Radiant 1510 with samsung 350 serial printers

good day,
      Has anyone ever tried using Radiant 1510 Touchscreen moniters with
samsung 350 serial printers......I am having some trouble being able to
print....i have triend both the opos and windows drivers....any help would be
greatly appreciated....

Best regards,
Uttam
0
uttam (11)
11/1/2007 4:15:04 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Using a serial printer might be your problem. If you look through past
threads you will notice a lot of the problems listed with printers show up
with a serial connection. It seems to be much better to use either LPT1 or
USB. You might want to consider a Serial to USB adapter and see if that
works.
Craig

"uttam" <uttam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> good day,
>      Has anyone ever tried using Radiant 1510 Touchscreen moniters with
> samsung 350 serial printers......I am having some trouble being able to
> print....i have triend both the opos and windows drivers....any help would
> be
> greatly appreciated....
>
> Best regards,
> Uttam

0
craig6967 (916)
11/1/2007 4:23:05 PM
Thanks alot craig......but i sorta got through with it. I used the opos
drivers that came with the Samsung Bixolon SRP 350 printer...and it worked!!!
Thanks for the post....

Best regards,
Uttam

"Craig" wrote:

> Using a serial printer might be your problem. If you look through past
> threads you will notice a lot of the problems listed with printers show up
> with a serial connection. It seems to be much better to use either LPT1 or
> USB. You might want to consider a Serial to USB adapter and see if that
> works.
> Craig
>
> "uttam" <uttam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > good day,
> >      Has anyone ever tried using Radiant 1510 Touchscreen moniters with
> > samsung 350 serial printers......I am having some trouble being able to
> > print....i have triend both the opos and windows drivers....any help would
> > be
> > greatly appreciated....
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Uttam

0
uttam (11)

serializing loops
Hi, I would appreciate any help regarding the following problem: Say I have a class A which has a member pointer to B, and class B has a member pointer to A. Now I have two instances of A and B, the member pointers of which point to each other. That is: class B; class A { public: B* Bptr; } class B { public: A* Aptr; } A a; B b; a.Bptr = b; b.Aptr = a; How should I implement the Serialize method for A and B? Another, perhaps slightly simpler question: Say I have class C which has a member pointer to class D, and there is more than one instance of C which points to the same instance o...

How to use CSocket & Serialize in multithread network program?
Hi, all I'm writing a multithread program to transfer object data, I want to use CSocket & CSocketFile to serialize objects over network. On the server, I start a listening socket in main thread, when OnAccept() occurs, the main thread will create a sub thread that with a CSocket member, and the CSocket member will be accepted in main thread. I think the sub thread will take charge with the serialization of data before, but now it seems that the serialize code is run in the main thread, when serializing, the main thread can't accept new connection. How to use CSocket & ...

serializing element text using SOAP
I have generated a proxy class derived from System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol One of my classes is defined as [System.Xml.Serialization.SoapTypeAttribute("MyClass", "http://www.mycompany.com")] public class MyClass { public MyClass() { } public MyClass(String text) { this.Value = text; } [XmlText(typeof(string))] public string Value; } I wish for instances of this class to be serialized as <tns:MyClass>hello world</tns:MyClass> However it serializes as <tns:MyClass><Value xsi:type="xsd:string">hello worl...

DOCTYPE with Xml Serialization
I have a class that serialize using the XmlSerializer. I am using several attributes for class members to control serialization process. One thing I cannot figure out how to do is how to add DOCTYPE attribute to the file. This XML file must use the doctype that refers to the DTD rather than an XSD. Could someone point out how to accomplish that using the attributes or by some other means? Thanks! Hi Vlad, Welcome to MSDN newsgroup. From your description, when you use the .NET XmlSerizliation to serizliaze some class instances out to xml stream, you want to also expose the DocType for ...

xp and printer help
I'm having a problem with my printer that I think now has something to do with xp or explorer. when I get my mail from aol or anyother internet based mail server when i start to print several emails the computer will close out the aol program and will just print jibrish..??? I thought the printer was bad, dell replaced and I still have the same problem. It works fine with office/wp any program based printing jobs only when I print from the internet do I get this..I seems like the printer can't keep up with the information but these are very small emails..and again it works fi...

problem when transferring out serialized item
we have a serialized item that was returned by a customer, and was placed into offline inventory. i went to offline inventory and transferred the item out, we did a standard transfer type (we are sending the item back to the supplier). after doing that, i went to the transfer out order, and selected issue all, and tried to commit to it. i get the error message "the following serial number exists in the database, and is not available for issuing: 04215494019" i checked this serial number in the serial table, and the status of the serial number is set at 3. we've never...

