Quickbooks Integration Problems..

First off, some background.  My company has gone through many software
changes over the 10+ years we've been in business.  We started off with MS
Access and Peachtree, then went to Quicksell2000/Peachtree, then
Quicksell2000/Quickbooks, and finally RMS/Quickbooks.  All the while, we've
stuck to manually entering daily sales information into the accounting
software for simplicity sake.  Therefore, each software has a huge
customer/vendor list with years of transaction history.

Now, A year ago, I tried to integrate, and was unsuccesful.  RMS pulled the
lists of customers/vendors from QB creating hundreds of duplicate entries.  I
thought maybe I could use the new entries and make the old ones inactive, but
that would lose years of purchase history/account information.  Also, I was
afraid I would lose detail in the information QB records in the way RMS
exports info.

So a few questions:
1. Does RMS export info as Sales Receipts, Invoices, Payments etc. or a slew
of general journal entries?
2. If I add a new customer in RMS after the integration, will this customer
be automatically added to QB?
3. After integration, should I generate customer account statements out of
QB or RMS?
4. Is there any way, I can keep both databases intact and still integrate
the programs.  In other words, integrate without creating entirely new
customers to replace the old ones?

Any tips/info would be greatly appreciated as year end is approaching, and
if it is possible, I would like to integrate for next year.
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> 1. Does RMS export info as Sales Receipts, Invoices, Payments etc. or a
> slew
> of general journal entries?

Sales transactions are posted as Journal entries - I don't know if I'd call
it 'a slew', there are usually about a dozen entries per batch, but that
depends on you account mapping.  With QB 2003 Pro (or later/higher versions)
, US Version only, you have the option of posting closed Purchase orders.
These post to QB as Bills waiting to be paid.  Most of my customers have
opted out of this, as it doesn't work very well if you receive a lot of
partial shipments from your suppliers.

> 2. If I add a new customer in RMS after the integration, will this
> customer
> be automatically added to QB?

No, RMS can IMPORT objects from Quickbooks, but does not EXPORT Directly to
QB.

> 3. After integration, should I generate customer account statements out of
> QB or RMS?

RMS, but that's just my opinion.

> 4. Is there any way, I can keep both databases intact and still integrate
> the programs.  In other words, integrate without creating entirely new
> customers to replace the old ones?

It is possible to 'merge' multiple customer or supplier records without
losing history, but it is not trivial and there are no tools to help you.
Contact your reseller for help with this - note that not all resellers offer
the same services, so you may have to shop around...

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

"Jesse Walker" <JesseWalker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> First off, some background.  My company has gone through many software
> changes over the 10+ years we've been in business.  We started off with MS
> Access and Peachtree, then went to Quicksell2000/Peachtree, then
> Quicksell2000/Quickbooks, and finally RMS/Quickbooks.  All the while,
> we've
> stuck to manually entering daily sales information into the accounting
> software for simplicity sake.  Therefore, each software has a huge
> customer/vendor list with years of transaction history.
>
> Now, A year ago, I tried to integrate, and was unsuccesful.  RMS pulled
> the
> lists of customers/vendors from QB creating hundreds of duplicate entries.
> thought maybe I could use the new entries and make the old ones inactive,
> but
> that would lose years of purchase history/account information.  Also, I
> was
> afraid I would lose detail in the information QB records in the way RMS
> exports info.
>
> So a few questions:
> 1. Does RMS export info as Sales Receipts, Invoices, Payments etc. or a
> slew
> of general journal entries?
> 2. If I add a new customer in RMS after the integration, will this
> customer
> be automatically added to QB?
> 3. After integration, should I generate customer account statements out of
> QB or RMS?
> 4. Is there any way, I can keep both databases intact and still integrate
> the programs.  In other words, integrate without creating entirely new
> customers to replace the old ones?
>
> Any tips/info would be greatly appreciated as year end is approaching, and
> if it is possible, I would like to integrate for next year.

0
glenn9672 (1267)
12/9/2005 9:31:14 PM
Well, that does answer most of my questions, but I'm surprised you cannot
update customer information at the POS and have it update in QB
automatically.

Also, another question is raised... many of my customers are
contractors/companies that utilise PO#s just as I do to track my accounts
payable.  Currently, I place their PO in a comment on the sales receipts,
then enter the PO# in the correct field in QB.  Are there any plugins that
would allow RMS to accept/track customer POs?  If not, I may be stuck with
manual entry as QB does.
0
Jesse1 (89)
12/9/2005 9:59:05 PM
We use RMS and QB Pro and have not integrated--yet.

