receipt format #3

when i print my receipts, it prints with some extra space at the top and
bottom about an inch. it also shows the vat analysis, again there is some
space between the part that show the change and where the analysis starts
there is space. Why is that so, i would like to take some of that space out ,
is it possible what to do.
0
Andaiye (27)
8/4/2008 2:09:03 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Did you try changing the top and bottom margins?

"Andaiye" wrote:

> when i print my receipts, it prints with some extra space at the top and
> bottom about an inch. it also shows the vat analysis, again there is some
> space between the part that show the change and where the analysis starts
> there is space. Why is that so, i would like to take some of that space out ,
> is it possible what to do.
Hi Andaiye

If you go into the receipt properties you can select a variety of options
for your receipt layout to show/hide.

Go to SO Manager - Database/Registers/Receipt Format
Select your receipt and click properties
Select the receipt type  eg. sales and click properties
On the left side of the screen you can see a list of different options you
can reset including the margins here.

Hope this helps
--
Jenny

"stillbreathing" wrote:

> Did you try changing the top and bottom margins?
>
> "Andaiye" wrote:
>
> > when i print my receipts, it prints with some extra space at the top and
> > bottom about an inch. it also shows the vat analysis, again there is some
> > space between the part that show the change and where the analysis starts
> > there is space. Why is that so, i would like to take some of that space out ,
> > is it possible what to do.
0
jennydat (72)
8/6/2008 3:30:02 PM
the margin is presently at 0 i chaned it to 1 and then to 2 but nothing
happened, it still has about an inch space in it. :(

"jennydat" wrote:

> Hi Andaiye
>
> If you go into the receipt properties you can select a variety of options
> for your receipt layout to show/hide.
>
> Go to SO Manager - Database/Registers/Receipt Format
> Select your receipt and click properties
> Select the receipt type  eg. sales and click properties
> On the left side of the screen you can see a list of different options you
> can reset including the margins here.
>
> Hope this helps
> --
> Jenny
>

> "stillbreathing" wrote:
>
> > Did you try changing the top and bottom margins?
> >
> > "Andaiye" wrote:
> >
> > > when i print my receipts, it prints with some extra space at the top and
> > > bottom about an inch. it also shows the vat analysis, again there is some
> > > space between the part that show the change and where the analysis starts
> > > there is space. Why is that so, i would like to take some of that space out ,
> > > is it possible what to do.
0
Andaiye (27)
8/8/2008 3:17:02 PM
Hi Andaiye

Check out the actual receipt format.
It shoud be in c:\program files\Microsoft Dynamics RMS\Store
Operations\Receipts
Select your template and open it as a notepad file.
On the top it should display the following lines:

   <SET name="ReceiptCount" custom="true" description="Receipt Count"
type="vbLong">  1  </SET>
   <SET name="PaperWidth" custom="true" description="Paper Width"
type="vbdouble">    2.75 </SET>
   <SET name="PaperHeight" custom="true" description="Paper Height"
type="vbdouble">   11.00 </SET>
   <SET name="MarginLeft" custom="true" description="Margin Left"
type="vbdouble">    0    </SET>
   <SET name="MarginRight" custom="true" description="Margin Right"
type="vbdouble">    0    </SET>
   <SET name="MarginTop" custom="true" description="Margin Top"
type="vbdouble">    0    </SET>
   <SET name="MarginBottom" custom="true" description="Margin Bottom"
type="vbdouble">    0    </SET>

This will show you your 'actual' document settings.
You can change them here but if you do be sure to save it as a .xml file.

--
Jenny

"Andaiye" wrote:

> the margin is presently at 0 i chaned it to 1 and then to 2 but nothing
> happened, it still has about an inch space in it. :(
>
> "jennydat" wrote:
>
> > Hi Andaiye
> >
> > If you go into the receipt properties you can select a variety of options
> > for your receipt layout to show/hide.
> >
> > Go to SO Manager - Database/Registers/Receipt Format
> > Select your receipt and click properties
> > Select the receipt type  eg. sales and click properties
> > On the left side of the screen you can see a list of different options you
> > can reset including the margins here.
> >
> > Hope this helps
> > --
> > Jenny
> >

> > "stillbreathing" wrote:
> >
> > > Did you try changing the top and bottom margins?

