Quote Ammendments

I have devised a quote system in excel and i am looking at a way to move
ammendments to another sheet, in such a way that the new item on the quote
stays where it is, anything that isn't changed stays where it is, but
something that is removed, or is marked to be removed, is moved to another
sheet rather than being deleted.
0
Dude3966 (1)
3/4/2008 2:43:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What "!"and "$" are used for?
Hi there! I regret my ignorance, but can you please mak eit clear, what "!"and "$" are used for? What is the purpose for these symbols?! I am new in this matter- work with MS Excel... :-( Thanks in advance! Ves ! is the separator between a sheet name and a range reference such as in Sheet1!A1:A20 I suppose it makes parsing the formula simpler. $ is use with a cell reference to make it absolute. For instance, if you enter =A1 in cell B1 and then copy that down, B2 will change to =A2, B3 to =A3 and so on. But if you enter =A$1 in B1 and copy down, B2 ...

"from" account when hit reply
When i reply to any message - no matter which account the message was sent to (i have two different accounts - 2 different email addresses coming into same place) it always lists "A" address, even though "B" is my default, and I have entered "A" as the reply address in my account settings for BOTH addresses. i am using outlook express. anyone know the answer? i am sending hundreds of replys and dont want to have to keep clicking the other account each time. thank you very much, trixie "trixie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Difference between "My Contacts" and "Other" Contacts
My office just upgraded from Office XP to Office 2003. I've noticed in Outlook, in Contacts, that some Contacts that I have access to are listd under "My Contacts" but others are listed under the "Other" section of Contacts. Why is that? Other Contacts folders that are not configured in your folder list. By definition they are not owned by you. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Tony Law" <anonymous@discussions...

Read outlook from MS ACCESS, how to disable "Do You want to allow this"
Hello, I have developed a Access application that needs to read mail from Outlook, versions on Access and outlook are 2003. In the code i use mapi to connect to outlook. When i tries to read the subject of a message outlook displays "A program is trying to access e-mail adresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this." And then i can allow access for max 10 minutes. My application is use scheduled statupm creating reports without man-macine interferance so i need to disable this message. I have tried with modifiing registry KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office...

Word 2007 and customized "toolbars"?
Hello, I am new to Word 2007; however, I am experienced in Word 2003. As you know, in Word 2003, one was able to create a customized toolbar and assign it to a particular template or even Normal.dot. In this way, users of the template would be able to access the features of the customized toolbar. Now, I am at a loss. Is there any way to do what I've described above in Word 2007? (My operating system is Windows XP.) My goal is to create templates that are user-friendly for non-Word-experienced authors. Would appreciate any guidance. The customization options are...

Why do support emails show up in my "assigned" queue...
CRMers, Our CRM system is set up such that any email that goes to our support email address gets redeployed to a configured "Support" queue within CRM. The problem I have is that the email also shows up in my "Assigned" queue. The only reason I can think of is that I am set as the owner for the support queue. It appears a queue cannot be created without an owner. Does anyone have any insight on this problem and how to fix it? Thank you in advance for your help. Pradeep for a queue to work you have to set up a dedicated mailbox in exchange and then use that email ad...

"Protect Sheet" #3
I am using Excel 2007 with Vista Home Premium. I have 15 workbooks, each with 12 sheets. I want each sheet (not the workbook) password protected to prevent any accidental to interference with formulae. With a total of 180 worksheets I am a bit disappointed there is no way other than protecting each sheet one at a time entering each password twice...! ......Or am I wrong? I sincerely hope I am. Can anyone help? TIA Hi, There is no built-in way, however, you can write a VBA macro. Sub ProtectMe() For each sh in Worksheets sh.Protect Password:="x" Next sh End sub If ...

Error message "formula is too long"
Hello all, I have an Excel spreadsheet that, when opened, executes some SQL queries against a SQL Server 2000 DB. This function works correctly. This spreadsheet is part of an automated process. This process starts Excel up in the background, the data is pulled since the spreadsheet is opened, and the results are saved to an HTML file. The thing is, my users have requested I setup the spreadsheet such that if someone opens up the spreadsheet, they can easily manually modify something such that it will pull data from a date/time of their choice. I can think of multiple ways of doin...

"Theme" and "recently used" font list
How do I change the "theme" and "recently used" font list? "WD2000: How to Turn off the Font Most Recently Used (MRU) List" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=199785; for Word 2002, see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=289506; for Word 2003, see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=820917. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> &g...

Off 2003 upon Window7 Excel works but not on "all programs" menu
Loaded Windows 7. Reinstalled Office 2003. Excel not listed under "Microsoft Office" in "All Programs". Outlook, Word, ect are listed. But if I use Explore to open an Excel document, Excel runs fine. How do I get Excel back on the menu? Either repair the office shortcuts or create the excel shortcut "Carlb101" <Carlb101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9EE00EF6-8253-4995-8AC8-090BA2AA27F7@microsoft.com... > Loaded Windows 7. Reinstalled Office 2003. Excel not listed under > "Microsoft Office" in "All...

"tracing" email
One of my users is receiving "anonymous" email from someone at my firm. They were first using a hotmail account and now have switched to another account. What do I need to find out who is sending this mail, or at least figure out where it is coming from? ANY information will be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Doreen "Doreen" <doreo715@hotmail.com> wrote: > >One of my users is receiving "anonymous" email from someone at my firm. >They were first using a hotmail account and now have switched to another >account. > >What do I need to fin...

"Switch To" another application
I want to pop a running application up to the top of the screen. Basically I want to simulate the functionality of the "Switch to" feature in Task Manager. Naturally, it will not work. First off, I obtain the process handle by using EnumProcesses(). Next, after realizing that this was an area of the API with lots of holes, I find I must jump through hoops in order to "Switch To" this application. Next, I call GetProcessID() on my process handle. Next, I call EnumThreadWindows which inconvienently uses a callback function to obtain the window handles of the windows of t...