I am under the impression that the integration is not all that integrated.
Basically, RMS will send the same info that's on the Z Report (total sales,
amounts tendered, etc.) to G/L accounts in QB.  That's about the extent of
it.  Perhaps my reseller isn't comfortable or has had bad experiences with
more complete RMS/QB integration, but no mention of RMS PO to QB A/P
integration has ever been mentioned.

If you want a truly integrated solution you should be looking at Great
Plains, I think.

Tom
--
The worst words in business:
"We''ve always done it that way"

"Jesse" wrote:

> Well, that does answer most of my questions, but I'm surprised you cannot
> update customer information at the POS and have it update in QB
> automatically.
>
> Also, another question is raised... many of my customers are
> contractors/companies that utilise PO#s just as I do to track my accounts
> payable.  Currently, I place their PO in a comment on the sales receipts,
> then enter the PO# in the correct field in QB.  Are there any plugins that
> would allow RMS to accept/track customer POs?  If not, I may be stuck with
> manual entry as QB does.
0
tomg1 (230)
12/9/2005 11:38:02 PM
Jesse,

Just use RMS to keep track of your AR.  Setup a Tender Type called Store
Account or Terms Account, whatever.

Create an Account Type called the same.  Setup how you do your billing and
if you charge a finance charge, put it in also.

Change your on account customers to the account type your just created.  SO
Manager | Database | Customers | Properties | Account Info tab.  Add a
credit limit

When you are ready to send a statement, SO Manager | Journal | Close Billing
Cycle

Continue to use the Reference for the PO numbers.
--
*
"Jesse" <Jesse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Well, that does answer most of my questions, but I'm surprised you cannot
update customer information at the POS and have it update in QB
automatically.

Also, another question is raised... many of my customers are
contractors/companies that utilise PO#s just as I do to track my accounts
payable.  Currently, I place their PO in a comment on the sales receipts,
then enter the PO# in the correct field in QB.  Are there any plugins that
would allow RMS to accept/track customer POs?  If not, I may be stuck with
manual entry as QB does.

0
spam3944 (2163)

Integration with Sharepoint
Hi All, I'm looking information about how to integrate CRM 4 and Sharepoint, and what are the things those two systems will let me do... I need this for a project at my university Thanks On May 20, 4:09=A0pm, MaurizioPz <Maurizi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi All, > I'm looking information about how to integrate CRM 4 and Sharepoint, and > what are the things those two systems will let me do... > I need this for a project at my university > > Thanks c360 have a nice add-on so msybe check out their site for ideas (http://www.c360.com/SharePointInt...

Problem with ".Visible" sheet property
When someone initially opens a workbook, the "Workbook_Open" subroutine is immediately executed. Here are the first few lines of the Workbook_Open() subroutine: Sheet15.Visible = xlVeryHidden Sheet16.Visible = xlVeryHidden Sheet17.Visible = xlVeryHidden Sheet18.Visible = xlVeryHidden This code is executed just to ensure that sheets 15 through 18 are always hidden, even if the sheets are already hidden. So far, this code has never failed or ever caused any problems at all.....until NOW! One of my users seems to have accidentally created a situation where the abov...

Strange Problem in Inventory
I post this message every couple of months in hope that someone new will see it or someone else has ran into the issue. Tech support has not been able to find a solution for it yet. When we receive items and receive more than the Purchase order was for the item's on order quantity changes to a negative amount that equals the over received amount. In our industry it is common practice to allow over or under 10% variance in quantities shipped so this is a large problem for us weekly as it throws off the PO generator when it is ran. The only thing that fixes the issue is to run reconci...

RMS to Quickbooks
:( I am trying to integrate RMS V1.2 with Quickbooks Premier 2004. O tha accounting tab in RMS mgr I get the message "Cannot Retreive th company from Quickbooks:Blank response received from Quickbooks" This is despite the fact that I get the "Connection successful" ms and the Company file is found. Quickbooks is open and I have admi rights. I get the same msg when I try to import data from QB Any help gratefully received Did you give permission for RMS to access QB in QB? And let it automaticly connect. " hi rick - yes under Company - preferences I have allowed ...

CRM 1.2

Anybody integrate ASP.NET Membership with Facebook Connect etc.
Is it becoming obvious to other developers to attract and retain the persons using our websites we have to now implement an integration strategy with the social networking sites: FaceBook, LinkedIn and Twitter to name what I think are --currently-- the "big three?" "Hillbilly" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in news:eYjLYxFdKHA.5472@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl: > Is it becoming obvious to other developers to attract and retain the > persons using our websites we have to now implement an integration > strategy with the social networking sites: FaceBook, ...