0
jennydat (72)
8/8/2008 3:31:03 PM
Are you using windows or OPOS drivers? If OPOS you won't be able to change
it. OPOS works great but is VERY limited as to what configurations you have
control over.
Craig

"jennydat" <jennydat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Andaiye
>
> Check out the actual receipt format.
> It shoud be in c:\program files\Microsoft Dynamics RMS\Store
> Operations\Receipts
> Select your template and open it as a notepad file.
> On the top it should display the following lines:
>
>   <SET name="ReceiptCount" custom="true" description="Receipt Count"
> type="vbLong">  1  </SET>
>   <SET name="PaperWidth" custom="true" description="Paper Width"
> type="vbdouble">    2.75 </SET>
>   <SET name="PaperHeight" custom="true" description="Paper Height"
> type="vbdouble">   11.00 </SET>
>   <SET name="MarginLeft" custom="true" description="Margin Left"
> type="vbdouble">    0    </SET>
>   <SET name="MarginRight" custom="true" description="Margin Right"
> type="vbdouble">    0    </SET>
>   <SET name="MarginTop" custom="true" description="Margin Top"
> type="vbdouble">    0    </SET>
>   <SET name="MarginBottom" custom="true" description="Margin Bottom"
> type="vbdouble">    0    </SET>
>
> This will show you your 'actual' document settings.
> You can change them here but if you do be sure to save it as a .xml file.
>
> --
> Jenny
>

> "Andaiye" wrote:
>
>> the margin is presently at 0 i chaned it to 1 and then to 2 but nothing
>> happened, it still has about an inch space in it. :(
>>
>> "jennydat" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Andaiye
>> >
>> > If you go into the receipt properties you can select a variety of
>> > options
>> > for your receipt layout to show/hide.
>> >
>> > Go to SO Manager - Database/Registers/Receipt Format
>> > Select your receipt and click properties
>> > Select the receipt type  eg. sales and click properties
>> > On the left side of the screen you can see a list of different options
>> > you
>> > can reset including the margins here.
>> >
>> > Hope this helps
>> > --
>> > Jenny

0
craig6967 (916)
8/8/2008 3:50:08 PM
is there any way i can get to change this. i am using opos drivers. the
margins are already at 0 what do i change then to then.
"Craig" wrote:

> Are you using windows or OPOS drivers? If OPOS you won't be able to change
> it. OPOS works great but is VERY limited as to what configurations you have
> control over.
> Craig
>
> "jennydat" <jennydat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Andaiye
> >
> > Check out the actual receipt format.
> > It shoud be in c:\program files\Microsoft Dynamics RMS\Store
> > Operations\Receipts
> > Select your template and open it as a notepad file.
> > On the top it should display the following lines:
> >
> >   <SET name="ReceiptCount" custom="true" description="Receipt Count"
> > type="vbLong">  1  </SET>
> >   <SET name="PaperWidth" custom="true" description="Paper Width"
> > type="vbdouble">    2.75 </SET>
> >   <SET name="PaperHeight" custom="true" description="Paper Height"
> > type="vbdouble">   11.00 </SET>
> >   <SET name="MarginLeft" custom="true" description="Margin Left"
> > type="vbdouble">    0    </SET>
> >   <SET name="MarginRight" custom="true" description="Margin Right"
> > type="vbdouble">    0    </SET>
> >   <SET name="MarginTop" custom="true" description="Margin Top"
> > type="vbdouble">    0    </SET>
> >   <SET name="MarginBottom" custom="true" description="Margin Bottom"
> > type="vbdouble">    0    </SET>
> >
> > This will show you your 'actual' document settings.
> > You can change them here but if you do be sure to save it as a .xml file.
> >
> > --
> > Jenny
> >