OT: PDF describing "features" in Windows 7.
I remember a document similar to this for Vista. Problem was, they nixed many of those feature before they released the product. Same could happen here, but it made for some interesting reading. http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Win7DeveloperGuide ...

Want to export "True" or "False" not 1 or 0 to tet file.
I am exporting a table in Access 2003 to a text file which is imported in to a third party appplication. However, there are a few colums with "True" and "False" filelds but when access generates the text file it replaces true and false with 1 and 0 I need it to export "True" or "False" as the third party application does not accept 1 or 0 Is there any way to achieve this. Thanks You would have to export from a query and use a calculated field. Field: SomeFieldTF: IIF(SomeYesNoField,"True","False") Or as ...

Straight quotes in bullet/number lists
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Since installing Snow Leopard, all bullets/numbers are followed by straight quotes. (This is happening in both Word 2004 and 2008.) Have tried changing fonts, changing bullet type, defining new bullet style - nothing has helped. Any thoughts? Hi Josie: I suspect it IS the style that is doing this. Go in through Format>Style>... Select the style in use and Format>Modify>Numbering... Select the number format or bullet format in use and Customise... You will find the quote as part of the &quo...

User Group "Access Denied"
I've just installed sharepoint 3 and have the following dafault permissions groups: Central Administration members - Farm administrator - Site admin - Users I've added 2 windows accounts to central admin and site admin and they can access the site okay but nobody else can When i add any windows account to the Users group they get an 'access denied' Ideally i would like to add the 'domain users' group from Active directopry to the Sharepoint Users group but when i do so nobody can access Can someone please help? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software ...

Table of "TABS"
I have a workbook that has too many tabed worksheets. Is there any way to easily set up a "first worksheet" Table of Tabs (contents) worksheet, so that when I select a tab from the Table of Tabs, it will take me right to the worksheet? Hi John You can right click on the arrows on the left of the first sheet tab or see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "John Florida" <jelwood@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message news:46813e48$0$8063$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... >I have a workbook that ha...

"You cannot open two documents with the same name" message problem
Hi All, I am wondering if anyone has a solution on this. There is a Word 2007 file (docx) that has links to an Excel file. They are both resided in the same folder. When the files are moved to another folder, the link path does not get updated =96 which I understand. But when the Word file is first opened, the following message came up: A document with the name "xxx.xlsm" is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders. To open the second documents, either close the document that's currently open...

Retrieve email problem: "The operation failed"
When I click on Send/Receive in my Outlook 2002 to try to retrieve new emails, an error window pops up immediately which states: "The operation failed." I reinstalled Outlook 2002. No help. I tried the repair function. No help. I use Windows XP. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Before I reinstalled Outlook 2002, the program occasionally would not load at all. When I did a Control/Alt/Delete, I received an error message that stated that the problem was caused by a conflict between Outlook 2002 and WinFaxPro. I don't even have WinFaxPro installed on this computer. HH ...

What are the "." and ".." Folders ?
Hi guys, I'm using FindFirstFile() and FindNextFile() to scan for folders/files and I always get two items named "." and ".." What are those things ? Do they have special attributes I can use to filter them out of my result ? I'm probably better off using the shell namespace for this kind of work but the Win32 functions are nice and easy to implement. Thank you, R. .. is current dircetory ... is parent directory Yes they have special attributes they have the special names "." and ".." If you were using CFileFind you could use the metho...

Outlook 2007 "Weekly(Top to Bottom)" Calendar
In previous versions of Outlook, if you clicked on the toolbar to see the Week view in calendar it would show the days in a block format. That view appears to be missing in Outlook 2007. You can still print in this view, it is called "Weekly(Top to Bottom)". (Go into Print Preview in your calendar and choose "Weekly(Top to Bottom)" to see what I am talking about.) I can find no way to make it show the calendar in this blocky view in Outlook 2007, even when I am customizing a view. Anyone know how to get this view back? Thanks! Eric Galloway Hooray - someone ...

stuck in "Preparing to Send/Receive"
Reply Alls were working perfectly yesterday and I can send emails without trouble. But a Reply All today is permanently stuck in "Preparing to Send/Receive". How do I fix this? Remove the message from your Outbox and try again. See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm Without knowing any details, it is hard to say what might have caused this and how to prevent it from happening in the future. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and...

Query to join records according to "hierarchy"
I didn't know how else to describe it. I have records with this structure: Fields: Name; Last Name; Group John; Brown; 1-1 Carl; Rogers; 1-1 Brian; Mann; 1-2 Charles; Grant; 2-1 Eddie; Murphy; 2-2 Carmen; Elec; 3-1 Ellen; Smith; 3-2 ......and so on What I need is to combine the field Name in group 1-1 to 1-2, 2-2, 3-2. Then 2-1 with 2-2, 3-2. Then 3-1 with 3-2. Is this possible? If so, how can I do it? Thanks for the help. On Jul 4, 11:55 am, sergio.prin...@gmail.com wrote: > I didn't know...

SeriesCollection(10).Name = "=""""""NBT""""""" What are all these quotes?
With the goal of some VBA later, I am playing with charts and saw this in a recording: ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(10).Name = "=""""""NBT""""""" I was changing the name of a series to a text string of NBT. What is the reason for all the quotes.? FYI. Using a range I selected the cell with the name as a text string" gives this: ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(10).Name = "=Sheet1!R26C2" Thank you. Excel 2007 Chart VBA with lots of quotes, and alternate variable presentation. http:/...