Serial port
Hey, I've got an application (VC6), which must communicate with the serial port (com port). I use ReadFile, WriteFile with Non-overlapped mode. There's a thread, which is only for the reading. The problem: Missing data. Does anybody knows, how the input/output buffer of the comport is realizied? When there come more data over the ComPort then the Software reads out, what happens? Does anybody had some advices? Thanks Peter There are a variety of ways to set up reading a commport, but in general you= have to use overlapped IO. The comm port driver in effect puts data in y...

CEPC, serial KITL
Can somebody explain to the novice how to enable serial KITL in WinCE 6.0. CEPC ? My CEPC platform has an incompatible Ethernet adapter, so I am booting to MS-DOS copying NK.BIN from the network share and then staring it with loadcepc.exe It works great, I also can see debug messages on serial port. Great, however, what is the easiest way to run KITL over the serial port ? There suppose to be serial KITL implementation in CEPC BSP, but how to enable it ??? Thank you, Yan ...

Serialization to XmlTextReader results in null

Named printers redirection
I know about most of those, but for Payroll, I see nothing for posting reports to redirect them somewhere under named printers. Also, like in some other posts, I have nothing at all for manufacturing. But in this post I was trying to redirect all the payroll posting reports, but I see no task description for posting reports under the payroll series. Thanks for you help. ------------------------ Under each of the series are Posting Reports. Is that what you are looking for? David Musgrave [MSFT] Original Developer of Named Printers Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MB...

Radiant 1510 with samsung 350 serial printers
good day, Has anyone ever tried using Radiant 1510 Touchscreen moniters with samsung 350 serial printers......I am having some trouble being able to print....i have triend both the opos and windows drivers....any help would be greatly appreciated.... Best regards, Uttam Using a serial printer might be your problem. If you look through past threads you will notice a lot of the problems listed with printers show up with a serial connection. It seems to be much better to use either LPT1 or USB. You might want to consider a Serial to USB adapter and see if that works. Craig "...

What printer and hangtags for RMS.
There are a few posts I have to respond later. In the mean time, which printer and hang tags will you recommend for the MSRMS. How much does the printer cost, cartridge or carbon, and price on hang tags per thousand?... Will someone provide a link?... With service from a "partner", one HQ and 2 RMS stations, how much should it cost to get the system up and running, initially for a retail business, and how long does it take to complete, aprroximately? I will not respond to private emails. Thank you!.. >> I will not respond to private emails. Are you asking people to b...

GP integration with Radiant Systems Entertainment
Has anyone done any work to get information from Radiant (a theater management/POS system) into a GP journal? It seems that at the individual theater level all of the "export" files that Radiant creates conisist of multiple different types of fixed lenght records - only some of which will be of interest to GP. Radiant does have some sort of CSV export, but it is only available from a "headquarters level" version of their software. Just wanting to see if we have to invent some wheels to extract information from the Radiant files or if anyone has already done so. Tha...

Pysical Inventory of Serialized items
Hi, Currently, there are setup options available in RMS that allows you to link the specific serial number of an item during receiving, during selling, curing customer returns, etc. However, when you generate a Physical Inventory, you cannot count an item per its serial number. Are there workarounds available? Thanks \Franco fmanuel@gisimplement.com why do you want to do this?? Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = = "Joseph Franco Manuel" <JosephFrancoManuel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2218350-DF...

Namespace references in XML Serialization #2
I have an object which serializes to XML. It's root node references the namespace I'm working with, but I would like to preferace the root node with a namespace reference (ie ns1:RootNode) is there a way to do this with XmlAttributes? how do you serialize? If you are using .NET's XML serialization, you can use XmlSerializerNamespaces ns = new XmlSerializerNamespaces(); ns.Add( "ns1", "urn:WhateverYouLike" ); to specify a prefix and map it to a particular XML namespace. Then serialize with something like XmlSerializer s1 = new Xml...