> > "Andaiye" wrote:
> >
> >> the margin is presently at 0 i chaned it to 1 and then to 2 but nothing
> >> happened, it still has about an inch space in it. :(

0
Andaiye (27)

Help formatting text
Hey all, I'm running Excel 2000, and would like to know how to do something... Basically I have a list of sports players and their number, formatted like this.. 20 Firstname Lastname 9 Firstname Lastname Somehow I need to take the number out all together, and then I need to concatenate the firstname with the lastname, so it's formatted as: FirstnameLastname Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks. Gary Hi Gary in an adjacent column use the formula =SUBSTITUTE(RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-SEARCH(" ",A1))," ","") where A1 is the first cell containing the sp...

#N/A Can a conditional format change this to a white font?
#N/A Can a conditional format change this to a white font? Since I have cell B7 Linked from another worksheet and I have trie =B7 format White and nothing happens Am I missing something here -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you could embed your current formula in an IF(ISNA( structure to "deal" with the #N/A error e.g. =IF(ISNA(your original formula),"",your original formula again) Cheers JulieD "RudeRam >" <<RudeRam.1c8246@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:RudeRam.1c8246@excelforum-nospam.com... > #N/A Ca...

SMTP Errors #3
My front end exchange server has been logging SMTP related errors for some time now and the source remains elusive. Event ID 7004 & 7010 are logging every couple of minutes. Event ID 7004: This is an SMTP protocol error log for virtual server ID 1, connection #15795. The remote host "Syntactically", responded to the SMTP command "helo" with "501 Syntactically invalid HELO argument(s) ". The full command sent was "HELO wwu_femail.williamwoods.local ". This will probably cause the connection to fail. Event ID: 2013 (SMTP could not connect ...

Macro for alternate conditional formatting?
Excel 2003 SP3 have spreadsheet with percentages in cells; some cells have "N/A"; already using conditional formatting (3 conditions) to change cell background color for percentages; want background color of cells with "N/A" to remain clear (white); need a macro that will find cells with "N/A" and change them to an alternate background color format (overriding the existing conditional formatting for that cell); if cell changes in future to a percentage, need the 3 conditions format ...

Percent formatting??
Why is it when I type 10 into a text box formatted as 'Percent' it shows 1000%, and when I type 0.1 it shows 0.0%? How do I make the text box accept 10 means 10%? Sandy Hello Sandy. "Sandy" wrote: > Why is it when I type 10 into a text box formatted as 'Percent' > it shows 1000%, ... That's by design: "per cent" means "per hundet", so 1000% = 1000/100. > ...and when I type 0.1 it shows 0.0%? Probably the number field in the table has fieldsize integer or long. To accept decimal places (10% = 10/100 = 0.1), it should be singl...

email receipt time stamp is off 3hrs-how do I fix?
When I receive any email message, it has a "sent" time-stamp that is 3 hours later than actually sent. My line-of-sight co-worker emails me with the same result. My computer time is correct - Eastern time-zone and we haven't been able to find how to change this using Tools or Help. Also, how will I get/retrieve an answer? Bob Could be the ISP/Mail Server you're using. You could contact them to find out. "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BDCA01E-2B46-42CE-AA24-FCD5EC374323@microsoft.com... : When I receive any e...

crm 3.0 exchange router pls help!!!since last year pending
i have a crm 3.0 install on sbs2003 and run perfect except to display the e-mail queue. i did follow the instruction to setup the exchange router : 1. create crm mailbox. (CRMMail) 2. install the exchange router and point the crm mail box to CRMMail. 3. run the rule deployement wizard. 4. create a disable user account(support). check the associated external account and CRMEmailEnabled attribute for it. then i test send email to support. at exchange system manager i able to see mail is deliver to support account but seem like not able to route a copy to CRMMail because not able to see any ...

how do I filter on text format in Excel?
I have a workbook containing text that I wish to filter based on the format of some words. IOW, for instance, all records (rows) with cells containing text of a certain font color, or perhaps characters with the strikethrough mark. I'm relatively familiar with advanced filtering, but this appears to be something requiring a "filter by formula". Does anyone have any experience in this area? It is not in any built in function in Excel only way this would be possible would be to use a UDF (a function written using VBA) in a help column and then filtger on that help column pl...

