Upon any sort of upgrade or hotfix, RMS creates a whole new set of desktop
icons.  What a pain!  Pls fix.  Ask if we want to create new desktop icons,
pls.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6866f09b-63b5-4266-8fee-1db9f4d1e083&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
timgale (38)
7/27/2006 3:14:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Create an order for multiple accounts
My issue: I am inporting a large database with accounts and contacts (approx. 13000 records) For the specific company I am doing this for, there is a history in the orders for a number of accounts (approx. 500 orders for 3 products). I want to create these orders in the CRM for this history, but cannot find out how to create these orders. Logically, I wanted to create 1 order and assign it to multiple accounts, but that does'nt seem to be possible. How can I best solve this? Logically I don't prefer to manually create each of 500 orders. Paul, by default on order is as you menti...

Create two related list box
hi all, I don't know if I can asking questions regarding Access in this foru or not, but hopefully can get some answers. In my Access form, I want to create 2 list box where the first list bo with 3 sections (morning, afternoon, evening) and the second list box i for the time(7-8am, 8-9am, 9-10am, 10-11am, 11-12pm, 12-1pm,.......). So, when the user choose "morning" under the sections list box, the the choices he has to choose from are 7-8, 8-9, 9-10, 10-11am. Afte the time is chose, some information related are displayed out. How thi can be done :confused: ? I hope someone...

create a spreadsheet from another app
Hi, I am creating Excel spreadsheets from our application. We start Excel and then send DDE commands to it to create spreadsheets. Is there a better way of doing this that is not so error prone ? Excel seems to have DDE problems often and there seems to be some mysterious re-entrency problems where both our application and Excel will have be restarted in order to get the communication flowing again. Sincerely, Lynn McGuire On Jun 26, 1:43=A0am, Lynn McGuire <l...@winsim.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am creating Excel spreadsheets from our application. =A0We start > Excel and t...

Getting rid of excel message after quiting excel
L.S., Via Oracle I save an excel-file to a text (txt) file. In the Oracle-code I want to automatically close Excel, but the message: 'test.txt is not in Microsoft97-format. Do you want to save your changes? bla bla bla.' Is there a way this message can be skipped? The same for the message 'test.txt already exists. Overwrite file?'. Hope anyone can help me! Wilco Morren Hi Wilco Application.DisplayAlerts = False is the standard way, assuming you are talking Excel VBA code. Hope it translates to "Oracle code" one way or another. -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Exce...

Application.Quit / DoCmd.Quit Fails
Greetings: I was looking at the task manager and just noticed that Access isn't really closing when I exit my application. One copy of Access shows up in the processes list for each time I open and close the application. (It doesn't appear in the applications list.) I've read dozens of posts about the merits of DoCmd.Quit v. Application.Quit, closing recordsets and setting their variables = Nothing. No matter what I do, Access remains open in the background. Here are the significant parts of my code: Private Sub cmdQuit_Click() DoCmd.Close acForm, "frmMenuMain", ac...

Creating invoices
Any help in creating invoices? The templates provided are rather limited in what you can do with them ...

How do I duplicate background, bar colors, etc. to other charts?
I have 11 charts in one Workbook that tall need to have the same backgrounds, bar colors, fonts, etc. How can I customize one and then duplicate the customization on the other 10? I'm running Excel 2007. -- BWeech Hi, Save the customized chart as a template and then apply that to the other charts: 1. Chart Tools, Design, Save As Template... 2. with another chart selected choose Chart Tools, Design, Change Chart Type, Templates ... -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "BWeech" wrote: > I have 11 charts in one Workbook that tall...

how do i create a training matrix in excel
iI would like to create a training matrix that displays in a traffic light i.e red = needs retraining. Green= trained. yellow = being trained. Each cell would change to the required colour by typing R + date of training completed would change this cell from green to red highlighting the need for retraining. date of training completed = trained but when the date was moor than 5 years the cell would change to red. BT =for being trained would turn cell yellow Using conditional formatting. I set my table up like this. Column A = Date Column B = Status Date (Training Status Date) Col...

creating a equation for a column
how do i set up a rule for excel to do the following. i want column b to be c divided by 11. but i want it to calculate for each row. example c2 reads 110 so it will automatically show 11 in b2. in c4 the number is 990 so b4 should read 99. is there anyway i can create a rule or something along those lines or in each line do i need to type in say b2 (=c2/11) and in b4 (=c4/11)? You can copy the formula in the top formula cell down by dragging its bottom right-hand corner (ie the fill handle - looks like a black square when you point the cursor to it) Place in B2: =C2/11 Drag B2 down B...