Print Preview Problem
I am using Excel 2003 on my week-old computer and am running into a strange problem with the print preview function. When I click on print preview, the print dialog box pops up as if I had clicked "File", then "Print". If I then click on the "preview" button on the bottom left, or click "okay", it will take me to the normal preview screen. Also, in the "Print what" subsection in the dialog box, "Entire workbook" is selected as the default. It was working properly until today and I don't know why this is happening all of a sud...

CAnimateCtrl problem
Hello, I'm using CAnimateCtrl and have problem with AVI transparency. I create control like this: m_pPlayer->Create(WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | ACS_TRANSPARENT | ACS_AUTOPLAY | SS_NOTIFY, rcClientParent, this, ID_ANIMATOR); Everything is fine when using system colors (default) in the dialog, but when I change the color with ON_WM_ERASEBKGND AVI background stays as system color. anybody knows why? "Azja" <azja@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OsIy2VuRGHA.4456@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I'm using CAnimateCtrl and have problem with AVI tr...

Return Address, Delivery Problems
We have various versions of Outlook that utilize an Exchange 5.5 server as the central data store, as well as the conduit for internal emails. External emails all go in and out directly between Outlook and the Internet through a central gateway. The problem is that on some of the computers, when Email is sent externally (i.e., directly to our ISP, rather than to the Exchange Server), the return address on the email uses the format of the internal Email. This means that if someone "replies" to the Email, it will not get back to us because it uses the wrong email address. As ...

Problem accessing varaiable declared in App Class
Hi, My app is an MFC Dialog app. I have a variable declared in my app class so that it is available to all classes in program using ((CMyApp*)AfxGetApp())->MyVar; The reason i do that is because i use this variable to give me access to my database and there are a number of places in my program that need to access my database. I am using an OLE DB command accessor to access the database and the variable i declace, gcmdAccessor, is used to open the database and query it. I open my databse in the initdialog method of my main dialog using HRESULT hResult = ((CMyApp*)AfxGetApp())->...

Excel 2003 Autocorrect Options problem
Hi-- I just got a new computer at work with Excel 2003 on it. Whenever I try to choose "Tools/AutoCorrect Options" the Basic File Seach Task Pane opens up instead of the AutoCorrect Options Box. I was curious if anyone else was seeing this behavior. I can get into the AutoCorrect Options Dialog box through Word, but not through Excel. I'm willing to try re-installing XL2003, but don't want to hassle with it, if others are having the same problem. Thanks! Laura :-) No problems here, try to repair it under help>detect and repair (keep the cd handy if asked for) --...

OWA Problem #9
Hello everyone I installed Exchange 2003 and it's working OK, my problem is that the OWA doesn't work and even tought I'm able to log in the interface look like the OMA. I'm connecting to http://server/Exchange Does anybody have an idea why is this happening? Thanks in advance for any help. David With Exchange 2003 when you log in you must supply the login as; Username: domainname\username Password: domainpassword >-----Original Message----- >Hello everyone >I installed Exchange 2003 and it's working OK, my problem is that the OWA >doesn't work and e...

Outlook integration issues
We're running Outlook 2K3 and the CRM client with ver. 1.2, when I try to import the contacts list it tells me that Outlook cannot be started even if it is running. Can anyone assist me with troubleshooting this issue. ...

Problem with .addnew
I have a form which allows a user to add a new category to table [CPlan Type]. After update I then want to be able to add an additional record of that category to a table called [CPlan Outcome] for each staff member. I'm using the following code (Item holds the # of Staff members with their ID#s in StaffIDArray() Set RS = db.OpenRecordset("Cplan Outcome", dbOpenDynaset) For Numb = 0 To Item With RS .AddNew !StaffID = StaffIDArray(Numb) !Category = NewCategory !Outcome = "" !U...

Access 2007 - Three Strange Problems
I'm having three very unusual problems with Access 2007: 1. When I exit Access after making changes (forms or VB code) to any database, I get a message that Aceess has encountered a problem and it restarts. When I close it without making any changes, it works correctly. 2. When I enter the VB Code Editor and scroll the active window, the code editor "locks up." I must make some other window or program active and then return to the code editor to get it working again. This will repeat itself often during a coding session. 3. I have the Access options set to "alway...