Printing Graphics to PCL and PostScript printer
ok, we get a HDC from a previously opened printer using the correct defaults struct and access rights. we attach this HDC to a CDC which we will use to write to. next we load an image from a file (JPG) into a CImage object. this JPG is not transparent. we then render this image onto the CDC (which has been prepared as in CView::OnPrepareDC to the doc extents that we desire). again, we load another gif (this time a transparent gif) into a CImage object and render that one using the same coordinates as the previous. i.e. it should be drawn on top of the first image (we do the render wi...

Canon printer i860 does not print from Micro Word
Canon printer i860 does not print from Micro Word On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 15:24:00 -0800, Haslbeck <Haslbeck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Canon printer i860 does not print from Micro Word You're talking to human beings, not to a search engine... and you're talking to the wrong group. This newsgroup is for the database software Microsoft Access. I'd suggest that you either scroll down the list of subjects and repost in a Word support newsgroup - with considerably more detail so that someone might have a chance of helping (version of Windows, version of Word, symptoms....

Publisher and Word printer margins unexpected printer results
In Microsoft Publisher, I set up a custom size page ( 5.5 X 8.50) Statement size. Printer is HP 7960 Photosmart with margins minimized. Page margins set as .25 top, bottom, right and left side. Looks perfect on the screen but in print preview there is extra space added to the left side of the page. When it is printed the left margin is diminished by about 1/8:of what is set in the document.. This is happening with another printer as well, HP K8600. I feel it is a Office software issue and have been trying for weeks to solve it. In Word the document looks correct in the preview, but...

XML Serializer question...
Hi, I have an array of structures I would like to turn into an XML string using the XML serializer. The problem I am running into is that I get an exception. Depending on what data type I set the serializer up with (my structure or ArrayList), I get either "Invalid Cast" or "...did not expect type <my structure> ..." Does anybody know how I can do this WITHOUT having to resort to using the SOAP formatter? It seems like a waste to put all of that extra stuff in my xml. Thanks, James can you show us a simple test case that illustrates the problem you are en...

Printer Friendly Email: Page Breaks
How do I insert a page break into the text of an email in Outlook Express 5? Any other tips on where to go to learn how to format email text using html? Thanks. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpre...

Array serialization
Is it possible to serialize three CStringArray objects to disk file? I'm using a CFile opened in "CFile::modeBinary" to store are retrieve data. If the file is successfully opened it calls the following .... CArchive ar(pFhandle, CArchive::load); Serialize(ar); .... to store the data. It works for simple CStrings but not for arrays. <scratching head...> "c: ! Thanks, Mark I think you mean CFile::typeBinary. Anyway, It works fine for me. Is pFhandle a CFile pointer? AliR. "Mark F." <reply_to_ng@news.com> wrote in message news:7CLbf.74488$...

How do I setup printer with ip address from other location
How do I seup a printer with the ip address from the other printer PAM wrote: > How do I seup a printer with the ip address from the other printer I don't understand the "other printer" part of your question, but it probably doesn't matter. Click the Windows Start menu and choose Settings > Printers and Faxes. In that dialog, click the Add a Printer icon. When it asks whether the printer is local or networked, say networked. Then you'll get a chance to browse for the printer on the network. If you know its IP address, you should be able to enter t...

Custom Tailoring An Access Report to fit an Existing Form Fed Printer Receipt Fo
I work for a State Correctional Facility as the Mailroom Supervisor and Computer Help Desk Representative. While Inmate receipts are still being written by hand there is a Stand-Alone- Computer Receipt System, consisting of a Stand-Alone-Computer, Okaidata 321 Impact Printer, 3 color part copy form fed preprinted/number receipt form, and Lotus Approach Software, that generates Inmate receipts. The flaw with the Stand-Alone-Computer is that when it is used each following day the following days receipt information is lost instead of being captured in a database. I am in the proces...

Serialization #2
Hi All, I use Serialize() to open files in my application. However, if the file is ReadOnly I get the error "Failed to open document" from CDocManager::OpenDocumentFile(LPCTSTR lpszFileName). Anyone have any ideas how to get around this? Cheers, Rob ...