O98 continues to run after I Quit
Hi Guys, I do hope you can offer some help with a problem I'm having. When I close Outlook 98 down, if I look in the Task Manager it thinks it's still running and if I should then try and open O98 again (by double-clicking on an icon on my desktop), nothing happens (ie it wont restart). I've found the following article in the knowledge base: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;263530&Product=out98 This seems to fit the bill but it refers to a fix that can be obtained from Microsoft but I've had no joy in obtaining it (the contact system tells me...

Creating a calculated field using dates in a form
I am trying to use dates from 2 fields in a form (HireDate-DOB) to calculate age. Then, using the age, I want to display a message if the age is less than 18. I think I have written a conditional statement correctly, but am unsure where to place it so that the message displays when the condition is met. I am totally new to Access 2007 and VB. You did not say what the content of your 'conditional statement' was and how you plan on using it. What has HireDate to do with it? Is it you want to see if their age is less than 18 on the date of hiring? Then this will c...

How do I send my Outlook calendar to my desktop?
I would like to see my calendar created in Microsoft Outlook on my desktop. I have found information that says it can be done but I cannot find any instructions to accomplish this task. Post link to said info? Dan wrote: > I would like to see my calendar created in Microsoft Outlook on my desktop. > I have found information that says it can be done but I cannot find any > instructions to accomplish this task. "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:855665E0-8B0B-4ABD-915A-A4EC509167F7@microsoft.com... >I would like to s...

Help with locating duplicate entries
I have a duplicate entry problem. It's not a typical one and I can' figure it out. Here goes: I have a sheet with 10 columns of data. Email and Price Total are the 2 relevant ones. This sheet is a file of all orders since the last 4 months. Each order = 1 row of data. I want to measure lifetime value of a customer so the only way to do that is to measure how many times a unique email ordered and how much the grand total of all their orders were. How can I do this in Excel. I am almost sure it can be onde jujst that I can't do it. I tried Advance Filter but can't figure out ...

Excel Quit opening
For some reason when I go to ope a spreadsheet from an application or when an application asks if I want export to csv, it will launch Excel, but will not populate the spreadsheet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Louis@mindiq.com ...

Access
With a database stored on a network drive, Access 2007 creates a copy each time I close it, and names it database, database1, database2, etc. This does not happen when I have the database stored on my hard drive. How can I stop this from happening? On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 08:34:02 -0700, mfdou <mfdou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >With a database stored on a network drive, Access 2007 creates a copy each >time I close it, and names it database, database1, database2, etc. This does >not happen when I have the database stored on my hard drive. How can I stop >this fro...

Script Create Mail Box
Is there a script I can run on an OU to create mailboxes in bulk and specify an Exchange Mail Store? I am in the process of creating a new Exchange server and I want to add users to an OU; run a script that will create the mailbox and assign it to an Exchange Storage Group based upon the OU. Does this sound possible? Yes it is absolutely possible although you'll have to find a script or right one yourself. An alternative might be to use a tool like ldifde to do a bulk import. Nue "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40D54FE3-CCF1-40C2-830...

Quit before retirement
I have finished my migration from Exchange 2K SP3 (old) to a new box running Exch 2003 SP2 (new). I have completed all the steps according to KB307917. Everything was moved (mailboxes, public folders etc). I let the old Exchange server run for about a week. Then I stopped the FTP,NNTP,SMTP and WWW services on the old exchange server. I shut the old exchange server down. I tried to delete the old exchange server from Exchange System Manager which causes ESM to a nonresponding state. I read that Exchange needs to be uninstalled from the old exchange server, making it go away. My p...

