fields from 3 other queries to this one as well. SELECT [Employee Hierarchy - Current Month].[Performance Year], [Employee Hierarchy - Current Month].[Performance Month], [Employee Hierarchy - Current Month].ATTUID, [Employee Hierarchy - Current Month].Skill, [Employee Hierarchy - Current Month].Ramp, [TC-All-Weeks].[TC-Week1-Step2].[Trans and Co...

can receive emails but can not open them with outlook 2000
I can receive emails but can not open them with outlook 2000. I searched extensively on web and on google, however i couldn't find any possible solution. If any body knows about this issue and the solution pleaseeee tell me. Archana ...

Convert from Excel and change field to Autonumber
Hi, I have an Excel file which I have opened in Access to create an access table which is fine. I am now quickly going through the fields to tweak them to what they should be but the Excel file was created from a Lotus Approach database that had a field which was autonumber. Obviously when I try to change the field in the Access database it tells me that it can not do this as there is data in the table. What is the proper procedure to do this and either make the field an autonumber field during conversion or after? -- Dan Pickard ----------------------------- Powerful Windows 2003 ...

How to un-concatenate a field with full name
I have a filed called "Contact" that has the full first and last name - is there a way to break this field into 2 fields - "first name", 'last name" ??? How do you find where to split the field? Thanks Take a look at "InStr" function in vba -- sam "Patricia" wrote: > I have a filed called "Contact" that has the full first and last name - is > there a way to break this field into 2 fields - "first name", 'last name" ??? > How do you find where to split the field? > > Thanks Patricia GOOD ...

What exactly is "frequently-used text fields" looking in?
Gurus, Running Outlook 2003. When you do an "Advanced Find" anywhere in the Folder Tree you get three choices at the top underneath "Search for words" subject field only subject field and message body frequently-used text fields What exactly is "frequently-used text fields" looking in? -- Spin it depends on the item type you are searching for. In contacts, it's name and address and notes field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/...

Outlook Send/receive asks for Smart card.
Using W7 with Office 2003. Send and receive worked great to get to ATT but then I set -up Remote Desktop Connection to get to my office TS Gateway with a smart card. Now every time I do Send and Receive on Outlook, a pop-up window tells me to insert smart card. How do I get it to stop? Even willing to stop using connection to office but I can't figure out how to remove the smart card configuration. ...

What does the "Send/Receive" button on my toolbar actually do?
There is a "Send/"Receive" button on my Outlook 2003 toolbar. When I point at it with the mouse, a menu drops down with items including Send/Receive All F9 This Folder (Microsoft Exchange Server) Shift + F9 Send All 1 "All Accounts" Group 2 "Microsoft Exchange Server" Only and others . . . In simple terms, please, what does all this mean? What does this "Send/Receive" button actually do? "cfb209" <cfb209@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F136C90-DFC1-47A1-BABB-3E075BD29751@microsoft.com... > There is a "...

Cannot send or receive email / Intermittent evey 3 days / ok if re
Hi everyone, I have a standard edition 2K3 exchange on 2K3 standard edition. The mail boxes (on one store) were move from 2K exchange. I had no problem for a long while. But suddenly, it seems that I cannot send or receive any email. When this happen, I cannot restart the smtp service (it does stop, it does not restart), I have to reboot...then everythig is fine. This happens every 3-4 days. The even log does not show anything. Does anyone have an idea of how to track the problem? The server does not run anything special beside SAV Enterprise edition... How much free space is on the ...

Numeric Field Overflow Error
Hello, I have a table in my database that is liked to an excel file. The data type of every field of the linked table is 'text'. I have created another table that I will append the information to via an append query. This secondary table has the same fields and the same data types - all 'text'. When I try to run the append query, it may work one time and then error out saying, "Numeric Field Overflow." My question is - How do I fix this error so that the query will run consistently? Why does it sometimes append and othertimes give me the 'Num...

group/sort on 2 fields w/ same value
I need to have my report group/sort multiple records based on two different fields having the same value. It's ticketing system and there is a Primary and Secondary individual assigned to each ticket. I'm trying to build a report that will group and list all records where an individual is listed as EITHER the Primary OR Secondary. This will, obviously, end up listing some ticket records twice and that is okay and what I need (listed once under the Primary resource and again under the Secondary resource). Help? Have a main form and 2 subforms. The primary and secondary would ...

Calculated field in pivot table #4
I'm running Excel 2002. I'm unable to create a calculated field in a pivot table. I right-clicked on a cell in the table but I don't get the "Insert Calculated Field" window on my drop-down list. Do I need an Add-On? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any help. On the PivotTable toolbar, choose PivotTable>Formulas>Calculated Field Dan wrote: > I'm running Excel 2002. I'm unable to create a calculated field in a pivot > table. I right-clicked on a cell in the table but I don't get the "Insert > Calculated Field" window on my ...

Receiving Spam From my own account
I continue to get the same spam email a few times a day that is from my own email address (uses my own email address in the FROM:). Is this a virus, an Outlook problem or some new kind of SPAM method? Norton Anti-Virus hasn't found any virus so what is going on here? its a new way to spam and get past filters. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.c...

IF field tags in Publisher?
I would like to be able to insert specific text, using IF/THEN statements within Publisher, based on the content of merged data. In other words, if the field "apples" in a merged data source says "red" I want my Publisher document to print "You're lucky your apples aren't green!", or if the "apples" field says "green" then I want it to print "How about them apples!". You get the idea. I think this is possible using mail merge in Word, with the IF field tag. Is this possible in Publisher? Thanks! ...

Set form field on double click
I am using MS Access 2003. I have a continuous form that is run off of a query "srbScientific Review". The query's criteria is set to [Enter Last Name] in the LastName field. That part works fine. I get my continuous form that shows LastName, DocID, and Title of Document. I would like to double click on the DocID and have the following happen: 1. Open another form "publications" 2. Set the SRBId field to the DocId field that I double clicked on. PLEASE help. I think I need to bookmark, clone.... I'm very confused. As a kick in the right ...