Read 3 txt input files and create an XL spreadsheet
I have 3 txt files that contain data and i want to generate a single spreadsheet. 1 Text file contains the data as below: USER = GARYG PU SU CL CR CG 2. Text file contains data as : GEN WINDOW_LIST GARYGWL EXCEPTION = N ,INSTALLATION_DATA = NONE =MA , CAN , MULTI , WA , SDR , ETEL ; 3. Text file contains data as: USERCODE "GARYG" DEFAULT_WINDOW = NONE ,WINDOW_LIST = GARYGWL ; The report i am looking should be like this: USER ...

Automatic conditional formatting from a list
Hi All I need a macro that colours cells if the product name in column A on it's row matches any in the product list. There is a list of product names in C17:End(xlUp).Row, that have different backgrounds applied to each cell in the list. The macro looks at Column A in the worksheet & compares it to the product name list. Where it finds a product name match, it goes across to columns I:BJ (on the matched row) and applies the product name's background colour to any "active cells" (i.e. value >0). The following code does this but it's applies...

Rounding Sums Format
I'm using the following formula: =SUM(N25:R25). I want to round the result. I cannot seem to find the correct way to write this formula. I know how to round the sum of two numbers. I cannot find an example of rounding the sum of a series of numbers. I've even tried looking in Execl books and I cann't find an example. Thanks for any help. -- Bob =round(sum(n25:r25),0) Should round it to the nearest integer. "rdw1260@msn.com.(donotspam)" <rdw1260msncomdonotspam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40ED94C9-A79A-4B92-AF45-BAC3471A4A46@microsoft.c...

Format in HTML-Emails destroyed
Hi all A client of mine uses an Exchange Server. Whenever I receive an Email message from one of the clients employees the Email arrives in my Email Client in text format. Any pictures included in the Emails are referred to something like this: [cid:image003.png@01CAAE5E.6D357820]. The link points to nowhere. This happens only if the sender is using Email in HTML format. When they use the RTF format the Email arrives nicely. Once my client deletes my Contact within the Exchange server and the users send me an HTML Email and enter my Email address manually, the Email arrives ...

Read Receipt flood
Ok, tell me if you've ever seen this one before. Had a user (A) send an email to another user (B) with Read Receipt enabled. User B opens email, answer yes to Read Receipt. User A then gets spammed with Read Receipts, averaging one a minute; she got about 9000 of them. Virus scanned both user's workstations and mailboxes with current AV definitions. All clear. The original email has disappeared as user A deleted it, emptied delete items and emptied Recovery as well, so I can't play forensic investigator on that. I'm scheduling to do an integrity check and defrag on t...

How to apply Macro on a same type of format but in excess content?
HI, First of all i 'd like to explain what problem i'm facing. See i've data in three Rows and three Columns. I've recorded macro & i applied the same macro in same formation. like three Rows & Three coloumns. But the question here is now i've Five Rows & Five coloums. Now if i apply the same macro here then it overrides the data over three rows and coloumns. Please let me know can i do apply the same macro because the formation is same only data is in more no. Looking forward to hearing form you. Thanks, Manmohan Singh Wi...

Journal Receipts...printing a batch of receipts
Is there any easy way to print a set of receipts from any given batch (or time period). Instead of simply printing the receipts one at a time, I would like to print all the desired receipts in one shot ( I may need to print over a hundred) If RMS does not have functionality to do this, Is there a way to do it outside of RMS? From what I understand, RMS retains all receipt information by storing a compressed image of the particular receipt transaction. Where is this image kept? Is it in the database, or on a separate file? Thanks, Jack ...

conditional format
Hi I'm trying to conditional format dates so that if the date displayed exceeds 6 months the cell turns red. Any ideas please. Dibs Dibs, If you mean turn red if the date is more than 6 months from the present date: Formula is: =A2> DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY())+6,DAY(TODAY())) Change the A2 to the cell that's selected, or if more than one is selected, the active (white) cell. Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Dibs" <dibs@dibs.co.uk> wrote in message news:3f70951b$0$257$cc9e4d1f@news....