OutLook 2003, Exchange VPN Problem
i'm using outlook 2003 as my client. Our exchange server is 5.5. I can't seem to connect to the server over my VPN connection. I can see the entire network fine, so I know the VPN is working, authenticated and connected Can anyone offer some guidance Thanks. There is a patch that must be applied to Exchange 5.5 in order for it to work with Outlook 2003. Check with your Exchange admin to see if it has been installed. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to m...

XSLT problem #2
Hi! I'm new around xml and xslt... I'm trying to write a dataset to a CSV file. I'm doing like this: I'm creating a Stylesheet: writer is a XmlTextWriter. (...) // xsl-template writer.WriteStartElement("xsl:template"); writer.WriteAttributeString("match","/"); // xsl:value-of for headers for(int i=0; i< sHeaders.Length; i++) { writer.WriteStartElement("xsl:value-of"); writer.WriteAttributeString("select", "'" + sHeaders[i] + "'"); writer.WriteEndElement( ); // xsl:value-of if (i != sFileds....

Safe Pay Check Amount Problem
I am trying to setup Safe Pay. Everything seems to be working fine except for one annoying quirk. Our bank's Positive Pay data format gives us 12 characters for check amounts ($$$$$$$$$$¢¢). The file that Safe Pay generates is working perfectly except for those checks that are greater than $9,999,999.99 (9 characters). If the check amount is greater than that (say $10,000,000.00), the value that the Safe Pay file shows for that check is 002147483647. And, even if none of the individual checks exceed $9,999,999.99, if the total of the checks in the batch exceeds that a...

Problems with address book
I'm new to using MS outlook. I usually work on *nix servers but this time I am working with Active Directory and facing some problems. I want to see only the people whose account are active in my address book. Currently I see all the people's e-mail addresses when I click on 'To' button. Many of those accounts are disabled, but sitll I see there addresses. Also if I want to send e-mail to everyone, it also sends mails to those people whose accounts are disabled and ultimately creates a lot of confusion. Is there a way that I can see people whose accounts are currently active,...

UNSUBSCRIBE Problems
Dear Group, Hope someone can help, having real problems with the CRM un- subscription functions for marketing list. The email router is set up and running correctly and the following are set in : Organisation Settings \ System Settings \ Marketing Create campaign responses for incoming e-mail: Yes Set "Do Not Send Marketing Material" option when unsubscribe e-mail is received: Yes Send acknowledgement to customers when they unsubscribe: Yes Template for Acknowledgment Email: Set to an appropriate email Have test and when sending the unsubscribe email the "Send Marketing Mat...

Quickbooks Interface
When I try to post closed batches to Quickbooks, an error message gets stored in the log file as follows."Transaction split lines to accounts payable must include a vendor on that split line."- Is there anyway to find out the details in RMS, where the split line occurs? How to resolve this issue? I have synchronized the Vendor database in QB with RMS. Thank you all for the help. Krish ...

Problem editing links...
The problem I am having is specific to only a couple of workbooks that I've been using. Here's what happens: I paste a link from one workbook to another without any problems. The info is linked and updated automatically. However, if I try to edit the link formula, say to change it from constants ($A$1), it "kills" the link. From that point on it only shows the link formula in the cell, and will not show the linked value from the source workbook, even if you correct the formula back to the way it was. The only way to fix it is to undo the editing. We are on a network, a...

Word vX Language problems
I have recently started studying greek at university and was wanting to type assignments which will use greek symbols, but it appears that Word vX (office for Mac) does not support a greek keyboard. Are there any suggestions to help this problem? Regards Stuart Stuart, Since Word X does not support the Greek keyboard, there are two ways that Greek can be put into a Word X document. 1. Insert Symbol From the Insert menu select Symbol. The Symbol font contains Greek characters, both upper and lower case. Simply choose the character you want then click the Insert button. 2. Obtain a Gree...

removing problem emails
How do I remove a problem email from Outlook? The email in question keeps locking up Outlook faster than I can attempt to delete it. Do you have the preview pane on? If so, turn it off before trying to delete the problem message. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "kirky" <kirky@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:06a701c35c90$4baa8be0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do I remove a problem email from Outlook? The email > in question keeps locking up Outlook faster than I can > ...

Can anyone give information about integration between Ms CRM 3.0 and solomon?
i Folks, Can anyone give information about integration between Ms CRM 3.0 and solomon. Thnaks Kittu We will have more details when we get a look at the product. ========================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_community.mspx "kittu" <abburi.krishna@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1135317834.292744.41530@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >i Folks, > Can anyone give information about integration between Ms CRM 3.0 and > solomon. > > Thnaks > Kittu > ...