How to create a column with no duplicate entries
I have a column which is blank at the moment but which I will be using to input invoice numbers. I want there to be no invoice numbers the same - i.e. no duplicate entries within the column itself. There is no formula in the column because it is a number I just input from the invoice. Hi Select the column (p.e. column A) Data.Validation.Custom Formula=COUNTIF(A:A,"=" & A1)<2 Press Enter It's all "Ita" <imcbride@imo.org> wrote in message news:14824D19-D999-45D3-98A4-2847E00400D0@microsoft.com... > I have a column which is blank at the moment but w...

ActiveX component can't create object
I am installing Dynamics 7.5 on a new dell optiplex gx620. When running forms with VBA I get the error "ActiveX component can't create object" before the window opens. And then the error continues as you use the form. I have tried copying the VBA file from other working computers with no luck. I have checked the references in the VB and all that are checked on other working machines are checked on this new Dell. Any ideas? I have 2 new dells that this is not working on I would suspect the O/S rather than the hardware. What operating system are these new machines running? ...

Problem creating new users programmatically
Hi, I am coding an application with should create new user in AD and their Mailbox. I am using VB.NET on Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003 SP1 What I am doing now is this: - Creating new user in AD using DirectoryServices (lately I tried pure ADSI also) - Setting its properties and CommitChanges - Getting its NativeObject and assign it to a CDOEXM.iMailboxStore and try creating its mailbox using CreateMailbox method. - After that I set the property "msExchUserAccountControl" to 0 for immediate logon. Every thing goes fine till here. In next step I am going to make the user's m...

Creating Templates
Why does excel drop zip code digit(s) when creating labels? gwj, have a look here http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "gwj248" <gwj248@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEB241ED-D207-4B07-8914-A9A2F328A0DE@microsoft.com... > Why does excel drop zip code digit(s) when creating labels? ...

VLOOKUP not quite right...
I have a worksheet with job numbers in column A which correspond to data in four rows of the other columns, ie every 4 rows in column A there is a new job number. Interim column A cells are blank. On another worksheet I am trying to put, in horizontal format, the value in column A then data extracted from another column, eg A10, G10, G11, G12 A14, G14, G15, G16 A18, G18, G19, G20... I could use VLOOKUP to do G10, G14, G18, but that doesn't help with those data values that are not on the same row as the job numbers. I have been looking at INDEX and OFFSET and not wholly understanding th...

Inserting the Date the File was Created
I am creating a template (several templates actually). In each of these templates it would be helpful ot insert the date that the .xls file is created from the template rather than having to remember to change/type the correct date into the cell. (I am all about automating.) Anyone know a solution to this one. Thanks Hi not possible without using VBA. One way: insert the following code in one of your modules: Function DocProps(prop As String) application.volatile On Error GoTo err_value DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties _ (prop) Exit Function err_valu...

how do I create a macro to select all colored cells in a worksheet
Need help writing the code for an Excel Macro that would find all cells that have any interior color so that an outer border can be added around all colored cells. Hi, Try this. I've included the code to add the borders but you can delete this if you want to do it manually. Not this will not work for conditionally formatted coloured cells Sub sonic() Dim CopyRange As Range For Each c In ActiveSheet.UsedRange If c.Interior.ColorIndex <> xlNone Then If CopyRange Is Nothing Then Set CopyRange = c Else Set CopyRange = Union(C...

Formulas in Spread sheet quit working???
I have a database in a spreadsheet that keeps track of stats for a couple of teams I am on. The formulas have quit working now. Every single formula has quit working since I last worked on the sheet last week. Even simple adding of columns. I can enter the information in the columns and then go to the cell with the formula and open and hit enter and it refreshes the cell and starts working. Any Ideas???? This is very frustrating. Thanks for any help. Richie Richie, Is Tools/Options/Calculation set to Automatic?? John Richie wrote: > I have a database in a spreadsheet tha...