Formatting issues with downloaded spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet I downloaded and when I try to format one of the numbers using the comma style button, the cell turns to text and becomes shaded gray. Another program I download from won't let me use any of the buttons (I can click them but nothing happnes) and I have to go though the menu to do the formatting. Is there some kind of option or setting that I need to change to get the spreadsheet working normally again ? thanks in advance ! Gary Where did you download it from? what button are you talking about? what do the buttons do? >-----Original Message----- >I ha...

Maunfacturing receipt window
It would be nice if the manufacturing receipt window worked like the other inventory lot entry windows. When in the manufacturing receipt window, receipt entery, lot numbers the tab does not move you down to the quantity to receive entry but instead to "link". This makes for a time consuming process for entering many lot numbers as you have to use the mouse. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do no...

Creating a Formula to Format Column automatically? #3
Can I record it as a macro or anything like that? I have to run it o five sheets. I've tried to conditional formatting, and it works only o one cell, unless I'm doing it wrong -- bludovic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bludovico's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1480 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26434 not sure what you are trying to do but conditional formating can be coped and pasted. you have also conditional format an entire column/row by selected the en...

Read Receipt Function in outlook
The read receipt option is no longer working in Outlook Small Business Edition for XP 2002. I have not made any recent changes to my outlook setup. Does anyone know how I can trouble shoot this? ...

Date formatting question
I've just upgraded from Windows 98se to XP Pro, and have been using Excel 2000 on both. Since installing XP and reinstalling Excel, however, I've noticed an annoying quirk which has thrown out the dates of a large set of sheets created and saved under 98. The cells are formatted as 'custom', dd/mm/yyyy and previously I have entered a numeric value - say 1337 - to get the date (late August this year). Now, however, it seems to resolve to a date in 1903 - a century ago. I'm sure it's a case of checking a box in the options somewhere, but for the life of me I can't ...

CRM 3.0 Mobile EntityMapperException
We get the following exceptions in event viewer application log repeated and for serveral times. The MBSIntegrationService then is restarted. Unfortunateliy the exception message is in german but i hope the stack trace will be helpful. Ereignistyp: Fehler Ereignisquelle: MBSIntegrationService Ereigniskategorie: (40) Ereigniskennung: 4000 Datum: 28.09.2007 Zeit: 11:00:48 Benutzer: Nicht zutreffend Computer: NIKONSRV6 Beschreibung: Der Dienst wird sofort beendet. Details: Exception details : Source : Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.Mobility.Utilities Message : Die Entitätszuordnung kan...

How do I format text as a hyperlink in Excel
I want up to 1,00o cells in a single Excel worksheet to display as hyperlinks to general web addresses (mainly home pages). Each cell is a different web address. How do I format the Excel cells to display and act as a hyperlink? The formula to use is =HYPERLINK(actual_address, friendly_address) where actual_address is the full link to the website (or other excel sheets/files), and friendly_address is what is shown in the Excel cell - underlined and coloured blue. If friendly_address is missing, the actual_address is shown. Hope this helps. Pete Pete Thanks for this BUT I already hav...

Receipt Format
I need a Template in Excel for Money received (Receipt Voucher) ...

I need help modifying a receipt
Hi, I could use some help modiftying a custom receipt. Now that the month has 2 digits the year is no longer visible. I tried changing the font size first but in order to get the date to print out its length it gets too small to easily read. We don't need the time to print on the reciept so I removed that from the rows that it appears on and made the row only for the date. Now the time is gone (OK) but the date field is still cut off (bad). Can anyone lend a hand? I am not sure about what I am missing. Thanks, The row origanally read: <ROW> "Date: " Trans...